Goodbye Jesus

Open Club  ·  34 members  ·  Rules

OPINE CLUB

Politics, a love and hate relationship 😆

DarkBishop

@RankStranger

Whatcha waiting for? We gonna talk politics er not?

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

@RankStranger

Whatcha waiting for? We gonna talk politics er not?

I have a thread about the Supremes, and to my mind that's the most important stuff going on right now.  We can move this discussion to that thread as some point if we feel like it.  

The Republicans got exactly what they wanted in Trump.  They understand political tactics and the power of bureaucracy, and they've stacked the Supreme Court by to their liking.  This is the culmination of a decades-long project, and they got exactly what they wanted.  In terms of gun rights, abortion non-rights, and corporate power over vast swaths of American Life.  This court is laying the ground work to change our society into something else.  The Democrats have responded with a shrug, and went back to their phones.

I find myself in political limbo once again.  My last episode of that was around 2006, when nobody could deny that the Iraq War had been a terrible idea. I left the Republican party and voted for Obama in 2008, and it was like a religious deconversion for me.  But killing people for idiotic reasons just isn't ok.  Killing people is bad m'kay.  Not that Obama did anything about that.

Trump is disgusting in a variety of ways.  I can sortof understand people voting for him, considering the alternative.  Not that I've ever considered it, nor will I.  But thinking his sort of 'leadership' is good for the country?  That's something I can't understand, and I can't help but question the judgment of people who do.

Millions of loud & proud Christians aren't merely supporting the guy for lack of a better alternative.  They love him like nobody else.  They love him WAY more than they love Jesus.  Until Trump, I didn't understand that Americans were susceptible to a cult of personality... but here we are.  I understand the concept of Idolatry a little better too.

And the absolute cowardice in the GOP these days!  Chris Christie is the only candidate so far in that whole party that has the courage to even criticize Trump in public.  Cruz and Rubio can't manage to say a word against him even after Trump shit all over their families.  Called Cruz's wife ugly and accused Rubio's father of shooting JFK.  What a party of traumatized boot-lickers.

I held my nose and voted for Hillary, just to try and stop this idiocy.  Hillary Fucking Clinton.  And I followed it up by voting for a corpse... literally any human capable of a signature and who isn't Donald Trump.  Biden has done a great job of not being Donald Trump, and not much else.

But I don't think I can do it again.  The Democrats have done their level best to squander every opportunity they've had to improve this country.  I think that's what they're paid to do.  I don't know where that leaves me politically.  Maybe I'll waste my vote on a third party.  I've done it before.

I can't imagine either party nominating somebody I'd actually want to be president.  But one thing has changed with the Supremes handing down decisions.  Republicans have proven that they can and will deliver a policy change that I want (equal protection under the law... it's a small ask).  I'd like to see a counter-offer from the Democrats, if they'd like to have my vote.  So far I can't name any major policy change that they've delivered in this administration... that I actually want.

I'd accept universal healthcare as a very good counter-offer. But in 2016 the Democratic Party proved that they weren't interested in that.  They're still not interested.  They're not even interested in fixing obvious problems with ObamaCare.  It's like their job is to incinerate political capital.

So what do you think the political world looks like these days DB?

8 hours ago, RankStranger said:

So what do you think the political world looks like these days DB?

You covered a lot of info. Issues there. I'll reply in a little while when I get to take a break. Good stuff and issues we American do need to talk about. 

DB

11 hours ago, RankStranger said:

In terms of gun rights, abortion non-rights, and corporate power over vast swaths of American Life. 

Ok, so on the subject of the new Supreme Court judges I'm fine with this. Like I said I'm a big supporter of gun rights, so having Supreme Court justices that support my values is a win. The abortion rulings have only brought back the State authority first ideology that the forefathers had. Most states are still going to have abortion available. I'm not against abortion but there are pros and cons. One of the cons is something that was mentioned on another thread. Population sustainability. It is probably not going to be your religious people having abortions for the most part. So this lowers the population of liberal Christians and nonbelievers. Granted... probably not significantly per year. But it adds up with compound interest as this people have their own children etc. The only abortion I am personally against is late term abortion. Because at that point the baby can survive outside the mothers womb in an incubator. I believe late term is a disgustingly disgrace to humanity. I liken it to ancient infant sacrifice. Months 1-6 I do not care. Your body, your choice. And if it is left to the states then there is nothing stopping a woman.... as far as I know.... from going to another state and getting one if their state doesn't allow it. But I've never looked into the rules and technicalities so don't crucify me if I'm ignorant of the rules. But that is where I stand for now on those two issues. 

You make a very good point with the corporate power that our politicians are supporting. I see it in every facet of my life. And honestly I think that is why the politicians aren't interested in universal Healthcare. There is to much money being made by insurance companies to cut them out of the loop and have our taxes pay for it. But if they thought about it they could still use the insurance companies and just have taxes pay what is left over. Honestly if my higher taxes are equal to or less than what I pay for a premium. I'm good. 

