• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ameen

• Neon Genesis

• Tabula Rasa

• woodsmoke

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a while since I've posted here. It will be 2 years in June since I left the madness that is pentecostalism and xtianity behind.

I now consider myself an atheist and I've been going through a lot of re-programming in terms of my beliefs. I'm now a proud supporter of the GLBTcommunity after having been a rabid brainwashed homophobe for many years. In fact this year I'm volunteering at pride weekend in my home town as a way to attone for some of my past misdeeds:I felt it was important to do more than talk! I'm also having lots of discussions with my son about gay rights. Unfortunately I along with my old church have made him homophobic and I hope that I can undo some of the damage. My parents and some of my sibs are a lost cause.

I just wish I could go back an apologize to all the people in this community whose lives I made hell during my fundie days (sigh).

BTW Ameen...the Swedish buns are nice..YUM!!

Has anyone heard Ray Boltz' pro-gay marriage song? I have it stuck in my head now. You can listen to it for free from his official site: http://rayboltzblog.files.wordpress.com/20...o-love-mix5.mp3

Beautiful song, thanks so much for sharing it.

Bisexual here. Took me a while to sort things out and actually internalize that it is indeed okay to like both. In a way you get it from both ends, no pun intended, from both the hate homosexuality crowd and the "you're just hiding behind straight-privilege" crowd.

Had to learn to take my own advice of "roll with it."

I used to be a gay man prejudiced against bisexuals since I thought one could only be gay or straight. In other words, I thought bisexuals were gays who had not come out all the way yet. After I met a few bisexuals, I got permission to attend a few meetings of a bisexual pride group here in New York so that I could hear what bisexuals had to say. As luck would have it, one week the topic was prejudice from both the gay and straight community. Did I ever feel foolish! Lesson learned.

As I've posted before, if I could choose my sexual orientation, I would be bisexual. I admire love without being limited by the person's sex, and wish I could love that way.

michie s --

It's great to see you posting here again!

Straight LGBT supporter here!

There's been a lot of talk about theater folk, but nothing about designers.

I do a lot of design work myself, but for it to be accepted by a gay interior designer really means something to me.

Kinda glad this thread is here 'cause I just came across this in an old folder that I'd had for a while.

“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals, and 362 to heterosexuals.

This doesn’t mean God doesn’t love heterosexuals, it’s just that they need more supervision.”

Lynn Lavner - lesbian comic

michie s --

It's great to see you posting here again!

Thanks pitchu! I always try to visit the site at least twice a month, mostly just lurking tho!

hey everyone, long time no post.

I am bisexual - 50/50 on average - and transgendered, but I'm uncomfortable claiming the trans label yet as I am still at quite an early stage of my transition.

Two different sides of the coin in some ways, like the label 'bisexual' was an avoidance of an appropriate gender identifier for me for a long time, even though it does aptly describe my sexual atttraction (and experience for that matter). The way this 'worked' for me, is that if you're bisexual, you can be any gender, and like any gender . . . so which gender *are* you? Well that implies a binary gender system but hopefully my point comes across.

And on that note I see bisexual as an abbbreviation of binary-sexual - 'I like men and women in whatever combination'. Does this label adequately account for attraction to trans people, intersexed people, agendered people, intergendered people etc (if I've left anyone off I'm sorry)? Just a random theory of mine :D

And it follows I suppose, that I might find some good balance between male and female. Whether that means only getting some surgeries, not becoming a woman legally, or living part of my life as a woman and part as a man, remains to be seen.

I have been through quite a weird shift in the last year or so as I plan my jouney to becoming a woman: I am also transitioning my career from accounting which uses quite male skills in a lot of ways, to something more generally people orineted, I get to pic a new name, and design a new body (within finnacial contsraints of course!).

With my transition so far there has been the acceptance that my relationship with my family will slowly fade out until it's non-existent. That in most ways has little to do with me being bi and trans, although that is an aspect, in that I might not have realised that my family are quite messed up as people if I was not bi and/or trans, and come to accept iy. I feel sorry for my parents because I see two people who for whatever reason(s) never got the opportunity to mature.

I am lucky to have so many choices on how to live my life.

hey everyone, long time no post.

I am bisexual - 50/50 on average - and transgendered, but I'm uncomfortable claiming the trans label yet as I am still at quite an early stage of my transition.

Two different sides of the coin in some ways, like the label 'bisexual' was an avoidance of an appropriate gender identifier for me for a long time, even though it does aptly describe my sexual atttraction (and experience for that matter). The way this 'worked' for me, is that if you're bisexual, you can be any gender, and like any gender . . . so which gender *are* you? Well that implies a binary gender system but hopefully my point comes across.

