Goodbye Jesus

Christian Groups Want To Boycott Starbucks Over "holiday" Cups

SilentLoner

Goodbye Jesus

I don't think Starbucks have their cups blank because they have a noble thought of including other religious holidays. They want to encourage their customers to doodle on the cups and post them on pinterest or facebook for free advertising. They probably got the idea from this:

https://www.pinterest.com/starbucks/starbucks-cup-art/

e199d95f69865915811b9575aec11c5a.jpg

I agree their coffee is so so. I prefer Peet's. If any of you ever go to San Francisco you should try Phil's. Phil's coffee is better. I wrote to Phil's to open a store in my area. smile.png

I have to smile when I think about the high-level starbucks planning session that must have occurred, probably nine months ago or so.  As they were trying to come up with a cup design for the holiday season that could not possibly offend anyone.  Could not possibly be construed by the religious extremists as a continuation of the "war on christmas".  

They underestimated stupid. 

I don't know why I watched the video of the cnn interview.  Of course we could all predict what he was going to say.  Except he did lie about one thing - he claimed that churches were not being allowed to display nativity scenes in front of churches.  Perhaps he confused "churches" with "courthouses".  I mean, they both start with the letter "C".   

Christianity is far enough behind me now that I no longer feel any threat from it.  A nativity scene to me is just as quaint, with it's little baby jesus and the wise men and donkey and all that, as a little display of Santa's workshop with the elves making toys and Mrs. Santa serving cookies.  

some friends on FB pointed out there is no original source for the outrage. Lots of outrage about the outrage, but no one actually expressing outrage about the cups.

Frankly, I think it's all fabricated. Someone saw an opportunity for a video to get lots of views at this time of year, by creating a "let's get Christ back in Christmas" outrage video, and we all bought into it by expressing outrage at the outrage. Google "Christian outrage starbucks cup" and also google "Joshua Feuerstein" (He is the only person I could find actual data about, regarding anyone being actually outraged...)

If it is the result of one clown, he's pretty good.  Even Trump mentioned a possible starbucks boycott.

If it's a hoax, it's only believable because of the past knee-jerk overreactions that the xian wingnuts do at christmas time.

some friends on FB pointed out there is no original source for the outrage. Lots of outrage about the outrage, but no one actually expressing outrage about the cups.

Frankly, I think it's all fabricated. Someone saw an opportunity for a video to get lots of views at this time of year, by creating a "let's get Christ back in Christmas" outrage video, and we all bought into it by expressing outrage at the outrage. Google "Christian outrage starbucks cup" and also google "Joshua Feuerstein" (He is the only person I could find actual data about, regarding anyone being actually outraged...)

Yep...

Yes, because snowflakes and snowmen are written about numerous times in the bible, don'tcha know? *eyeroll*

Well it just got better. Forget about "holiday" cups, we got ABORTION COFFEE to deal with!

Josh Feuerstein posts, then deletes, bizarre video slamming Christians for drinking ‘abortion coffee’

Viral Internet Christian sensation Josh Feuerstein may have outdone himself. How can we know this? Because a recent video he uploaded was so bizarre, he apparently had second thoughts and deleted it – but not before someone ripped it and shared it around Facebook.

http://deadstate.org/josh-feuerstein-posts-then-deletes-bizarre-video-slamming-christians-for-drinking-abortion-coffee/

facebook_1447282357882.jpg

But really, I think it was fabricated for publicity. Believable though.

I don't get why everybody has their panties in a bunch.  There were Liberal SJW type groups that wanted to boycott Chick-fil-A for their stand on gay marriage.  If you don't like boycotts, don't do them to business that don't agree with you, and maybe you won't see Christian groups trying to boycott your favorite places.  Otherwise, ya'll are just whining. 

This is what many people get it wrong. Starbucks has no decoration cup not because it is being politically correct. It is because they saw an opportunity for free marketing in the form of letting their customers doodle on the cups! They hope the customers to post the pictures of their "artworks" on social media, voila, free advertising.

There is no connection with chick-fil-a here.

• Like 2

Alien, those are great pics and funny too. Sorry I don't have enough upvotes to get them all. That first one in #43 kind of says it all. 

I don't get why everybody has their panties in a bunch. There were Liberal SJW type groups that wanted to boycott Chick-fil-A for their stand on gay marriage. If you don't like boycotts, don't do them to business that don't agree with you, and maybe you won't see Christian groups trying to boycott your favorite places. Otherwise, ya'll are just whining.

Oh they have a right to do it, it's just fucking stupid. And completely hilarious. Besides the majority of Christians don't care. Besides Starbucks isn't that great.

We did boycott chick-fil-a. I'm pretty sure homophobia is a more pressing matter than a non-existant slight towards Christianity. Besides, now homophobia doesn't work in the free market as well. We made our point.

I'm not against boycotts. If you don't want to go to Starbucks, that's fine.

Edit: I admit Starbucks has good tasting lattes. I just don't think their coffee is that great.

• Like 1

I'm going to Starbuck's in about an hour. Fuck christianity and all of their stupid fucking stupid fucks.

The Puritans tried to ban Christmas when they were in power after the English Civil War, because it wasn't Christian enough. After all, Christmas is just Saturnalia and Yule with the serial numbers filed off. It's why ham, log burning, and gift giving is compulsory for reasons nobody quite remembers anymore. Let's not even go into singing to apple trees and offering them booze, bringing an evergreen into the house, hanging up mistletoe, etc.

• Like 1