Goodbye Jesus

What Is Happening In 2012?

Obscurity

The only thing major that will happen and go wrong is a presidential election.

Holy Misogynistic Electorate, Batman! The Mayans were predicting the election of Hillary Clinton! :eek:

Or Sarah Palin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dagnarus

• Franko47

• Obscurity

• Shyone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't the Age of Aquarius already begin in the 1960s? How much more consciousness shifting can there be?

I am going to echo the statement made above, they can predict the end of the world but didn't see the conquistador's coming?

The Mayan Empire had been over with for centuries by the time the Spaniards showed. The Mayans themselves didn't disappear; there's a sizable community of them in L.A., in fact. But their empire was long gone.

Also, funny that you mention that. Cortez showed up on the very day that Aztec prophecy anticipated the return of Quetzalcoatal, the bearded fair-skinned god.

Yet another supposed fulfilled prophecy spun out of whole cloth. Who knew.

Whoops! :HaHa:

Guest xandrani

The easiest way to debunk this before the event, is to ask any believers to write a signed document agreeing to hand over all their possessions and money on 1st January 2013.

It's a win-win situation, as you either:

1) Get all their money and possessions on said date.

2) Feel smug when they say 'no', meaning you can then say 'So you don't believe THAT much then!?'.

The other interesting thing to do is to ask people EXACTLY what they think will happen. For example if someone says they think the 'world will end', then ask them more details, e.g. do they mean that the Earth (as in the planet) will be totally destroyed, or do they mean nature will be destroyed, or just humanity, or just modern society as we know it, or will just some humans be destroyed? Or will life just get hard due to some disaster? Once you start trying to tie them down in this way they will either get angry or start talking absolute donkey poo (well even more than usual!).

I'll give you my spin of how the 2012 shift of consiousness is going to happen (well, it sure as heck better, i'm really looking forward to it *wink*)

1. Somewhere in the next two years the US government will declare bankruptcy as the debt interest exceeds GDP.

2. When the government pogie cheques stop rolling in, there will be civil war, consider how many americans own guns, how many are members of private militia groups, etc etc. (their armies, won't be able to contain it, especially with so many over seas fighting holy wars)

3. With the largest consumer of every other country's goods bankrupt the rest will follow. (some small, resource rich countries might avoid this... not sure...)

4. Civil war, world wide will wipe out about 90% of the population.

5. the ones that survive will be (consistent with Evolution) will be the strongest and smartest, because they will have the best chance to survive. They will be in groups too, the groups of humans that survive will be the ones with the right mix of "planners" and "defenders".

Depending on how and if society re-structures itself after such a cataclysm, we could even see a divergence of evolution to create two sub-species, specifically the planners and the defenders.

It won't take long for the planners to "think" up ways to have the competitive advantage over the defenders, and if after a time, the thinkers find them no longer needing their grunts (defenders) then they too will fade out, leaving only the most enlightened members of society (most of us, i'm sure *wink*) alive.

I should note though, that many of the GREATEST thinkers of our time will likely be quickly dead, because many of them will be "blamed" for the collapse of society. That is sad, as we would certainly be able to use them in the new world, but we will be without them.

Vomit Comet, the beginning of the age of Aquarius is a date that is in major disagreement.

I've seen people saying it has begun, and i've seen astrologists say that it doesn't begin for hundreds of years yet.

I like using the 2012 date, for cosmological reasons as well as the fact that the Mayans as a culture were most aware of those type things of all societies on earth, save for perhaps the ancient Egyptians.

Let's also remember that if you translate the original Old Greek NT bible CORRECTLY, you will come up with "And I shall be with you until the end of the age [of Pisces]" So ol' Hey-Zeus will be gone along with all his hypo-Christianity. That alone is evidence of a coming shift of consciousness.

Remember also, what mankind has learned in the last 50 years, and will in the next 50 years compared to any other century in history (or likely future) That knowledge gain alone, the shift away from 99.99999% of the population blindly believing religious bullshit, and now only being say 80 to 85% (and half of that 80 to 85% not nearly as blindly as before). We HAVE had a shift of consciousness, really, 2012 could simply be the year it comes to a culmination.

I don't believe in prophecy by the way... I just find that this is an amazing "prediction/forecast" Though it might have some elements of self-fulfillment within in. It has potential to become true, even if bogus in it's initial, intended state.

So, as for December 21st, 2012 being the date of the end... Fuck no! But dang, it's gonna be pretty close.

Let's also remember that if you translate the original Old Greek NT bible CORRECTLY, you will come up with "And I shall be with you until the end of the age [of Pisces]" So ol' Hey-Zeus will be gone along with all his hypo-Christianity. That alone is evidence of a coming shift of consciousness.

This sounds interesting, could you elaborate?

My stock response to the whole Mayan 2012 thing is this. Let's say the Mayans predicted the end of the world to occur in 2012, so what? These people thought they could convince the Gods to send rain by offering them human sacrifices. Do we really want to trust them and their tremendous insight into the spiritual world?