And on that note I see bisexual as an abbbreviation of binary-sexual - 'I like men and women in whatever combination'. Does this label adequately account for attraction to trans people, intersexed people, agendered people, intergendered people etc (if I've left anyone off I'm sorry)? Just a random theory of mine :D

And it follows I suppose, that I might find some good balance between male and female. Whether that means only getting some surgeries, not becoming a woman legally, or living part of my life as a woman and part as a man, remains to be seen.

I have been through quite a weird shift in the last year or so as I plan my jouney to becoming a woman: I am also transitioning my career from accounting which uses quite male skills in a lot of ways, to something more generally people orineted, I get to pic a new name, and design a new body (within finnacial contsraints of course!).

With my transition so far there has been the acceptance that my relationship with my family will slowly fade out until it's non-existent. That in most ways has little to do with me being bi and trans, although that is an aspect, in that I might not have realised that my family are quite messed up as people if I was not bi and/or trans, and come to accept iy. I feel sorry for my parents because I see two people who for whatever reason(s) never got the opportunity to mature.

I am lucky to have so many choices on how to live my life.

Hi Trev,

Nice to meet you. I transitioned two years ago and never looked back and my partner is also trans. I would say you are pansexual. LOL @ labels though, you know? I like to say "I like who I like" and it could be anyone of any gender variant.

My family has a hard time with me, to say the least. I haven't spoken to my father in almost two years. My Mom loves me and is OK with me but because of my father I don't see or talk to her a lot. My one fundy sister also won't have anything to do with me. Meh, life goes on. We were never much of a family anyway and my father has always been a dick, so while it has been tough at times, overall, no big loss really. The loss is theirs, I think.

You sound like my partner... When she started she always said "I'm a butch lesbian" and I laughed at her because she and her style are more femme than I am and I don't even fit into the category of butch. We were talking about this just last night in fact. She kept saying that because she never thought she'd pass as femme, but truthfully she does quite well, other than a few male mannerisms and her voice she needs to work on more...

And with the job you sound a lot like me. I work in a very male dominated field. There are times I have wanted nothing more than to pitch it because of that. But overall, it's been a good experience and it was my dream career so I'm sticking with it. You may be surprised at how well your career works for you, especially if it's something you went to school for and really like. Lots of women work in accounting.

Not trying to preach at you, trying to be encouraging. Good luck in your journey and feel free to contact me if you'd like. I know a LOT of great people who may be of help to you if you want or need it. Most of us migrated from message boards to Facebook.

Later!

Ceili

Lots of women work in accounting.

I work as an accountant for Fidelity Investments. There are 140 accountants in the room I work in. At least 40% female. Go for it!

Lots of women work in accounting.

I work as an accountant for Fidelity Investments. There are 140 accountants in the room I work in. At least 40% female. Go for it!

And there are about a half dozen female radio engineers, if that. Out of that half dozen, I'm probably one of two that specialize in the transmitter plants.

I guess you could say I'm still working out the kinks...I first admitted to myself that I'm bisexual at sixteen, though I suspected it earlier (and didn't want to face it), and while I've been out for over ten years my own definition of what all that means has evolved over time. I used to think for the longest that I had to "pick" one gender or the other when it comes to someone to get married to, which is a concept I still struggle with. Why I can't marry a guy and still have a girlfriend (sometimes), and have that be cool with people, I don't know.

As a bisexual female in my part of the States (Pacific Northwest), however, I don't have nearly as much homophobia to deal with as I thought I would once I came out. Even with my own family it just hasn't really come up, and they're all more-or-less Christian--but they leave me alone on that subject. Maybe I'm lucky, but I just haven't had the resistance from other people...straight or gay. So I take it as a free pass to be just--me.

As far as gender goes, while I'm not trans myself I do feel a certain amount of what trans people go through. I actually have had a few problems identifying as a woman, but it's not as though I necessarily want to be a guy 24/7--what I really want is to be able to switch back and forth between masculine and feminine roles. Maybe that's why I like drag so much; I guess you could say I'm a closet drag king, but I'd just as soon go the other direction and slap on the makeup, wig, and outrageous dress and do a show tune. I don't know what you call it when you don't want to do hormones or surgery, but you want to go as a man some of the time and a woman at other times...that's me. Why the hell gender has to be so damn binary, I don't know.

It all adds up to: most of the time, I want to be a woman with a man, or a woman with another woman--but, sometimes, I really wish I had the male equipment...at least for a while. Just so I could go "do" the "other side" as well and explore that facet of myself in more depth.

I'm not as open about this side of things as I am about the bisexuality, though. For one thing, it's harder to explain and, while I have a fairly androgynous appearance (broad shoulders, not the most feminine face, hair on my chin and neck), most of the time I look very much like a woman. I'm still defining where I am on this one.