• Scott

• HuaiDan

• Ouroboros

• Lorena Rodriguez

God is not the creator.

God is not a being.

God is only the highest ideal.

Not assertations, just speculations.

It is you, me, and everybody. After all, don't you have the ability to create?

God is a mask and a mirror.

God is the reflection of a human being, worshiping an image of themselves, wearing a mask of their own ego - a caricature of themselves, in a sense. Bigger, bolder, more majestic, more of everything they are and are not.

I don't believe in god in part because I figure, why bother with the middle man? If religion is simply ego-worship, why pretend it isn't?

I don't believe in god in part because I figure, why bother with the middle man? If religion is simply ego-worship, why pretend it isn't?

Ah, so you think that believing in some sort of higher power is always tied up with religion. Do you?

God is indescribable, inconceivable, unknowable and is completely beyond any of the human preconceived notions and ideas that already exist. God is not a thing because we can only think in “things”…God goes beyond our limited mind of understanding. So God is a no-thing. God is nothing.

Or all that is complete bullshit and there is no God whatsoever. :shrug:

God is indescribable, inconceivable, unknowable and is completely beyond any of the human preconceived notions and ideas that already exist. God is not a thing because we can only think in “things”…God goes beyond our limited mind of understanding. So God is a no-thing. God is nothing.

I completely agree with that. God is the formless that makes knowing the forms possible. I have also heard God called No-thing.

I just posted this in the Colleseum ealier from the Hindu Upanishad explaning God:

"What cannot be seen with the eyes, but thereby that which the eyes can see, know that to be Brahman the Spirit. Not that which the people here adore.

What cannot be heard with the ears, but thereby that which the ears can hear, know that to be Brahman the Spirit. Not that which the people here adore.

What cannot be thought with the mind, but thereby that which the mind can think, know that to be Brahman the Spirit. Not that which the people here adore."

Ah, so you think that believing in some sort of higher power is always tied up with religion. Do you?

Hmm.

I'm not sure. I could say that I think belief in a higher power of whatever sort is usually tied up with religion, but I'm not familiar with every possible higher power belief there is out there, so I'd hesitate to say that it always is.

It seems to me that belief in a higher power of any kind is an externalization of something that's really internal, regardless of whether or not there's a religion connected to it.

But I could also be full of crap, who knows. ;)

Hmm.

I'm not sure. I could say that I think belief in a higher power of whatever sort is usually tied up with religion, but I'm not familiar with every possible higher power belief there is out there, so I'd hesitate to say that it always is.

It seems to me that belief in a higher power of any kind is an externalization of something that's really internal, regardless of whether or not there's a religion connected to it.

But I could also be full of crap, who knows. ;)

Well, I have gone full circle as apostate. I am into self-worship. :lol:

God: The Creator, the Father, love, brings peace, brings joy, brings protection, is all powerful, all knowing, all loving, the just Judge, the Holy One...

God: The Creator, the Father, love, brings peace, brings joy, brings protection, is all powerful, all knowing, all loving, the just Judge, the Holy One...

Then why is there so much war, hatred, disease and suffering in the world? Why do so many prayers go unanswered? Why does an innocent child get terminal cancer? Why do we have the concept of hell? Why do people blow themselves up and others in suicide bombings?

Jeezus fuckin christ! If this is a loving god i'd love to see an angry one!

Brings none of these things actually.

Now I feel spiritually raped.

:ugh:

Thanks a lot asshole.

Wow...sounds just like a human male.

"If horses had gods, they would look like horses."

Then why is there so much war, hatred, disease and suffering in the world? Why do so many prayers go unanswered? Why does an innocent child get terminal cancer? Why do we have the concept of hell? Why do people blow themselves up and others in suicide bombings?

Jeezus fuckin christ! If this is a loving god i'd love to see an angry one!

