Goodbye Jesus

Grace Is The Knowledge Of Inseparability, And Of Us.

FreeThinkerNZ

That's kind of all I was looking for, for a long time now.....an admission that science doesn't have the capability to do objective past a given complexity.

Seems insurmountable to study....

Can we get an admission that religion can't do objective at all?

I don't know that to be true Prof. Seems like there are more vague mechanisms, but mechanisms nonetheless. I understand your point, just not sure I want to make that admission without being clear about it in my mind....which I'm not.

end3:

No, science does not have all the answers to everything you can come up with. No such claim has been made.

On the other hand, religion has so far provided no answers whatsoever while claiming to have them all. Certain questions such as "why are we here" and others have no testable answers; we can only guess and apply wishful thinking or emotional satisfaction. When we make such a guess we call that philosophy, when we claim it's a fact we call that religion.

- Your Favorite Jackass

Couldn't find a picture of a donkey wearing a Viking helmet....

Y'all use your intellect to hurt people.

This is a forum for Ex-Christians. You come here trying to preach and cry foul when we don't like it.   It's like a guy going to a meeting for abused women and complaining that men aren't getting the respect they deserve in the meeting.  

• Like 1

Now this is... VERY ...interesting!

My questions about End's family, friends and workmates were NOT motivated by a desire to hurt him.

Anyone else here think that I'm trying to hurt End3 or that I wish him harm?

BAA.

• Super Moderator

That's kind of all I was looking for, for a long time now.....an admission that science doesn't have the capability to do objective past a given complexity.

I don't know that to be true Prof. Seems like there are more vague mechanisms, but mechanisms nonetheless. I understand your point, just not sure I want to make that admission without being clear about it in my mind....which I'm not.

Could you explain how believing in ancient myths without any evidence of their validity can be done objectively?

• Super Moderator

Now this is... VERY ...interesting!

My questions about End's family, friends and workmates were NOT motivated by a desire to hurt him.

Anyone else here think that I'm trying to hurt End3 or that I wish him harm?

BAA.

No.  I didn't see anything in your post that I thought was intended to hurt.  I think End3 sometimes sees injury where none is intended.  He once thought I was trying to discredit or slander him when all I was really doing was holding him accountable for saying he'd do something and then not doing it.

This Lion scents something rotten in End's accusation against me.

This Lion sniffs the air and smells a cornered Christian!

This Lion really, REALLY wants to know why End wants to play the persecution card right now.

Especially when his honest answers to my harmless questions will tell us why objectivity is impossible for him in this forum, but easy for him, outside of it.

Oh dear, End!

My interest is aroused now... and you just know that I never quit once I start something! 

smile.png

BAA

This Lion really, REALLY wants to know why End wants to play the persecution card right now.

Many Christians feel like they need to be persecuted to validate their faith.  So they go to the one place where they know they'll be attacked.  End is probably getting exactly what he came for now.. using us for his own validation.

• Like 1

BAA, thanks, I already know my motivation and why I am triggered to action. If I wanted you to know, I would have told you. Regardless, it's not right to use intellect to hurt people. And I understand that people need time to recover, but I feel sure they will come around to a point of stopping. Most folks, not all. It takes time.

BAA, thanks, I already know my motivation and why I am triggered to action. If I wanted you to know, I would have told you. Regardless, it's not right to use intellect to hurt people. And I understand that people need time to recover, but I feel sure they will come around to a point of stopping. Most folks, not all. It takes time.

It's not nice to preach religion to people who just left it.  And on top of that whine when they don't accept you.   It's honestly a pretty shitty thing to do.   One of the reasons people leave Christianity is there are so many people in it without conscience

• Like 1

Could you explain how believing in ancient myths without any evidence of their validity can be done objectively?

Soft science?????

It's not nice to preach religion to people who just left it.  And on top of that whine when they don't accept you.   It's honestly a pretty shitty thing to do.   One of the reasons people leave Christianity is there are so many people in it without conscience.

