Goodbye Jesus

Artificial Intelligence

DarkBishop

I saw a headline that talked about AI robots attending a chargers game. Which apparently is true. They did it as a gimmick to promote the new movie. The creator.

I also saw where the senate held a meeting with Bill gates, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, and other people involved with High tech. 

Here is the article:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/big-tech-ceos-ai-meeting-senators-musk-zuckerberg-rcna104738

So my question is. Where in God's Word does it talk about AI? Or AI Robots? Having read the bible through a couple times and done a lot of subject study for various church doctrines, I just can't see where it indicates that in the end times there would be beings walking around that were not made by God but were made by humans. And that they may pose a potential threat to humanity.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that if any Christians have an Idea the are probably going to try and twist some obscure verses in Revelation but we'll see. There weren't any Christian takers on my Homo Naledi post. Maybe Robots and AI is easier. 

IMO the bible, God, all the prophets, and even Jesus never seem to have foresaw that humans would do such things. They were all more worried about where men would be sticking their dicks in the end times. Explanations, ideas, shots in the dark anyone?

Best Regards,

Dark Bishop

• Super Moderator

Proverbs 9:10, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

This would be an example of artificial intelligence in the bible: equating belief in an imaginary god with knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.  The "intelligence" which comes from such belief is demonstrably not actual, real, intelligence. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Proverbs 9:10, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

This would be an example of artificial intelligence in the bible: equating belief in an imaginary god with knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.  The "intelligence" which comes from such belief is demonstrably not actual, real, intelligence. 

That's a good one Professor. Lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Db

• Thanks 1

In the gospels Jesus warned about false prophets and in Revelation THE False Prophet is mentioned several times.

So why couldn't this false prophet be made from silicon instead of flesh and blood?

The flaws with this idea is that the False Prophet was thrown alive into the lake of fire.  A purely artificial intelligence with no DNA probably doesn't qualify as alive.

But what about a person who's intelligence is enhanced by AI?  Or a cyborg-like fusion of flesh and silicon in humanlike form?

Hmmm... I'm really overstretching on this one, DB.

But you did pose the question.

Thank you,

Walter.

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

So my question is. Where in God's Word does it talk about AI? Or AI Robots? Having read the bible through a couple times and done a lot of subject study for various church doctrines, I just can't see where it indicates that in the end times there would be beings walking around that were not made by God but were made by humans. And that they may pose a potential threat to humanity.

I think the current refrain would be:  "We are truly living in the End Times!"

24 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

The flaws with this idea is that the False Prophet was thrown alive into the lake of fire.  A purely artificial intelligence with no DNA probably doesn't qualify as alive.

But what about a person who's intelligence is enhanced by AI?  Or a cyborg-like fusion of flesh and silicon in humanlike form?

The mental imagery I'm having of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator being tossed into the lake of fire shouting "I'll be back" is killing me lmao.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

The mental imagery I'm having of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator being tossed into the lake of fire shouting "I'll be back" is killing me lmao.

He did kinda get tossed in a lake of fire 🔥

That's it @walterpthefirst this must be what the prophet saw!!! Lmao 🤣 🤣 🤣 He foresaw the Terminator. 

DB

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, walterpthefirst said:

But you did pose the question.

Thank you,

Walter.

I'm kind of getting several threads to link together eventually, pointing out how our actual reality isn't the biblical reality. Like my post with Homo Naledi. 

Also the several posts on human suffering that You and @TheRedneckProfessor worked on so diligently. 

All of these things do not reflect the proposed biblical reality that we should be living. 

DB

59 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

I'm kind of getting several threads to link together eventually, pointing out how our actual reality isn't the biblical reality. Like my post with Homo Naledi. 

Also the several posts on human suffering that You and @TheRedneckProfessor worked on so diligently. 

All of these things do not reflect the proposed biblical reality that we should be living. 

DB

Sounds interesting, DB.

Go for it!

👍

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

A purely artificial intelligence with no DNA probably doesn't qualify as alive.

They wouldn't have known that when they wrote the story, though; they would have only seen the False Prophet kicking and thrashing about in the lake of fire as though he were alive.  And they would have made assumptions accordingly.  It's not like they were being inspired by an all-knowing god or anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

I stealth through quite a few evangelical groups to keep tabs on the latest conspiracy theories and what not going on. Ironically, I'm a content writer by trade and use some of the automated tools out there all the time, and one thing I noticed is how many churches are embracing technology. Tech is truly pervading services and likely writing quite a bit of content for pastors, too from what I can see on job boards.

I was watching a video the other day of a few fellows charismatically worshipping with a sword and shield. While it was disturbing, what caught my eye was when the camera person panned the room. You see tons of people slain in the spirit. And then I see another person recording the service with their phone. They're clearly focused on their phone's filming and are also speaking in tongues at the same time.... Yeah, I think I know what the thesis for my upcoming doctorate will be about. I think the attitudes toward AI and other tech will be generational in response. Boomers are probably the least accepting and more likely to be suspicious, GenX on the fence, and Millenials forward embracing it within their religious communities.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheBluegrassSkeptic said:

. I think the attitudes toward AI and other tech will be generational in response. Boomers are probably the least accepting and more likely to be suspicious, GenX on the fence, and Millenials forward embracing it within their religious communities.

