Goodbye Jesus

The Shroud Is Real?

Kris

Just in time for Easter comes word that Italian scientists have determined that carbon dating puts the date of the shroud within Jesus' lifetime-- plus or minus a few hundred years..

www.foxnews.com/.../shroud-turin-dates- ...

Faux News? Seriously? Don't believe that bunch of buffoons if they tell you water is wet.

Well, not just Fox but a bunch of news sources-- I guess some carbon dating story just broke--if you google the shroud, you will see what I mean. I think the "scientists" are the same ones who believe that some type of special light created the image on the shroud. Of course, the are Italian and probably got some funding from catholic resources-- like the Vatican, but I am sure that this is unbiased research

I remember watching a documentary about this a few years ago.  There was this couple who had done lots of research and I remember it was explained that the little section that had been cut off and allowed to be dated, was a repair section that had been done in the middle ages.  It was pointed out that the original section could be older- hence this new dating it seems.  It also went into the 'science' of the image and how you can only see it properly in a negative film??  There's something weird about this, but I don't for one minute believe it would be Jesus' shroud.  I'd like to know how this image was produced so long ago.  Hopefully they'll work this out.

Why are you so determined to prove jesus existence? The shroud is really just another portrait on a grilled cheese. Why didn't somebody just write something down instead of leaving a dirty rag?

Why are you so determined to prove jesus existence? The shroud is really just another portrait on a grilled cheese. Why didn't somebody just write something down instead of leaving a dirty rag?

Maybe Jesus should have signed his name into the shroud after resurrecting, if it actually happened of course, and then using his god magic, should have written into the shroud, "This is my shroud bitches!"

• Super Moderator

I thought Christians didn't trust carbon dating.

I am definitely not trying to authenticate Jesus in any way-- I just hate when thus stuff comes out because Christians love to shove it in my face as some sort of proof!! Ugghh

Is it me or did anyone miss the refutation in the statement? If so - it was around the time of jesus PLUS OR MINUS a FEW hundred years!!!

In other words, if it were minus a few hundred years than jesus died BEFORE he was actually born! If it were plus the same amount of time then they wouldn't have been able to mount him on a cross because his bones would've been so brittle from incredibly old age that.... Well, you get my drift, right?

Just in time for Easter comes word that Italian scientists have determined that carbon dating puts the date of the shroud within Jesus' lifetime-- plus or minus a few hundred years..

www.foxnews.com/.../shroud-turin-dates- ...

Ha, plus or minus a few hundred years. Minus a few hundred years, the shrouds a fake, more than a few hundred years the shroud's a fake. Manufacturing icons has long been a source of revenue for the mid east. The rag or Turin is a piece of fraud.

"As for proof of my existence, I'm going to leave you a book, a blanket and an empty tomb.  With this, it should not be difficult to prove I existed as Jesus.  Peace out!"

-God

• Like 1

"As for proof of my existence, I'm going to leave you a book, a blanket and an empty tomb.  With this, it should not be difficult to prove I existed as Jesus.  Peace out!"

-God

Oh your perspective sir....walk around, ride you bike, whatever, but move and view from a different angle.  This is as tiresome as the days are long sometimes.

PS.  I love you.

-God

Oh your perspective sir....walk around, ride you bike, whatever, but move and view from a different angle.  This is as tiresome as the days are long sometimes.

PS.  I love you.

I'm not cut-out for it anymore.  Me and one-sided relationships don't work out.

-God

PS.  I love you.

I'm not cut-out for it anymore.  Me and one-sided relationships don't work out.

It's an internal dichotomy....we all have one....it's right next to the appendix.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but even if the shroud was shown to be dated to within 50 years of the death of jesus, what does that prove? I mean no one has his DNA to compare it with. bill

Does it matter if the fabric is dated 1500 or 2000 years?  HOW was the image made and what is it made from? Where was it during the centuries it was 'missing?'... who had it? Can we follow a line of ownership? and if this man was a jew (the supposed image) he wasn't a very good one.. long hair was a sin.

These questions have not been answered, and from what I know of textiles... ancient ones are extremely rare - textiles don't usually survive. It's in remarkably good shape, almost like new.  :P

I'm not buying it.. and the timing is also suspect.  My money is on a very amazing artist and relic fraud.

and Florduh took my answer!!!  (pout)

The timing is definitely suspect.  Sounds like some peeps at the top want a good turnout this weekend...  More money in the buckets after service!!!!  Wahoo!!!

Not that I agree with any of this whatsoever, but I did a bit of looking around at various shroud sites-- why I don't know! I really want to just stop with all this shit, but for some reason, I always feel I have to get the "whole story"!  Anyway, there is some sort of allegation that the shroud has to be much older than the carbon dating due to this "Prayer Codex" in which there is a drawing of jesus being laid to rest in the tomb, and then a subsequent drawing of the empty tomb.  On the latter drawing, there appears to be 4 circles in an "L" shape, which some people say matches the shroud burn holes-- or poker holes.  I looked at the drawings, and while I see the "L" circles, I also see other circles, so I am not sure how good this hypothesis is that the artist of the codex saw the shroud and then interpeted into his drawing.  The codex is supposedly dated to the 1100's or so, which is before the carbon-dating said the shroud age was.  Anyone else here about this?  I saw a few debunkers take some believers to task on this issue-- but other than that, there is not really much on this.  I did not even frind anything from Joe Nickell!!

The issue is not when the shroud is dated to. The issue is whether the image contained on it is of JC. How anyone could prove that is Jesus or someone else is beyond me. Quite simply, there is no way to prove whose image is on the shroud. It is an interesting artifact, but offers absolutely no proof about Jesus of Nazareth at all.

if they accept carbon dating of the shroud, should they accept carbon dating of the earth?

so if. the shroud is real and carbon dating is accepted, jesus birth and death is not 33AD but +- a couple hundreds of years,,,,

if the shroud is +100 AD, the epistles of Paul and gospels, which believed to be written in 70AD or so. became irrelevant and false, making jesus story false, thus the shroud false,,,,

if the shroud is 100BC and epistles and gospels written in 70AD, then they are not written within the same generation who bear witness to jesus lifetime, making the books questionable?

???????

^Yeah really. The idiots are against carbon dating when it doesn't suite their purpose and then all for it when it does. 

Kris, I can address your serious illness pertaining to you asking 'why, you don't know' (checking out even more sources, etc.). You are suffering from a very serious disease. It's called 'critical thinking'. Now, take 2 aspirins but do NOT call me in the morning! LOL

Seriously, I do the same thing over and over. I know something is pure bullshit but I still want to make sure it's pure bullshit. Something to do with the scientific method of testing or whatever..

Not that I agree with any of this whatsoever, but I did a bit of looking around at various shroud sites-- why I don't know! I really want to just stop with all this shit, but for some reason, I always feel I have to get the "whole story"!  Anyway, there is some sort of allegation that the shroud has to be much older than the carbon dating due to this "Prayer Codex" in which there is a drawing of jesus being laid to rest in the tomb, and then a subsequent drawing of the empty tomb.  On the latter drawing, there appears to be 4 circles in an "L" shape, which some people say matches the shroud burn holes-- or poker holes.  I looked at the drawings, and while I see the "L" circles, I also see other circles, so I am not sure how good this hypothesis is that the artist of the codex saw the shroud and then interpeted into his drawing.  The codex is supposedly dated to the 1100's or so, which is before the carbon-dating said the shroud age was.  Anyone else here about this?  I saw a few debunkers take some believers to task on this issue-- but other than that, there is not really much on this.  I did not even frind anything from Joe Nickell!!