Goodbye Jesus

Cognitive Dissonance At Its Cruelest

PitterPatter

Next time, you might cry about the typo. Even if you were right, it's hardly consequential to my post. Atheists, LOL.

Weak. I'd rate that a 2/10 on the troll scale.

Now just where did you hear about the troll scale... :lmao:

Ugh...what an ass. Yes, I'm angry about learning about the "virgin myth" in Zimbabwe, and the fact that you aren't angry about it says something about you Doobie. PK had absolutely no reaction on learning about it either. She nodded her head with that Christian complacency...I assume you think that places like Africa don't matter and perhaps they're getting God's just punishment...God loves America most right?

On the same point, I got into a brief discussion about abortion with this girl and her sister shortly after Obama's Notre Dame speech. I told them about Manila, where Catholic laws prohibit contraception and abortion...obviously a recipe for disaster. There's overpopulation and these people just live in awful despair. Their response..."Oh well that's a third world country"...with a laugh... That certainly does not make these people irrelevant, and this is a real world explosion we can look at from bad policy that fights human nature. I really resent the way that religion tries to define humanity in a little box and control human behavior. As disgusting as this "virgin myth" is, it hasn't been nearly as destructive as the "Jesus Myth".

And thank you everyone for totally owning Doobie! His anti-gay speech was disgusting, he clearly did not know the definition of adultery, and he's probably dumb enough to not believe in spousal rape. Christians just seem to have a difficult time accepting the concept that women own their bodies and should be allowed to choose what happens to their bodies.

None of you would ever be treated in a Christian forum with even half the disrespect you people show for Christians .

You don't get out much, do you?

The only thing I intend to accomplish here is gain a better understanding.

Liar.

(not meaning myself)

Liar.

On the same point, I got into a brief discussion about abortion with this girl and her sister shortly after Obama's Notre Dame speech. I told them about Manila, where Catholic laws prohibit contraception and abortion...obviously a recipe for disaster. There's overpopulation and these people just live in awful despair. Their response..."Oh well that's a third world country"...with a laugh... That certainly does not make these people irrelevant, and this is a real world explosion we can look at from bad policy that fights human nature. I really resent the way that religion tries to define humanity in a little box and control human behavior. As disgusting as this "virgin myth" is, it hasn't been nearly as destructive as the "Jesus Myth".

Well, she's right, it's a third world country and therefore its despair and overpopulation have more to do with poverty and geopolitic than with abortion policy. /shrug. Just saying.

Doobie sounds like a douche, but a familiar one.

Pitter, at what point do you think your PK will feel harassed by these potshots at her religion/thoughts?

My question is, why is he posting in this part of the forum in the first place? If he's a fundie, shouldn't he be restricted to the Lion's Den?

ETA: Or is it that fundies just aren't allowed to post in the Testimony section? I'm kind of confused about that. Either way, this guy is saying really hateful things and no one seems to be doing much about it.

Christians must not post in Testimonies and should not post in Ex-Christian Life. Once in a great while, a post from a Christian in Ex-Christian Life is actually pertinent and let to stand, but it's rare.

Just because Doobie shows the soulless selfishness of a moray eel, that's not enough reason to stop him from posting.

One of the important purposes of this site is to show the utter morally bankrupt nature of Christianity, so for the public to see the kind of bile he and others like him put out only helps with that. One of the things I've come to understand from years as a member here is that there are a lot of folks who are struggling with why their Christianity isn't working as promised in the sales brochure, why their god is so obviously less moral than they are, and so on, and a large number of them never sign up as members or post, but they do a lot of reading here. I know for a fact that there have been a good number of people who came here as Christians and, in reading the material here, deconverted.

They've said that one of the primary factors in these deconversions (after theology and history) was that these Christians saw many posts such as Doobie's, and had to ask themselves, "Where is the Holy Spirit in Doobie? Why hasn't Jesus exerted any influence in Doobie's life? What good is Christianity if it can't produce anything morally worthwhile in a guy like Doobie?"

And thinking statistically, I can't help but think that for every one of these Christians that I know about, there have been many more who never announced themselves. Every once in a while, on a forum's index page, take a look at the difference between the numbers in the "replies" column and the numbers in the "views" column. Even when subtracting a reasonable amount of views for people who are returning multiple times to a favorite thread, sometimes the large number of views compared to replies is almost staggering.

