Goodbye Jesus

A Poll for Christians.....

Caretaker

This poll is for Christians to answer. How much of the Bible have you read by yourself, not counting the popular verses you hear so often at church services. Please be honest. It's not like your name is being attached to your vote.

If you are not a Christian, you may reply, but please do not answer the poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• guacamole

• a midnight star

• Burry The Rag

• Ouroboros

Equally important, I think bible study discussions need to be excluded too. Ex-c's know what I'm talking about here.

This needs to be limited to "read all by yourself" without discussing and re-hashing the "meaning" (like it needs one beyond the words printed on the page) which always ends up being remembered as the end translation or interpretation which rarely if ever sounds anything like the bare words and text itself.

Ohh.

Another problem.

If we don't answer the poll, we can't see the poll results.

Unless Kahn gives us regular updates.

edit: Ack! I'm a retard!!! Nevermind!! I just say the nifty show results button!

Coffee!!!!!

This will be interesting.

The next poll is for the ones who actually read 100% of the Bible, ask them how many times!

Personally I read the whole Bible 3-4 times over, and the NT around 10 times. Plus that I memorized 200 verses in Bible school, and read quite a lot of literature too. But amazingly I avoided reading secular literatur, and hence had no point of view from people from the "outside".

Should have added "Just the New Testament" because that's all many Xtians seem to care about when you remind them what a murdering beast thier god really is in the OT.

I bet that Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life", on the other hand has been read more times over than the bible.

Grrrrr.

I'm so sick of hearing about that book.

If you'd like to read a truly useful book about how our own minds do their damndest to save our own stupid asses, even when we aren't really listening to the danger cues our minds are clearly interpreting from signals we consciously misconstrue or ignore....

Read Gavin DeBecker's "Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us From Violence"

Hey Board,

I have completely read through the Bible two or three times. That's my .02.

Peace!

BtR

I read it completely through when I was a teenager and bored, and once when I was about 12 but didn't really understand most of it.

Yeah, I've read every word of it, don't know how many times. But I've also read the Tao Te Ching and Bhagavad Gita completely more than once. :-P But then, I'm also probably not who you're really targeting either. heh.

Guest MalaInSe
Hey Board,

I have completely read through the Bible two or three times. That's my .02.

Peace!

BtR

Hey Burry,

You haven't actually read it unless you've read it in Hebrew and Greek. That's my .02.

Ren

Hey Burry,

You haven't actually read it unless you've read it in Hebrew and Greek.  That's my .02.

Ren

No, you truly haven't experienced the Bible until you have read it in original Klingon!

:HaHa:

Hey Burry,

You haven't actually read it unless you've read it in Hebrew and Greek.  That's my .02.

Ren

Perhaps.

Read it. Saw the movie. Got the t-shirt.

I'm curious to see what logical fallacy about faith and belief can be constructed from this poll...

Read it.  Saw the movie.  Got the t-shirt. 

I'm curious to see what logical fallacy about faith and belief can be constructed from this poll...

Damn Dude, you are so fucking christlike I may just have to reconvert.

Read it.  Saw the movie.  Got the t-shirt. 

A numbers have listed critical examination of the bible as a big part of why we left the faith. The contradictions, errors, and words that show the Xtian god is murdering beast all contributed to loosing the faith.

Damn Dude, you are so fucking christlike I may just have to reconvert.

Let me spell it out for you because I sense that a lot of ex-christians like to throw this line around.

I. Don't. Care.

Seriously. That's between you and Jesus. If you die and stand before him and he says "Hey Dude, what was up". And you say, "Guacamole was a jag-off", I hope he slaps your shit into the next cosmos.

fwiw

guac.

Let me spell it out for you because I sense that a lot of ex-christians like to throw this line around.

I.  Don't.  Care. 

Seriously.  That's between you and Jesus.  If you die and stand before him and he says "Hey Dude, what was up".  And you say, "Guacamole was a jag-off", I hope he slaps your shit into the next cosmos. 

fwiw

guac.

I won't stand before Jesus because... :pregnant pause: ...he doesn't exist.

You could use a few people skills though. I could give a fuck if you agree with me, but you seem personally offended that we here haven't obtained your enlightened views; or as you stated, we deserve to be slapped into the next cosmos because we are pitiful unbelievers. But then I think it's just great that you've achieved the wisdom that is foolish to mankind and that you got your one-way ticket for glory safely packed away. Kudos. Really. I'm sure you won't lose any sleep on me while I burn in the fiery pit forever, and ever, and ever... :loser:

I won't stand before Jesus because...  :pregnant pause: ...he doesn't exist.

Aparently you could use some reading skills though... I said "If".

You could use a few people skills though.

Bullshit. Do you chastize every rude person on this website or does your hypocrisy only extend to practicing christians?

I could give a fuck if you agree with me, but you seem personally offended that we here haven't obtained your enlightened views; or as you stated, we deserve to be slapped into the next cosmos because we are pitiful unbelievers.

No, I said, in effect, that if you blame me for you're non-belief because I am a jerk, then you deserve to be slapped into the next cosmos. It's a simple logical fallacy, ya see...

But then I think it's just great that you've achieved the wisdom that is foolish to mankind and that you got your one-way ticket for glory safely packed away.  Kudos.  Really.  I'm sure you won't lose any sleep on me while I burn in the fiery pit forever, and ever, and ever...  :loser:

As yes when the "Gee, I'm glad I'm not a Christian anymore" comment doesn't bother me, then whip out the "fiery hell" comment.

You're actually right. It doesn't bother me. You're acountable for your self. Deal with it.

You're actually right.  It doesn't bother me.  You're acountable for your self.  Deal with it.

Hey Guacamole, Well this is ceratinly an intresting twist...Then what does bother you? Peace! BtR

Seriously.  That's between you and Jesus.  If you die and stand before him and he says "Hey Dude, what was up".  And you say, "Guacamole was a jag-off", I hope he slaps your shit into the next cosmos. 

fwiw

guac.

That's not what I'll say. Of course we all know that whackamole is a jag-off, but I would never leave christianity because of that.

I'll say God- you are a jag-off.

Whack- what if YOU have to stand before Zeus and explain why you rejected his son Hercules?

Or, what if you are building up tremendous negative karma in this incarnation through your nauseating spiritual pride? Perhaps you should chant the daimoku and recite the gongyo in order to reduce your penalty in your next incarnation. (You know, to appease the Shoten-Zenjin) as in the Lotus Sutra.

Repeat after me: Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

(the more you repeat it, the more it offsets your negative karma)

Myoho renge kyo hoben ban nan niji hojo hykushibutsu..

You're actually right.  It doesn't bother me.  You're acountable for your self.  Deal with it.

Wonderful Xtian attitude.

I'm so thankful to MYSELF that I've never been such a numb-wit to be inculcated into the apocalypse-mongering, woman-hating, sexually repressed screw up of a faith that is Christianity.

I voted in the poll before I read that only "christians" were suppose to. Sorry.

I am an ex christian and will post my testamony as soon as I get it finished. It's long and heartbreaking. But such is life.

I have read then entire bible, more than once. I was raised in a WOF household and it was a requirement.

Guacamole personifies the "christians" I have come across. They are more concerned with cleaning other's houses, while their own are "a pigsty". They read and judge while at the same time refuse to live up to their own words and religion.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents worth.