Goodbye Jesus

I want to declare war on Christian Forums!

BuddhistCommunist

We have had many skirmishes with the people of ChristianForums and the've done little more than encourage the Xtians to fight harder for our conversion. I say we should declare war on christianforums to show that Atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, Pagans, Wiccans, Agnostics, Unitarians, Daoists, Confucionists, Shintoists, Shamans, Nordics, Beliefs of the Ancients and last, but not least, the Satanist will not stand for the religious domination of chrstianity that is so prominate in the Western world. And beyond that we need to show everyone in our community everyone that we know, What we are. We are Exchristians, We reserve the right to protect our beliefs and the futures of our children, from a religion that would turn us all into christian Nazis under "Adolf God". We reserve the right to speak the truth, free of bigotry and contempt. We reserve the right, to speak freely to others as a christian would to us. We reserve the right to believe what happens to us after death, not for the christian to tell us what will happen. Believe me, I know many good people that are christians, but I'm speaking of those we all know in our hearts are a nousense, possibly even a danger to the futures of our children.

Thank you

Mazoch

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• BuddhistCommunist

• fallenleaf

• dr_funkenstein

Dang, BC! Who done pissed in YOUR Cheerios™? My goodness! Maybe this would be better served in the Rants section? I mean, I feel your frustration and all, but "shooting" Jehovah's Witnesses for approaching your house? Seems a tad bit overkill, even for ME! (And I'm notoriously E-ville.) I'm all for active opposition to the Christian/Religious Reich but I'd like it NOT to involve violence and bloodshed as I still have family members on the "other side".

Well yes the Jehovas witness thing was a bit overboard sorry.. I don't really advocate violence I'm a buddhist afterall, But I'm also a young adult who does not have much control over his emotions yet, hence 16 years of being a christian and 2 years of being a buddhist. So yes just yelling..... no guns..... I swear....... :HaHa::nono::twitch::thanks:

Dang, BC!  Who done pissed in YOUR Cheerios?  My goodness!  Maybe this would be better served in the Rants section?  I mean, I feel your frustration and all, but "shooting" Jehovah's Witnesses for approaching your house?  Seems a tad bit overkill, even for ME!  (And I'm notoriously E-ville.)  I'm all for active opposition to the Christian/Religious Reich but I'd like it NOT to involve violence and bloodshed as I still have family members on the "other side".

I'm a pacifist so violence would be out of the question unless I was protecting some one from violence.

Aside from that, I too loved what B-C posted.

Well yes the Jehovas witness thing was a bit overboard sorry.. I don't really advocate violence I'm a buddhist afterall, But I'm also a young adult who does not have much control over his emotions yet, hence 16 years of being a christian and 2 years of being a buddhist. So yes just yelling..... no guns..... I swear....... :HaHa:   :nono:   :twitch:   :thanks:

Hehe! I thought that was kinda funny in light of you being a buddhist. This makes much more sense.

I say we should declare war on christianforums to show that Atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, Pagans, Wiccans, Agnostics, Unitarians, Daoists, Confucionists, Shintoists, Shamans, Nordics, Beliefs of the Ancients and last, but not least, the Satanist will not stand for the religious domination of chrstianity that is so prominate in the Western world.

I say we respect their rules, just as we expect them to respect ours. (say that 3 times fast). There are other forums where freethought is permitted alongside unfree thought (faith delusions of various forms).

But then, I'm a capitalist pig, so what do I know?

Oh. Joy.

I say it is better to be insightful than inciteful.

Oh. Joy.

I say it is better to be insightful than inciteful.

Your path has merit Khan.

I still agree with the light that B-C has shed on the terrain even if actually bothering with the brainwashed will mostly be a fruitless effort.....but it could be fun! Who knows it could get some to thinking maybe thier beliefs are bullshit. Never know.

Don't you think its a shame though that we must always be closeted in our beliefs because our beliefs are rude offline in real life?How a xer zealot is tolerated even if they are annoying because we all gota respect the xian and her/his beliefs while we gota be silent about our rude beliefs? How do you change a bigots mind? It is especially hard if you can't use the "B" word in describing what thier holybook is.

Thanks to the bible an xer is justified and encouraged in being a bigot. Some believers will pick the bigoted scriptures and some won't. Each new convert has a chance of having thier own mind and choosing for themselves what to take from the bible. Xers cherry pick the bible, but so long as people give power to that book it seems even more credible to all believers....even the in your face xers. Some xers don't do hateful things, but it can take just one hateful xer to destroy the lives of many.

