Goodbye Jesus

Open Club  ·  34 members  ·  Rules

OPINE CLUB

College football

DarkBishop

Where's my football fans at? Yall see that TN/AL game?

Wow......... no college football fans in here? Ok. Well nevermind. Was hoping we could get friendly GameDay banter going on in here. 

I enjoyed seeing the WV Mountaineers beat Baylor on Thursday night.  On Saturday I was at my stepson’s house and he was switching back and forth between several games, and I just zoned out.  I can only care about one game at a time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TABA said:

I enjoyed seeing the WV Mountaineers beat Baylor on Thursday night.  On Saturday I was at my stepson’s house and he was switching back and forth between several games, and I just zoned out.  I can only care about one game at a time. 

He only needed to be on one game after 3:30pm lol. That Bama TN game was good. Even if you weren't a fan. Only time a root for TN is when they play against Bama 🤣 I think everyone except Bama are about sick of seeing Bama win. 

With that being said. They have dominated NCAA for the past decade. They are usually a good team and know what they are doing, but I think they lost some key players last year. I'm hoping the bulldogs dominate the next few years anyway. It'd be nice to be the team to beat for a lil while. See what its like on the other side of the fence 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well yesterday was filled with upsets. My bulldogs showed TN who the Real number 1 team is. Alabama got beat again! This time by LSU. And my fighting Irish guys defeated #4 Clemson. Awesome day for all my Favorites 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... not that I'm getting much interest on this thread. But damn. It hurt me watching Tennessee get their asses whooped by South Carolina last night. That was brutal. 

DB

I usually only focus on the WVU Mountaineers, but now that their dismal season is drawing to a close, maybe I’ll start paying attention to the contenders for the post-season.  Of course I could Google this, but is Georgia still at or near the top?  With the Ohio State Buckeyes close behind?  At least that’s how it was last time I looked, a couple of weeks ago.  

21 minutes ago, TABA said:

I usually only focus on the WVU Mountaineers, but now that their dismal season is drawing to a close, maybe I’ll start paying attention to the contenders for the post-season.  Of course I could Google this, but is Georgia still at or near the top?  With the Ohio State Buckeyes close behind?  At least that’s how it was last time I looked, a couple of weeks ago.  

Yeah, we (GA) are still #1. As long as we beat LSU it will probably be Georgia and Ohio in the championship. This past weekend has really shook things up. It might put Alabama back in the running to get in the playoffs. But they were playing like crap this weekend too. Really non of the top teams played great this week. But the Vols really payed the price. I found out that they had three starting players that were suspended for last nights game. I don't know why yet. But I'm sure they will have to let the fans know. 

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Just a little something I made in honor of the Alabama/Texas game tonight. Hope you enjoy.

DB

gettyimages-1271819220.jpg

Here's some I made last year

1000000031.jpg1000000034.jpg

14 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Just a little something I made in honor of the Alabama/Texas game tonight. Hope you enjoy.

DB

gettyimages-1271819220.jpg

This is beautiful. I know nothing about sports, nor do I bother watching any, but I can feel the emotional weight this picture carries. The imagery perfectly encapsulates the spirit of college football. The raw, emotional reaction Texas anally fucking Alabama instills in me brings tears to my eyes. The Mona Lisa could never rival such a glorious image.

Okay, jokes aside. I like this image even though I'm not into sports. Okay, I kind of am; but I'm not in it for the game. Let's just say that lmao.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

This is beautiful. I know nothing about sports, nor do I bother watching any, but I can feel the emotional weight this picture carries. The imagery perfectly encapsulates the spirit of college football. The raw, emotional reaction Texas anally fucking Alabama instills in me brings tears to my eyes. The Mona Lisa could never rival such a glorious image.

Okay, jokes aside. I like this image even though I'm not into sports. Okay, I kind of am; but I'm not in it for the game. Let's just say that lmao.

Lmao 🤣 🤣  I could not have asked for a better compliment on my meme. Thank you !! 😊 

DB

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Lmao 🤣 🤣  I could not have asked for a better compliment on my meme. Thank you !! 😊 

DB

You're welcome, dude! I enjoy the meme even though I know literally nothing about sports. I'm just in it for the dudes in uniform. 😳 Lol.

Also, I thought the Opine Club was strictly for political discussions and not off-topic things like sports??  Not sure what I should post here. I kept getting notifications from here since I follow some people and I tried getting in several times not realizing I kept joining, leaving, and rejoining over and over lol. I feel like an old person navigating technology.

No it's just an opinion club. There are plenty of opinions in sports. Basically we used to have a forum called ToT (Totally off topic) where we would discuss politics or anything that wasn't related to the purpose of ExC. But...... there were some heated discussions, which admittedly I was a part of, along with others, and hard feelings were made. So they got rid of it for awhile. And some subjects came up in the forums that needed a place so this club kinda feels the gap that ToT left behind. But they are trying to keep this one more peaceful. 

DB

1 minute ago, DarkBishop said:

No it's just an opinion club. There are plenty of opinions in sports. Basically we used to have a forum called ToT (Totally of topic) where we would discuss politics or anything that wasn't related to the purpose of ExC. But...... there were some heated discussions, which admittedly I was a part of, along with others, and hard feelings were made. So they got rid of it for awhile. And some subjects came up in the forums that needed a place so this club kinda feels the gap that ToT left behind. But they are trying to keep this one more peaceful. 

DB

Oh okay. Dang, I wonder what I should post about. So many possibilities! So it's just like opinions on... whatever? Hmm. I don't know what to post about. There's already the Critic's Corner in the Fun and Nonsense club, but nobody really seems to use it and that's more reviews on movies, TV shows and books and the occasional videogame (like my recent post there).

• 3 weeks later...

Not that anyone is really paying attention to this thread but. Here's my latest meme for my dawgs. 

0027410-yjgp-1280x720.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DarkBishop said:

Not that anyone is really paying attention to this thread but. Here's my latest meme for my dawgs. 

0027410-yjgp-1280x720.jpg

"Not a snowball's chance in Hell" is my new favorite saying.

Lookin a bit better for the Dawgs now, but against an unranked team . . . Sheesh!

IMG_2557.jpeg

2 hours ago, TABA said:

Lookin a bit better for the Dawgs now, but against an unranked team . . . Sheesh!

IMG_2557.jpeg

It was a win but an ugly win for sure. And not what one would expect out of a #1 team. But we've won 2 years in a row. If we don't make it this year I can't really complain

DB

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.