Goodbye Jesus

Joefizz/Joseph

Joefizz

Hello I'm Joefizz,it's a rare nickname given to me by a kid cousin who simply couldn't pronounce my first name "Joseph" calling me "Joefizz" it was so cute and catchy that I've liked it the best ever since,also it's funny in a way because people can't resist asking everytime I use it for a website username,"is that inspired by a soft drink"?,so it's a bit of an icebreaker too,which is ok with me because hey what's wrong with laughing?

like many other sites I've joined I came here out of "curiosity",after all this site sounds like a "break up" such sites are always"fascinating" to me,like "facebook" assuming a person has a face it is "interesting" yet many times "boring" and "Twitter" is slightly more "interesting" than facebook in that you can only type in so many words and punctuations,yet no bird stuff really a bit of a let down lol,anyways I would tell you more about me but hey that's why we "communicate" asking "questions" so depending on what "questions" you ask I may give you an answer or I might not,and ofcourse depending on if you ask me "privately" through pm messages or "commonly" through a post or through chat well that's all for now,and eat more chicken...maybe hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha!(Chick fil a is so expensive though maybe hardees is a better choice!)

Welcome to the Ex-C forum.  I suspect at least some of your curiosity will be addressed if you read though some threads here and there.  I do not have any questions for you at the present time.

35 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Welcome to the Ex-C forum.  I suspect at least some of your curiosity will be addressed if you read though some threads here and there.  I do not have any questions for you at the present time.

Thank you for the welcome.

Hi Joefizz.  You didn't give much away in your introduction, but your profile identifies you as a believer. So, are you a committed Christian here to witness to us? Or are you thinking you are on your way to becoming an ex-Christian?

1 hour ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

Hi Joefizz.  You didn't give much away in your introduction, but your profile identifies you as a believer. So, are you a committed Christian here to witness to us? Or are you thinking you are on your way to becoming an ex-Christian?

good question,I'll leave that up for determination.

1 hour ago, Joefizz said:

What is this, a game of Twenty Questions?  

24 minutes ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

What is this, a game of Twenty Questions?  

Monopoly is a fun game,yet a bit time consuming.

4 hours ago, Joefizz said:

Hi, Joe. Glad to have you here.

45 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Hi, Joe. Glad to have you here.

thanks I'm glad to be here!

Welcome to Ex-C, Joefizz!

That is a great name.

I'm saving my questions for any future discussions we might have, but I hope you'll find it as interesting here as we do!

7 hours ago, Rounin said:

Welcome to Ex-C, Joefizz!

That is a great name.

I'm saving my questions for any future discussions we might have, but I hope you'll find it as interesting here as we do!

Thanks for the welcome,it has been "interesting" here,I'm sure we will discuss at some point though I stay logged in to multiple chat forums,so if you ask me a question or during a conversation I don't respond it's simply because I'm discussing on another chat site,altogether I stay logged into now so far including this site 8 forum chat sites along with facebook.

On 8/17/2017 at 5:47 PM, ThereAndBackAgain said:

Well now that I'm more "Settled in",I updated my profile so if you desire to find out "Why" I'm here simply "Read" my profile and determine for yourself "Why" I'm here.

• Super Moderator
10 hours ago, Joefizz said:

Well now that I'm more "Settled in",I updated my profile so if you desire to find out "Why" I'm here simply "Read" my profile and determine for yourself "Why" I'm here.

To save interested parties the trouble, I have posted Joefizz's answer as to why he is here.  The underlined and bolded part is mine.   

@Joefizz, be sure to keep your proselytizing comments, bible verses, and similar underlined/bolded types of comments confined to the Lion's Den.   Ex-C is a forum for recovering/deconverting/ex christians, and while you may post here,  your stated reason for being here is contrary to this website's purpose.    We have heard ALL of the arguments before and have rejected them.   Consider this a friendly warning. Thank you.

From Joefizz's profile page on 8/28/2017 @ 930 a.m.:

"I am 24,I recently about 4 to 5 years ago gave my life to God and accepted Jesus as saviour,received the holy spirit and have been baptized in the name of the father,the son,and the holy ghost/spirit,I am logged in to multiple Christian Chat sites,(8) and other sites like this one,to give an opportunity for one to learn of Salvation and Baptism,"If anyone wants to learn that is"I am not about to force anyone to get saved or baptized because Biblically and Morally that is "Wrong",each person has there own "Individual"  beliefs I'm not throwing away the idea of anyone being converted to being for God,but I am not going to force feed any religious beliefs on anyone,sure I may quote scripture or debate,but that's part of my "Job" as a devout follower of God,to stand firm for God and answer questions about his word when someone "Asks" about what something within it "means" or if someone "Asks" what is right concerning a modern day subject,I may quote scripture then but don't mistake that for me forcing God's word or religion on anyone it's just simply what I "Have" to do for God,nothing more."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, buffettphan said:

To save interested parties the trouble, I have posted Joefizz's answer as to why he is here.  The underlined and bolded part is mine.   

