Goodbye Jesus

Theistic Satanism / The Left Hand Path

Enlightener

One good way of deprogramming oneself (from the Judeo-Christian paradigm) is to, of course, research Christianity from all its angles (not just from Christian sources) AND practise an opposite faith.

Theistic Satanism is one of them (and, alas, the most feared one). It questions everything, dissect everything and puts one in sync with the Universe's Dark Lord named Satan... I was raised a Christian (Roman Catholic) but was always exposed to Voodoo and other faiths. I discovered Buddhism in late 2004. I also got into occult studies and practise around the same time.

I then slowly entered into Satanism in 2007. I chose Theistic Satanism 'cause I really DO see Satan as a real (and benevolent) Entity, not just a symbol as Atheistic Satanists do. But it's only in early 2011 or so that I completely severed all ties with Christianity, as odd as it may seem. It took me a long time to deprogram myself and Theistic Satanism helped achieve that.

In Theistic Satanism, you are invited to perform renunciation rites, even blasphemy rites and are given a platform to truly express your true desires. LGBTs are totally welcome and, as you may guess, homosexuality is NOT a sin in Theistic Satanism or any other form of Satanism (and Luciferianism, Setianism etc.) for that matter...

Those involved in occult studies and the Left Hand Path might know that some Spirits actually approve of homosexuality and even assist LGBTs; Spirits such as Asmodeus, Sitri, Pan, Bacchus (Dionysus), Erzulie Freda Dahomey, Erzulie Dantor, Baron Samedi, Baron Lundy, Baron Limba, Ayyappan, Rāgarāja and even more!

In all branches of the occult, you're invited and encouraged to develop & fortify your occult, psychic powers (third eye, chakras, aura, yoga etc.) and truly develop yourself, something you can't really do in many branches of Christianity.

Here are some good links to start practicing Theistic Satanism:

http://theisticsatanism.com/invocation.html

http://theisticsatanism.com/rituals/new/init-rite.html

http://theisticsatanism.com/geifodd/exorcism.html

http://theisticsatanism.com/geifodd/sitemap.html

Those of us who declare atheism don't believe in ANY gods, spooks, or spirits. I think you're going to find us generally a tough sell.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Agreed, Par.  Although he might nab a lurker or two.

Interesting presentation, Enlightener. But since Satan is basically just another feature and invention of Judeo-Christian religion, I agree you've got a tough sell ahead.

• Like 2

...But it's only in early 2011 or so that I completely severed all ties with Christianity...

You have not severed all ties with Christianity until you leave behind all the myths and characters that were created by and for it.  Satan, though the character existed in Judaism, is mostly an invention of christianity, with stolen ideas from the Persians.

http://www.amazon.com/A-History-Devil-Gerald-Messadié/dp/156836198X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387982629&sr=8-1&keywords=a+history+of+the+devil

• Super Moderator

Good luck selling that branch of (anti) Christianity around here. 

Perhaps you can provide evidence that this invention of Abrahamic religion, Satan, actually exists. Then we can talk. Until that time, you are simply making an extraordinary claim with no reason to seriously address it.

As previous posters have written, you are not likely to get a sympathetic response on this site. Satan is a part of the Christian mythology and is most likely not going to be received uncritically.

Satan pre-dates Christianity. Yes, Satan is mentioned in the Bible but Satan really does pre-date the whole Abrahamic paradigm.

"That's right, folks. The Biblical Devil is not an angel or a satyr, but a DRAGON. And the writers of the Bible were not the first ones in history to talk about a "great dragon," either.

The idea of a great serpent of darkness who lives in or encircles the Earth and wages war against the heavens, goes back to ancient Persia, Egypt, and even Sumer. In Persia, the Zoroastrians named Him Ahriman, and they blamed Him for all pestilence and pain in the world. In Egypt, the dragon was called Apophis, and He was believed to swallow the sun god each night. The Sumerians called Her Tiamat, and believed that the entire physical world - including their own flesh - had been fashioned from Her being.

In all times and places, this chthonic snake deity has always been used as a scapegoat by the conventional religions of the time. The farther back we look, the more we find that the Devil was originally just a personification of night, chaos, and the flesh.

It's easy to see why the ancients would have been afraid of the night. They didn't have artificial light like we have today, and it's always scary when you can't see. It's also easy to see why they would have been afraid of chaos, because even the slightest bit of disorder could have wrought the death of an entire tribe. But why were they afraid of the flesh?

