Goodbye Jesus

Grace Is The Knowledge Of Inseparability, And Of Us.

FreeThinkerNZ

Choose a definition of communion, and while we're at it, Communion, and run with it.  For. the. love. of. God. or. science. please.

Here, like this: Communion means...

or like this: communion means...

Nobody has to agree so long as everyone agrees, OK? 

End3, we can commune. You and everyone on this forum can commune. You and God can commune too, but like I said before, laying on my back naked in the green grass is only communion if the grass is communing back, even if the grass is God only in my mind.

BAA, No offense, my brainiac friend, because I like you and think you are cool. But...ease up on the legalism a little. Let the man talk. Don't get lost in semantics. Pick a definition, even if it's a dangerous one, and deal with it.

Remember the two Lazaruses in the original Star Trek locked into eternal battle.....   :-)

Ha!  

Some of us dust-covered fossils actually watched those episodes... first-time round!  

No friggin' repeats.  No reruns!  No such thing as wideo (as Chekhov might say) recordings!  

But which one is End and which one is me?  Lazarus or Anti-Lazarus?

Lazarus.jpg

lazarus.jpg

wink.png

BAA

Goodbye Jesus

And this all springs from a snippet from a bullshit generator...

Yeah but, I think that I just now learned that --

communication + woo = communion

So its all good!

Yes! Finally, someone has made sense of all this BS.  Thank you for that.

Think what you want NZ. When you have someone or something die that means the world to you and then it's gone, ask yourself if the quality of that relationship wasn't as close to God as there could be on this earth.

I think when we can learn to appreciate just the fact that there IS a relationship, good or bad, and especially good, then we are at the point of living....life....eternal life.

You couch it in whatever terms or language you wish, but am pretty sure that is what the Bible is trying to convey.

Yes humans fear death, their own and others, but that is no reason to believe in an imaginary sky daddy.  On the contrary, I found that the belief that we will see loved ones again interfered with a healthy grieving process of accepting the loss fully.

I'm pretty sure the bible was trying to convey a totalitarian mind control regime designed to control the population, but we can agree to disagree.

<snip?

I'm pretty sure the bible was trying to convey a totalitarian mind control regime designed to control the population, but we can agree to disagree.

No NZ, It just really proves to you that Innocence exists as reckless potential and that good health undertakes self-righteous creativity.

<snip?

No NZ, It just really proves to you that Innocence exists as reckless potential and that good health undertakes self-righteous creativity.

Exactly! And if she'd just miss the point entirely, she would come to a full understanding!

Someone already mentioned the bible as being the original bullshit generator, right?

Someone already mentioned the bible as being the original bullshit generator, right?

I think Florduh did.

And this all springs from a snippet from a bullshit generator...

Yeah but, I think that I just now learned that --

communication + woo = communion

So its all good!

Yes! Finally, someone has made sense of all this BS.  Thank you for that.

Think what you want NZ. When you have someone or something die that means the world to you and then it's gone, ask yourself if the quality of that relationship wasn't as close to God as there could be on this earth.

I think when we can learn to appreciate just the fact that there IS a relationship, good or bad, and especially good, then we are at the point of living....life....eternal life.

You couch it in whatever terms or language you wish, but am pretty sure that is what the Bible is trying to convey.

Yes humans fear death, their own and others, but that is no reason to believe in an imaginary sky daddy.  On the contrary, I found that the belief that we will see loved ones again interfered with a healthy grieving process of accepting the loss fully.

Interesting that I'll never see you again is more healing for you than I'll see you again. It's not a stretch to understand why you don't believe God is in the relationships. Yes, not a problem to agree to disagree.

Ah... good!  smile.png  End's online.

Could you please look at post # 174 End and then answer this question?

"What must each of us do to stay equal to the others, when it comes to the definition of the word communion?"

To help you out some more, here's a bit more explanation.

EACH OF US ...refers to you, me, Orbit, theProf, Fweethawt and anyone else involved in finding a working definition of the word communion.

DO ...refers to the action each of us must take when agreeing on the meaning of that working definition.

TO STAY EQUAL ...refers to our status re: each other, which must at all times be totally equal to each other.

Please factor these points into your answer to the above question.

Thanks,

BAA.

"What must each of us do to stay equal to the others, when it comes to the definition of the word communion?"

EACH OF US ...refers to you, me, Orbit, theProf, Fweethawt and anyone else involved in finding a working definition of the word communion.

DO ...refers to the action each of us must take when agreeing on the meaning of that working definition.

