Goodbye Jesus

Why I am not a christian

Thurisaz

Heya folks,

I wanted to do this for a long time, and today I began: I wrote up a quick collection of reasons why I'm not a jebus cultist anymore (and I've been polite in that text, considering what fundies would normally deserve). I plan to add to that simple little page in due time, but anyway... feel invited to take a quick read.

And fundies who read this... feel fry to try and challenge me.

As if I wouldn't know that you can't... :pureevil:

Oh, right:

http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus/nojebus

>edited to fix hotlink kL<

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spumoni

• thunderbolt

• Thurisaz

• Asuryan

Thurisaz before your time limit for Edit the post is over, you may want to edit the URL www, to www.

Anyway I add here:

www.carosa.de/nojebus/nojebus

Whoops. That's what happens if you post too hastily... :blink:

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Spumoni_*

What exactly are your reasons for not being a Christian? All you have done is post replies to simple opinions. could you be more specific?

What exactly are your reasons for not being a Christian? All you have done is post replies to simple opinions. could you be more specific?

What is your metaphysic? What do you view as evidential truth? How do you determine pursuasive evidence? This will good to know in trying to address your questions if you actually want someone to discuss them versus just submiting your own unqualified opinions.

Guest Guest_Spumoni_*

Sorry for the mutiple posts but the above post was a further addition to the previous. This forum is a little cumbersome.

This will good to know in trying to address your questions if you actually want someone to discuss them versus just submiting your own unqualified opinions.

Exactly how does one go about qualifying their opinion? :Hmm:

:Doh:

Hmmm! Fried fundies! Must be tasty! :HaHa:

This will good to know in trying to address your questions if you actually want someone to discuss them versus just submiting your own unqualified opinions.

Exactly how does one go about qualifying their opinion? :Hmm:

:Doh:

One qualifies their opinions by indicating what informs those positions. Blatantly stating things does not serve to produce conclusive evidence for a perspective.

Heya folks,

I wanted to do this for a long time, and today I began: I wrote up a quick collection of reasons why I'm not a jebus cultist anymore (and I've been polite in that text, considering what fundies would normally deserve). I plan to add to that simple little page in due time, but anyway... feel invited to take a quick read.

As if I wouldn't know that you can't... :pureevil:

Oh, right:

http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus/nojebus

>edited to fix hotlink kL<

Sehr Gut, Mein Freund.

Blatantly stating things does not serve to produce conclusive evidence for a perspective.
I see.

So, when someone says, "Jesus loves you.", that would be an example of an unqualified opinion then, correct? :scratch:

Blatantly stating things does not serve to produce conclusive evidence for a perspective.
I see.

So, when someone says, "Jesus loves you.", that would be an example of an unqualified opinion then, correct? :scratch:

Yes, especially if you are inquiring as to why you should believe in Him. While it may be a true statement, if you are wanting support for such a statement, then one would need some kind of qualifications accompanying it. Otherwise, it is as you say, an unqualified opinion.

I see.

Yes, especially if you are inquiring as to why you should believe in Him. While it may be a true statement, if you are wanting support for such a statement, then one would need some kind of qualifications accompanying it. Otherwise, it is as you say, an unqualified opinion.

Not that I was asking about believing in anything but, any reasons that anyone can give for why someone "should believe" in "H"im are, as you say, unqualified opinions.

There just isn't any way around it, is there? :scratch:

I see.

Not that I was asking about believing in anything but, any reasons that anyone can give for why someone "should believe" in "H"im are, as you say, unqualified opinions.

There just isn't any way around it, is there? :scratch:

That all depends on the person. If you're willing to engage the evidence and acknowledge its a possibility, then there is plenty of evidence to at least acknowledge he existed. If you can get there, then understanding why one should care is the next step as it relates to what He said about himself. Its up to the person whether they are open to anything other than their own perspective on the matter. Otherwise, theres not point. One could then ask why one would take the time to engage in debate on this forum in the first place.

One could then ask why one would take the time to engage in debate on this forum in the first place.
You haven't taken a look in the testimony section, have you?

There are plenty of reasons for engaging in debate and even more numerous qualified opinions for the invalidity of your paper religion within that section. Perhaps you should spend some time reading there.

Oops :)

Gotta correct that one... :unsure:

More specific? I've pretty much presented all the "reasons to believe" that were thrown at me before that I remembered when writing that little page, and I answered why I don't consider them to be valid reasons.

Of course I didn't list every possible argument there. There's simply too many fallacious, dishonest, or plain moronic nonsense out there used by rabid fundies as a "reason". Got some I didn't address? Give them to me then. Got none? Then how about refuting my reasons for non-belief?

Can't be that hard, can it?

