Goodbye Jesus

A Poll for Christians.....

Caretaker

I voted in the poll before I read that only "christians" were suppose to. Sorry.

I am an ex christian and will post my testamony as soon as I get it finished. It's long and heartbreaking. But such is life.

I have read then entire bible, more than once. I was raised in a WOF household and it was a requirement.

Guacamole personifies the "christians" I have come across. They are more concerned with cleaning other's houses, while their own are "a pigsty". They read and judge while at the same time refuse to live up to their own words and religion.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents worth.

Don't we won't judge you... Only the Invisible Pink Unicorn can...

WOF???

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• guacamole

• a midnight star

• Burry The Rag

• Ouroboros

BLUE...Invisible BLUE Unicorn

:Doh:

Do you chastize every rude person on this website or does your hypocrisy only extend to practicing christians?
What in the name of Dave is a "practicing christian"?

Aparently you could use some reading skills though... I said "If".

Cop out answer. You implied.

Bullshit. Do you chastize every rude person on this website or does your hypocrisy only extend to practicing christians?

Any with a chip on their shoulder as large as yours I guess.

No, I said, in effect, that if you blame me for you're non-belief because I am a jerk, then you deserve to be slapped into the next cosmos. It's a simple logical fallacy, ya see...

Wasn't blaming, just making a point. Since you don't care, neither do I.

As yes when the "Gee, I'm glad I'm not a Christian anymore" comment doesn't bother me, then whip out the "fiery hell" comment.

Uh, you whiped out the judgement threat. I just carried it on to its ultimate end.

You're actually right. It doesn't bother me. You're acountable for your self. Deal with it.

Dealt with. Past tense.

WOF = Word of Faith. It is a "christian" movement best known as "name it and claim it". IT is one of the most radical "christian" groups out there. They use fear and manipulation to keep their people in line. Ministers include: Kenneth Copeland, Kennith Hagin (founder of rhema bible church/school in Tulsa, OK), and Dollar.

I will expand this definition in my testimony, coming soon.

Concerning Guacamole and his posts, and I'm really trying to be as objective as I can, for I don't agree with everything he has said either, but who on the exChristian side has used more respect than he in dealing with someone across the table? Maybe the cofounders post I saw on one forum... he was quite respectful and I thought Guacamole was respectful back to him. So without being hypocritical... what has Guacamole done that was any worse than what he was given? Just curious...

I am new here and this is the first time I have run into Guac. My comment was simply an observation. While I will admit that I am very bitter concerning the "christian" church, that really only had a small part in my comment.

He is on one hand telling us non's that we are going to hell while on the other hand he is cursing. This seems to personify my entire "christian" experience. "Lets tell all those poor pagans they are going to hell, but it is ok if I act like I have been out to sea for the last year."

Like I said, I am new here so maybe I shouldn't posts such things until you get to know me. It just hit a sour note with me.

Concerning Guacamole and his posts, and I'm really trying to be as objective as I can, for I don't agree with everything he has said either, but who on the exChristian side has used more respect than he in dealing with someone across the table? Maybe the cofounders post I saw on one forum... he was quite respectful and I thought Guacamole was respectful back to him. So without being hypocritical... what has Guacamole done that was any worse than what he was given? Just curious...

Hi Amanda, :grin:

Great points all. Civility (or the obvious lack thereof) is a great barometer of character. I've noticed that your posts are very respectful; I really appreciate a level of respect during a discussion. Seems to keep the mind more on track of the actual topic rather than "you are doodoo" sorts of comments.

I try to keep my posts civil, but I admit to being blunt at times (like my responses to YoYo's posts). This being an open forum, I cop a "it takes all kinds (including myself) to make a world" attitude. I can do without the obscenities and sophomore attacks (from both "sides"), but that's just me.

Guacamole's posts are fascinating from an ex's point of view. I'm constantly reminded of why I'm an apostate. I love smart-ass comments and he cracks me up. But are they Christ-like? hmmmm.

BYW, I've only read about 75% of the bible, (all of the NT).

Don't we won't judge you... Only the Invisible Pink Unicorn can...

WOF???

Word of Faith.

Extreme fundies incorporated.

That's where I came from too.

Canyon, Copeland, Hagin, Ekman et.al.

"Hearing the word gives you faith"

"Faith enables the miracles"

"If a miracle doesn't happen, it's your fault."

Hah! Mine is the Invincible Black Unicorn.

He's strong and cool and beat the crap out of you IBU and IPU heretics!

WOF = Word of Faith. It is a "christian" movement best known as "name it and claim it". IT is one of the most radical "christian" groups out there. They use fear and manipulation to keep their people in line. Ministers include: Kenneth Copeland, Kennith Hagin (founder of rhema bible church/school in Tulsa, OK), and Dollar.

I will expand this definition in my testimony, coming soon.

Did go to the Rhema Bible Center or was it a spin-off church?

I'm from Sweden, and from Livets Ord, which is a WOF too.

We had Copeland several times. And many others, that I rather forget...

Dollar? I've been away for too long to know that one...

Fitting name though...

"Pray for Dollar"

"Yeah! I'll get rich!"

"No you won't. Dollar will."

I am new here and this is the first time I have run into Guac. My comment was simply an observation. While I will admit that I am very bitter concerning the "christian" church, that really only had a small part in my comment.

