Goodbye Jesus

I'm Still Alive....and a STILL Deconvert

ag_NO_stic

Ow!  Praise the Lord EMS personnel and doctors and nurses and lab techs.

Oh, for the day that all the people bleating "Miracle!" could just open their wallets instead of their mouths, and pay cold hard cash to offset some of their imaginary friend's alleged mischief.

Wishing you a fast and uneventful recovery, ag_NO_stic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad you made it.  Doctors are good.  I hope you have a speedy recovery.  That injury sounds like absolute pain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know I speak for many here when I say we're glad that you survived such a terrible accident. I hope you have medical insurance to help with your bills. And we're all hoping for you to have a complete recovery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

It's a miracle! 😈

Glad to still have you here.

2 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm okay, still kicking, and more determined to see the reality of life as it is than ever before. I can't believe I ever fell for that shit.

Pastafari, every living, ever true, ever mighty! Praise Pah! 

Glad to hear that you're safe. Having lost two members to disease and accident recently has been sad. 

Hey Ag. So glad you are ok. Thanks for letting us know. Pop into chat... we miss you 😊

Good to see you Ag, sorry to hear about your injury. I hope you recover fully. 

Looks like he touched you with his noodly appendages! Glad to hear that you are ok and alive. Here's to a speedy and thorough recovery!   :beer:

• Like 1

Aww, I'm sorry to hear this Ag! here's hoping for a speedy recovery. That's a lot to get through, it's just too bad that the fairy man up there couldn't spare it all to begin with 😉 ((Hugs)), you are missed by your friends in chat. 

@ag_NO_stic, I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but very glad you're okay. You have been missed around here. Get better soon, and come hang out whenever you can!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

So sorry about the accident, but it's great to hear that you are on the mend!  If God had his hand in the event, it was a Major Fail.  He should've picked your car up out of harm's way and set you down somewhere safely.   Gee, I wonder why that didn't happen!?!   :lmao:       Take care!

• Like 1

Hey Ag, as a Pastafarian, were you wearing your colander at the time?  You said you didn't see Jesus, but did you see the FSM?

Seriously, I echo all the above re. a strong recovery. Concussions are tough injuries and the vision thing is scary. I hope you get back to normal soon.

And if you've been given exercises to do, don't skip. Do what they tell you.

Glad you are still around you sassy heathen :)

• Like 1

Wow. Sorry about the accident, but it's great to hear you're ok. 

• Like 1

Damn, girl! I'm so sorry about the injury and added insult! SO glad you're still sane and okay! :jesus:

• Like 1

Glad you're doing ok! Take care!

• Like 1

Whenever you feel a seat belt around you remember that's just the FSM hugging you with his noodly appendage.

mwc

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mwc said:

Whenever you feel a seat belt around you remember that's just the FSM hugging you with his noodly appendage.

mwc

This man speaks the truth.

• Like 1

Glad you're relatively OK, and thanks for checking in. About a year ago my mother was in a similarly catastrophic state in the hospital and almost died (she made a full recovery, I've been meaning to write a post on it for awhile now). So I understand what it's like to be so close to tragedy, and on top of such a horrendous burden to not have to wonder what you did to displease Jesus or what you could do to appease him and restore your fortunes.

I'm glad that you're OK, and that none of us will have to engage in futile prayer circles or hapless intercession with God to effect uncertain change. We're all going to die at some point, but I'm happy that for you it isn't today.

• Like 2

To all wondering about our leavenly FSM, I still have strong faith. He wrapped me up in a wedge of protection. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

To all wondering about our leavenly FSM, I still have strong faith. He wrapped me up in a wedge of protection. 

If you feel comfortable sharing, what happened?  What kind of car were you in, what type of collision and how did you survive?  But only it is is not too personal.

Just now, mymistake said:

If you feel comfortable sharing, what happened?  What kind of car were you in, what type of collision and how did you survive?  But only it is is not too personal.

I'm happy to share what happened, as long as you accept what a colossal, self-declared dumbass I am without further ridicule. :P

It was a non-collision. My husband and I were arguing on our way home from dinner one evening. I told him to stop, that I was getting out of the car, because I'm a stubborn ass. He told me, as he slowed to turn into our neighborhood, that we were exactly 1 minute from home and that he was not doing so. I opened the car door to prove a point that I would, in fact, get out of the vehicle. I, not wearing a seat-belt, fell out of the vehicle going like idk 15-30mph and hit my head on the asphalt. Started vomiting immediately, nose started bleeding, couldn't remember my birthday or anniversary, couldn't balance.... force of impact burst all the capillaries in the eye opposite the injured area. Don't remember the first 3 days or so of the hospital, was CT'd several times to make sure a blood clot in my brain wasn't getting worse.

No idea how I survived, I should have died, been in a coma, broken my neck and become a quadriplegic...never said I was "street smart," now did I. My parents really are trying to use this "no idea" concept to guilt me into Gods protection. But it really feels like, "I was an idiot, coulda killed muhself, just hit my head real hard in the part of the skull designed to protect my brain from an injury such as this, dealing with the consequences."

• Sad 3

I bet he stops the car next time... so you win that argument. Totally 👍🏼

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thanks for sharing more details. We've all done things that weren't too smart, so don't beat yourself up about it. At least you're recovering, and I suspect that it won't happen again. ;)

Speaking of accidents, my neighbor was hit head-on by a drunk driver in February. She was fortunate to survive, but she's using a walker now as a result. The drunk guy was not only driving while intoxicated, but doing so with a minor in the vehicle, speeding, and passing in a no-passing zone. I hope he doesn't see the light of day for a very long time. 

• Sad 1