Oops :)

Gotta correct that one... :unsure:

More specific? I've pretty much presented all the "reasons to believe" that were thrown at me before that I remembered when writing that little page, and I answered why I don't consider them to be valid reasons.

Of course I didn't list every possible argument there. There's simply too many fallacious, dishonest, or plain moronic nonsense out there used by rabid fundies as a "reason". Got some I didn't address? Give them to me then. Got none? Then how about refuting my reasons for non-belief?

Ok, I'm sorry if those are the only reasons you were given for believing in Christ. Those are rather pathetic reasons.

I will start with just the idea that Jesus actually existed? Do you believe that? That is definitely historically verifiable and I can give you some evidence if you see that as an issue? lets start there first.

Can't be that hard, can it?

That all depends on the person. If you're willing to engage the evidence and acknowledge its a possibility, then there is plenty of evidence to at least acknowledge he existed.

Would you open to the possibility that you could be wrong too about the whole christiantiy thing?

That all depends on the person. If you're willing to engage the evidence and acknowledge its a possibility, then there is plenty of evidence to at least acknowledge he existed.

Would you open to the possibility that you could be wrong too about the whole christiantiy thing?

Sure. I have to be open to that possibility. However, it seems to me that the evidence is overwhelming to the contrary.

Like what?

Sure. I have to be open to that possibility. However, it seems to me that the evidence is overwhelming to the contrary.

You HAVE to be open? Who is forcing you? Isn't that just Christianese for "I have all the answers, I don't need to be open?"

Overwhelming is such a forceful statement, so I too would like to know what overwhelming evidence you have that has escaped the rest of us. Very curious.

:Hmm:

You HAVE to be open? Who is forcing you? Isn't that just Christianese for "I have all the answers, I don't need to be open?"

Overwhelming is such a forceful statement, so I too would like to know what overwhelming evidence you have that has escaped the rest of us. Very curious.

I'm waiting on the author of the thread to respond before beginning because it will determine where I begin the conversation. It seems to me that folks on this forum aren't too generous when it comes to regular dialogue. Can't you accept my honest answers or do you have to constantly probe for some anti-Christian issue? Really, its kind of silly. Anyone who holds to his beliefs must be open to the possibility that they are wrong or they are doomed to closemindedness and dogmatic behavior.

I'm waiting on the author of the thread to respond before beginning because it will determine where I begin the conversation. It seems to me that folks on this forum aren't too generous when it comes to regular dialogue. Can't you accept my honest answers or do you have to constantly probe for some anti-Christian issue? Really, its kind of silly. Anyone who holds to his beliefs must be open to the possibility that they are wrong or they are doomed to closemindedness and dogmatic behavior. Are you open to the possibility of being wrong?

I'm waiting on the author of the thread to respond before beginning because it will determine where I begin the conversation. It seems to me that folks on this forum aren't too generous when it comes to regular dialogue. Can't you accept my honest answers or do you have to constantly probe for some anti-Christian issue? Really, its kind of silly. Anyone who holds to his beliefs must be open to the possibility that they are wrong or they are doomed to closemindedness and dogmatic behavior.

You just hit the nail on the head. Most christians are not really open to the possibility that they could be wrong....and thus the closemindedness and dogmatic behavior.

Now I'm not nessarally saying that YOU are are like that, but we have seen far to many dogmatic fundamentalist christians come through this site, all of them with the same auguments, and all of them dreadfully sure they are brilliant and that obviously thier arguments are something new.

People around here tend to be skeptical of Christians when they come here because of past experiences. There are some christians who come here and are respectful and thus are also respected by us, but you have to understand. When you come to a forum for people who left christianity, you are not gonna just fit right in :grin:

Oh and by all means, if you have evidence for the christian god that we have somehow overlooked present it to us

I'm waiting on the author of the thread to respond before beginning because it will determine where I begin the conversation. It seems to me that folks on this forum aren't too generous when it comes to regular dialogue.

Seriously now, you don't have to wait for the author of the thread - start anywhere with your "evidence" - absolutely anywhere.

Can't you accept my honest answers or do you have to constantly probe for some anti-Christian issue? Really, its kind of silly. Anyone who holds to his beliefs must be open to the possibility that they are wrong or they are doomed to closemindedness and dogmatic behavior.

Uhm, YOU were the one who asserted a pro-Christ position and made the claim that you have “overwhelming evidence” to support that position. So, can't you accept the honest questions in the light of such a claim? If you cannot substantiate your claims, then don't make them - or at least, stop avoiding the question by creating a storm in a teacup about an anti-Christian position. It's called stalling.

I have proof that god doesn't exist.

Or if he exists, he hates quoting. :grin:

Dude, you are the quoting god! :grin::grin: