Goodbye Jesus

Open Club  ·  34 members  ·  Rules

OPINE CLUB

Night owl invitation

moxieflux66

Ever felt like your schedule just doesn't fit the mainstream's schedule? Do you work a graveyard shift and have to sacrifice your social life just so you can sleep and go to work? Does anyone know what the hell it's like to reverse your entire life just to get by? Basic needs like eating, sleeping and doing daily chores are a nightmare when combined with working a late swing or graveyard shift anywhere in America. 

I'd love this to be a refuge to those who work the opposite side of the clock than 'most' do. To this end, I humbly invite your participation. Thank you. 

P.S. Especially welcoming to you graveyard/retired/night owl women out there! 

• 3 weeks later...
Goodbye Jesus

I have diagnosed non-24 so I'm rarely on anyone's schedule...at least for very long.  It's a fucking nightmare.  I feel real sympathy for anyone who has to deal with trying to shoe-horn themselves into some weird schedule for whatever reason.  The upside nowadays is that there are a lot more 24 hour businesses and on-line ways to take care of things than ever which takes some of the pressure off.  But, for in person things it's still a pain in the ass.  Like, I have an appointment coming up in about three weeks that I'm working towards getting my schedule aligned for so I don't miss it.  It also means I have to shunt an unfair amount of things over to my wife since I can't go do them in "off" times.

mwc

On 12/19/2023 at 10:24 PM, mwc said:

I have diagnosed non-24 so I'm rarely on anyone's schedule...at least for very long.  It's a fucking nightmare.  I feel real sympathy for anyone who has to deal with trying to shoe-horn themselves into some weird schedule for whatever reason.  The upside nowadays is that there are a lot more 24 hour businesses and on-line ways to take care of things than ever which takes some of the pressure off.  But, for in person things it's still a pain in the ass.  Like, I have an appointment coming up in about three weeks that I'm working towards getting my schedule aligned for so I don't miss it.  It also means I have to shunt an unfair amount of things over to my wife since I can't go do them in "off" times.

mwc

Hi there! I wouldn't trade places with you for all the love nor money in the world. If I don't get enough sleep I go on a rampage from hell. I can't even stand myself! 

I did a month long stint on the graveyard shift for the trauma hospital I worked at in the city. Worse yet, the hardest part of the job entailed morning rounds drawing blood in the  newborn intensive care unit, the tiniest and most fragile of bodies to have to do. At that hour, somewhere around 0500, I was already tired and sometimes I could barely do it. Once on the way home I got lost in the morning rush hour commute and had to pull over to cry for a while. I often felt I was losing my mind. 

The problems you described are far-reaching, are they not? Your wife must be a saint. You must be a good team! Too many people take sleep for granted, IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings again! It is now officially post-holiday time so here's to all you out there that managed to survive it! Especially those who aren't fond, shall we say, of this potential minefield of a time of year for ex-christians. Reading some of the posts out there this has to be hellish enough without all the extra crap everywhere reminding us it was all a big farce. 

How did you deal with the holidays/family of believers you've had to cope with over this wretched time of year? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.