Goodbye Jesus

Grace Is The Knowledge Of Inseparability, And Of Us.

FreeThinkerNZ

I have been listening for a long time. I do not agree. Some relationships are not as intimate as others...even in nature.

It's obvious you're hear to preach.  You're not hear to 'communicate' or 'make friends' lol.  Some people are so full of shit.

• Like 1

I have been listening for a long time. I do not agree. Some relationships are not as intimate as others...even in nature.

It's obvious you're hear to preach.  You're not hear to 'communicate' or 'make friends' lol.  Some people are so full of shit.

I'm not here to preach. It's a discussion. I have already stated that I have explored the concepts and am unwilling to compromise on those concepts to make people feel better here. This doesn't mean that I dislike anyone nor am "trolling". Two atoms run into each and sometimes they bond and sometimes they don't. Would you feel like I am communicating/communing if we explored the science of relationships? It's pretty interesting. We could certainly endeavor.

I'm not here to preach. It's a discussion. I have already stated that I have explored the concepts and am unwilling to compromise on those concepts to make people feel better here. This doesn't mean that I dislike anyone nor am "trolling". Two atoms run into each and sometimes they bond and sometimes they don't. Would you feel like I am communicating/communing if we explored the science of relationships? It's pretty interesting. We could certainly endeavor.

The infinite is calling to you via atomic ionization. Can you hear it? It can be difficult to know where to begin.

You may be ruled by ego without realizing it. Do not let it extinguish the growth of your vision quest. Desire is born in the gap where conscious living has been excluded. We can no longer afford to live with delusion.

You must take a stand against illusion. Yes, it is possible to exterminate the things that can disrupt us, but not without serenity on our side. Only a being of the biosphere may discover this rekindling of energy

- New Age Bullshit Generator

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

• Like 1

The infinite is calling to you via atomic ionization.

This is priceless.

End, I don't think that anyone would argue with you that exchanging information is how people get to know one another, and that to the extent they do that a relationship will grow. Where are you going with that?

End, I don't think that anyone would argue with you that exchanging information is how people get to know one another, and that to the extent they do that a relationship will grow. Where are you going with that?

Just putting it out there for NZ. She solicited.

The interesting thing is Sagan can say we are all "starstuff" and everyone will lose their panties for that one.... Seems rather double-standardy to me.

Yes you already talked about the "science of relationships" and that it proved the existence of your god.  That's called preaching. Try to disguise it as communing all you want, but people here are smart enough to know what's going on.

• Like 1

Are we really having a serious discussion based on what a bullshit generator said?

Doesn't that happen all the time anyway?

Shhhh! The bullshit generator in question probably doesn't even realize that another bullshit generator produced the OP.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Would you feel like I am communicating/communing if we explored the science of relationships? It's pretty interesting. We could certainly endeavor.

Didn't we already try that in a recent thread of your own design?

The interesting thing is Sagan can say we are all "starstuff" and everyone will lose their panties for that one.... Seems rather double-standardy to me.

I know *I* lose *my* panties over it. Is there something else I should be losing them over?

We are stardust…probably 3rd generation stardust. I think that's friggin' AWESOME.

• Like 1

Would you feel like I am communicating/communing if we explored the science of relationships? It's pretty interesting. We could certainly endeavor.

Your buddies note that I am not practicing what I "preach". Was offering to hear them on their terms........again.

End, if you run the New Age Bullshit Generator for yourself, will you get a different answer?

you are not even saying anything now you just stringing words together in the hope it makes you seem cogent. it isn't.

It does not matter how long you listen, the time to stop is never.

No one is saying you have to agree but don't think you can come in here and spout your particular brand of nonsense and people will just eat it up and praise you for it.

You make a claim in your response to me with no evidence of any kind just a claim. "even in nature", OH? in what way between what things? Give one example of whatever it is your are talking about so we at least can comment to that rather than the random nonsense you leave most of the time.

Sorry but most people that have any respect for Carl Sagan have it for how he actually furthered his fields with hard fucking work and a life of dedication to his craft.

I had a lot of respect for him in his life and will talk about the value of his methods and ideas in his death. He had far better ideas about nonviolence and acceptance than any christian I have ever met, even the nicest and most humble.

All starstuff is is another way of referring to the reality that is what we actually are. We are the elements of this universe combined in yet another way. There is nothing magical about it nothing poetic just realistic. If people choose a little hereo worship for a guy that gave everything he could to further something so the rest of us could understand it a little better I can say they have choosen wisely compared to some figures we hold high as hereos in the last hundred years.