I think a solution would be to try and reduce the number of xers so that the bible has even less power. That means changing minds. That means heathens should be more visible in thier communities.

I think it takes all kinds of styles to make the world go round. Perhaps a person can get something from the soft touch as well as the tough approach. Maybe its all good.

We have had many skirmishes with the people of ChristianForums and the've done little more than encourage the Xtians to fight harder for our conversion. I say we should declare war on christianforums to show that Atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, Pagans, Wiccans, Agnostics, Unitarians, Daoists, Confucionists, Shintoists, Shamans, Nordics, Beliefs of the Ancients and last, but not least, the Satanist will not stand for the religious domination of chrstianity that is so prominate in the Western world.
Forum wars aren't my thing.

*waves*

Have fun storming the castle!

I say we respect their rules, just as we expect them to respect ours. (say that 3 times fast). There are other forums where freethought is permitted alongside unfree thought ...

You can still go their apologetics forum, since it's all about 'defending christianity'

- and you can't defend what no-one's attacking.

Well, you can, but that means nothings going on,

but anyway...

OK buddistmeister...

Lemmie say this clearly in this thread so we all may understand:

We will not forment Board Wars, period.

Those doing so risk forfeit of their posting privs here at ExC.

We will not under any circumstances use the Forums to kick off pursefights with other groups.

Violating daFatman's wishes on this matter will earn a quick time out pending the Admin's decision as what to do with your account.

Do not jump off ExC to a boardfight, do not start pissy pursefights. Do not drag other Board's problems back to ExC.

kL

Hmm, so much anger in these younglings. ;)

We are Exchristians, We reserve the right to protect our beliefs and the futures of our children, from a religion that would turn us all into christian Nazis under "Adolf God". We reserve the right to speak the truth, free of bigotry and contempt. We reserve the right, to speak freely to others as a christian would to us. We reserve the right to believe what happens to us after death, not for the christian to tell us what will happen.

BC, freedoms like these exist without the need to declare them to anyone. You have the right to protect yourself from being compelled to follow another religion. You have the right to speak as you want. And you reserve the right to believe was you wish. You have no need to declare these things. You are also free to hear the opinions and beliefs of others without bigotry and contempt. Sadly, you do lack the freedom to force others to accept your beliefs without argument or expressing their own opinion. Your freedom does not extend to the point where compelling others to resond as you wish is included. "There is no governor anywhere. You are absolutelly free." Unfortunately, freedom is for everyone... not just us.

Don't you think its a shame though that we must always be closeted in our beliefs because our beliefs are rude offline in real life?How a xer zealot is tolerated even if they are annoying because we all gota respect the xian and her/his beliefs while we gota be silent about our rude beliefs?

Ah... DC, this is where you find your frustration. You assume that because another's rudeness is tolerated that it is no longer rude. A Christian that sermonizes in public to the unwilling is being unabashedly rude. You are not required to remain silent but your good manners inform you that you should. Returning a rude act with rudeness isn't going to improve anything. If you hold a door open for someone and they don't even look at you... let alone say thank you... do you chase them down and yell, "Well, fuck you buddy! See if I ever hold a door for you again!"? Of course not. You let it go and continue to live your life knowing that at least you did the correct thing. The vast mojority of people listening to a Christian evangelize are probably uncomfortable with what is going on, even if they happen to be Christian themselves. They just do not know how to react without being rude themselves or making the situation worse.

With that said, the internet is different from public. Christians on a Christian website can expect that their audience desires to hear it or at least have some interest in it or they wouldn't be there. It's much like a church, the audience has selected to be there knowing what was going to be the subject (ignoring children forced to be in church -- which is even less a problem online). There is no rudeness there. They have a "private" forum, open to the public, where they are talking about what they want. No one is forced to sit through a message they don't want to hear. No one is told they need to believe it without knowing that it's likely they would be told that before encountering it. The only rude person would be those who go with the intent to stir up shit.

In real life, you recognize that responding to rudeness is rude... and yet you wish to punish those people by finding polite people and being rude to them in turn?

Well, if you guys and others want to do that, have fun with that. But it's not my idea of progressive actions for encouraging tolerance.

... The only rude person would be those who go with the intent to stir up shit...

I used to go over there to stir up shit,

but I also intended it to show that they had no worthwhile comeback to the shit I was stirring up.

I was hoping to find people over there who were like I once was, who just needed to be shown certain things that would snap them out of the christian funk they were in.

Then they could realise their freedom, relieve their guilt, etc.

