Goodbye Jesus

Why Do You Remain A Christian?

Antlerman

Anyhow, Happy Easter weekend, everyone. HE IS RISEN !!!!!

Where is He? I used to believe I was walking and talking with Him, but it was my own wishful thinking. I cast my doubt aside, and invited Him over numerous times, but He never showed up! jesus.gif Then I asked Mother Nature where He might be, and got my answer. Open your eyes and ears and listen to Her!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• the stranger

• JayL

• Citsonga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, one can name your dick jesus or a loaf of bread brand jesus.

At least jesus is coming and he is risen wood have merit :D

As a scientist, you should know that that would be impossible to prove, especially if he didn't exist. There's no way to prove that bones could or could't be his. Instead, look at the historical evidence, or really lack thereof, that shows that he probably didn't exist.

If we could get his DNA, we should see that half of the DNA should come from a divine source. Perhaps it glows? Or it it spells out "Glory to God" or something. Unless God used cloning to create Jesus.

I believe DNA of Jesus Christ can be obtained ( at least partially ) from blood traces in the Shroud of Turin http://shroud.com/ and the Sudarium of Oviedo http://www.linteum.com/ I believe his blood type is AB- which is very rare ( less than 15 of population ).

So ... Does that mean that people with the AB- blood type have the “blood of Jesus” coursing through their veins and are the only ones who will go to Heaven? (Maybe the Calvinists are right!)

But, how did you determine that Jesus’s blood was probably this type, anyway? Just because you think it’s the rarest blood type?

Well, you’re wrong about that. Actually, HH (also known as Bombay Phenotype) is the rarest blood type in the world.

From Wikipedia: "This very rare Phenotype is generally present in about 0.0004% (about 4 per million) of the human population, though in some places such as Mumbai (formerly Bombay) locals can have occurrences in as much as 0.01% (1 in 10,000) of inhabitants and 1 in a million people in Europe." You can read more here.

Hmmm, maybe you ought to be praying to Lord Krishna instead.

You know, one can name your dick jesus or a loaf of bread brand jesus.

At least jesus is coming and he is risen wood have merit biggrin.png

Wood pun intended. LOL

As a scientist, you should know that that would be impossible to prove, especially if he didn't exist. There's no way to prove that bones could or could't be his. Instead, look at the historical evidence, or really lack thereof, that shows that he probably didn't exist.

If we could get his DNA, we should see that half of the DNA should come from a divine source. Perhaps it glows? Or it it spells out "Glory to God" or something. Unless God used cloning to create Jesus.

I believe DNA of Jesus Christ can be obtained ( at least partially ) from blood traces in the Shroud of Turin http://shroud.com/ and the Sudarium of Oviedo http://www.linteum.com/ I believe his blood type is AB- which is very rare ( less than 15 of population ).

So ... Does that mean that people with the AB- blood type have the “blood of Jesus” coursing through their veins and are the only ones who will go to Heaven? (Maybe the Calvinists are right!)

Is he really that stupid? A fake like the SofT has the blood of Jesus? Well if you believe that someone who never existed is real then why wouldn't a forgery have the blood of this person who never existed.

Hmmm, maybe you ought to be praying to Lord Krishna instead.

Save difference

So what blood type was Mary. And what blood type was the Holy Spirit?

Where is He? I used to believe I was walking and talking with Him, but it was my own wishful thinking. I cast my doubt aside, and invited Him over numerous times, but He never showed up! jesus.gif Then I asked Mother Nature where He might be, and got my answer. Open your eyes and ears and listen to Her!

Jesus is currently seated on the right hand of God 'until his enemy becomes his footstool', namely he is in heaven. By proclaiming his lordship over your life, you do become his follower - and he will speak to you - mainly thru scriptures. If you want hear what Jesus is saying to you, I recommend that you meditate on the Bible.

By proclaiming his lordship over your life, you do become his follower - and he will speak to you - mainly thru scriptures.{emphasis Mine}

That's of no use to Me, Jay. I read the Bible nearly 50 years ago and nothing spoke to Me then. The more I re-read the scriptures, the more convinced I became that they are wholly the work of deluded tribal humans, and that no actual gods were involved.

Jesus -- If he actually exists, which I doubt profoundly -- will have to manifest in My home in physical form. That's the only thing that will convince Me.

And if we have to appoint a deity to have "lordship" over our lives, we obviously were given defective lives or have been relegated to the role of children who are not allowed to grow up. What we are should be able to stand on its own.

By proclaiming his lordship over your life, you do become his follower - and he will speak to you - mainly thru scriptures.{emphasis Mine}

That's of no use to Me, Jay. I read the Bible nearly 50 years ago and nothing spoke to Me then. The more I re-read the scriptures, the more convinced I became that they are wholly the work of deluded tribal humans, and that no actual gods were involved.

Jesus -- If he actually exists, which I doubt profoundly -- will have to manifest in My home in physical form. That's the only thing that will convince Me.

And if we have to appoint a deity to have "lordship" over our lives, we obviously were given defective lives or have been relegated to the role of children who are not allowed to grow up. What we are should be able to stand on its own.

We all try to stand on our own feet. But what you say is close to Biblical truth. We ARE defective in some ways. The Bible calls it sin or fallen nature. And as a result human lives are full of mistakes and pain.