Modern psychology has brought us a long way. Nowadays, everybody has heard of that thing we call "the unconscious." That is to say, most people understand today that the conscious self is merely the tip of the iceberg that is you. And the conscious self often cannot see all of what lies hidden underneath itself. The unconscious is where the flesh meets the spirit, and the lusts of the flesh rise up and move us as unconscious urges.

Deep in the darkest regions of our souls, we humans are ultimately nothing more than just another kind of animal. We are very formidable and intelligent animals, but we are still animals. We all experience animal urges, and sometimes they can seem frightening and disturbing to us. So many people try to repress and ignore these urges. But this only makes them all the more frightening.

The Dragon of the underworld frightened the people of ancient times because She not only represented the external forces of darkness and chaos, but their internal counterparts as well. Such is why She became their scapegoat, their "Deity of Evil," which has come down to us today as the Christian and Islamic Satan. The Devil is the great Beast, a titanic force of animal power and lust that pridefully rebels against the forces of order and civilization. And He does not do this in spite of humans; He does it through us."

http://theisticsatanism.com/geifodd/diabolatry.html

Much, if not most, of Judeo-Christian mythology was borrowed from other sources. Yahweh was a volcano/warrior god. Most of the characteristics of Jesus were also borrowed from other mythologies. Of course Satan is also partly drawn from other traditions. That's how religion spreads and changes.

Now, please offer evidence that Satan or any other deity is real. Simply saying any supercritter comes from ancient tradition demonstrates nothing except that ancient people had gods, demigods, demiurges, spirits, angels, etc. and heavily swapped them with each other.

• Like 3

Satan predates Christianity? 

So what?  The Big Bang predates everything

Please enlighten yourself, Enlightener.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Thanks,

BAA

• Like 1

My point is, Satan is not purely a Judeo-Christian invention. I was asked a question and I answered it. Satan is linked to many Gods such as Rudra/Shiva, Set, Tiamat, all of which predate the Abrahamic religions many follow and practice today.

The Big Bang is a theory just like the Kybalion (Hermetics), all of which may be true to varying degrees. http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/kybalion.pdf

As for PROOF that Satan is real... One needs to develop a relationship with Him and study, research not only Satanism but anything and everything occult, develop one's astral senses, one's psychic vision (third eye), clairaudience, evocation skills etc. Only then will you be able to experience such validation.

Also, the point of this thread is not so much to debate whether or not Satan or any other entity is real but to present a lesser known, very feared and misunderstood philosophy and form of spirituality that is actually very appropriate for one that desires to deprogram oneself from Christianity.

• Super Moderator

As for PROOF that Satan is real... One needs to develop a relationship with Him and study, research not only Satanism but anything and everything occult, develop one's astral senses, one's psychic vision (third eye), clairaudience, evocation skills etc. Only then will you be able to experience such validation.

Oh, kind of like proving jesus by getting to know him, studying, researching the bible and all things christian, developing one's spiritual sense, one's prophetic vision, emotion skills, etc.  Only then will you be able to experience such validation.

Sorry, pal.  A pile of shit by any other name still smells the same to me.

Is Ashton Kutcher going to jump out and yell "you got punked"?

• Super Moderator

Is this belief substantially any different than other protected beliefs on this forum? Does it need proof while other unfounded beliefs must remain unchallenged?

Just thinking out loud....

Also, the point of this thread is not so much to debate whether or not Satan or any other entity is real but to present a lesser known, very feared and misunderstood philosophy and form of spirituality that is actually very appropriate for one that desires to deprogram oneself from Christianity.

You do not need to embrace one myth to rid yourself of another, in fact it is often counter productive.  Its like taking up cocaine to rid yourself of a meth addiction.  You still end up living in a fantasy world of fairies and demons.

Deep in the darkest regions of our souls, we humans are ultimately nothing more than just another kind of animal. We are very formidable and intelligent animals, but we are still animals. We all experience animal urges, and sometimes they can seem frightening and disturbing to us. So many people try to repress and ignore these urges. But this only makes them all the more frightening.

Exactly.  And this is why we are in no more need of any sort of deity than a chimp, whale, cow or pigeon.  I'm sorry, but most of us have thrown off all belief in the supernatural and we can not just flip a switch and cause ourselves to believe in something that we have determined to be myth.  You may feel that you are trying to help us, but your words are going to fall on (mostly) deaf ears.

• Like 1

Ex-Christians in search of a new form of spirituality might benefit from Theistic Satanism just like they might benefit from other faiths as well. Theistic Satanism is one of the paradigms I find resonates with me. It might not appeal to some of you but it might appeal to others. I'll use this thread (posted in the right section of the forum) to discuss Theistic Satanism related topics.