Think of all the decent, upstanding and intelligent Christians you've known who would read Doobie's posts with horror and disgust. It helps further the purposes of this site to let the public see posters like him in all their vile sliminess.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

~ 1st Corinthians

• Like 1

Well, she's right, it's a third world country and therefore its despair and overpopulation have more to do with poverty and geopolitic than with abortion policy. /shrug. Just saying.

Doobie sounds like a douche, but a familiar one.

Pitter, at what point do you think your PK will feel harassed by these potshots at her religion/thoughts?

Well I certainly wasn't claiming that everything negative in Manila stems from these bad laws, or that it is the sole reason these people live in despair. They have a long way to go. But it causes starvation and slows progress.

Ugh...what an ass. Yes, I'm angry about learning about the "virgin myth" in Zimbabwe, and the fact that you aren't angry about it says something about you Doobie.

What should I be angry about? What goes on in Zimbabwe is not my business. What goes on in life is only momentary.

PK had absolutely no reaction on learning about it either. She nodded her head with that Christian complacency...I assume you think that places like Africa don't matter and perhaps they're getting God's just punishment...God loves America most right?

PK was ambushed and was trying to respond to something she wasn't familiar with. And, you were wrong. You were wrong in both your case and in your behavior.

The Atheists have a solution to crowding, mass genocide against their own citizens. Atheists murdered tens of millions of their own people in the 20th century, not counting the atheist fetish to kill their own children in the womb (which is involuntary in China). Another Atheist solution is leftist oppression and perversion that reduces normal sexual activity, reducing the number of babies and adults to kill. If you ever meet someone from Manila, be sure to tell her that you think she should never have been born, and that you have all sorts of ideas for thought crimes that you would use to lock her up to prevent her from breeding.

I'm not saying that you think the Philippines need their own Pol Pot, and I'm not saying they need the Catholic Church's eccentricities.

Manila is a third-world city. Life would be miserable there regardless of population density. Is the quality of life there any worse than any other 3rd-world city? One measure of the quality of life is life-expectancy. Nearly half the nations of the world have a lower life expectancy that the Philippines. This one fact appears to contradict your thesis.

It's their 3rd-world status more than Catholic influence that promotes high population density. It's not like the old days where disease and fighting would limit the populations of 3rd-world nations. White men and Christians have brought technology and aid to the 3rd-world, ending the horrors that traditionally limited their population growth. Thanks, perhaps to the Catholic Church, they don't even have an AIDS problem killing them en mass, as AIDS does some other places. It'll take them some time to adjust their culture to control reproduction.

And thank you everyone for totally owning Doobie! His anti-gay speech was disgusting, he clearly did not know the definition of adultery, and he's probably dumb enough to not believe in spousal rape.

Acting like retarded jackasses is not "owning" anyone. I had a good laugh when someone quotes the dictionary that defines adultery as sex outside of marriage for a married person and then the twit tells me that the dictionary contradicts my statement that adultery is sex outside of marriage for a married person. I suppose this is why Atheists don't usually try to say much intelligent, because they just come off looking hilarious.

Spousal rape is an oxymoron. The marriage contract makes sex the couple's business, not the state's business. Any sensable woman should be insulted by the equating of a thug assaulting someone in the park with a sexual partner being persistant. Feminism seems to be about watering down the seriouness of rape. Some feminists have even insisted that fully consensual sex is rape.

Christians just seem to have a difficult time accepting the concept that women own their bodies and should be allowed to choose what happens to their bodies.

Abortion doesn't kill the woman's body, it kills the body of the child of a man and a woman. I accept the concept that Athiesm is built on death and Christianity is built on life.

dontfeedthetroll.jpg

What should I be angry about? What goes on in Zimbabwe is not my business. What goes on in life is only momentary.

What a convenient way to justify violence. "Your suffering is only temporary." What a load of shit.

PK was ambushed and was trying to respond to something she wasn't familiar with. And, you were wrong. You were wrong in both your case and in your behavior.

No, she isn't. You're the one who's wrong, and many of us have pointed that out to you on several occasions.

I had a good laugh when someone quotes the dictionary that defines adultery as sex outside of marriage for a married person and then the twit tells me that the dictionary contradicts my statement that adultery is sex outside of marriage for a married person.

