Goodbye Jesus

I want to declare war on Christian Forums!

BuddhistCommunist

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• BuddhistCommunist

• fallenleaf

• dr_funkenstein

Get 'em while they're still young?

Get them while they are still open minded. If the xers take advantage of thier fears and trials in life by converting them to xianity, they just might kill thier curiousity, and they will be easily manipulated for the rest of thier lives, which is not good for them as well as potentially being harmful to others.

Guest Challenger

Get them while they are still open minded. If the xers take advantage of thier fears and trials in life by converting them to xianity, they just might kill thier curiousity, and they will be easily manipulated for the rest of thier lives, which is not good for them as well as potentially being harmful to others.

[/quote

Parents always indoctrinate their children in what they feel would be their (the child's) best interest.

Good luck in dealing with that, then. You'll be going up against a well-established dynamic.

[/quote

Parents always indoctrinate their children in what they feel would be their (the child's) best interest.

Good luck in dealing with that, then. You'll be going up against a well-established dynamic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not really interested in a real discussion on this obviously. You would have read the whole thread if this really interested you.

I do not need luck. I deal with people who are curious.

If you are trying to say that a child is property of an adult until they leave the house I must emphatically say....FUCK YOU. WE ARE NOT YOUR CHATTEL. WE HAVE OUR OWN MINDS. WE ARE PEOPLE.

Guest Challenger
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not really interested in a real discussion on this obviously. You would have read the whole thread if this really interested you.

I do not need luck. I deal with people who are curious.

If you are trying to say that a child is property of an adult until they leave the house I must emphatically say....FUCK YOU. WE ARE NOT YOUR CHATTEL. WE HAVE OUR OWN MINDS. WE ARE PEOPLE.

I did read the whole thread, DC. If I weren't interested I wouldn't have posted to you.

I merely pointed out what should have been obvious.

I did read the whole thread, DC.  If I weren't interested I wouldn't have posted to you.

I merely pointed out what should have been obvious.

You missed what I have said on this page and made stupid assumptions.

Guest Challenger
You missed what I have said on this page and made stupid assumptions.

I doubt if I "missed" anything; I may have mis-interpreted--if you want to call that a miss, go right ahead.

I doubt if I "missed" anything; I may have mis-interpreted--if you want to call that a miss, go right ahead.

Well then I stand corrected and am sorry for being belligerant.

Sorry DC Im back, I didn't mean for you to hold the fort alone. DC and I are merely suggesting that everyone should band together to fight the tyrany that is Christianity. We (meaning all non-christians), have suffered through the burning times, The destruction of the native americans, The destruction of the celts, Norse, shamans, druids and the persecution of the eastern religions. Missionaries go forth everyday destroying entire cultures and then giving them food and whatnot, So thier beliefs have been destroyed and theirs good ol' bible god there with his followers and a bowl of grain.... Causing suffering to influence brainwashing. This menace needs to be stopped at all costs. What have the atheists and other anti-christians done other than be on the defensive...... Madalyn Ohera, thats about it. Isn't it time people to do something.

Sorry DC Im back, I didn't mean for you to hold the fort alone. DC and I are merely suggesting that everyone should band together to fight the tyrany that is Christianity. We (meaning all non-christians), have suffered through the burning times, The destruction of the native americans, The destruction of the celts, Norse, shamans, druids and the persecution of the eastern religions. Missionaries go forth everyday destroying entire cultures and then giving them food and whatnot, So thier beliefs have been destroyed and theirs good ol' bible god there with his followers and a bowl of grain.... Causing suffering to influence brainwashing. This menace needs to be stopped at all costs. What have the atheists and other anti-christians done other than be on the defensive...... Madalyn Ohera, thats about it. Isn't it time people to do something.

I forgive you B-C! Glad your back. I agree with all these points and also would like to remind people that just ONE xian can ruin the lives of many. It is always easier to destroy. These kinds of xians are swept under the rug by other xians who really can't use scripture to chastize the intolerant xers as the bible is inconsistent and has scripture for anyone. Jus the fact that the bible is thier god that they wave around as an authority and no one questions a "man of god" or a "bible expert" is dangerous. It is easier to reduce the number of people who support xianity whether they be nonxians or xians in name only, than it is for xians to haromize the bible honestly in a way that thier is real authority.

It is better to debunk the bible to reduce damage in the world.

BuddhistCommunist you're damn right. I'm sick of the notion that somehow xianity and xians in general are good or have good intentions, that their evangelistic ways are somehow benign.

The problem is we're entering murky territory here. On the one hand I'm sure everyone would uphold the rights of human beings to believe whatever they want to believe. But on the other hand we have a group of people that employ fear and brainwashing to hoodwink people into believing what they believe.

I think the best way to tackle the problem is to do exactly what the xians do. Present your beliefs well, present them respectfully, and point out the flaws in xianity to anyone who will listen - including xians themselves.

Having said that, knowing the way I used to be when I was a xian I doubt I would have listened to some atheist telling me what's wrong with my religion. It wasn't until I had a profound experience in my life that shook me around before I really questioned my beliefs. But all along I had doubts that I just buried deep down.

I think we need to immunise people who are vulnerable to the xian message by getting there first and explaining what's wrong with xianity, and we also need to get into the minds of those christians and give them another voice that tells them to trust their intuition, and not to give in to brainwashing.