I felt like there needed to be somebody out there who would be an anti-evangelist, spreading the 'bad-news', so to speak... :wicked: (not that I was trying to be such a thing, just doing what I thought I could) since I knew I never had such things preached to me in church, and there are people who are honestly miserable in christianity but can't leave because they actually believe.

Of course I soon realised I didn't have anything to say that they hadn't seen before, like people say about the fundies over here.

Then I realised that logic and reason have no effect on them.

You just can't get through some peoples thick heads. It's maddening.

:twitch: Oh well.

As much as I find the thought of "fucking up CF" interesting...

...I have to agree with Nivek here. If someone of us decides in private to to to war with the CF crowd it's his right to do so. If some of us should coordinate their attacks via email et cetera, there's obviously nothing anyone of us can do about it. But making this place a kind of war room for the conquest of that site goes over the top.

Besides, while I definitely don't know every christian forum site out there, I do have to say that CF seems kind of moderate to me. Thus, I wonder if this target would be worth to be attacked first anyway. ;)

WOW sorry guys... I'm not going to declare war on christian forums.... sorry I did say that... In actuality I'm declaring war on christianity. Purely with words of course. I will not even sign up over there... Sorry Nivek for the misunderstanding... but I'm going to go to a church tonight so I can have them cast the demons out of me, but I'll then show them that its bullcrap by showing them it doesn't effect me... I'm doin my part. The question is.... shouldn't we protect our ideas when they are attacked....

Hmm, so much anger in these younglings.  ;)

Ah... DC, this is where you find your frustration.  You assume that because another's rudeness is tolerated that it is no longer rude.  A Christian that sermonizes in public to the unwilling is being unabashedly rude.  You are not required to remain silent but your good manners inform you that you should.  Returning a rude act with rudeness isn't going to improve anything.  If you hold a door open for someone and they don't even look at you... let alone say thank you... do you chase them down and yell, "Well, fuck you buddy!  See if I ever hold a door for you again!"?  Of course not.  You let it go and continue to live your life knowing that at least you did the correct thing.  The vast mojority of people listening to a Christian evangelize are probably uncomfortable with what is going on, even if they happen to be Christian themselves.  They just do not know how to react without being rude themselves or making the situation worse.

With that said, the internet is different from public.  Christians on a Christian website can expect that their audience desires to hear it or at least have some interest in it or they wouldn't be there.  It's much like a church, the audience has selected to be there knowing what was going to be the subject (ignoring children forced to be in church -- which is even less a problem online).  There is no rudeness there.  They have a "private" forum, open to the public, where they are talking about what they want.  No one is forced to sit through a message they don't want to hear.  No one is told they need to believe it without knowing that it's likely they would be told that before encountering it.  The only rude person would be those who go with the intent to stir up shit.

In real life, you recognize that responding to rudeness is rude... and yet you wish to punish those people by finding polite people and being rude to them in turn? 

Well, if you guys and others want to do that, have fun with that.  But it's not my idea of progressive actions for encouraging tolerance.

Okay...But it is still fun to do that stuff sometimes. What I wouldn't give to bag live skunks and let them loose in a church. hehe.

Still, folks could go over there and talk politely. I was talking more about standing up and being counted offline more than anything.

I still maintain that xianity is the elephant in the living room that everyone walks around, instead of confronting. I still say that the bible is bigoted and I should not be slapped down for pointing it out. The question is what is the decent way of pointing that out to people without inciting them to be just as intolerant as the xers are in thier blind faith in a bigoted book?

OK buddistmeister...

Lemmie say this clearly in this thread so we all may understand:

We will not forment Board Wars, period.

Those doing so risk forfeit of their posting privs here at ExC.

We will not under any circumstances use the Forums to kick off pursefights with other groups.

Violating daFatman's wishes on this matter will earn a quick time out pending the Admin's decision as what to do with your account.

Do not jump off ExC to a boardfight, do not start pissy pursefights. Do not drag other Board's problems back to ExC.

kL

I won't. What you have said here is crystal clear and I won't make us look bad by going over there to cause trouble. Sorry Nivek.

Yeah, boardwars blow (flamewars in general as well) and there is no reason to coordinate here to go to mess things up in another kid's sandbox. I have no quarrel with them at the moment, and no real desire to waste a lot of words in their direction. Nivek is right on this one.

While screwing with christians can be fun, there isn't any reson to devote one's life to it. I perfer to have a really annoying christer ask "What do you think of me?" and I respond with:

I don't.

