Goodbye Jesus

Why I Am Stupid And Lnc Is Smart

shantonu

Did he ever finally grasp the concept that atheism is not a belief?

I doubt it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• shantonu

• agnosticator

• Neon Genesis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to the continuing saga of beer....

I finally found a heffeweizen. It's brand is Weihenstephaner, hefe weissbier. The name is quite a mouthful. I can't describe the taste, probably because I never really tasted hops before. But I liked it. It wasn't bitter. I would get it again. I have yet to find the others you mention, but Binny's beverage depot could order them for me. Thanks again.

What's interesting is that some of the beers can be extremely filling, almost like having a whole lunch. And some are better before food, some during, and some after, of course.

There's one expensive beer that I just discovered, and it's very good.

It's called Samuel Adam's Chocolate Bock. Yes, it's a chocolate flavored. But it's just a hint of it, but oh, it's a very delicious beer... but it's frigging $15 bucks for a bottle (large bottle though, not the regular size)! (But that isn't the most expensive one I ever had. I had a champagne beer which costs about 30-40 bucks... :eek: I heard from one of my beer-lover friends that there is some super-limited beer that costs like 100-200. ... ... eek...)

post-324-1236536273_thumb.jpg

As I said, I'm a connoisseur. Most of the brands I drink are lot less of course, and I have a Bevmo card and get discounts. And I don't drink so much during the week, maybe a half of a bottle, so one lasts two days. But Friday comes I have maybe one or two of those giant bottles.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Heffen experience. It's a very good starting point, and it's easier to find.

It looks like the Sam Adams bottle itself cost$$$! I'll never be a connoisseur, but when I do have a beer, I will drink quality products thanks to your advice. :beer:

It looks like the Sam Adams bottle itself cost$$$! I'll never be a connoisseur, but when I do have a beer, I will drink quality products thanks to your advice. :beer:

It's a very nice bottle. The "label" is a metal plate embedded in the glass. No cheap stuff there. But hey, it's cool to try once.