My last episode of that was around 2006, when nobody could deny that the Iraq War had been a terrible idea. I left the Republican party and voted for Obama in 2008, and it was like a religious deconversion for me.  But killing people for idiotic reasons just isn't ok.  Killing people is bad m'kay.  Not that Obama did anything about that.

Eh.... this could be debatable. Some people need to die. I personally think that the war in Iraq was baby bushes personal vendetta against hussein for trying to kill his daddy. In his defense Hussein had done a lot of inhumane acts but he did keep others out of his country like Iran. One thing I've realized in my life is that the culture in the Middle East only seem to understand rulers that rule with an iron fist. I couldn't imagine having that mentality. 

But I don't think I can do it again.  The Democrats have done their level best to squander every opportunity they've had to improve this country.  I think that's what they're paid to do.  I don't know where that leaves me politically.  Maybe I'll waste my vote on a third party.  I've done it before.

I think the democrats are too infatuated with Trump themselves. They cant focus on policies because they are focused on him. I didn't like Trump. And I hope he doesn't run again. But the economy was good when he was in office. And that is a pattern I've noticed. When Republicans are in office it seems like work is good. When democrats are in office it seems to go down hill. I don't know what they do differently that causes that. But that is what I notice. And maybe that is just the luck of whatever companies I work for and unrelated to politics. 

Maybe I'll waste my vote on a third party.  I've done it before.

I don't believe it is a waste. I prefer third party ideas better usually. I consider myself more libertarian than anything else. The only way we can stop the Republicans and democrats from going to the extremes they have been going to is to send them a message. Even if the third party didn't win, the other two parties would get the message. Either change your values more like these guys. Or your gone. Then we can see real change in America. The only thing these politicians understand is money and votes. 

I'd like to see a counter-offer from the Democrats, if they'd like to have my vote.

Honestly, if I saw a counter offer from democrats that didn't involve gun control. I would probably vote for them more often. I voted for Obama the first time. But was so disappointed in the mandatory insurance policy of the AHCA that I voted third party the next go around. What we really need is mandated procedure and pharmaceutical pricing. They over charge just to get as much money out of insurance as possible. Then we are expected to pay what we would normally pay without insurance in some cases. The price with no insurance should be the same price with Insurance. But that goes back to the corporate backed political environment we have. Which I think both sides promote. 

Biden has done a great job of not being Donald Trump, and not much else.

I can agree to that. Biden sucks and so does Trump.

Thats all I have for now. Break is over. Except maybe your thoughts on the state of Feinstein.

DB

3 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Ok, so on the subject of the new Supreme Court judges I'm fine with this. Like I said I'm a big supporter of gun rights, so having Supreme Court justices that support my values is a win. The abortion rulings have only brought back the State authority first ideology that the forefathers had. Most states are still going to have abortion available. I'm not against abortion but there are pros and cons. One of the cons is something that was mentioned on another thread. Population sustainability. It is probably not going to be your religious people having abortions for the most part. So this lowers the population of liberal Christians and nonbelievers. Granted... probably not significantly per year. But it adds up with compound interest as this people have their own children etc. The only abortion I am personally against is late term abortion. Because at that point the baby can survive outside the mothers womb in an incubator. I believe late term is a disgustingly disgrace to humanity. I liken it to ancient infant sacrifice. Months 1-6 I do not care. Your body, your choice. And if it is left to the states then there is nothing stopping a woman.... as far as I know.... from going to another state and getting one if their state doesn't allow it. But I've never looked into the rules and technicalities so don't crucify me if I'm ignorant of the rules. But that is where I stand for now on those two issues. 

I don't know much about Feinstein except that she's barely alive.  Not unlike a a bunch of politicians in both parties- she just may be the worst example at the moment of geriatric politicians clinging to power til their last breath.  Our President isn't much better in that respect, nor is Trump.  The world will be a slightly better place when these people are just gone.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg was just as guilty IMO.  It was her own ego that allowed RvW to be struck down.  She could've retired while Obama was president, and she was advised repeatedly to do so.  But she just couldn't let go.  Now we all have to live with the consequences.

Personally I don't care much about abortion itself one way or the other.  I see it as the woman's decision to make, and neither I nor the government should get involved.  The problem with regulation here is that there are many many shades of gray between abortion, miscarriage, infanticide, and life-saving healthcare.  I'm not there to make that distinction, not qualified to make that distinction, and don't want to be involved in the first place.  I think we should have enough respect for the individual to leave that between the woman and her doctor.  If authorities get involved, they will absolutely make the whole situation worse in a lot of cases.  If that freedom is abused... well that's the nature of what freedom is.  Freedom ain't freedom unless it can be abused.  IMO.

21 hours ago, RankStranger said:

The world will be a slightly better place when these people are just gone.