He is on one hand telling us non's that we are going to hell while on the other hand he is cursing. This seems to personify my entire "christian" experience. "Lets tell all those poor pagans they are going to hell, but it is ok if I act like I have been out to sea for the last year."

Like I said, I am new here so maybe I shouldn't posts such things until you get to know me. It just hit a sour note with me.

We're all at different places in our path away from religious oppression and despair, so you say what you want, but be read to eat some heat if it starts a fire. ;)

Heat I can handle. Have had lots of practice with that one!

It's the nice, soft, and furry emotions I have problems with. I am always looking for the catch

But, but...Pastor Warren is a messanger of god!  Surely you must not be sick of the Purpose Driven Church, afterall, it's all for helping in the community. :grin:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

GAH!!!

*washes hands....twice*

I hope he gets beaten to death by dyslexic cockroaches.

I think that it is ironic that the one book (other than the bible) these people are worshipping doesn't even line up with the bible. He had to tweek the verses to make them what he wanted them to be

I think that it is ironic that the one book (other than the bible) these people are worshipping doesn't even line up with the bible. He had to tweek the verses to make them what he wanted them to be

Hi a midnight star,

Intresting, please elaborate.

Peace!

BtR

I picked up a book because it was recommended. the scriptures that were used were twisted and tweeked to make it work with his theory. To debate more would mean to actually pick up the book and reference it. I refuse to waste any more of my time reading a "christian" book. All I know ( and I was reading it as a christian) it didn't line up. And yes I know the bible quite well. better than most

I picked up a book because it was recommended. the scriptures that were used were twisted and tweeked to make it work with his theory. To debate more would mean to actually pick up the book and reference it. I refuse to waste any more of my time reading a "christian" book. All I know ( and I was reading it as a christian) it didn't line up. And yes I know the bible quite well. better than most

Hi a midnight star,

Interesting. What did you notice that was twisted and tweeked?

Peace!

BtR

I've read the entire bible only once. There were lots of parts that weren't worth a second glance. (Leviticus, for instance)

Here is a verse that sticks in my mind:

You shall not trim off the corners of your beard.

Here is one that is a little harder to find:

One human being shall not own another human being as a slave, and trade them like merchandise.

Funny thing, God's priorities.

To answer you I will quote myself:

To debate more would mean to actually pick up the book and reference it. I refuse to waste any more of my time reading a "christian" book.

Get it now?

To answer you I will quote myself:

To debate more would mean to actually pick up the book and reference it. I refuse to waste any more of my time reading a "christian" book.

Get it now?

Hey a midnight star,

I wasn't trying to start anything. You made a claim and I wondered why you feel the way you do. I'm not expecting you to re-read anything. I just wanted to talk about something you brought up. If you don't want to, that's OK by me.

Peace!

BtR

NO i just don't know how to explain.

The author of the book took verses out of context and turned them around to where they didn't even resemble the original meaning in the bible. That is what I mean by tweeked.

Aparently you could use some reading skills though... I said "If".

Cop out answer. You implied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aparently you could use some reading skills.

Bullshit. Do you chastize every rude person on this website or does your hypocrisy only extend to practicing christians?

Any with a chip on their shoulder as large as yours I guess.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah. I don't see you acting like officer friendly for the rude Ex-Christians on the board. Hmm.... maybe that's because.... you don't?

No, I said, in effect, that if you blame me for you're non-belief because I am a jerk, then you deserve to be slapped into the next cosmos. It's a simple logical fallacy, ya see...

Wasn't blaming, just making a point. Since you don't care, neither do I.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is aparently why you bothered to respond?

As yes when the "Gee, I'm glad I'm not a Christian anymore" comment doesn't bother me, then whip out the "fiery hell" comment.

Uh, you whiped out the judgement threat. I just carried it on to its ultimate end.

You're actually right. It doesn't bother me. You're acountable for your self. Deal with it.

Dealt with. Past tense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:woohoo:

That's not what I'll say. Of course we all know that whackamole is a jag-off, but I would never leave christianity because of that.

I'll say God- you are a jag-off.

Very reasonable. If a believer treats you like a jag-off, you're still not justified in your non-belief.

Here then is my question to ex-Christians (not Mythra in general): If you know it's a stupid thing to say, then why not stop throwing around the trite emotionally manipulative one liners when you don't have any further argument?

Whack- what if YOU have to stand before Zeus and explain why you rejected his son Hercules?

Whoops. Looks like I guessed wrong, oh gracious Jupiter. You wouldn't happen to need an eternal yes man, wouldya Zeus? Hey that's a rather spiffy lightning bolt ya got there. Waitaminit... what'reyadoingwif...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Or, what if you are building up tremendous negative karma in this incarnation through your nauseating spiritual pride? Perhaps you should chant the daimoku and recite the gongyo in order to reduce your penalty in your next incarnation. (You know, to appease the Shoten-Zenjin) as in the Lotus Sutra.

Repeat after me: Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

(the more you repeat it, the more it offsets your negative karma)

Myoho renge kyo hoben ban nan niji hojo hykushibutsu..

I don't know if I'd say it's nausiating spiritual pride as much as it is simple jack-ass-ery. What's you're excuse?

fwiw

guaca.