@Joefizz, be sure to keep your proselytizing comments, bible verses, and similar underlined/bolded types of comments confined to the Lion's Den.   Ex-C is a forum for recovering/deconverting/ex christians, and while you may post here,  your stated reason for being here is contrary to this website's purpose.    We have heard ALL of the arguments before and have rejected them.   Consider this a friendly warning. Thank you.

"I am 24,I recently about 4 to 5 years ago gave my life to God and accepted Jesus as saviour,received the holy spirit and have been baptized in the name of the father,the son,and the holy ghost/spirit,I am logged in to multiple Christian Chat sites,(8) and other sites like this one,to give an opportunity for one to learn of Salvation and Baptism,"If anyone wants to learn that is"I am not about to force anyone to get saved or baptized because Biblically and Morally that is "Wrong",each person has there own "Individual"  beliefs I'm not throwing away the idea of anyone being converted to being for God,but I am not going to force feed any religious beliefs on anyone,sure I may quote scripture or debate,but that's part of my "Job" as a devout follower of God,to stand firm for God and answer questions about his word when someone "Asks" about what something within it "means" or if someone "Asks" what is right concerning a modern day subject,I may quote scripture then but don't mistake that for me forcing God's word or religion on anyone it's just simply what I "Have" to do for God,nothing more."

Thank you for the post to answer people,that was rather generous and thanks for the advice as well,Lion's den hmmm whether that's derived from the bible or WWE/UFC,it sounds interesting.

26 minutes ago, Joefizz said:

Thank you for the post to answer people,that was rather generous and thanks for the advice as well,Lion's den hmmm whether that's derived from the bible or WWE/UFC,it sounds interesting.

*sigh*

Welcome, @Joefizz, but I think I speak for just about everyone here when I say that our questions for you do not stem from interest in being "saved," they are often aimed at getting you to think and research for yourself. We've already been down the "salvation" path and no longer find it grounded in reality. Unlike some non-christian sites, this site is made up of people who KNOW YOUR FAITH. Many of us know it better than you. So to quote your scripture at you: 

Hebrews 6:4-6

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

We cannot be "brought back" to your lunatic faith now that we see the truth. We're done. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Joefizz said:

To preach. Got it.

6 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

*sigh*

Welcome, @Joefizz, but I think I speak for just about everyone here when I say that our questions for you do not stem from interest in being "saved," they are often aimed at getting you to think and research for yourself. We've already been down the "salvation" path and no longer find it grounded in reality. Unlike some non-christian sites, this site is made up of people who KNOW YOUR FAITH. Many of us know it better than you. So to quote your scripture at you: 

Hebrews 6:4-6

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

We cannot be "brought back" to your lunatic faith now that we see the truth. We're done. 

I understand and respect your position though it doesn't discourage me even a little,I know I'm seemingly like a person standing out in a crowd because I don't do things like "curse/cuss" but no big deal to me I've always been stubborn and hard headed and glad for it lol!

6 minutes ago, midniterider said:

To preach. Got it.

That's not accurate,as buffetphan pointed out,I'm more of here,to see how you all are doing and if anyone has questions about Christianity,the bible,or other such subjects,then I'm simply here,I'm not a preacher and certainly not a force feeding Catholic or other such religious person,I'm more of a polite,weirdo you might say,seriously if some Christians knew I was here they'd probably tell me I'm crazy,but hey aren't we all somewhat crazy to a degree lol!?

So why do you believe, Joefizz?

5 minutes ago, yunea said:

So why do you believe, Joefizz?

I would answer in this thread but it requires mentioning things of belief,so I'll make a thread in the Lion's den to discuss this,give me a minute to think up a title.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, buffettphan said:

We've been Christians before so we already know about salvation and baptism. I was a Pentecostal for 10 years, took the family to church every Sunday, went to Promise Keepers and other retreats, taught Sunday school classes, prayed to Jesus , sang in the choir, tithed. I worshiped the Lord in my heart, read the bible, tried to sell Jesus to co-workers. After a while I got tired of the fear, the shame and the guilt associated with the mind policing (thought police) of Christianity and gave it up.

