Goodbye Jesus

Christianity Is Perverted

mymistake

Conclude - to form or state (an opinion) : to decide (something) after a period of thought or research

Believe -:  to hold an opinion

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/believer

Since you believe I am a Chrisitan, I conclude you are a believer.

You care committing a fallacy.  If you change context or meaning it renders the thought invalid.  The way

you are using "believer" is meaningless because anybody conscious would qualify.  But you are not going

to use "believer" to talk about the entire set of conscious people.  Unless your intent was to troll you have

failed.

Justus' intent seems to be to 'win' at every point, no matter what it takes and to hell with truth, integrity and honesty.

.......and never mind we are still waiting for (logical) answers to the questions that were asked on this thread and a few others.

Wouldn't it blow your mind BAA, if he actually tried to defend his side using rational explanations instead of what we are getting? I know it would me.

Justus' intent seems to be to 'win' at every point, no matter what it takes and to hell with truth, integrity and honesty.

And ironically, he doesn't realize that the methods he incorporates cause him to lose.

verbum acetaria.

All men are not believers. God and The Holy Ghost are both fiction so cannot be responsible for anything.

So you believe there is no God, correct?

I didn't say that all men have faith.

Most of the time (when I'm not here) I don't think about God. Belief is active thought. So if I'm not thinking about God I'm not actively believing there is not one. If that's what you're getting at. So functionally I'm an atheist most of the time, just like you when you're not thinking of God.

Other times I believe that I and the universe are as one, which to me is a much better deal than fear, guilt and shame which are the foundations of Christianity. I don't need to assume some supernatural idea to be one with the universe. It's natural.

And when I come here to Ex-c, I'm just an agnostic because people like easy labels.

• Like 1

Conclude - to form or state (an opinion) : to decide (something) after a period of thought or research

Believe -:  to hold an opinion

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/believer

Since you believe I am a Chrisitan, I conclude you are a believer.

Now that we're down to dictionary definitions, who really gives a fuck?

What does the word perverted mean? It means you take what is natural and turn it into something

unnatural. That is exactly what Christianity does to a healthy sex drive.

http://fiddlrts.blogspot.ca/2015/05/the-duggars-how-fundamentalisms.html

The huge problem with this teaching is that it does not distinguish between having thoughts and desires, and acting on them in an inappropriate way. To the young person, just developing (one hopes) critical thinking skills, this can and does lead to problems in making decisions. After all, if one has already fallen into sexual sin in the realm of thought, why not at least get some satisfaction for the trouble. All the guilt and shame is already there, so why not try to at least get a little gratification.

and further down . . .

The idea is that women don’t really want sex. However, they trade it (and their bodies) to men in exchange for commitment - that is, a promise of lifetime financial support.

Thus, females will always want to say no to sex, so the man will have to impose on them to some degree. (Ideally for the fundie, women would - as they are taught to - give men sex on demand after marriage as their “duty” and to keep those horny men from cheating.)

Again, this makes for problems when it comes to a discussion of consent. Because women will never say “yes” voluntarily, “no” is meaningless.

The Bible ignores the concept of consent. A woman's sexuality belongs to her father until he sells it to her

husband. A woman who consents to sex on her own is a criminal who is executed. So the religion that is

based on the Bible must also ignore consent. Our sexuality belongs to God and can only be given to the

spouse that God appoints for us.

The resulting sexual repression inevitably fails and when sexual instincts slip through the cracks, all the

harmful teachings - hate for your own body, shame, guilt, submitting to authorities, hatred of women,

and unrealistic expectations - form a perfect storm. The result are all the sexual scandals that plague

Christianity. And Christian teaching about forgiveness sets the victims up to be hurt again while allowing

the predators to get away and cover their tracks.

But even if one is able to work through all the misinformation and avoid sexual crimes the reward is that

you wind up married to somebody who is equally sexually repressed and now neither one of you can turn

off the mindless guilt that was hammered into your brain all through puberty. Wellcome to your life of

sexual frustration. Christianity took what would have been healthy and turned it into something unhealthy.

