Goodbye Jesus

What Is Happening In 2012?

Obscurity

Just watched a history channel thing on the 2012 stuff (it aired last week, dvr is awesome!) and most of the stuff being put together is pretty loose ends - basically (to use the current buzz word) a LOT of confirmation bias.

Yes, there are a couple things going on, but whether they would actually cause something to happen is quite the stretch.

In my best estimation, if something does happen in 2012 and it is apocalyptic, I would dare to bet that it is of our own (humans) doing. Kinda like the whole Einstein thing about WW3 being a nuclear war, WW4 being fought with sticks and stones.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dagnarus

• Franko47

• Obscurity

• Shyone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don’t make me nuke you and throw rocks at you HRDWarrior.

I can shoot, so beware my bullets, but I still throw like a girl so you're safe there :P

They'll just find a new date to attach to.

Watch. After 2012 passes without incident, there will be massive research, and predictions never heard of before by historical prophets (as well as modern ones) will come forth. It will probably take the form of calculating what year that Christ was crucified...adding the magic number of two millenia...2025 ?....as well as other events, and the cycle will start again.

Wish we could pass a law here...OK, after nothing happens in 2012, no more end times prophecy allowed !!!

And aren't these date setters just violating the rules of their own book against date setting?

I predict that something bad will happen in 2012.

I predict that something bad will happen in 2011.

I predict that something bad will happen in 2010.

Bad things will happen, not because I predict them, but because bad things just happen. If some major catastrophe happens in 2012, it will not be because ancients predicted it. I know that and you know that, but why do people latch onto such predictions?

Incidentally, I personally haven't heard much about this 2012 crap. One of my coworkers has mentioned it several times, but he's the only one I had heard it from. He's quite religious, and he thinks that there is something to the prediction, though he doesn't think it will necessarily be the end of the world.

I don't even know what the specifics are with the 2012 prediction, and frankly I don't care. Nobody can see into the future like that, so what is it to me?

Okay, so I'm sure you guys know about this whole 2012 thing - there are countless theories going around.

People are either saying that there's going to be a huge catastrophe or apocalypse or a shift in consciousness...or all of the above.

I've managed to find critical/skeptical reviews of the apocalypse theories, but I can't seem to find any skeptical information of the consciousness shift theory. I like to examine things from more than one side and it's really bothering me that I can't find anything that attempts to "debunk" the stuff about the change in consciousness or harmonic convergence or whatever you want to call it.

Where are all the skeptics? Did they all start believing in this as soon as they looked at the evidence? I can't be certain I'm seeing the full picture unless I look at both sides.

Because harmonic convergence is too cool to be skeptical about. I mean it's even fun to say. :P

Guest seektruth

ehh.. in 2012, I don't think anything crazy is going to happpen, as far

as the world ending or anything

people shouldn't worry about it, it's just a waste of time.. and even IF something

was going to happen.. we couldn't do a damn thing about it anyway..

It is what it is

I am going to echo the statement made above, they can predict the end of the world but didn't see the conquistador's coming?

I am going to echo the statement made above, they can predict the end of the world but didn't see the conquistador's coming?

Cortes and his boys where more ruthless than the Aztecs and Mayans where, seriously. I am saying that knowing full well the human sacrifice the Aztecs partook of as part of their religion.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a calender that ends in 2009...does that mean their world ends in 2010? OMG! Only a few months left to live!

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to mentioned the fact that the Aztecs supposedly had prophecied the coming of Cortes but just came across this

It was widely believed that the Aztecs initially thought Cortés was Quetzalcoatl, a mythical god prophesied to return to Mexico the same year Cortés landed, and to come from the same direction he came. This is presently believed to be a conquest invention, and scholars agree that the Aztecs were aware that Cortés was not a god.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Tenochtitlan

Yet another supposed fulfilled prophecy spun out of whole cloth. Who knew.

I'll be 32. And that will be bad enough. ;)

Anyone see the thing on scifi channel the other day about 2012?

