Goodbye Jesus

Grace Is The Knowledge Of Inseparability, And Of Us.

FreeThinkerNZ

The problem is that the Den just isn't set up for the kind of conversation you want to have, End. I understand where you're coming from.

End is not here to just have conversation or commune like he claims, if he did why would he do it on an Ex-Christian website?  See how that doesn't really add up?  If he was just honest and admitted that he was here to push his beliefs on others like every good Christian is supposed to, then maybe this could go somewhere.

• Like 2

The problem is that the Den just isn't set up for the kind of conversation you want to have, End. I understand where you're coming from.

End is not here to just have conversation or commune like he claims, if he did why would he do it on an Ex-Christian website?  See how that doesn't really add up?  If he was just honest and admitted that he was here to push his beliefs on others like every good Christian is supposed to, then maybe this could go somewhere.

I don't think he is trying to push his beliefs right now at this moment, but he'll have to speak for himself on that account.

Would you feel like I am communicating/communing if we explored the science of relationships? It's pretty interesting. We could certainly endeavor.

Didn't we already try that in a recent thread of your own design?

Your buddies note that I am not practicing what I "preach". Was offering to hear them on their terms........again.

Please describe what you think our terms are, End.

Please note that if you don't give the right answer, then you were only offering to hear what you mistakenly thought our terms were.

So what do you think our terms are?

I'm going to respond to this because it illustrates my point. Science can't tell me the right answer. I have only one other option, faith. OR, BAA, that we endeavor in a relationship to find common ground by communing.

The right answer?

You already know what the right answer is, End?

And you already know that science cannot give it to you?

And you already know that you only have one option open to you?

Hmmm... seems to me that you've already know (have decided) what the 'right' answer is.

So there's not much point in me communing with you if you already know the answer you want, is there? (rhetorical question, btw.)

If you already know the answer you want, then we won't be sharing anything, End.

We won't be sharing, communing, discussing or even debating.  The flow will be in one direction only - from you, forcing me to conform to the answer you want and you being unwilling to compromise (your words) in the other direction.

As I said before, that's not a dialog, that's a monolog.

Or in your case, since the answer you want is a religious one - that's preaching.

BAA

• Like 3

If you already know the answer you want, then we won't be sharing anything, End.

We won't be sharing, communing, discussing or even debating.  The flow will be in one direction only - from you, forcing me to conform to the answer you want and you being unwilling to compromise (your words) in the other direction.

Absolutely, the 'common ground' he's referring to is the message he's trying to preach to us.  Many times religious people don't understand that not everyone needs to believe like they do.

Y'all are amazing. NZ solicited an opinion. Then people put in a few comments....honest discussion, and now somehow it's turned in to a hate session. I had hopes it was actually going to stay discussion like. Not going to go down the tubes with y'all.

I'm curious about your version of Christianity, because it must be very unorthodox. Following these threads is frustrating, because they always degenerate without shedding light on your mysterious beliefs.

Maybe everybody else knows what you believe, and with stomachs growling they prefer to pounce on you immediately? Or maybe nobody has been able to grasp what you believe even after they give you time to explain it?

• Like 3

Y'all are amazing. NZ solicited an opinion. Then people put in a few comments....honest discussion, and now somehow it's turned in to a hate session. I had hopes it was actually going to stay discussion like. Not going to go down the tubes with y'all.

Actually I didn't solicit your opinion.  I ironically posted a quote I generated using a New Age Bullshit Generator (which most people find extremely funny) and suggested you would probably like to engage with the quoted stuff, which turned out to be true.  

Once again you come to the Lion's Den on an Ex-Christian website, as a Christian, then complain about it.  It's kind of weird.  Like you have a martyr complex but whine about the persecution.

It is strange Mikey that NZ started this after about a week ago telling me to "leave us alone". It's also weird that y'all can't be civil regardless of how many time someone asks.

See my comments above.  This thread is about sharing a source of ironic humour.  An appropriate response would have been "haha, FTNZ, that's funny".  We'all are plenty civil with you, End.

• Like 2

I'm curious about your version of Christianity, because it must be very unorthodox.

It's not difficult. My view of God is that He is seen through relationships, i.e. communing with others. The object being, acquiring the wisdom, or logos, to provide others the quality we define as life and love. Given we are within creation, and created, the only option we have for providing others with this information is by faith, specifically in that One who brought it, Jesus.

Ah... so now we know what End3's 'right answer' is.

It's not difficult. My view of God is that He is seen through relationships, i.e. communing with others. The object being, acquiring the wisdom, or logos, to provide others the quality we define as life and love. Given we are within creation, and created, the only option we have for providing others with this information is by faith, specifically in that One who brought it, Jesus.

We're ex-Christians, we don't believe in your Jesus and most don't believe in a God at all, therefore correlation between your God and relationships is non-existent in our view, because we don't believe in your God. 

If you really want to find common ground, you should consider finding it in something else besides your faith, because we don't have your faith, nor do we want it.

• Like 1

Yep, until I get spagetified in a passing black hole...

So how long has this been your 'right answer', End?

Yep, until I get spagetified in a passing black hole...

So how long has this been your 'right answer', End?