Consent? Have you tasted desire yet? It's almost maddening. But yet it's not lust and definitely not want.

Ironhorse is lurking. 

He was last active yesterday, at 3:50 p.m. Selecting which near-dead thread he's going to resurrect (troll) next, perhaps? 

Which one do you think he'll go for?

Thread Title - Date of Most Recent Post.

Bono Talks Jesus - 05/24/15

Christians Don't Even Help Themselves - 05/29/15

The Best Place To Research Imaginary Science - 06/06/15

Feel Free To Criticize Me - 06/08/15

Please Help - 06/14/15

Christians - What Better God? - 06/14/15

Is The Stupidity of Christianity A Blessing? - 06/15/15

The Conquest Of Canaan - 06/15/15

Free Will - Jesus Style - 06/15/15

Murderous Voices In My Head - 06/16/15

The Missing Link - 06/17/15

Where Did God Come From? - 06/20/15

Pat Robertson Breaks His Old Record - 06/21/15

A Guide To Critical Thinking - 06/22/15

Christianity Is Perverted - 06/22/15

Are Gods To The Exclusion Of Yahweh Simply Demons - 06/23/15

God Is Good All The Time......All The Time. God Is Good. - 06/23/15

Little Zoo Of Horrors. - 06/23/15

Any Christians Here?  Help Me Resolve This Paradox. - 06/23/15

78.gif

Back on topic:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brendan-smyth-paedophile-priest-told-5932125

“Over the years of religious life it could be that I have sexually abused between 50 and 100 children. That number could even be doubled or perhaps even more.”

Where besides Christianity could a pedophile get so much power over other people to victimize all those

kids?  And for every one of these monsters who gets caught how many other priests and pastors are doing

the exact same thing?  Do the Christians even notice that God doesn't do anything to stop any of it?

Mm, I feel like I'm going to be sick after reading that. As repulsive as the story itself was, the pictures of that s.o.b. made it much worse. He looks like a clean-shaven, deranged version of Santa Claus. If I ever catch someone doing that to my kids, I'll end up in prison because I will (please excuse me for being crass) dismember him with a rusty, dull knife. Now I wish there really was a hell, cuz that pos deserves to burn in it!

I don't view threads as dead.

They are active, I think, if they have not been locked.

What do you want me to do start a slew of new threads?

I started one recently and look what happened.

I don't view threads as dead.

They are active, I think, if they have not been locked.

What do you want me to do start a slew of new threads?

I started one recently and look what happened.

I think the issue Ironhorse is that you don't often stick around and dialogue with us here. You start a thread and then don't stick around to see it through or defend your premise.

You can't just jump in somewhere out of the blue and say "God is my co-pilot!" or some such and then retreat again and expect people to take you seriously.

Many here think you are a troll. I've called you that a few times myself. It's because you act like one. 

You're obviously here for some reason. You may not have a lot of time to devote to the forum, but why don't you discuss instead of hit and run. I will if you will, and I believe a lot of others would do the same.

That's a fair question duderonmy.

- The accusations that I drop in and then avoid dialogue; I okay with members or guests deciding if that is true or not.  

- I know that if I go ballistic trying to defend  myself against accusations or insults , I will be banned.

- I'm gong to follow the rules of this forum.

- I'm here to represent my faith. That's all.

-

- The accusations that I drop in and then avoid dialogue; I okay with members or guests deciding if that is true or not.  Fair enough. I don't speak for everyone. But sometimes you seem to drop in and then avoid. It looks like you do. Can you do anything to change that perception of yourself if need be? As a Christian, do you care how others view your actions here? 

