Goodbye Jesus

It never made sense

Crove

2 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

you can search through older posts I've written, when I was a new ex-christian on this site,

Well, look who came back to see us!   Nice to see you @ag_NO_stic!  How’ve you been?  Missed ya!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Crove said:

Hello Josh, I think it started when read the whole New Testament for the first time.  I didn't find any contradictions in the Bible at first but found that most Christians "cherry-pick" bible teachings (pick one teaching over the other) to suit their "antichristian" lifestyle which is ironic.  By biblical standards such attitude is hypocrisy, one of the worst offenses a person can make according to the Bible.  This makes most christians anti-christ, anti-god, anti-bible which is the biggest irony of all.

Then comes the contradictions - if christians cherry-pick teachings then these teachings are probably in conflict / contradiction with one another and true enough, that is the case.  The huge esteem of worldly wealth in Proverbs that most christians love vs the very low, evil value put to money by jesus and somewhat held in neutral ground by apostle paul.  And many other contradictions - this led to me to the realization that the bible is  either NOT divinely inspired, even demonic, or might actually be divinely inspired but serving a different purpose - to test humanity.

One thing led to the other if you got false teachings in the bible, what else is false?

Very insightful, for sure. I can relate to the order in which you began to see problems. First noticing the inconsistent and cherry picked beliefs of people at my church. And delving into the contradictions of the bible itself later on. And of course it all made sweeping sense across the board when I learned about textual criticism and how the personal opinions of the biblical writers diverge and illustrate how these contradictions came to be. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TABA said:

Well, look who came back to see us!   Nice to see you @ag_NO_stic!  How’ve you been?  Missed ya!

Ditto!!!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TABA said:

I've missed y'all too, didn't even realize how much until I logged in and saw some familiar names!! <3 Been a CRAZY ASS year, like it has been for everyone I'm sure, I have been mostly off social media which has done wonders for my mental health. 10/10 would recommend, lol! I'm doing really well actually, thinking of doing a post somewhere now that I'm 4-5 years in to the deconversion and in such a good place. How are you ll?! If I need to DM anyone instead of derailing OP, I can. :)

• Like 2