Because sin entered the world, and that is our fault. We live with out mistakes and that was a doozy. Because God is all powerful and all loving doesn't mean He just abolishes sin and it's effects. Sin IS here, and it will be here until the kingdom of God is on earth, with the Lord Jesus Christ ruling. Is there pain, suffering, and death? Most definately! Will God allow us to undergo hardship? Yes. Will He be there with us during this time? Of course. Do prayers go unanswered? I don't believe so. In the Book of Daniel, Daniel prayed to God for an answer and got nothing for about 21 days. Did God not answer His prayer? Yes He did. It is later revealed that on the first day Daniel prayed, the angelic messanger left heaven to bring him the answer. However, they encountered a demon spirit, and they fought with it for a long time, until they angel brought Daniel the message. It is my belief that if anyone persists in prayer, they will receive an answer. Whether or not it's the answer we want is another story all together.

Scott,

I hope you do stick around and get educated on the history of the bible and the culture from which it came.

I may stick around, but I don't plan to get "educated" here, except for the fact that I will learn what you believe. I have my beliefs, like you do.

God is undefinable. And certainly in no way subject to the definitions within a cruddy badly written book subject to the limitations of human authors with a very limited understanding of the world around them....much less anything beyond it.

So, you believe in God then?

So, you believe in God then?

"in"?

Eh.....I'll try to answer that question.

I believe there is a supreme being. A god if you will. But I do not expect god to "be" anything specific to humanity. I doubt we are more "special" than any other life form in the universe. As to how much of a role god has in our lives? Don't know. I'm not going to say it's impossible for such a being to be involved if they so wish, but I kinda feel (this is just a feeling mind you) that such a being's role is simply observation.

I do not believe in any organized religion.

Because sin entered the world, and that is our fault. We live with out mistakes and that was a doozy. Because God is all powerful and all loving doesn't mean He just abolishes sin and it's effects. Sin IS here, and it will be here until the kingdom of God is on earth, with the Lord Jesus Christ ruling. Is there pain, suffering, and death? Most definately! Will God allow us to undergo hardship? Yes. Will He be there with us during this time? Of course. Do prayers go unanswered? I don't believe so. In the Book of Daniel, Daniel prayed to God for an answer and got nothing for about 21 days. Did God not answer His prayer? Yes He did. It is later revealed that on the first day Daniel prayed, the angelic messanger left heaven to bring him the answer. However, they encountered a demon spirit, and they fought with it for a long time, until they angel brought Daniel the message. It is my belief that if anyone persists in prayer, they will receive an answer. Whether or not it's the answer we want is another story all together.

Wow, Scott, you should try telling us something we haven't heard before.

I don't know how long you've been a christian, but if you add up the years all of us sat our asses in church, we get into THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

We heard it all before, sweet heart, ALL OF IT.

I don't know how long you've been a christian, but if you add up the years all of us sat our asses in church, we get into THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

I know you've heard it before. I've been asked that question alot before too. That, I believe, is the answer.

I know you've heard it before. I've been asked that question alot before too. That, I believe, is the answer.

What question and what answer? Don't bother answering. Your patronizing tone bores me.

What question and what answer? Don't bother answering. Your patronizing tone bores me.

The question "Why is there so much pain and suffering" and the answer I gave "Sin".

The question "Why is there so much pain and suffering" and the answer I gave "Sin".

The concept of sin- what a bloody racket! It's like a worm on a fishhook. If you swallow it (if you believe it) then they've got you because you'll need a way out. Who has the answer? The Xtian Church. Who poisoned your view of life with the "sin" idea in the first place? The Xtian Church.

OK. Why do people eat? Because they get hungry

Why are children born? Because their parents had sex

Why do people die? Because we have vulnerable bodies

Why do people get cancer? Because we are depleting the environment all the time, and we have vulnerable bodies which get exposed to the dangerous elements.

Why do people starve? Because the messed up governments of this world haven't yet figured out how to share the food.

No, it isn't because of sin, or because of god. We suffer because that's the way it is. It is the cost of being alive.

Ever heard of cause and effect?

Sin? Please :Doh: