Goodbye Jesus

Open Club  ·  34 members  ·  Rules

OPINE CLUB

How much does your word cost?

aik

Hereby I wish to share with my thoughts over a certain problem, which has become obvious to me here. While I was communicating with all you here, the people who are of various education level, traditions and nations, habits and experiences, but generally the people who are beyond the ocean, as for me. 

I see that most of you here are very concerned of having hard evidence of everything which is spoken. And you have all the right to do so. But when I shift myself a little bit to look at it from a distance, standing aside, I see that there is no trust for a word among you. Even if you smile to each other and agree with one another in some points, I mean you who are connected with a common idea of anti-christianism, even you do not have trust to a word of yours. It is not your fault in the core. You inherited it from your elders from generation to generation. 

Critical thinking is a very good thing. I love it, really. But consider that I live on the east. Here first of all a word of a man is valuable. If a man says words without basements, without truth, if a man says lies, or not trustworthy claims, then he will not be asked about anything very soon. I was brought up among the people who value the word. And here the word of a man shows who he is in his life. When a man has not a trustworthy word he will not be trusted more than one time. People try to avoid having a serious deal with such a man. That is why, when I say something, I have to think first, will I be able to answer for what I have said. 

But we here do not require evidences so much. Why? Because a man should say things which are true and there is no option. 

Once I read from the Bruce Lee’s sayings. He was says that a wise man does not need a proof, and if he needs a proof, then he is not wise. This is east. 

I am coming to a conclusion that this variety between west and east, the variety of trust and critical thinking puts us in confrontation with each other very often. We look for only true sources to accept it, you look for evidence to avoid mistakes. We avoid mistakes by selection of a source, you try to avoid a mistake by having a hard evidence. 

Finally to be short here, we should be more attentive to both ideas, I should be attentive to your approach, and you should be attentive to our one. It will help us to minimize confrontation and to build a constructive discussions. 

Many evidences I can require only in case if my own words are not trustworthy and are not trusted by others. And if my words are trustworthy, then I start to value others in what they say, consider it seriously, and makes sense to me. 

What is your opinion about it?

P.S. I am in hurry now, that is why I had not a chance to think over the quality of my text. I am sorry if something is missed here. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.