TO STAY EQUAL ...refers to our status re: each other, which must at all times be totally equal to each other.

Thanks,

BAA.

We wont ever be equal imo, so compromise is the only option with regard to communion.

• Super Moderator

Thanks,

BAA.

We wont ever be equal imo, so compromise is the only option with regard to communion.

Then do you see me as your superior, or your inferior?

Thanks,

BAA.

Then do you see me as your superior, or your inferior?

That's a good thought. I typically see people with higher intellect as superior and lower inferior....to generalize.

How about we just agree agree that an objective definition is one that is true for all of us; a common definition would be one that does not include religion. How about we call it human interaction?

• Like 1

How about we just agree agree that an objective definition is one that is true for all of us; a common definition would be one that does not include religion. How about we call it human interaction?

Good, how do we do that.

Good, how do we do that.

I think we just did.

Good, how do we do that.

I think we just did.

No, I breathe different air, I eat different foods, my body is programmed differently. So everything is subjective right down to every microsecond that I am alive. So what now.

No, I breathe different air, I eat different foods, my body is programmed differently. So everything is subjective right down to every microsecond that I am alive. So what now.

What now?

Well, firstly, thanks for sticking around and for answering my question, End.  

You didn't have to do that.  Nobody forced you to do that.  You exercised your free will, made the choice and answered the question.  

And I thank you for doing so.

But in the light of your above quote, I really must ask you some serious questions.

Are you saying that you don't have the ability to choose to be less subjective than you are?

Are you saying that you don't have any free will, when it comes to your subjectivity?

Are you saying that you are trapped in your own subjectivity and unable to escape from it?

Are you saying that there's nothing you can do to be less subjective than you are right now?

Thanks,

BAA.

Must be a tough time at work, each employee having his own private definitions for words. How do you ever commune-icate?

Thanks,

BAA.

Btw End.

In this forum our status is that of equals.  

You don't have any power to get me to agree to something that if I don't want to.  And vice versa.  And so it goes for everyone here - equally.  Each of us has the very same freedom to agree or disagree with each other.

Please confirm that you appreciate this as an undeniable fact of this forum's workings.

Thanks,

BAA

• Like 1

What now?

You didn't have to do that.  Nobody forced you to do that.  You exercised your free will, made the choice and answered the question.  

But in the light of your above quote, I really must ask you some serious questions.

Are you saying that you don't have the ability to choose to be less subjective than you are?

Are you saying that you don't have any free will, when it comes to your subjectivity?

Are you saying that you are trapped in your own subjectivity and unable to escape from it?

Are you saying that there's nothing you can do to be less subjective than you are right now?

Thanks,

BAA.

1) How do you know that my "make-up/physiology" doesn't specifically drive my subjectivity?

2) Yes, I think I do.

3) Yes, I think I'm trapped in my personal subjectivity.

4) Yes, I can sacrifice my own subjectivity....aka "die to self"

Must be a tough time at work, each employee having his own private definitions for words. How do you ever commune-icate?

By endeavoring in a relationship smile.png.

What now?

Thanks,

BAA.

1)How do you know that my "make-up/physiology" doesn't specifically drive my subjectivity?

2) Yes, I think I do.

If you trapped in your own personal prison cell of subjectivity, End

By endeavoring in a relationship smile.png.

But how can you have a relationship with anyone if you're trapped inside your own subjectivity?

By dying to yourself?

Please give us a worked example of this from your life.

Thanks,

BAA.

What now?

Thanks,

BAA.

1) How do you know that my "make-up/physiology" doesn't specifically drive my subjectivity?

2) Yes, I think I do.

#1.  You aren't able to give a Yes or No on this?

#2.  You do have the free will to change...?

#3.  But you're also trapped and unable to change...?

#4.  Please cite a worked example from your life.

Thanks,

BAA.

A man locked in a sealed prison cell cannot communicate with the outside world.

A man locked in a sealed prison cell can communicate with the outside world.

This total contradiction is resolved by the man 'dying to himself'...?

Please explain, End.

But how can you have a relationship with anyone if you're trapped inside your own subjectivity?

As we can't define a dynamic subjectivity, then FAITH is all we have....and prediction.

#1.  You aren't able to give a Yes or No on this?

#2.  You do have the free will to change...?

#3.  But you're also trapped and unable to change...?

#4.  Please cite a worked example from your life.

1) Right, I am unsure.

2) To change what?

3) Yes, subjectivity is unshared.

4) ??