Goodbye Jesus

How, Exactly, Is Living An Average Life Wicked?

Amethyst

Okay. It's late, I'm tired, and we are obviously cross posting. I'll bow out for now and try again tomorrow.

Cool

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amethyst

• Outback Jack

• chefranden

• Kuroikaze

But I also thank you. You've just justified my opinion of most religious people. Pissing away the only world we KNOW exists in order to gain admittance to the Elvin Land of Org, "Where life is beautiful all the time And I'll be happy to see Those nice, young men In their clean, white coats And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa!"

(edited to add a little dig at your life)

You know BJ,

I would rather live for Heaven than "real" things like exclusionary sub-forums that people are not given access to.....you picked a great side BJ.

Are you talking to me, or to Outback Jack?

Heaven ain't real, Brother. It's just a nice fantasy dreamed up by religious people thousands of years ago. Give up your religious bullshit and embrace REALITY, and maybe we'll grant you access to the exclusionary sub-forums. Do you like to eat babies? We do! Glory!

But I also thank you. You've just justified my opinion of most religious people. Pissing away the only world we KNOW exists in order to gain admittance to the Elvin Land of Org, "Where life is beautiful all the time And I'll be happy to see Those nice, young men In their clean, white coats And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa!"

(edited to add a little dig at your life)

You know BJ,

I would rather live for Heaven than "real" things like exclusionary sub-forums that people are not given access to.....you picked a great side BJ.

What the FUCK are you talking about?

this web site, Ex_C....Christians are not given access to some sub-forums. Is this like Heaven only in reverse? If you are not one of us, you do not get in?

Looks like hypocracy from my end.

Look at it this way. Would you like it if this was a Christian forum, and ex-Christians and atheists could just come in and post anything anywhere? I don't think you would! It's very common on Christian forums for ex-Christians and atheists to be heavily censored or blocked from certain areas because they tend to post too much truth and too many facts, and Christians generally don't like those things. What you need to realize is that a lot of people have been badly hurt by religion or by religious people, and they need a place where they can get support without having to worry about Christians butting in with the alleged "good news" and other bullshit that would just make the situation worse. Understand? There are good reasons why some sub-forums are off limits to Christians. You don't have to like not having access to certain areas here, but please understand that there are good reasons why you and all Christians don't.

Haven't read anything but the OP, but am in a mood to spew a response.....

I would think, Amethyst, that even though we participate at a level where we perceive perpitrating "little harm", that some of the "little

harm" still doesn't achieve a standard to participate in God's kingdom, and with that, a need to be saved.....for example, when I commit adultry with my eyes, or when a thought goes through my head that I would have rather it had not....

Wow. Just...wow.

Remember the fundamentalist description of Biblical torture. And please, think about what you are actually supporting. And how you can support it, and possibly consider yourself a decent human being. Please look deep, within yourself. You are human. You must have a heart.

This is what you, as a fundamentalist, support by believing literally in the hell doctrine. Other human beings burned, to a crisp, in an infinite loop, FOR ALL TIME. Not for 5 minutes. Not for a year. Not for a century, or a millennium, but for ALL OF TIME, for the crime of thinking the wrong thing.

You honestly and truly support the torture of me, personally, and everyone on this site, forever and ever and ever for merely disagreeing with you?

You honestly and truly support the torture of torture small children forever, for thoughts?

You honestly and truly support the torture of torture, perhaps, someone in your own family, forever and ever, for thoughts. Perhaps your own mother. Or your children. How would you know? After all, they are *THOUGHTS.*

You, and the other Christians here, have not given sufficient reason to support people being burned, to a crisp, forever and ever, and ever, ad infitum, for THOUGHTS. Your god is supposed to be kind and loving, but you have shown us NOTHING but how cruel and depraved a monster he is. What kind of a tyrant tortures people forever for *THINKING?* Surely even you have to admit, at least deep down inside, that such a punishment, is cruel and unfair and evil.

And even if it actually exists, out of ethics, I could not worship your tyrannical god. I could not. I would rather die free.

Doesn't it say that there is no difference between a big and little sin...I noticed no one having any problems with the cops shooting the guy that was beating the toddler to death in California......see the post on EX-C that Kevin put up with a smiley....I personally wouldn't have a problem with that guy being burned to a crisp over and over.

But you are saying there is a line that Amethyst draws, not God. That's fine, that's why it is called a free spirit.....good luck.

Btw, isn't that the point of Christ, to give you a chance to think, search, and be free without the immediate wrath of God?

And again, tell me you know the complete, definitive definition of hell....

this web site, Ex_C....Christians are not given access to some sub-forums. Is this like Heaven only in reverse? If you are not one of us, you do not get in?

Looks like hypocracy from my end.

How is it hypocrisy to have rules in this forum? We are atheists (mostly) not anarchists. Just because we reject your religion doesn't mean we reject all rules of any kind.

