Goodbye Jesus

Have Any Of You Got Into Any Left Hand Path Religions?

bluewizard

Okay guys, I know that I said that I was done with this thread. But I just want to defend myself and say that I'm not a fundy, not even sure if I'm an atheist or not, and if I came across that way, I didn't mean to. I would never want to give off the impression that I'm a fundamentalist of any kind. If any of you knew me IRL you would not get that impression, trust me. I'm anything but.

Carry on...JP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lycorth

• HadouKen24

• Knightley

• The Sage Nabooru

Okay guys, I know that I said that I was done with this thread. But I just want to defend myself and say that I'm not a fundy, not even sure if I'm an atheist or not, and if I came across that way, I didn't mean to. I would never want to give off the impression that I'm a fundamentalist of any kind. If any of you knew me IRL you would not get that impression, trust me. I'm anything but.

Carry on...JP

'Sall good :)

Carry on...JP

sweet pea, I don't think anyone thinks that of you. You are so sweet, and we all know it. :grin:

Carry on...JP

Nah, you're no fundy. You're a decent person in my book. B)

Well, as far as I know, not having actually met you IRL.

Getting back to the topic, I've noticed the main problem is in defining what are left-hand and right-hand paths. This article might clear things up a bit.

Hmm. It seems to me that the article doesn't really cover very well the definitions used in magickal practice. According to most of the occultists I've read/spoken with, the LHP is defined as seeking enlightenment by exalting the self, and the RHP is defined as seeking enlightenment by subsuming the self in something greater or even annihilating the self. LHP methods tend to use ecstacy or excitement, while RHP methods tend to use solitary meditation and more inhibitory methods.

Of course, I'm more familiar with chaos magick than other forms of Western occultism. But I'm not entirely unschooled in ceremonial magick, Thelema, etc.