I could only take a few minutes of it, but inside 5 minutes of watching they went from

a catastrophe is going to happen in 2012 ( a little crazy)

to Atlantis was real and was destroyed by an apparently similar catastrophe ( a little more crazy)

to, some people escaped Atlantis and moved to Egypt. ( Only way to explain the pyramids right? )

to the atlantians must have some technology that enabled them to survive, and the could have burred it somewhere in Egypt. (makes perfect sense right?)

to we can find this lost piece of technology to help us survive the 2012 catastrophe. ( its only a huge desert bigger than Texas, how hard can it be right? ) :lmao:

The highlight was when the interview was talking to one of the men on this expedition and asks him if this is science. The man of course emphatically says that it IS science. I wanted to reach through the screen and throttle some sense into the man. :ugh:

I'll turn 20 in January of 2012.

muahahahaha!

I bet a lot of it is viral marketing for the Roland Emmerich movie now in theatres:

After the exercise in cinematic banality that was 10,000BC, Roland Emmerich has returned to what he does best, and that's blow shit up on a mammoth scale. And you don't really get much bigger than the destruction of planet earth.

:lmao:

I watched a 2008 documentary last night on Treasure HD about the 13 crystal skulls, the ones the last Indiana Jones movie was based on ("Indiana Jones and the WTF ALIENS") and the documentary showed scientific testing proves the skulls were man-made, sometime in the late 19th or early 20th century, with Industrial Revolution-era tools. But there are still hordes of people who choose to believe they came from Atlantis or aliens or something implausible.

But sadly I think there is an increase in magical thinking. Well-educated, intelligent people would rather believe unsupported mysticism than accept the boring scientific truth.

I bet a lot of it is viral marketing for the Roland Emmerich movie now in theatres:

After the exercise in cinematic banality that was 10,000BC, Roland Emmerich has returned to what he does best, and that's blow shit up on a mammoth scale. And you don't really get much bigger than the destruction of planet earth.

I watched a 2008 documentary last night on Treasure HD about the 13 crystal skulls, the ones the last Indiana Jones movie was based on ("Indiana Jones and the WTF ALIENS") and the documentary showed scientific testing proves the skulls were man-made, sometime in the late 19th or early 20th century, with Industrial Revolution-era tools. But there are still hordes of people who choose to believe they came from Atlantis or aliens or something implausible.

But sadly I think there is an increase in magical thinking. Well-educated, intelligent people would rather believe unsupported mysticism than accept the boring scientific truth.

Actually, I tend to believe that there was this secret conspiracy by George Lucas's grandparents where they hid the crystal skullz and then Lucas's parents faked Roswell, and then Lucas came along and did his Star Wars thing, made movies, and then finally relented and cashed in on all the hysteria by making Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull raking in an assload of money like he usually does. I honestly think that if Lucas's grandparents could, they would be rolling in the grave right now over the fact that Lucas didn't make enough off of his last Indiana Jones movie!! All that effort they put forth, and he didn't capitalize on it nearly well enough!! Fucker.

Actually, I tend to believe that there was this secret conspiracy by George Lucas's grandparents where they hid the crystal skullz and then Lucas's parents faked Roswell, and then Lucas came along and did his Star Wars thing, made movies, and then finally relented and cashed in on all the hysteria by making Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull raking in an assload of money like he usually does. I honestly think that if Lucas's grandparents could, they would be rolling in the grave right now over the fact that Lucas didn't make enough off of his last Indiana Jones movie!! All that effort they put forth, and he didn't capitalize on it nearly well enough!! Fucker.

George Lucas and the Crystal Lulz

Someone put together a fantastic website at http://www.alma-geddon.com. It covers all end-times prophecies from 633 BCE to 5,000,002,009 CE. The author has a great sense of humor that will keep you interested.

George Lucas and the Crystal Lulz

Exactly, that movie sucked ass. It was so fucking awful that it was actually pretty funny; kind of like Public Enemies.

Someone put together a fantastic website at http://www.alma-geddon.com. It covers all end-times prophecies from 633 BCE to 5,000,002,009 CE. The author has a great sense of humor that will keep you interested.

This is so funny! Thanks for posting it!

I can't recall the next date... I know I read it somewhere...