Here is one good YouTube channel for those interested in this path:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VenusSatanas

And as I said earlier, I cannot provide "proof" just like that... As mentioned in the rules, this section of the forum is more for Theists, Deists OR those involved or interested in others forms of spirituality rather than pure debate. Since I'm also involved in other paradigms, I'll also post about those.

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=30

Its remotely possible this sort of thing could appeal to an ex-christian as a means of deconversion or a stage along the way.  You may state your beliefs here in this section of the forum.  But if it begins to sound like preaching I will feel free to move this thread.

Is this belief substantially any different than other protected beliefs on this forum? Does it need proof while other unfounded beliefs must remain unchallenged?

Just thinking out loud....

I was thinking that the only way its different is that the figure of "Satan" is involved, which in most people's minds is associated with Christianity. Its a bit more provocative that way than Buddhism, New Age or some other form of paganism.

Even though it is admittedly provocative, I would ask posters on this thread to be mindful of the rules of this section of the forum and refrain from harsh criticism. 

My point is, Satan is not purely a Judeo-Christian invention. I was asked a question and I answered it. Satan is linked to many Gods such as Rudra/Shiva, Set, Tiamat, all of which predate the Abrahamic religions many follow and practice today.

The Big Bang is a theory just like the Kybalion (Hermetics), all of which may be true to varying degrees. http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/kybalion.pdf

True to varying degrees?

Recently I showed this link... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMB ...to a YEC Christian in the Lion's Den and asked him to look at this diagram... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cmbr.svg ...in the 'Features' section. 

The accompanying explanation says it all...

"Graph of cosmic microwave background spectrum measured by the FIRAS instrument on the COBE, the most-precisely measured black body spectrum in nature,[9] the error bars are too small to be seen even in enlarged image, and it is impossible to distinguish the observed data from the theoretical curve"

How can something be 'true to various degrees' when the Big Bang predictions perfectly match the observed data?

Care to leave this section and take up the challenges I put to him in the Den, Enlightener?

We already know that the 'satan' figure predates judaism… or some such negative figure, from Set to Ahriman, Enlil turning on his brother Ea… whatever.

Shamanism predates even that. Goddess/fertility worship too.

However, theistic satanism is based on the christian idea of satan… and wouldn't exist without it. I reject dualism as a spiritual concept anyway… but thanks for sharing!  :)

Why would you deliberately choose to worship the backstabber and swindler? That's something I'm not able to comprehend.

Oh I could see a way to spin it so Satan is kind of a good guy.  The Bible makes God out to be Kim Jong Un.  That leaves a lot of room. 

• Like 1

In Theistic Satanism, Satan is not "evil" at all. Yahweh (the Judeo-Christian god) is seen as the tyrant instead. Some words by Diane Vera:

"For whatever reason, the Jewish/Christian/Islamic "God" seems extraordinarily hungry for human attention, promising eternal life to his followere (a conveniently unveriable promise) and threatening eternal punishment to those who reject him. Perhaps Yahweh is a vampiric entity who feeds on human energy -- including the energy of different groups of his followers spilling blood over their differences, Or perhaps he's just a power-hungry tyrant.

The more aggressive religions of Yahweh, hardcore Christianity and hardcore Islam, face an enemy they call "Satan." The entity whom Christians call Satan, seen as a powerful enemy of the Christian "God," appears not to be the same entity as "ha-satan" of the Book of Job.

In the Old Testament, "ha-satan" is not a proper name, but a common noun phrase meaning "the enemy," and is used to refer to all sorts of enemies, including human ones, and even Yahweh himself on at least one occasion. In the Book of Job, "ha-satan" is the heavenly prosecuting attorney, adversary of humans in the court of Yahweh. As such, he is not an enemy of Yahweh, but a servant of Yahweh. In the book of Job, there is not even a hint of enmity between Yahweh and "ha-satan," who tortures Job not merely with Yahweh's permission, but at Yahweh's prompting.

On the other hand, the New Testament "Satan" (proper name) is clearly an enemy of Yahweh, and a very powerful enemy. The New Testament speaks of Satan as "God of this world" or "God of this era" (2 Corinthians 4:4), "Prince of this world" (e.g. John 14:30), "Prince of the power of the air" (Ephesians 2:2), and as a being with enough power that he could, with even the slightest hope of being convincing, "tempt" Jesus by offering him power in exchange for worship (Matthew 4:9). And Christians traditionally lump together "the Devil, the world, and the flesh."