I am just glad that there are heathens with decent people skills who can plant seeds of doubt in fundies, because I have no patience for them.

But it is not just fundies, it is also non xians who condone or support xianity. Just because I use the word non xian does not mean I am refereing to FREE THINKERS.

Not all of us even know what Free Thought is or that xianity is not what they think it is.

BuddhistCommunist you're damn right. I'm sick of the notion that somehow xianity and xians in general are good or have good intentions, that their evangelistic ways are somehow benign.

The problem is we're entering murky territory here. On the one hand I'm sure everyone would uphold the rights of human beings to believe whatever they want to believe. But on the other hand we have a group of people that employ fear and brainwashing to hoodwink people into believing what they believe.

I think the best way to tackle the problem is to do exactly what the xians do. Present your beliefs well, present them respectfully, and point out the flaws in xianity to anyone who will listen - including xians themselves.

Having said that, knowing the way I used to be when I was a xian I doubt I would have listened to some atheist telling me what's wrong with my religion. It wasn't until I had a profound experience in my life that shook me around before I really questioned my beliefs. But all along I had doubts that I just buried deep down.

I think we need to immunise people who are vulnerable to the xian message by getting there first and explaining what's wrong with xianity, and we also need to get into the minds of those christians and give them another voice that tells them to trust their intuition, and not to give in to brainwashing.

YES! Madalyn Ohera, made significant change in Christianity in public schools. The problen is, if you just stop talking about religion in schools, it gives the fundies time to counterattack. I hear more teachers in my school talk about Creationism than evolution....damn we didn't win for long. I think that all (or at least most) religions should be taught in school (as well as atheism) To get the children to decide for themselves. The debating in the classroom controlled by the (by law) unbiased teacher, would spark the early influences of logic and debating skills at an early age.

YES! Madalyn Ohera, made significant change in Christianity in public schools. The problen is, if you just stop talking about religion in schools, it gives the fundies time to counterattack. I hear more teachers in my school talk about Creationism than evolution....damn we didn't win for long. I think that all (or at least most) religions should be taught in school (as well as atheism) To get the children to decide for themselves. The debating in the classroom controlled by the (by law) unbiased teacher, would spark the early influences of logic and debating skills at an early age.

The Philosophy of Logic should also be mandatory through School as well.

The problem with that is that if every religion had a chance to put their case forward there'd be no time to learn much of anything else other than religion!

I'd be more comfortable with religion being left completely out of schools altogether - including atheist thought. Nothing theological at all. And as far as science and origins of the universe go, as I said - nothing theological. Only scientific theory should be taught.

In the end I think atheists will outbreed xians. People are getting more and more intelligent. They won't last forever.

The Philosophy of Logic should also be mandatory through School as well.

LOL we do think very much alike DC. DC, BC... thats kinda funny :grin:

LOL we do think very much alike DC. DC, BC... thats kinda funny :grin:

Well for me I was raised by fundy Okies. I feel cheated that I did not even know what logic was earlier in school other than some vague thing Vulcan's did. hehe.

I understand you Funkenstein, but religion should be taught as an Eye opener. Most Xtians problem is they know nothing about other faiths. To them Other faiths and atheists are no better than Satanists. Religion has been A driving force in all of history, good or bad. People need to be more aware of others around them, and in the atheist case, be more wise to religious tricks.

Well I'm all for being taught the rules of logic in school. Hopefully even just knowing those will wise up some kids from otherwise being brainwashed by xians.

by the looks of all the Xtians that have joined today I would say that they already brought the fight to us.

The problem with that is that if every religion had a chance to put their case forward there'd be no time to learn much of anything else other than religion!

I'd be more comfortable with religion being left completely out of schools altogether - including atheist thought. Nothing theological at all. And as far as science and origins of the universe go, as I said - nothing theological. Only scientific theory should be taught.

In the end I think atheists will outbreed xians. People are getting more and more intelligent. They won't last forever.

When they see that people are deconverting, backsliding, and falling away, they see that as the "End times" are fast approaching.

Any day now, Any day.

And some of them are Soooooooooo looking forward to it! That's just so strange

by the looks of all the Xtians that have joined today I would say that they already brought the fight to us.

Hehe! Its good for 'em.

Hey DC!

I understand what you're trying to say here...and I understand.

OH HOW I WISH that I would have been exposed just a LITTLE BIT to more logical, free thinking people when I was younger.

I am thankful for the logical people that did come into the xtain forum that I belonged to. There was one in particular...he got banned all the time for nothing, which is common, but he stayed calm and was always very nice to me.

In the end, I couldn't help but see what he was saying, partly, at that time. I also noticed the way he was treated and I had a huge problem with that. Many times I went up to bat for him. It made me see how crazy those xtain's were and how illogical and rude also.

And they were supposed to be the WWJD people...and here this guy was displaying behavior that was closer to that and he was being shunned.

Yes, you're right....just your mere presence sometimes can influence someone.

Wish you well with the AA thing. I know that can be tough and I am happy that it seems to be working out for you!

*thumbs up*

:grin:

Thanks Panther. I really appreciate your support in my staying quit from alcohol.

And thank you for sharing your experience of heathens who have talked to you when you were a xian.

I am very happy that you are free.