You clearly misunderstood what I was saying. I said that premarital sex is not the same as adultery. Adultery implies that one of the people involved is married. Premarital sex does not. The ten commandments condemns adultery, not premarital sex. They're not the same thing. I don't know how many times someone has to tell you that until it get through your skull.

Spousal rape is an oxymoron. The marriage contract makes sex the couple's business, not the state's business. Any sensable woman should be insulted by the equating of a thug assaulting someone in the park with a sexual partner being persistant. Feminism seems to be about watering down the seriouness of rape. Some feminists have even insisted that fully consensual sex is rape.

Women and men can be raped by a partner in a relationship. Rape is sex that is not consensual. It doesn't matter where it happens or the relationship of the people involved.

Abortion doesn't kill the woman's body, it kills the body of the child of a man and a woman. I accept the concept that Athiesm is built on death and Christianity is built on life.

Abortion doesn't kill children. Aborting a fetus is not equivalent to murdering a child. I don't know where you fundies get this idea, but it's a false one. It's not even the same as killing a fully developed baby. A fertilized egg is not a baby. It's a fertilized egg. A zygote or a fetus also isn't a baby. That's why there are scientific terms that differentiate them. A baby or a fetus that is at the term of viability can live outside of the mother. A fetus that hasn't reached that point cannot.

Here's a question that I have for you: If we're so stupid and offensive, then why do you bother posting here? What do you get out of this?

dontfeedthetroll.jpg

Aww, but it's so cute! With a little bit of grooming, it can look like a doll. But it does tend to act like a opossum, so I will refrain from wielding my double headed battle axe of knowledge and bifurcating it's ignorance.

I think Doobie needs to stop toking, it fries his brain.

dontfeedthetroll.jpg

Is stabbing the troll over and over with dull, rusty knives permitted?

I kid, I kid.

...Or do I? :Duivel7:

To the OP: next time just say you're in the middle of something when she is in that mode. I also would advise you, if your company allows it, to bring an MP3 player and headphones to block out her religious talk. Debating controversial subjects at work is a good way to get oneself into trouble.

Doobie, go find a fanatical Christian site to spew your hateful anti-gay rhetoric on. That kind of stuff is not welcome here.

Liar.

(not meaning myself)

Liar.

So I'm not the only one who occasionally uses the "L" word when it's glaringly obvious? Good to know.

Cain, is that you? :ugh:

A request for consistency here, please, Doobie. If you honestly think that what goes on in Zimbabwe is not your business, then we're going to have to examine and set a reasonable limit to your boundaries.

It makes no sense to say that Zimbabwe is out of bounds but things happening on your own continent are in bounds.

It makes no sense to say that Zimbabwe is out of bounds but things happening in your own nation are in bounds.

It makes no sense to say that Zimbabwe is out of bounds but things happening in your own state or province are in bounds.

It makes no sense to say that Zimbabwe is out of bounds but things happening in your home town are in bounds.

It makes no sense to say that Zimbabwe is out of bounds but things happening on your street are in bounds.

Therefore, I have determined that your boundaries are best set at the limits of your own body perimeter.

In other words: If you are unwilling to extend your concern to Zimbabwe, do not extend it at all. It is hypocritical to mourn aborted blastocysts and zygotes and fetuses conceived by people you don't even know, yet ignore the suffering of people being raped in Zimbabwe.

Spousal rape is an oxymoron.

No; it is an ugly reality. I speak from personal experience here. (And yes, I divorced the S.O.B.)

Heh. What I find ironic is that even when I was a practicing Christian, I likely would have liked the crowd here. So far I have found no viciousness or narrow-mindedness when people bring solid, rational, and philosophical reasoning to this board. We have conversed with some Christians here in a polite and equivocal manner.

It is evident that the problem poster here (claiming to represent the Christian view) is only interested in using intimidation to create negative reaction to confirm his theory that atheists are evil people. Or narrow-minded. Or, hey "death-directed".

And 20th century monsters like Pol Pot and Stalin weren't atheists; they had no moral compass that most atheists or Christians have.

They simply didn't care, and would have employed religion (like Hitler did) if it served their political aims. The Stalinist and Nazi ideologies are so striking in that they are very much like religion; tons of claims that are based upon assumption and emotionalism. All of their ideologies irrational, like religion.

