Goodbye Jesus

Challenge: Summarize The Nonsense Of Christianity In One Sentence.

AJG

Some god killed himself and brought himself back to life to save us from the programming to sin he forced us to be born with.

How did I do?

• Like 1

God, who is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, decides to punish two people in a garden for doing what he programmed them to do, and knew would happen in the first place; then can't figure out how to fix it except by killing another version of himself that was somehow human and also himself.

This is an awesome thread and I really feel like a dumbass for believing this nonsense for so long.

This is an awesome thread and I really feel like a dumbass for believing this nonsense for so long.

Agreed on both counts.

^^^ also...

God: "Do as I say, not as I do."

• Like 1

Here's a classic:

The Christian God is a father who makes much of his apples and very little of his children. -Denis Diderot

"An ancient book of myths (many of them quite brutal in nature) written by superstitious primitive humans, whose texts have largely been disproved by science as well as being historically inaccurate, is still believed by many modern-day people to be literally true in whole or in part, despite the fact that the texts contradict themselves, condemn the majority of humans who were ever born to eternal torment, and also claim that the God that condemns those people (as well as commanding the genocides of many others) is love."

I don't think love means what they think it means. 

Being all by himself, God created men in the image of himself, but we became separated from himself, so God impregnated a teenage girl with himself so that he could sacrifice himself to himself so that we can be saved from himself, but also become more like himself, replace ourselves with himself, spend an eternity as himself, with himself, and with his self-son, and all to bring glory to himself.

tumblr_mc077wZf2J1qb9mqz.gif

total mind fuck

Here's a little game.  Try to state in one sentence why Christianity makes no sense whatsoever.

See my signature.

• Like 2