By making 'Jesus the Lord over your life' a new phase can begin - a life in close harmony with the Spirit who created the universe. That is the promise of Christianity.

As far as Jesus manifesting physically in your home.... that is a pretty tall order. I doubt that would happen. Even after the resurrection, Jesus appeared only to a few disciples at a time. Why did he not appear to his 'enemies' who crucified him?? I don't know the answer. But the promise is that all would see him when he appears in the sky as the King of kings.

So what blood type was Mary. And what blood type was the Holy Spirit?

We do not have Mary's blood. But there is a good possibility that we have traces of blood sample of Jesus in the Shroud.

As far as Jesus manifesting physically in your home.... that is a pretty tall order. I doubt that would happen.

I doubt it too... Very much. However, that is the bare minimum of evidence that I will accept.

But the promise is that all would see him when he appears in the sky as the King of kings.

I also doubt that this "promise" has any substance. I am of the opinion that Jesus will never appear in the sky, but that there is no way to explicitly disprove the promise itself because it has no set fulfillment date and can conveniently be deferred indefinitely by believers.

Jesus is currently seated on the right hand of God 'until his enemy becomes his footstool', namely he is in heaven.

Then he isn't God.

That which sits outside of God isn't God.

As far as Jesus manifesting physically in your home.... that is a pretty tall order. I doubt that would happen. Even after the resurrection, Jesus appeared only to a few disciples at a time. Why did he not appear to his 'enemies' who crucified him?? I don't know the answer. But the promise is that all would see him when he appears in the sky as the King of kings.

Why is that a "tall order," Jay? What a pussy you have chosen to worship. You follow a God that does nothing but hide himself from everyone. At least the Old Testament Yahweh would prove himself by lighting things on fire on demand once in a while.

Of course, the real reason Jesus can't visit us, and why he didn't show himself to the people who crucified him is because he's still dead, and just a pile of bones or ashes (depending on if the Romans cremated him or not) in some tomb somewhere.

And you know what? I'm perfectly happy to be proven wrong. Jesus is free to come down here and prove he came back from the dead anytime he likes. But he won't, because he's just dead.

Or maybe he's just pining for the fjords.

By making 'Jesus the Lord over your life' a new phase can begin - a life in close harmony with the Spirit who created the universe. That is the promise of Christianity.

And that promise is revisionist theology.

The Hebrew God never told his people that they needed to make a messianic impostor Lord over their life.

Even after the resurrection, Jesus appeared only to a few disciples at a time.

Have you never read this?

1 Cor 15:6

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

And that promise is revisionist theology.

The Hebrew God never told his people that they needed to make a messianic impostor Lord over their life.

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

And of those hundreds of people who saw him, not even one wrote anything down until forty years later. I guess it didn't make a big impression on them, or something?

Or maybe he's just pining for the fjords.

lmao_99.gif *bonk bonk bonk* "'Ello, Jesus! I've got a nice cuttlefish for you if you wake up..."

...Uh, no; that won't work; cuttlefish aren't kosher.

We do not have Mary's blood. But there is a good possibility that we have traces of blood sample of Jesus in the Shroud.

50% of the DNA of Jesus would be from Mary. The other blood type would be from the father. What blood type does God have?

And of those hundreds of people who saw him, not even one wrote anything down until forty years later. I guess it didn't make a big impression on them, or something?

The funny thing about that passage is that apologists like to cite it as if it was 500 testimonies. It's not. It's simply one unsubstantiated claim.

50% of the DNA of Jesus would be from Mary. The other blood type would be from the father. What blood type does God have?

After several million burnt offerings my guess would be a combo of goat and sheep with traces of bull, ram and dove.

After several million burnt offerings my guess would be a combo of goat and sheep with traces of bull, ram and dove.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could find which gene gives the ability to transport between dimensions and walk through walls? Or the flying on clouds ability. So awesome! I want to know what Jesus DNA contains.

As far as Jesus manifesting physically in your home.... that is a pretty tall order. I doubt that would happen.

I doubt it too... Very much. However, that is the bare minimum of evidence that I will accept.

But the promise is that all would see him when he appears in the sky as the King of kings.

I also doubt that this "promise" has any substance. I am of the opinion that Jesus will never appear in the sky, but that there is no way to explicitly disprove the promise itself because it has no set fulfillment date and can conveniently be deferred indefinitely by believers.

Ok,.. how about Great Pumpkin flying over the pumpkin patch? How about that??

The funny thing about that passage is that apologists like to cite it as if it was 500 testimonies. It's not. It's simply one unsubstantiated claim.

Which is also hearsay. And everybody else ever since has had to take someone else's subjective experience for it.

Ok,.. how about Great Pumpkin flying over the pumpkin patch? How about that??

(Springy G makes a mental note to build a portable trebuchet that fits in the trunk of Her car; take said trebuchet to next year's Pumpkin Festival in Roland, Manitoba; and film the results for YouTube) woohoo.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching Passion of Christ - again. I think this was my 17th time since 2004. Man, man, I LOVE that movie. I am just so thankful to Mel Gibson for making this masterpiece. Wow, wow, wow. I am blown away - again for 17th time...

I am ready to face lions on this board again. I am walking on clouds right now. No atheist can pull me down. yellow.gif