Goodbye Jesus

Conservative Website's Article On Atheism

Guest petermoore

I just wanted to let you know that there was some feedback from atheists taken into consideration and the article was updated. Secondly, there will be some additional material put in the article in the near future.

I don't trust you. And I don't think anyone else here does either. I'm pretty careful to give "feedback" to spin doctors. Somehow the contents gets lost when used as propaganda, and only bits of phrases gets used.

Sock-puppet, you are not here to discuss but only to puke your opinion over us. If you have something to discuss, well then do it, but you haven't answered anything that has been thrown back at you. If you maintain this trollish behavior I have not choice but to terminate your visit. Shape up *now*.

You've posted the same stuff on other websites, and you never engage in any debate over your assumptions. So why should we even bother?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• trashy

• Godless Wonder

Your behavior here and on other boards, and the fundamental premises already established of the article suggests that the "feedback from atheists taken into consideration" will be twisted into some sort of flawed fodder to expand the article further along the same fallacious lines it already runs.

I just wanted to let you know that there was some feedback from atheists taken into consideration and the article was updated. Secondly, there will be some additional material put in the article in the near future.

Oh Peter...how dare you make us wait! Why, the thought of your new and exciting material has me gnawing at my fingertips in anticipation :woohoo:

Just kiddin', I don't care to see your old stuff let alone anticipate the arrival of additional bullshit material.

Sock-puppet, you are not here to discuss but only to puke your opinion over us. If you have something to discuss, well then do it, but you haven't answered anything that has been thrown back at you. If you maintain this trollish behavior I have not choice but to terminate your visit. Shape up *now*.

You've posted the same stuff on other websites, and you never engage in any debate over your assumptions. So why should we even bother?

I think since he doesn't feel we are worth discussing anything with, but feels it appropriate to post links to his thoughts elsewhere for us to go read, then I think it only Christian of him to afford the same respect to us.

Peckermoore: Can we post links to articles we post here for your readers to get an education at this site?

If so, then maybe that could be considered a fair trade agreement?

Has anyone seen this conservative article on atheism: http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism ? It seems to be creating quite a stir.

Creating a stir? Where?

This is just propaganda for their readership, meant for reinforcing lies to the "faithful".

I think *he* thinks it is creating a stir... In real life not a whole lotta "stirring" going on... lol

700 hits a day? ROFLMAO I have an astrology site that has a single page on it that routinely gets over 100 THOUSAND hits a day...

I guess "astrology" is really creating a "stir"...

The funniest part of his whole article was when he defined Atheism at the top, then goes on to claim that in 1979 people started to dilute the meaning of the word to the definition he cites (ie the dictionary definition).

His problem is he sees Atheists attempting to reclaim the word as it is defined as a bad thing, because it strips away all the negative connotations religionists have tried for centuries to pile on it.

Boo hoo. Might as well argue that Christians have done the EXACT same thing with "Christian" (Messiah Folk) which was a derogatory term used on them a couple thousand years ago.

Christians have diluted the meaning of Chrsitians. HOW DARE THEY REDEFINE A WORD (just as they redefined Jewish prophecies for their own misuse).

It would make me giggle, if so many people didn't swallow this religious tripe.

You know what really bothers me? I cannot get over how in today's times, with the wealth of information available at the opening of a book, or a click of the mouse, or the viewing of a history show, that people still believe in myths here in the US. I mean, when one studies other cultures who have a god/gods/goddess belief, can they not SEE that their beliefs are just as meaningful and true to them as to those with Christian beliefs? Can they not see the correlation of sacrifices, rituals, and gods, even if it doesn't make sense to them?

For an African or some other tribal communities who are far behind the times I can understand their ignorance, but for those with information abound? To ignore facts is willful ignorance and it absolutely drives me crazy.

and yet, a quick read of the OP article, and that is exactly what THEY accuse free thinkers of doing...being willfully ignorant of the facts.

It is amazing how differently people can look at the same things, and come away with completely different opinions about it.