Not only do you take an unassailable high ground, it's also absolutely infuriating to the other. In all, it comes down to not letting yourself be defined by someone else, even if it means being the opposite. If one is being defined as the antithesis of an illusion, is that definition also illusory, as the definition must contain the illusion?

They are no threat. They only harm themselves and those that get migranes listening to them (so stop listening to them). :Doh:

I got a big dumptruck of cow shit to dump on Xtianity if you like.

I think its a real treat to hear xianity getting dumped on, especially if its funny. Hehe!

An xer

I was not attempting to prove God is real, only demonstrate how we all take many things on faith (or the noun of your choosing.)

For what purpose? What is your motive here?

Also, please do not use the word Faith. Try the word confidence. Faith can mean a lot of things. Wishful thinking is not the same as confidence based on evidence.

Lets say I have pretty much no understanding of science and that I treat scientists like priests and just swallow everything they tell me without ever trying to gain a basic understanding. You believe in the claims made by the bible writers and I believe in the claims of scientists. Who is taking more of a leap of faith?

I can point to real miracles given us by scientists. What can your prophets do aside from what I can do myself? Oh wait your prophets are all dead. My bad..hehe!

Hehe.

We have had many skirmishes with the people of ChristianForums and the've done little more than encourage the Xtians to fight harder for our conversion. I say we should declare war on christianforums to show that Atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, Pagans, Wiccans, Agnostics, Unitarians, Daoists, Confucionists, Shintoists, Shamans, Nordics, Beliefs of the Ancients and last, but not least, the Satanist will not stand for the religious domination of chrstianity that is so prominate in the Western world.

That would be stupid.

Aren't you sick of Christians trying to convert you? If you go on a crusade to (de)convert Christians, you lose all rights to complain about them trying to convert you, because you're doing the EXACT same thing.

And beyond that we need to show everyone in our community everyone that we know, What we are.

Why? Why do you have to "show everyone"? Do you know how to live a life of peace, or has Christianity indoctrinated you so much to the point that you must try to force your opinions on everyone else?

We reserve the right, to speak freely to others as a christian would to us.

That's very uncommunistic of you.

Believe me, I know many good people that are christians, but I'm speaking of those we all know in our hearts are a nousense, possibly even a danger to the futures of our children.

And when the Christians react to you, thinking of you as "a danger" to their childrens' future, please do not come back to us crying "persecution".

dead-hobbit

That would be stupid.

Aren't you sick of Christians trying to convert you? If you go on a crusade to (de)convert Christians, you lose all rights to complain about them trying to convert you, because you're doing the EXACT same thing.

It aint the same thing at all. It is free thought in action. It is self defense as well. There is nothing wrong with changing peoples minds. Thats what western democracy is all about..or should be. Now, to convert folks with empty bribes and threats and appeals to emotion as your only hook is shameful. There is a difference between anti-evangelism/spreading free thought and xer prosylitizing.

dead-hobbit

Why? Why do you have to "show everyone"? Do you know how to live a life of peace, or has Christianity indoctrinated you so much to the point that you must try to force your opinions on everyone else?

Because some people think they are alone in nonbelief. If we were more visible there would be more discussion. Talking about things and debating is good and only cowards feel otherswise. Only people who have something to hide pussy out like that.

dead-hobbit

That's very uncommunistic of you.

Communism can be democratic and allow free speach. Nothing about communism says otherwise aside from governments that won't allow it. China.
dead-hobbit

And when the Christians react to you, thinking of you as "a danger" to their childrens' future, please do not come back to us crying "persecution".

Sharing information is not persecution. They have silly and indefensible beliefs.

If your world view is based on nonsensical superstitious must do's and must not do's some were some time you will descriminate against people, places and things for totaly irrational reasons.

I think anti-evangelism is self defence. Free thought is more than being an intellectual snob and a soft bigot towards xers. They are human beings and can change. I think they should get the chance to think outside of the box. Coarse I'm lousy at helping them there, but there are others here who are good at it.

I'm not going to attack christians, dead hobbit, I'm going to defend myself and others from persecution. And Those who think that we are just fine being trampled on, don't need to be on this thread. I "HAD" no problems with christians for awhile, until they destroy things of mine and my friends because they deem them evil. They continueously attack my beliefs, thinking I don't have a right to share them. Wake up people! Christianity has been a threat for many years and will continue to be for a long while. Science is disproving christians more and more every day. So whats going to happen? Extreme christians are going to pull something big, I mean whats the most dangerous thing? something thats cornered.