Then I came to this site and began to read up and consider much of the ignorant and illogical baloney the bible contains and which I use to say, "Praise Jesus" about. When you are able to stop being afraid of your imaginary friend (aka Jesus) it is quite easy to see that Christianity is founded on absurdity.

Christianity is a systemic part of someone who is born and raised a Christian and so it's  harder for these people to escape religion. But if you were a non-believer from 0 to 19 it may be much easier to escape the Jesus mind prison. Christianity is a self-preserving self-reinforcing deal, which is why the bible suggests you worship with other people. Your faith will fall apart if you don't hang out with other Christians. Mine did. There is no Jesus to hold it together.

It really is a mind prison. Every Christian comes to this site and says the same shit and quotes scripture. Christianity teaches good people to be a robot worshiping Jesus and turn off their creativity.

(Oh, sorry, I thought this was the Lion's Den....if my post is inappropriate, mods please move it, delete, spin, fold, mutilate)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, midniterider said:

We've been Christians before so we already know about salvation and baptism. I was a Pentecostal for 10 years, took the family to church every Sunday, went to Promise Keepers and other retreats, taught Sunday school classes, prayed to Jesus , sang in the choir, tithed. I worshiped the Lord in my heart, read the bible, tried to sell Jesus to co-workers. After a while I got tired of the fear, the shame and the guilt associated with the mind policing (thought police) of Christianity and gave it up.

Then I came to this site and began to read up and consider much of the ignorant and illogical baloney the bible contains and which I use to say, "Praise Jesus" about. When you are able to stop being afraid of your imaginary friend (aka Jesus) it is quite easy to see that Christianity is founded on absurdity.

Christianity is a systemic part of someone who is born and raised a Christian and so it's  harder for these people to escape religion. But if you were a non-believer from 0 to 19 it may be much easier to escape the Jesus mind prison. Christianity is a self-preserving self-reinforcing deal, which is why the bible suggests you worship with other people. Your faith will fall apart if you don't hang out with other Christians. Mine did. There is no Jesus to hold it together.

It really is a mind prison. Every Christian comes to this site and says the same shit and quotes scripture. Christianity teaches good people to be a robot worshiping Jesus and turn off their creativity.

I appreciate your honesty and share about your past in religion,so you say "Every Christian" comes here speaking on the same stuff,well I'm not like many Christians in fact I particularly didn't like the "Label" of being called a Christian,it sounds like some kind of classification of person and since as I said I serve God,the whole Christian title is merely for classification in my case,I would probably prefer,being called,servant of God as opposed to Christian,after all according to the Christian faith Jews have a place with God as well as others,so why the need for a "Labeling" name?

I've asked before and people say because Christians are followers of Jesus,so we're called Christians,whatever,a bit prideful to me,but I'll live with it lol!

26 minutes ago, Joefizz said:

I appreciate your honesty and share about your past in religion,so you say "Every Christian" comes here speaking on the same stuff,well I'm not like many Christians in fact I particularly didn't like the "Label" of being called a Christian,it sounds like some kind of classification of person and since as I said I serve God,the whole Christian title is merely for classification in my case,I would probably prefer,being called,servant of God as opposed to Christian,after all according to the Christian faith Jews have a place with God as well as others,so why the need for a "Labeling" name?

I've asked before and people say because Christians are followers of Jesus,so we're called Christians,whatever,a bit prideful to me,but I'll live with it lol!

You realize every Christian on this site says this same shit? "Child of God," "Christ Follower," "It's not a religion, it's a personal relationship with Jesus" ....Back in the day, my personal favorite was "Daughter of the Almighty" although I did a healthy dose of "it's about a relationship with Jesus" too.....Just admit it, dude, you don't want to go to hell. xD

• Like 2

Joe,

Well, I do understand that everyone is different and an individual. But worshipers of Jesus on this website tend to post scripture and also common church doctrine that I used to hear in church. I'm not here to shut you down even though it may sound like I am. Debate can be fun. You try to convert me and I'll try to deconvert you. It'll be great fun even though neither one of us will be successful.

17 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

You realize every Christian on this site says this same shit? "Child of God," "Christ Follower," "It's not a religion, it's a personal relationship with Jesus" ....Back in the day, my personal favorite was "Daughter of the Almighty" although I did a healthy dose of "it's about a relationship with Jesus" too.....Just admit it, dude, you don't want to go to hell. xD

What's that other one, "I'm not a Christian...I just believe in Jesus".....

Christians spew bible baloney

"Believers in Jesus" spew the same bible baloney

Tomato, tomawtoe. :)

It's like an Amway distributor calling himself a Quixtar distributor.

• Like 1