Is this really the best Ad-hom you could come up with?

Heaven ain't real, Brother. It's just a nice fantasy dreamed up by religious people thousands of years ago. Give up your religious bullshit and embrace REALITY, and maybe we'll grant you access to the exclusionary sub-forums. Do you like to eat babies? We do! Glory!

Christ-on-a-kabob, Brother Jeff! You just made beer shoot out of my nose. Do you realize how painful that is?! :funny:

(You also made me log back in after I swore I was going to bed. {And ix-nay on the aby-bay ating-eay})

End3: Huh! Whatta-ya-know? There is private sub-forum. I lurked here for a year. I've been posting for about the last year and I've never noticed that. I'm clearly atheist and yet I've never had an invitation to the private forum.

Methinks you might need a cold shower to help you lay off of the conspiracy theories. Then again, I'm a former Republican. Maybe that's why I haven't been invited. Its either that or I haven't eaten enough babies. :fun:

Doesn't it say that there is no difference between a big and little sin...I noticed no one having any problems with the cops shooting the guy that was beating the toddler to death in California......see the post on EX-C that Kevin put up with a smiley....I personally wouldn't have a problem with that guy being burned to a crisp over and over.

But you are saying there is a line that Amethyst draws, not God. That's fine, that's why it is called a free spirit.....good luck.

Btw, isn't that the point of Christ, to give you a chance to think, search, and be free without the immediate wrath of God?

The problem with this, is that it is fucking retarded, of course there is a difference between wrong things we do. Genocide, rape, sexual slavery, (all of which are mandated by the god in the bible) are clearly worse than say, a speeding ticket.

Our human justice system, flawed though it may be, can still figure this out, its not our fault the god you worship is mentally challenged.

How is it hypocrisy to have rules in this forum?

You can have rules that are justifiable to you, but God can't have rules for Himself????????

You can have rules that are justifiable to you, but God can't have rules for Himself????????

you are comparing torturing someone for eternity to having a rule about where you can post?

Are you fracking kidding me? :Doh:

Do I really need to explain why these things are not comparable? Please tell me I do not, and you statement was a joke or something.

End3: Huh! Whatta-ya-know? There is private sub-forum. I lurked here for a year. I've been posting for about the last year and I've never noticed that. I'm clearly atheist and yet I've never had an invitation to the private forum.

Methinks you might need a cold shower to help you lay off of the conspiracy theories. Then again, I'm a former Republican. Maybe that's why I haven't been invited. Its either that or I haven't eaten enough babies. :fun:

Maybe if you say all the right things and behave the right way, and attend, and do some website works, you might, might, make it.....and don't forget to write the check....better yet, send cash.....and by all means, dress correctly.....I'll non-pray for you brother :58:

Maybe if you say all the right things and behave the right way, and attend, and do some website works, you might, might, make it.....and don't forget to write the check....better yet, send cash.....and by all means, dress correctly.....I'll non-pray for you brother :58:

Gosh!! Your description and suggestions sound an awfully lot like a typical Sunday xtian church meeting to me! (and, yes, I have been to a few. Somehow the damn money plate always makes an appearance. God never does, but that plate sure does! Whereas, I've been posting here for 2 years and I've never been asked for a cent. Kind of odd, I'd say!)

End3, believe it or not, Lion's Den or not, I've tried to be civil to you. Sure, I've poked at you a bit but nothing I wouldn't say to my personal friends. And maybe you're doing the same to me, I don't know. After all, I did say I was tired. Brother Jeff made me, I SWEAR HE MADE ME, open a couple more beers. So maybe my sense of humor is out of order this late. But...

Maybe the reason neither your nor I have been invited into the private forum is because neither you nor I are EX-CHRISTIAN. Take a look at my profile if you want to know my story.

Now compare my story to the hundreds of anti-testimonials on the main blog, and maybe you'll see why neither one of us rate inclusion in the private forum. Me, because I've never been damaged by your dumb-assed belief system, and you, because you still think that your belief system is the best thing to happen to mankind since Adam figured out how to get those damned fig leafs off of Eve.

Despite what you believe, your religion DOES harm people. The main blog should be enough evidence of that. This is a place where they can come to start the healing process. Public display of damage can be useful in recovery. The 12 step program shows that. But people also need a safe place to really open up and expose their real wounds. The public forums here are NOT the place for that.

I know nothing of the private forums here, but I'd be willing to bet money that there's a lot of mutual support going on there than there is in the public forums (where a lot of support happens, regardless).

If you feel left out because you don't have complete access to the entire website, then you really need to find a better hobby. Find somewhere else to post. I suggest you spend some time lurking around the JREF conspiracy forums. That should keep you busy and give you plenty of new CT to worry about.