If I thought I were honestly hurting someone on a core level, I wouldn't. Read the rules of the Lion's Den Mike. They let Christians in to discuss.

Let me add Mike that I have hurt some people here to the core.....and I have apologized when I found out. I am sure there are other I don't know about.

• Super Moderator

As I said before, End3, there was nothing in BAA's post that was intended to hurt you.  His staggering intellect was not a weapon aimed at you; it was aimed at the conclusion he wanted you and others to be able to draw.

• Super Moderator

Soft science?????

That's not an explanation; that's a dodge.

• Like 1

As I said before, End3, there was nothing in BAA's post that was intended to hurt you.  His staggering intellect was not a weapon aimed at you; it was aimed at the conclusion he wanted you and others to be able to draw.

Yes, and had I told him my motivation(s), there would be a number of people here use it as a means to hurt.

Ok, probably so. We would assume that all complex systems (pardon my lack of the correct terminology), behave by the rules of the less complex. Would you agree or disagree. That emergent properties really should be predictable if we had the computational capability.

It's not nice to preach religion to people who just left it.  And on top of that whine when they don't accept you.   It's honestly a pretty shitty thing to do.   One of the reasons people leave Christianity is there are so many people in it without conscience.

If I thought I were honestly hurting someone on a core level, I wouldn't. Read the rules of the Lion's Den Mike. They let Christians in to discuss.

I wasn't talking about hurting someone, just about shitty actions.  Sure Christians can come here if they want, but when they complain about the anti-Christian attitude, they might consider where they are.  Not understanding that very simple concept tells me there are other emotional motives in the Christian. Some might just like to argue, or want to be persecuted, or want to feel brave, or may think they can change someone's mind.  Regardless, it's all selfish and shows a lack of character.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Ok, probably so. We would assume that all complex systems (pardon my lack of the correct terminology), behave by the rules of the less complex. Would you agree or disagree. That emergent properties really should be predictable if we had the computational capability.

Still not sure what this has to do with objectively believing in ancient myths without a shred of evidence as to their validity.  You're not trying to change the subject, are you?

I wasn't talking about hurting someone, just about shitty actions.  Sure Christians can come here if they want, but when they complain about the anti-Christian attitude, they might consider where they are.  Not understanding that very simple concept tells me there are other emotional motives in the Christian. Some might just like to argue, or want to be persecuted, or want to feel brave, or may think they can change someone's mind.  Regardless, it's all selfish and shows a lack of character.

And tearing people with a different belief apart is somehow fucking wonderful Mike??? Did you read where I said it takes time for people to recover? You do realize that people turn to Christianity sometimes because some non-believing asshole fucked them over???/ You with me Mike or are you stuck in your own selfishness. Catch a clue dude.

Still not sure what this has to do with objectively believing in ancient myths without a shred of evidence as to their validity.  You're not trying to change the subject, are you?

Good God Prof. What I am trying to say is if I have a subjective belief in whatever, it's probably objectively derived. Doesn't matter the belief.

And tearing people with a different belief apart is somehow fucking wonderful Mike??? Did you read where I said it takes time for people to recover? You do realize that people turn to Christianity sometimes because some non-believing asshole fucked them over???/ You with me Mike or are you stuck in your own selfishness. Catch a clue dude.

You're a Christian bitching at Ex-Christians on their own website.  If you were actually trying to leave Christianity, we would know.  We've been there.  

Sure someone can turn to Christianity because of the actions of another.  Sounds like you're here to validate your faith, at our expense of course.

• Like 1

What was the point of all this again?

Good God Prof. What I am trying to say is if I have a subjective belief in whatever, it's probably objectively derived. Doesn't matter the belief.

Are there some facts from which you objectively derived your belief in Jesus?

Ok Prof.

So if I am unique, and others are unique, then each human system is a dynamic "singularity" via the forces on that system.

now what?