- I know that if I go ballistic trying to defend  myself against accusations or insults , I will be banned.  Maybe, but you'd have to go pretty far over the line. Can you defend your ideas? That's the only thing you should have to defend. It's when you don't or can't that the insults and accusations start to fly when it looks like you chicken out or avoid any meaningful conversation.  We used to be Christians, Ironhorse. We'd like to share with you what we think now and why. I'm sure you would like us to listen to why you still believe despite everything you've read here. It's hard on both sides if we feel like we are talking to a brick wall. One-liners have their place, but sometimes you have to get your fingernails dirty, you know?

- I'm gong to follow the rules of this forum.  We all have to do that. 

- I'm here to represent my faith. That's all. To what end, Ironhorse? To reconvert us? To torment us before our time? Can you see that as ex-Christians we were once where you are now?  Your faith was once our faith too. It's well represented in our memories. Coming off as a Christian robot or giving us a Readers' Digest version of your faith doesn't really do any good. Look deep inside yourself and then tell me why you are here.

If you can take the time to do that, you might find yourself with a little more substance here and a lot less insults. 

-

• Like 2

christianbrickwall500.jpg

With respect, Brother Jeff, the guy in this cartoon looks Jewish. Now what the hell would a Jew know about a Jewish Messiah, let alone a Christian brick wall?

• Like 1

- The accusations that I drop in and then avoid dialogue; I okay with members or guests deciding if that is true or not.  

- I know that if I go ballistic trying to defend  myself against accusations or insults , I will be banned.

-

ummm….   okay

-

Catch-22 Ironhorse!

You KNOW that you will be banned for defending your faith.

But if you don't defend it (1 Peter 3 : 15) then you're being disobedient to God.

So why stay?

(Rhetorical question, btw.)

Bye, bye!

LeslieWave.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, Christianity is perverted.  Here is a Christian leader rationalizing marital "not" rape.

http://biblicalgenderroles.com/2015/07/11/is-my-husband-raping-me/

Is it possible for a husband to abuse his wife? Yes. Is it possible for him to rape and molest his wife? From a Biblical perspective the answer is NO. Christian wives must eliminate the terms “rape” and “molester” from their vocabulary were it references their relationship with their husband.

The accusations that I don't answer questions will continue I guess.

It's a good way to discredit me.

I think I have tried to answer questions. I understand my answers are often viewed as invalid,

but what else can I say?

I have said repeatedly that I can' scientifically prove God exists.

I walk by faith, sight.

Why do I stay here?

I stay here to present, what I believe, is the Christian faith, without all the trash that has been piled on it.

You are the only one who does that.  It's just you.

Why do I stay here?

I stay here to present, what I believe, is the Christian faith, without all the trash that has been piled on it.

The irony is that you cannot see that the other 40,000 or so flavors of Christianity do the exact same thing

only with some other guy's personal preference.

• Like 2

color=rgb(40,40,40)]

Why do I stay here?[/color]

Wow. Thanks for clearing it all up for me. All along I had it all wrong.

I think I have tried to answer questions. I understand my answers are often viewed as invalid,

but what else can I say?

I walk by faith, sight.

Why do I stay here?

I would say that you do an excellent job of presenting what the Christian faith is. The Christian faith is pure fantasy and all Christians demonstrate this fact, whether they believe that is the case or not. I suppose that because of this, it is good for you to stay here, IH.

As long as you are around, then us ex-Christians can poke holes in your theology and arguments and show lurkers that this is indeed the case. It enables us to build an even stronger case against Christianity to better help people whose Christian faith is coming down around them like a house of cards in the wind, especially those who are afraid of being judged negatively by the imaginary tyrant that is the Biblical god, Yahweh, because they could no longer hold their faith together.

• Like 2

but what else can I say?

And it's been repeatedly explained to you that science doesn't prove anything - it only offers the best explanation of the available evidence.

So, in the total absence of scientific proof Ironhorse, let's see your scientific evidence.

I walk by faith, sight.

Why do I stay here?

What scientific evidence do you have for the existence of God, Ironhorse?

Not proof...evidence!

You don't want us to add the accusation of you not providing evidence to that of you not answering questions, do you?