If you're willing to ignore a sub-forum set aside for people who have been seriously damaged by your particular mind-fuck, then stick around and add to our knowledge.

Thanks for your useless beeping-noises,

OBJ

(edited for civility)

you are comparing torturing someone for eternity to having a rule about where you can post?

Are you fracking kidding me? :Doh:

Do I really need to explain why these things are not comparable? Please tell me I do not, and you statement was a joke or something.

What, pray tell, do forum rules have to do with this? Every forum has rules. Christian forums normally bar Atheists from free speech. We do not bar anyone from free speech here.

If you do not like the rules here, you do not have to stay. You have still not justified eternal torture for good, kind, and decent people having thought crimes (according to your religion, not official law since human telepaths have not been proven to exist), even if they haven't hurt so much as a flea during their entire lives and won't hurt so much as a flea. You have not justified the torture of good, kind and decent people whose only crime is to not believe in your deity. You have not and cannot. And I also dare say you need to get professional help, since you seem to hate people so much that you support them burning to a crisp for all of eternity simply because they do not belong to your religion.

Hell is being burned to a crisp, forever and ever, in an infinite loop, for all of eternity. That is the definition I was given as a little girl, which proceeded to be browbeaten into me by Christian teachers and my mother. I was terrorized by it for years.

Even the more liberal "hell is death" view point is just as immoral because people are being killed for their thoughts. You do not hurt people for thoughts. I do not care who you are. I do not care if you are an ommipotent being claiming to be a god. You most certainly do not torture them for all of eternity.

I am not drawing any lines. I am saying that telling children this is immoral. I am saying that ramming fundamentalism down children's throats is unethical. I am saying that the hell doctrine is immoral, evil, and unethical. It is obviously a fear-based control mechanism and to ram it down children's throats is wrong.

Quit expecting everyone to bow down to these distorted beliefs. You also have not justified them at all.

Um...yes. Because WE are REAL. Divine beings of questionable validity and even more questionable reality don't get to make rules.

People make rules.

And you can't point to a book written, printed, published, and sold by PEOPLE and claim a character in the book made the rules people have attributed to him. It don't work.

Gosh!! Your description and suggestions sound an awfully lot like a typical Sunday xtian church meeting to me! (and, yes, I have been to a few. Somehow the damn money plate always makes an appearance. God never does, but that plate sure does! Whereas, I've been posting here for 2 years and I've never been asked for a cent. Kind of odd, I'd say!)

End3, believe it or not, Lion's Den or not, I've tried to be civil to you. Sure, I've poked at you a bit but nothing I wouldn't say to my personal friends. And maybe you're doing the same to me, I don't know. After all, I did say I was tired. Brother Jeff made me, I SWEAR HE MADE ME, open a couple more beers. So maybe my sense of humor is out of order this late. But...

Maybe the reason neither your nor I have been invited into the private forum is because neither you nor I are EX-CHRISTIAN. Take a look at my profile if you want to know my story.

Now compare my story to the hundreds of anti-testimonials on the main blog, and maybe you'll see why neither one of us rate inclusion in the private forum. Me, because I've never been damaged by your dumb-assed belief system, and you, because you still think that your belief system is the best thing to happen to mankind since Adam figured out how to get those damned fig leafs off of Eve.

Despite what you believe, your religion DOES harm people. The main blog should be enough evidence of that. This is a place where they can come to start the healing process. Public display of damage can be useful in recovery. The 12 step program shows that. But people also need a safe place to really open up and expose their real wounds. The public forums here are NOT the place for that.

I know nothing of the private forums here, but I'd be willing to bet money that there's a lot of mutual support going on there than there is in the public forums (where a lot of support happens, regardless).

If you feel left out because you don't have complete access to the entire website, then you really need to find a better hobby. Find somewhere else to post. I suggest you spend some time lurking around the JREF conspiracy forums. That should keep you busy and give you plenty of new CT to worry about.

If you're willing to ignore a sub-forum set aside for people who have been seriously damaged by your particular mind-fuck, then stick around and add to our knowledge.

Thanks for your useless beeping-noises,

OBJ

(edited for civility)

Hey OBJ,

Have an uncle that flew for SW many years...they have a mandatory retirement age, so he is done. I think he still owns a v-tail bonanza that he flies. He used to fly an MU-2 before his career at SW. Myself, I had a brief stint at a local FBO. Have a Jet-A story to share with you that will raise goose bumps if you are interested.

No harm done in the conversation....I come on periodically when I feel the need to harass these yaahoos, which are, as you say, some pretty good folks. It is just my personality to rattle the cage....look forward to the visit.

Christ-on-a-kabob, Brother Jeff! You just made beer shoot out of my nose. Do you realize how painful that is?! :funny:

(You also made me log back in after I swore I was going to bed. {And ix-nay on the aby-bay ating-eay})

:grin: