Goodbye Jesus

Open Club  ·  34 members  ·  Rules

OPINE CLUB

Russia/Ukraine

DarkBishop

@aik

Welcome to the Opinion club. Can you let us know what is being said in Russia about the "special military operation" between Ukraine and Russia?

Thanks

DB

@aik i don't know if you were able to see my message in here earlier. So I'm tagging you again. 

No, I did not see you tagged me. Thank you.

Well, I will give my view of the situation. As you know, I am for peace (without weapon). The war anyway is terrible. In this case I can see that it is politics and business from both sides, first of all. But sides are more than two as we can see. What refers to our participation, yes, we support our brothers on the other side (no matter believer or not). We have our ways to do it. The nations are much closer to each other than you can even imagine. Generally there is no enmity in people here against the nation of the Ukraine, but very often compassion. Of course, television has a huge influence on the people here, on those who believe that it is true. We are waiting for finish. Keep praying for those who are victims, lost there families, brothers, sons, husbands... many of us have relatives mutually living in another side. 

But I have a thing to tell you guys. Do not ever let enmity get into your heart against anyone. Even if the history of relations were severe. I know what I am saying. Jesus shed his blood for russians, ukrainians, americans, europens, armenian and turks, azerbayjanis, iranians and israelis. For everyone. We must get knowledge of the power of that blood.

I had enmity in my heart also. I was brought up with it. But Jesus healed my heart. And now I am very much close to those whome I had called enemies. 

With regards,

• Like 2

If you have questions, feel free to ask. I have it written very fast, I wanted get out of my office as fast as it was possible. 

Thank you AIK,

Ok. Well the way you describe it. It sounds more like a civil war. Does Russia consider Ukraine a separate nation from Russia?

I'm curious. What is your media saying about the war. Why did your president invade Ukraine? From your perspective. 

Are there a lot of Russian soldiers dying? The way our media is portraying it. The Ukrainians are killing a lot of russians. I don't know how true that is. I'm not over there. I thought you might could tell us. 

There are fears that President Putin will not be satisfied with Ukraine. Is there potential for him to go further. Does he want to reunite all the countries that were once part of the USSR?

How bad are the sanctions? Since Russia and China are allies, I can't imagine that western sanctions have much affect on your economy. 

Thank you for talking to us about this.

DB

26 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Thank you AIK,

Ok. Well the way you describe it. It sounds more like a civil war. Does Russia consider Ukraine a separate nation from Russia?

I'm curious. What is your media saying about the war. Why did your president invade Ukraine? From your perspective. 

Are there a lot of Russian soldiers dying? The way our media is portraying it. The Ukrainians are killing a lot of russians. I don't know how true that is. I'm not over there. I thought you might could tell us. 

There are fears that President Putin will not be satisfied with Ukraine. Is there potential for him to go further. Does he want to reunite all the countries that were once part of the USSR?

How bad are the sanctions? Since Russia and China are allies, I can't imagine that western sanctions have much affect on your economy. 

Thank you for talking to us about this.

DB

Dear Bishop,

We don't feel sanctions as much. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aik said:

Dear Bishop,

We don't feel sanctions as much. 

Thats about what I thought. Our media calls it "crippling" sanctions. I couldn't really understand how it would cripple russians. We in the US get most of our stuff from China. So we would be worse off than you if China put sanctions on us. 

What about all the other issues I was asking about?

DB

Things could get 'interesting' if Poland uses Article 4.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_49187.htm

In Article 4 of NATO’s founding treaty, members can bring any issue of concern, especially related to the security of a member country, to the table for discussion within the North Atlantic Council.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-asia-63593855

1. Two people have been killed in Poland after missiles landed near the Ukrainian border, reports say
  2. Polish media and the AP news agency said Russian missiles were responsible, but there has been no official confirmation
  3. Russia's defence ministry denies the reports and says they amount to a "deliberate provocation aimed at escalation"
  4. The US and other international powers said they were investigating what had happened
  5. Poland’s Bureau of National Security is meeting in an emergency session and is due to give a statement
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

What about all the other issues I was asking about?

DB

In this issues I am more interested about people who live there. I have no idea about the politics at all, what they think, what they speak etc. I don't care about politicians. My care is the people. 

1 hour ago, walterpthefirst said:

Things could get 'interesting' if Poland uses Article 4.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_49187.htm

In Article 4 of NATO’s founding treaty, members can bring any issue of concern, especially related to the security of a member country, to the table for discussion within the North Atlantic Council.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-asia-63593855

1. Two people have been killed in Poland after missiles landed near the Ukrainian border, reports say
  2. Polish media and the AP news agency said Russian missiles were responsible, but there has been no official confirmation
  3. Russia's defence ministry denies the reports and says they amount to a "deliberate provocation aimed at escalation"
  4. The US and other international powers said they were investigating what had happened
  5. Poland’s Bureau of National Security is meeting in an emergency session and is due to give a statement

Dear Walter, I never watched do much news at once, really. I hear the first time what it is said here.