All of this suggests that Satan is a very powerful entity indeed. Christian theology, of course, regards its "God" as by far the more powerful of the two entities. However, in both the New Testament and the actual attitudes and behavior of hardcore Christians, there are strong hints that the two are much closer to evenly matched than their theology officially admits."

"What exactly does Satan do that is so "Evil" from a Christian point of view? Mainly, prodding people to question the Christian God, and sometimes leading large numbers of people away. Hardcore Christians define "Evil" as rebellion against their God. But the Enlightenment-era breaking of the Christian monopoly has been, historically, a good thing in terms of human freedom, material well-being, and progress. (Many of the American founding fathers, for example, were Deists, not Christians.)

Satan relates to humans in a way very different from how the Christian "God" does. The Christian "God" seeks vast hordes of human worshippers. Satan seems to want some human worshippers, but not very many. For the most part, Satan makes trouble for Yahweh on the human plane not by competing for worshppers, but simply by inspiring people to think for themselves. Satan champions, among other things, independent thought, creativity, and human empowerment (in Christian terms, our "Evil" desire to "become as gods"), e.g. via science and technology."

http://theisticsatanism.com/Muse/summary.html

As you can see, there is nothing intrinsically "evil" about Satan... Just being your own God and calling the shots in terms of your life, who you love, your body, your sex drive, your artistic vision and expression IS seen as evil by Yahweh and today's biggest religions. This is why sooo many people still say "it's a sin" to love who you love, live the way you want and be truly fulfilled and happy,

In order to be "good" in today's biggest faiths, you need to be a sheep, bow down to authority and even repress all of your own urges and desires or you're "damned to Hell" and won't "inherit the Kingdom of God"...

HenryCD, have you heard of all the recent atrocities perpretrated in the name of God (whether Yahweh, Jesus or Allah) in many countries?

Honor killing of women (femicide):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour_killing_of_Aqsa_Parvez

LGBT stuff:
Here is a photo of an alleged gay man burned to death in Uganda where homosexuality is now punished by life in prison:
EXTREMELY GRAPHIC: http://oi44.tinypic.com/2m32vsh.jpg

GRAPHIC PICTURES (Russian authorities have decided not to make any arrests nor press any charges. Only one of those assassins, Maxim ‘Tesak’ Martsinkevich, is being looked for by the authorities. They viewed the pictures but insist no harm was perpetrated. The young martyr succumbed to his injuries.):
http://www.thegailygrind.com/2013/08/06/gay-teenager-kidnapped-and-tortured-by-russian-neo-nazi-group-is-believed-to-have-died-from-his-injuries-video/

A prominent gay rights activist got tortured and murdered in Cameroon
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/prominent-gay-rights-activist-is-found-dead-in-cameroon/?_r=0

A cross-dressing Jamaican teen got stabbed to death by Jamaican mob...
http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/07/cross-dressing-gay-teen-hacked-stabbed-to-death-by-jamaican-mob/

Reading up about these crimes (there are many more, believe me) authors often point out that perpretators did so in the name of their god (always Yahweh, Jesus or Allah), not in the name of Satan. Who is more evil? A god that restricts people's lives so much OR Satan, a Liberator who sets people free? I hope this answers your question.

Some more words by Diane Vera:

"Then lower your arms, relax, and visualize yourself sinking down into the ground, enveloped and permeated by a dark flame emanating from the center of the Earth. Visualize Lilith as a proud, tall, sexily feminine yet somewhat muscular woman in a cave, presiding over an army of Her demon children, preparing to do battle with the more fanatical followers of Jehovah. Looking down to the cave and into the dark flame, say:

Hail, Lilith!
Bringer of pride and forbidden pleasures!
Destroyer of the traditions of tyrants!"

http://theisticsatanism.com/rituals/standard/call5gods.html

As you can see, Satanism is all about being free, responsibility and one's own God. For all those of you that are Atheists, please note that most Satanists are Atheistic. Atheistic Satanism aka LaVeyan Satanism is the most popular branch of Satanism. You do NOT need to be a Theist in order to be a Satanist. I made a thread on Theistic Satanism since it's my calling and what I've been practicing for 6 years now (while slowly getting out of Christianity) but yeah... Most Satanists are Atheists. Here are some Atheistic Satanism resources:

http://www.youtube.com/user/satanicinternational/videos

http://www.satanicinternationalnetwork.com/

http://www.churchofsatan.com/