The average age of the senate right now is 65.3 years old. And this is on both sides of the isle. I don't feel like the top two contenders for the democrat presidential nomination were to old to even be running. Obviously Biden just needs to lay it down. But he won't. Bernie was just as bad. Trump not much batter. All of them are from a time that is long past and are out of touch with normal working Americans. It is very hard for me to believe that there are that many people that actually want these extremes in politics. 

I'm curious what is going to end up happening with Ukraine. I don't think we need to keep sending our stuff over there. But at the same time I found out they supply important components for our ammunition. Obama shut down the factorys in America. 

What do ya think about the cocaine found in the white house? My bet is its Hunters 🤣 they're snorting in the Whitehouse and won't legalized weed on the federal level. Wtf?

DB

Honestly that cocaine could've come from anybody.  Could've been Hunter, could've been a staffer, could've been Biden's Handlers.  I'm pretty sure they know who it came from- they have video surveillance along with all the time and resources they could ask for to go through it second-by-second.

If it was brought in by anybody important or inconvenient, they'll just say they don't know.  And that'll be the end of it.

1 hour ago, RankStranger said:

Honestly that cocaine could've come from anybody.  Could've been Hunter, could've been a staffer, could've been Biden's Handlers.  I'm pretty sure they know who it came from- they have video surveillance along with all the time and resources they could ask for to go through it second-by-second.

If it was brought in by anybody important or inconvenient, they'll just say they don't know.  And that'll be the end of it.

Ok... Hunters cocaine issues aside. What is your take on our support of Ukraine. When is enough enough? Honestly If Mexico were trying to become allies with Russia and China we would probably do the same thing. So......... I'm tired of seeing billions of dollars go to help a country we aren't even allied with when we know there is a real threat we could go to war again if they go past Ukraine. 

How long is Russia going to be cool with us handing their enemies weapons to kill them? Are they just trying to deplete our arsenalnbefore they completely take over and initiate the next world war? They ready attacked a oil pipeline w years ago. For all we know China already embedded our systems with a kill switch that will shut us down.  

DB

10 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Ok... Hunters cocaine issues aside. What is your take on our support of Ukraine. When is enough enough? Honestly If Mexico were trying to become allies with Russia and China we would probably do the same thing. So......... I'm tired of seeing billions of dollars go to help a country we aren't even allied with when we know there is a real threat we could go to war again if they go past Ukraine. 

How long is Russia going to be cool with us handing their enemies weapons to kill them? Are they just trying to deplete our arsenal before they completely take over and initiate the next world war? They ready attacked a oil pipeline w years ago. For all we know China already embedded our systems with a kill switch that will shut us down.  

DB

I think we as a country are going to support one war or another no matter what.  I don't think we peasants have any say in the matter.  This country has been at war for most of its history.  That's the nature of an empire, and we're frighteningly good at it.

I think Biden is probably on the take in Ukraine.  His family definitely has been.  Biden's Handler's have in my opinion handled this war very competently though... where media coverage and political considerations are concerned.  The Republicans really have no choice but to oppose, and their standard-bearer is apparently too cowed to criticize a single thing about Putin.  Trump kisses Putin's ass just like Cruz and Rubio kiss Trump's ass.  It's kinda sick.  Americans love war too much to elect the non-war candidate, and Biden's Handlers have called dibs on that particular racket.  Trump's foreign policy consisted of kissing foreign dick-taters' asses and pissing on NATO.  I think he was the Clintons' hand-picked fall guy in 2016, and her plan blew up in her face.  But she had correctly judged his character- she just didn't understand now many Americans shared it.

This might also be the dawn of WWIII.  There's a book that Daniel Ellsberg put out a few years ago, called Doomsday Machine.  It's probably the most disturbing book I've ever read.  During the Cold War, the U.S. government had war plans in place, that if merely carried out as written, likely would've likely destroyed most human life on the planet.  All it would've taken is a single nuclear accident, maybe in the Pacific, and a little bad luck- and the missiles would've flown.  We had plans in place that if Russia attacked, we automatically nuke China and Russia.  No questions asked, thousands of warheads.  We're no more intelligent now than we were then.

I don't care how many billions we send to Ukraine.  Nobody will even notice until we get into the Trillions.  For the money we spent in Iraq and Afghanistan, we could've had solid universal healthcare, and free college or trade school for every young American with a generous stipend.  We chose instead to blow up disobedient brown people in some god-forsaken desert.

I can't even guess what Russia is going to do.  Putin could make this war very real to Americans if he wanted to.  And he's in a tight spot.  Russian dick-taters who lose wars tend to not survive.  I don't think one ever has ever survived, when Russia lost a war.  And look at what we did to Saddam.  And Gaddafi 🤨

For the most part, Ukraine is getting our hand-me-downs from the 90's.  Which still out-class most of what Russia has today.  The Great Americans working for defense contractors are loving this... as we re-stock with newer/bigger/better equipment.  This is a win/win/win for the Empire, my friend!

Honestly I think The West is going to loot Russia.  Again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.