4 minutes ago, aik said:

In this issues I am more interested about people who live there. I have no idea about the politics at all, what they think, what they speak etc. I don't care about politicians. My care is the people. 

Ok I get that. 

How about your army. They are saying on our news that many Russian military are dying. 

Is that what your seeing? Do you have any friends you lost fighting the war? Or neighbors who lost military sons or daughters?

Because to us. It sounds like we are on the brink of world War sometimes. Just saying.

If this isn't something your paying attention to. You probably should. Nobody wants a War between super powers. All religious talk aside. This is serious. 

DB

13 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Ok I get that. 

How about your army. They are saying on our news that many Russian military are dying. 

Is that what your seeing? Do you have any friends you lost fighting the war? Or neighbors who lost military sons or daughters?

Because to us. It sounds like we are on the brink of world War sometimes. Just saying.

If this isn't something your paying attention to. You probably should. Nobody wants a War between super powers. All religious talk aside. This is serious. 

DB

Yes, you.re right. It is serious. But I never heard that someone here wants to initiate such a war. 

No, I have none around me whom I know lost his relative or friend. Of course there are some deaths I think. How can a war be without it? 

News are speaking opposite on both sides, and both are lying I think. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aik said:

Yes, you.re right. It is serious. But I never heard that someone here wants to initiate such a war. 

No, I have none around me whom I know lost his relative or friend. Of course there are some deaths I think. How can a war be without it? 

News are speaking opposite on both sides, and both are lying I think. 

Thats exactly what I think. It looks like we are both being lied to. 

We are being lied to about the sanctions. And your being lied to about how serious this issue is getting. I really hope we don't go to war. That would be bad. 

28 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Thats exactly what I think. It looks like we are both being lied to. 

We are being lied to about the sanctions. And your being lied to about how serious this issue is getting. I really hope we don't go to war. That would be bad. 

Sure. I hope to. When I want to know a thing for sure I never go to tv. Lol. Actually we get some info from reliable people. But again not about politics at all, but the situation.

How about sanctions affect at your side?

9 minutes ago, aik said:

How about sanctions affect at your side?

What sanctions? We got very little from Russia anyway. And we pretty much fuel china's economy. So they probably aren't doing much if anything. 

I've noticed prices going up. But we are having a lot of inflation issues right now. 

I will tell you a story a bit later. I am on my work now.

4 minutes ago, aik said:

Ok. No problem. A man has to work. 

10 hours ago, aik said:

Are you able to tell your story now?

30 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Are you able to tell your story now?

12 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

I have a friend. Several years ago he replaced to the ukraine. And now he and his family, a wife and 6 children, met this situation. They live on the western side. So what they do is, when people de liver money to them from here, they take the money go to a big city because they live in a village, and buy food and all necessary stuff, and deliver it to hot regions where people starve. And there we have many such heroes of love. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 9:33 AM, aik said:

I have a friend. Several years ago he replaced to the ukraine. And now he and his family, a wife and 6 children, met this situation. They live on the western side. So what they do is, when people de liver money to them from here, they take the money go to a big city because they live in a village, and buy food and all necessary stuff, and deliver it to hot regions where people starve. And there we have many such heroes of love. 

Heroes. Yes.

It's the people at the bottom of the pyramid that get smashed. We have a social critic here in America, George Carlin, who once said, "War is rich old men protecting their property by sending middle class and lower class men off to die." And there is another one the source of which I can't confirm: "War brings profits to the merchants, glory to the generals, and death to the privates." 

I do believe that most people are good and kind and want to do the right thing. It's a tragedy of humanity that those who are selfish and cruel too often end up in positions of power.

4 hours ago, older said:

And there is another one the source of which I can't confirm: "War brings profits to the merchants, glory to the generals, and death to the privates." 

I also cannot confirm who said it, But as a social scientist I definitely agree with the statement.  

On 11/15/2022 at 8:56 PM, aik said:

But if you care about the people, wouldn't you want to know what is going on in politics that is bringing about their death and sorrow?  And do what you could to stop the carnage?

Today I got message about my friend in Ukraine I was talking about. His family here, brothers and sisters, are going to send some help, so they wrote to me. They say that only 10 minutes a day of electricity they are given. though they have a fireplace at home. Have no work now. He had some work a couple of months ago. missiles are flying over heads. 

At the start of the pandemic it seemed that we would always be wearing masks now. But it is in the past now. Maybe this situation will come to its end soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.