Atheism is neither left, right, or center, since you can find such people clear across the political spectrum.

You really need to get an education, son.

Guest QuidEstCaritas?
Adultery is sex outside of marriage (even if only for someone who is married). At least on points 1 and 3 you didn't try exceed your ability (monosyllabic insults). Next time, you might cry about the typo. Even if you were right, it's hardly consequential to my post. Atheists, LOL.

A square is a rectangle, but not all rectangles are squares.

You know you just pwned yourself with what you just said about adultery and sex outside of marriage right?

I just thought I would point that out, seeing as how you are so sure of yourself (Pride).

Doobie, you clearly do not know what rape is.

Rape isn't always thugs attacking innocent women walking through a park. Most of the time, the victims *know* their rapists. They're boyfriends, husbands, fathers, brothers, cousins, uncles, friends, neighbors, teachers, bosses, men you just see around walking down the street or just classmates.

Rape is forced sex. Anything less that clear consent is rape. If a woman says no and her partner keeps going, it's rape.

How about you go get a brain, learn what rape and adultery are, and then come back when you can think like a decent human being?

Next time, you might cry about the typo. Even if you were right, it's hardly consequential to my post. Atheists, LOL.

Weak. I'd rate that a 2/10 on the troll scale.

I'd still hit it. :wicked::fdevil:

Unless you are getting off on this ugly, you are in the wrong place for achieving whatever it is you think your posts will accomplish.

Phanta

The fact is, your atheist friend, PitterPatter, out of raw bigotry and ignorance (or dishonesty), proudly harassed a co-worker, and did the harassing with a backward interpretation of a biblical story. She then comes here to get applause and accolades. The biblical story really is about people being punished for rape, the opposite of what PitterPatter claimed. It's also a fact that these miserable rapists were something liberals hilariously like to call "gay". The Bible is against rape.

If you did not listen others telling you the truth, you will not listen to me. No matter how tactfully I corrected PitterPatter, it would not have penetrated the hatred and anger that's in this forum. All I would have accomplished with Miss California's tact and graciousness is a bigoted response less pointed than, "Go fuck yourself, you bandwidth-sucking piece of shit" (that's someone who is suffering from serious insecurity). Maybe not even that (as proved by that pervert judge). Some people hear simply pride themselves on their rudeness and obtuseness. BTW, I want to thank Gwenmead for not insulting reason and myself in any less direct manner, as he originally intended.

The only thing I intend to accomplish here is gain a better understanding. None of you would ever be treated in a Christian forum with even half the disrespect you people show for Christians (not meaning myself). Shame on you.

I'm sorry, what type of sex was Lot offering up his daughters for? Consensual?

There have been some excellent posts. :) And spousal rape is an unfortunate and very common reality. A piece of paper doesn't give a man a right to force a woman to have sex with him. And most women don't consider a beating acceptable foreplay. Doobie has said some really disgusting insulting things, and I wish I could say that his views are outside the scope of your "average Christian" but this hasn't been my observation. The "God goggles" distort reality in terrible ways...

Liar.

(not meaning myself)

Liar.

So I'm not the only one who occasionally uses the "L" word when it's glaringly obvious? Good to know.

No you're not, dear lady. But then again, most of us here are very familiar with the reputation Old Order Mennonites have for being a brash, rude and uncivilized bunch. There's a reason the bikers clear out when the Mennonites come rolling into town for a wild night.

Aww, the kid shows his face again. You know, I've noticed how strongly he protests against teh ghey here. Don't know about anyone else here, but I'm seeing homoflauge* in action. Given his apparent need to recieve verbal abuse and spankings, I'm pretty sure the guy is a total sub who is into being beaten and humiliated, told how worthless he is, etc. He's just too poor and repugnant to afford a proper Dom.

Keep posting, Doobie. Keep giving us proof that Christian love is a sham and a lie. Keep showing us the true face. Everything you do here serves me and us.

*Homoflauge: acting very anti-gay to cover up the fact that you really only get off on your own gender, i.e. you're queer as a three-dollar bill.

Back to the topic at hand. Yep, last I checked, the Bible not only doesn't forbid rape, but some of the stories celebrate it (i.e. kill everyone in the village except the virgins...I think you all know the rest). In fact, iirc, those that refused were themselves killed.