Goodbye Jesus

What Do Ya'll Do With The Bible You Use To Believe?

Guest WAVESFORFUN

Guest WAVESFORFUN

What do you do with the Bible you once believed that told about what happens to those who turn there back on God? What did you think about it when you did believe? Did you ever think you would leave Christianity?

Be Faithful

7 Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:

“ Today, if you will hear His voice,

8 Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion,

In the day of trial in the wilderness,

9 Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me,

And saw My works forty years.

10 Therefore I was angry with that generation,

And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,

And they have not known My ways.’

11 So I swore in My wrath,

‘ They shall not enter My rest.’”

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said:

“ Today, if you will hear His voice,

Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”[c]

16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

and in Philippians 3

7 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. 18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.

Hebrews 6

1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will[a] do if God permits.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mriana

• chefranden

• Ouroboros

• Snakefoot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's your question? I only see a bunch of Bible quotes. Did you have any particular thing you were wondering about, or are you just throwing Bible verses to see what sticks? :shrug:

Guest WAVESFORFUN
What's your question? I only see a bunch of Bible quotes. Did you have any particular thing you were wondering about, or are you just throwing Bible verses to see what sticks? :shrug:

Well assuming exchristians use to believe those...what do they do with them now? Up and forget them?

Well assuming exchristians use to believe those...what do they do with them now? Up and forget them?

I'm still not quite sure what you mean. You mean, do we forget the Bible verses? Yeah, I've forgotten many of the ones I used to know. Do I have any value of them? No. Not really. I don't see why they would. I kind of like to read many different books now, and some of them have pretty good stuff. It shapes me, but I don't think I necessarily have to remember certain Bible verses anymore.

Guest WAVESFORFUN

I'm still not quite sure what you mean. You mean, do we forget the Bible verses? Yeah, I've forgotten many of the ones I used to know. Do I have any value of them? No. Not really. I don't see why they would. I kind of like to read many different books now, and some of them have pretty good stuff. It shapes me, but I don't think I necessarily have to remember certain Bible verses anymore.

But what do you do with the parts that told you happen to people who leave? Do they bother you? did they?

I don't do anything with it, and no, none of it bothers me at all.

But what do you do with the parts that told you happen to people who leave? Do they bother you? did they?

NONE of us care anymore. That's why this site says EX-Christian. If we were intimidated or afraid, we would still be one.

Get a clue you troll, and take a hike. :loser:

• Super Moderator

Guest WAVESFORFUN

NONE of us care anymore. That's why this site says EX-Christian. If we were intimidated or afraid, we would still be one.

Get a clue you troll, and take a hike.

Well some still seem to have a concept of hell. So where does that concept come from?

1. What do you do with the Bible you once believed that told about what happens to those who turn there back on God? 2.What did you think about it when you did believe? 3. Did you ever think you would leave Christianity?

1. I sold most of them with the rest of my library. I kept a couple for study and for arguing. I seldom use them anymore because Bible Gateway is easier.

2. Once I believed it, now I don't.

3. No, I didn't think I would leave Christianity. But truth be told, like in my short short story in the other thread, Christianity left me.

By the way, you seem to be a bit of a prick so far. But I'll let it pass for awhile. It's hard to be humble when you think you on the top of the pile, ain't so?

Guest WAVESFORFUN
1. What do you do with the Bible you once believed that told about what happens to those who turn there back on God? 2.What did you think about it when you did believe? 3. Did you ever think you would leave Christianity?

1. I sold most of them with the rest of my library. I kept a couple for study and for arguing. I seldom use them anymore because Bible Gateway is easier.

2. Once I believed it, now I don't.

3. No, I didn't think I would leave Christianity. But truth be told, like in my short short story in the other thread, Christianity left me.

By the way, you seem to be a bit of a prick so far. But I'll let it pass for awhile. It's hard to be humble when you think you on the top of the pile, ain't so?

So, a book that means nothing that warned about leaving God.....never even crosses anyones mind.....?

They bother me as much as it bothers me to think that Santa Claus is going to find out who’s naughty and who’s nice. And quite frankly, that does not bother me at all.

WAVESFORFUN, at one time I bought into the whole salvation story. But, at this point in my life, I view the bible as another book of fiction. The threats have absolutely no power over me. I’m happy, fulfilled, loving and kind. When I die, it’s over and it was enough. No angst, no twisted car wreck, no regrets.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Eh... nope. They don't bother me one iota. The Bible wasn't any concern when I realized the whole a-God-somewhere-behind-the-curtain-in-a-separate-dimension idea was rather nonsensical.

What do you want me to do with them?

It turns out those verses are just as bogus as the rest of it.

Well some still seem to have a concept of hell. So where does that concept come from?

Popular culture (AC/DC rock group for example) and fiction such as The Bible. Are you that simple?

Greek mythology, mixed with Zoroastrianism, and influenced yet further by Dante. The Bile is rather scarce in depicting Hell, and is even conflicting when it does.

I think that it came from the Babylonians mostly. I don't know where they got it from. The Jews picked it up along with going to heaven during the captivity. John the Revelator wrote down his bad soma trip. Dante added some dandy hell bling. John Edwards dangled sinners over the pit of hell by a thread. Lindsy offered the get out of hell free card. And here we are.

John the Revelator - Phil Keaggy did a killer version of that.

So, a book that means nothing that warned about leaving God.....never even crosses anyones mind.....?

You are as vague as dear old End.

Did you know that other holy books warn you about ignoring them and their associated god as well? Does that ever cross your mind?

Aren't you afraid of Allah? You should be: Allah's hell makes Yahweh look like a piker.

If you piss Zeus off he's likely to chain you to a rock and have your liver eaten out by eagles every day. Ouch that's gotta hurt.

Koeln_wrm_1044.jpg

• Super Moderator
What do you do with the Bible

bible_as_toilet_paper.jpg

"For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped[a] from those who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning."

1. Is this true of you?

I just had to answer this

1. No. I leave the evil shit to the Christians.

I tried that, but the pages are too slippery to get the shit off. So much for being whiter than snow.

The Bile is rather scarce in depicting Hell, and is even conflicting when it does.

Sorry I should have been more explicit - The Bible as taught by numerous Baptist hellfire preachers.

Good misspelling of "Bible" Hans, was it deliberate?

Holy crap!!! This is the best buffetphan!!!