I don't know specifically. It changes over time with experience and knowledge. You and I have already had a conversation about salvation being a process...

End, maybe this will shed some light on these matters:

"The goal of ultrasonic energy is to plant the seeds of flow rather than delusion. Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is being. Energy is the richness of flow, and of us. You must take a stand against yearning.

Where there is illusion, chi cannot thrive. Only a visitor of the cosmos may release this unifying of grace. The complexity of the present time seems to demand an ennobling of our chakras if we are going to survive.

We must develop ourselves and enlighten others. The future will be a cosmic blossoming of self-actualization. Soon there will be a redefining of purpose the likes of which the cosmos has never seen.

We are being called to explore the totality itself as an interface between faith and nature. It is a sign of things to come. It is time to take healing to the next level.

Through alternative medicine, our bodies are engulfed in hope. Astrology may be the solution to what’s holding you back from a magnificent current of passion.  It can be difficult to know where to begin. Although you may not realize it, you are sublime. Have you found your myth?" 

Then again, maybe it won't.

• Super Moderator

I'm curious about your version of Christianity, because it must be very unorthodox.

I would argue that we can acquire enough wisdom through human experience to provide others the quality we define as life and love without the need for gods or faith.  In fact, that's kind of what we humanists do.

"The goal of ultrasonic energy is to plant the seeds of flow rather than delusion. Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is being. Energy is the richness of flow, and of us. You must take a stand against yearning.

Where there is illusion, chi cannot thrive. Only a visitor of the cosmos may release this unifying of grace. The complexity of the present time seems to demand an ennobling of our chakras if we are going to survive.

We must develop ourselves and enlighten others. The future will be a cosmic blossoming of self-actualization. Soon there will be a redefining of purpose the likes of which the cosmos has never seen.

We are being called to explore the totality itself as an interface between faith and nature. It is a sign of things to come. It is time to take healing to the next level.

Through alternative medicine, our bodies are engulfed in hope. Astrology may be the solution to what’s holding you back from a magnificent current of passion.  It can be difficult to know where to begin. Although you may not realize it, you are sublime. Have you found your myth?" 

As I recall, you thought it curious that someone bit a piece of the turd before. I find that pretty much fits with people hearing in their own language and understanding. Given that we would WANT to, I'm sure we could dissect this latest "piece" and have people respond with "THAT'S IT!".

The interesting thing is Sagan can say we are all "starstuff" and everyone will lose their panties for that one.... Seems rather double-standardy to me.

Fuck Carl Sagan. There, I blasphemed. :-) Fuck Steven Hawking! Fuck Richard Dawkins! Fuck Christopher Hitchens! Fuck Neil DeGrasse Tyson! Fuck Sam Harris! Fuck Lawrence Krauss! Fuck Bill Nye the Science Guy! Hey, that was fun!

lol.

I would argue that we can acquire enough wisdom through human experience to provide others the quality we define as life and love without the need for gods or faith.  In fact, that's kind of what we humanists do.

Yes, what is the term for new stuff as a result of some new organization.....resultant something? Ah, emergent properties? So you are saing this wisdom's origin is via emergence?

The interesting thing is Sagan can say we are all "starstuff" and everyone will lose their panties for that one.... Seems rather double-standardy to me.

Fuck Carl Sagan. There, I blasphemed. :-) Fuck Steven Hawking! Fuck Richard Dawkins! Fuck Christopher Hitchens! Fuck Neil DeGrasse Tyson! Fuck Sam Harris! Fuck Lawrence Krauss! Fuck Bill Nye the Science Guy! Hey, that was fun!

lol.

Ok, that was funny.

It might be interesting to drill-down into different parts of your belief to see if it makes sense.

For instance "My view of God is that He is seen through relationships".

- Do you mean God is an emergent property of relationship in physical systems (like a universal consciousness or pantheism or panentheism)?

- Do you mean studying the relationships in the physical systems shows the design goals of God (like deism)?

- Do you mean getting to know another human (as opposed to an animal) tells us something about God?

I bet it would take some time to explain all of what you said, but it would be interesting.

As I recall, you thought it curious that someone bit a piece of the turd before. I find that pretty much fits with people hearing in their own language and understanding. Given that we would WANT to, I'm sure we could dissect this latest "piece" and have people respond with "THAT'S IT!".

Lol, I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

• Like 1

lol.

Some of us female (and gay/bisexual male) sapiosexuals would quite like to fuck some of those.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Yes, what is the term for new stuff as a result of some new organization.....resultant something? Ah, emergent properties? So you are saing this wisdom's origin is via emergence?

No, the wisdom's origin is evolution.  Our species has evolved with a brain capable of abstract thought, insight, and adaptability toward new ideas and information, all of which can be used to express ourselves to those with whom we relate.

The fear of the lord is not the beginning of wisdom.  The use of one's critical thinking skills is.

Lol, I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.

Maybe I will start my own BS generator site....www.wordsaladbs.com

• Super Moderator

It is grace that bends the spoon, though there is no spoon. The quantum reality rejoices at our folly.

Namaste, bitches.

It is grace that bends the spoon, though there is no spoon. The quantum reality rejoices at our folly.

Namaste, bitches.

Where do I get a spoon? Do I need one? Mama used to make Namaste with we were little...