Have you seen anything in the evangelical groups explaining how "God's word" said this would happen?

I'm interested to see how evangelical pastors explain what I see as God's blind spots. I personally think they will just side step and ignore the elephant in the room completely. Just as they did our success in the space race and space exploration. 

@Wertbag posted a topic about the James Web space telescope seeing possible indications of life on another planet. I suppose the easiest explanation would be that if God created life on earth he could have created life on another planet. 

But then why would they whole epic rise and fall of life on earth be centered here? Would the end of time not have to include the life on another planet? 

I don't see how abrahamic religions can survive and thrive much longer. The reality we are living in has far surpassed biblical expectations in the past 200 years. Of course people writing a book 2000 years ago couldn't have guessed what we would be capable of now. They believed that God confused the languages just because they were trying to build a tall tower lmao 🤣 

Planes, rockets, satellites, skyscrapers, space telescopes, computers, cell phones, and rovers on Mars weren't even in their wildest dreams. Just as they had no idea about dinosaurs or millions of years of human evolution. 

Please forgive my writing skills. I'm just a country boy from GA 😆. I'm sure its cringe worthy. I do the same when I see actors doing electrical work in TV shows. 

Best regards,

Dark Bishop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

Have you seen anything in the evangelical groups explaining how "God's word" said this would happen?

I'm interested to see how evangelical pastors explain what I see as God's blind spots. I personally think they will just side step and ignore the elephant in the room completely. Just as they did our success in the space race and space exploration. 

They're totally ignoring it for the most part from what I can see, if not gleefully embracing it. I see suspicions arise when it comes to governmental issues and policy making that could potentially clash with their religious practices.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Last I heard there was a connection between the mark of the beast and these new microchips they got out now.  It was going to start with credit card numbers, then cards with microchips in them, and finally they'd put the microchip directly into your skin, either in the back of your hand or in your forehead.  I reckon we're right on schedule. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Last I heard there was a connection between the mark of the beast and these new microchips they got out now.  It was going to start with credit card numbers, then cards with microchips in them, and finally they'd put the microchip directly into your skin, either in the back of your hand or in your forehead.  I reckon we're right on schedule. 

I like the focus on these chips when pretty much everything is biometrics.  When I went overseas recently they checked my passport but most everything was done with cameras.  They just scanned my face to board the plane as well as to re-enter the US.  Not on this trip but a few years back I went to the Vatican and took a tour, during check-in, I leaned over and took a peek at the monitor and they already had all my ID info, with photo, on the screen before I had even told them who I was.  In light of xians fears over the "mark" I found this happening a bit ironic.

No one needs to go through the effort of sticking a chip or tattooing anyone.  We're well past that point.  This biblical prediction made some sort of sense up until the point we made it obsolete by surpassing it.  Making physical marks are essentially useless for the very things the bible claims you'll need them (ie. being able to do business).

mwc

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Yeah I've been hearing about that for years now. But really none of that makes sense when they could easily make a system that works on finger prints or retinal scans. But then thieves would probably start cutting off body parts when they robe someone. I'd just a soon keep my debit card. 😆 

DB

2 hours ago, mwc said:

I like the focus on these chips when pretty much everything is biometrics.  When I went overseas recently they checked my passport but most everything was done with cameras.  They just scanned my face to board the plane as well as to re-enter the US.  Not on this trip but a few years back I went to the Vatican and took a tour, during check-in, I leaned over and took a peek at the monitor and they already had all my ID info, with photo, on the screen before I had even told them who I was.  In light of xians fears over the "mark" I found this happening a bit ironic.

No one needs to go through the effort of sticking a chip or tattooing anyone.  We're well past that point.  This biblical prediction made some sort of sense up until the point we made it obsolete by surpassing it.  Making physical marks are essentially useless for the very things the bible claims you'll need them (ie. being able to do business).

mwc

This is even better than finger prints and retinal scans. This will probably be the way forward. It would cut down on people getting your payment info too. I suppose it would eliminate it. 

DB

12 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

This is even better than finger prints and retinal scans. This will probably be the way forward. It would cut down on people getting your payment info too. I suppose it would eliminate it. 

I'm not a huge fan of the current state of biometrics.  At least with secure finger print readers (and other biometrics like eye readers) they check to see if the person is alive so you cannot just use a cut-off digit like you propose.  It does appear to be the direction we seem to be moving.  At some point in the future it seems we will simply identify ourselves by using our persons in some way.  Something the biblical authors could never have imagined.  At no point could I see a person 2000 years ago thinking about a way to get perfect images of everyone and then being able to sort through them in (near) real time as people conducted their daily business.  Marking each and every person would be the far more reasonable thing to imagine.

Also, credit cards offer better protections over debit (since debit is tied directly to your bank account and credit cards have more legal protections).  And don't ever swipe any card if you can use another method (like tap and pay or secure wallet).

mwc

• Like 1