You can try and poop on Carl and science all you like but in the end its work and message speak for itself.

• Like 1

Actually End... yes, you are here to preach.

You may not think you are and you may not believe you are, but in fact, you are.

You're preaching because the very things you're unwilling to compromise on are the very things that you need to compromise on if we explore the science of relationships.... objectively.

The science of relationships doesn't begin with your personal and subjective beliefs about it.

The science of relationships is objective, not subjective.  Therefore, so long as you're unwilling to move (compromise) from your subjective position on this, we're never going to agree, even on where to start.

The science of relationships is, by definition, objective and not subjective End.

We shouldn't have to conform to your subjective beliefs (that you're unwilling to compromise on) about relationships.

You should conform to the objectivity of relational science and then we can go from there.

This is an impasse.  Deadlock.  A stand-off.

You refuse to do what's necessary and we refuse to do what you want of us.  You won't hear what we have to say on our terms because doing that requires you to be objective and you won't do that.

It's up to you (not us) to break the deadlock, End.

Over to you.

BAA.

I'll take Sagan's, "We are star stuff." and, "We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself." (Did I get the last one right? Doesn't matter -- He would never condemn me for it) over Jesus's, "Kill your brother for not thinking like me" or "Hate your family and love me." any day of the freakin' eternity!

One of those scenarios does indeed lead to a more "intimate relationship" and greater understanding of oneself and even genuine truth. The other -- nothing more than absolute tyranny...

If you ever get to a point where you're able to tell the difference, End, THEN perhaps we'll listen to what you have to say about relationships. Heck -- we might even be willing to take your advice on parts of the matter.

But you don't know the difference. And will never know the true freedom of mind and genuine awe that comes as a sweet side-dish to actually knowing (NOT believing) what a healthy relationship is.

The sad reality is, you believe the latter of the examples above is healthy while believing the former is bullshit.

That is a prime example of how twisted your religion has made you. It is also a prime example why most of us here can't -- or won't -- hear what you have to say on the matter.

Because we KNOW how fucked up and downright diabolical your source of information on the matter is -- most of us show contempt for, and want nothing at all to do with your particular brand of "love" and "intimacy" for our own relationship(s).

• Like 1

Your buddies note that I am not practicing what I "preach". Was offering to hear them on their terms........again.

Please describe what you think our terms are, End.

Please note that if you don't give the right answer, then you were only offering to hear what you mistakenly thought our terms were.

So what do you think our terms are?

Y'all are amazing. NZ solicited an opinion. Then people put in a few comments....honest discussion, and now somehow it's turned in to a hate session. I had hopes it was actually going to stay discussion like. Not going to go down the tubes with y'all.

Y'all are amazing. NZ solicited an opinion. Then people put in a few comments....honest discussion, and now somehow it's turned in to a hate session. I had hopes it was actually going to stay discussion like. Not going to go down the tubes with y'all.

Once again you come to the Lion's Den on an Ex-Christian website, as a Christian, then complain about it.  It's kind of weird.  Like you have a martyr complex but whine about the persecution.

Come to think of it, I remember Christians doing that in the past.  It like they feed on people not agreeing with their beliefs.

• Like 2

Once again you come to the Lion's Den on an Ex-Christian website, as a Christian, then complain about it.  It's kind of weird.  Like you have a martyr complex but whine about the persecution.

It is strange Mikey that NZ started this after about a week ago telling me to "leave us alone". It's also weird that y'all can't be civil regardless of how many time someone asks.

Please describe what you think our terms are, End.

Please note that if you don't give the right answer, then you were only offering to hear what you mistakenly thought our terms were.

So what do you think our terms are?

I'm going to respond to this because it illustrates my point. Science can't tell me the right answer. I have only one other option, faith. OR, BAA, that we endeavor in a relationship to find common ground by communing.

It is strange Mikey that NZ started this after about a week ago telling me to "leave us alone". It's also weird that y'all can't be civil regardless of how many time someone asks.

If you can listen to a little reason.. you don't seem to know where you are or what you're doing.  This is a website for Ex-Christians.  You're trying to prove God to people who just escaped or are escaping a dysfunctional Christian life.  They aren't going to go along with you, and you should understand why if you have any capacity to think of others instead of just yourself.  But that's something I doubt you can understand.

• Like 1

The problem is that the Den just isn't set up for the kind of conversation you want to have, End. I understand where you're coming from.