Re: Dagnarus

Matthew 28 verse 20

"But praise God Jesus said lo I am with you until the end of the age."

Given the biblical use of the astrological meaning of "age" could this passage mean anything OTHER than that?

Maybe the LHC will find definitive proof along with the Higg's Boson?

Well, I guess it's just one place i wish the bible were correct.... But either way it is it's own forecast of it's own end.

*grin* I used the word "evidence" in my original post, i guess with a bit of tongue and cheek. But i do so love using that quote to let x-ians know that their Hey-Zeus is going to abandon very soon *grin*

Sadly, most dyed in the wool christians have a real hard time accepting how much astrological horoscope type stuff that the bible contains... Some get real upset and walk away and pretend not to have been informed of it.

It is however a real possibility... Not to occur on or about the date dec 21 2012. But If there are real forces which would induce a consciousness shift "soon" then this is one that could well lead the way. The way is being cleared for it, churches closing, different churches using the same building because neither's congregation is large enough to warrant a full church, etc.

What force COULD do this? Well, first consider Persinger's "god-helmet" and his worth with the temporal lobe. (ie, certain electro-stimulus to the temporal lobe of the brain induces religious hallucinations.)

Could the reversal of the Earth's Magnetic Field do such? Could galactic alignment, when the "core mass" of the galaxy is shielded/eclipsed from us by our sun, could there be a reduction in some cosmic rays that allow our brains to go into overdrive for a short time?

Blah, it's all just speculation, but it's fun. I think it's fun because there are so many (mostly religious) people that get SOOOO upset when you try to "predict" the future... After all, only gawd knows the future :wicked:

Interesting stuff, Exclavius, but I think any such "shift" in conciousness will likely be more to do with the advent of high technologies, rapid and massive information exchange abilities, and the growing realization that traditional ways of thinking about things is starting to look a little "tired".

In a world where you can talk and exchange ideas (and friendship) with people all over the world, and discuss things about our lives and beliefs like never before, something's got to give.

Ah, Franko, you don't think it's likely?

*pout* I'm soooo sad, cause i was looking soooo forward to it.

But yeah, you're right, something HAS to give (and it IS giving) Will there be a proverbial breaking of the camel's back? Followed by a landslide "exodus" from god-centric thinking?

When you get right down to it, we all know it's coincidence, but the timing with the 2012 would be just superb, wouldn't it?

And here's another question about the 2012 story:

Pre-supposing legitimacy of prophecy (which is, i'll grant you, only a philosophical matter, and a silly one at that)

Could the calendar have ended that year because there was a prophetic fork at that point in time, one that even prophecy cannot see through?

at that)

Could the calendar have ended that year because there was a prophetic fork at that point in time, one that even prophecy cannot see through?

Actually, the method of the Mayan calculus were using arbitrary reference points, based upon their astrological and astronomical observations of the heavens and the synchronicity with their real-time civilization. However, their sense of intuition in these calculations is disturbing, especially about the way that we are slowly lining up more closely with the axis of the galactic plane - or something like that.

Somehow this knowledge was either picked up or transmitted to the Aztecs; what's interesting about that is that they predicted the arrival of Cortes in the exact year and month according to these calculations, and the prophecy was fulfilled by the eventual conquest and destruction of the Aztecs started by Cortes and the imperialistic aims of Spain. In fact, it's one of the most amazing coincidences in history; consult Wikipedia or something for a quick overview of this phenomenon.

If they got that prophecy right, and they did, then you never know......

I dont personally believe in the whole "worldwide destruction" theory. I believe that there isnt any real significance in that exact date. But we are about to enter a period of enlightenment.... so I heard. I guess we'll have to wait til December 2012 to find out. :dumbo:

But yeah, you're right, something HAS to give (and it IS giving) Will there be a proverbial breaking of the camel's back? Followed by a landslide "exodus" from god-centric thinking?

When you get right down to it, we all know it's coincidence, but the timing with the 2012 would be just superb, wouldn't it?

Well if you consider that people have been predicting the EOTW pretty much continuously for at least the past 2000 years it wouldn't be surprising that one of them happened to get it right.

Somehow this knowledge was either picked up or transmitted to the Aztecs; what's interesting about that is that they predicted the arrival of Cortes in the exact year and month according to these calculations, and the prophecy was fulfilled by the eventual conquest and destruction of the Aztecs started by Cortes and the imperialistic aims of Spain. In fact, it's one of the most amazing coincidences in history; consult Wikipedia or something for a quick overview of this phenomenon.

If they got that prophecy right, and they did, then you never know......

Actually there are historians who believe that the Aztec prophecy of their own destruction is yet another example of a prophecy which was written after the fact. The fact is that sources for the prophecy are all from the Spanish and for propaganda purposes it would be useful to say there conquest was fated as it kinda makes their conquest a divine commission.

heres a pdf talking about it http://www.stlawu.edu/clas/insidethearea/smith/smith.pdf

I heard that Enstien suggested that there will be a pole shift. How i associated that info with 2012 i am not sure.

I had not wanted to read this thread and ruin my confirmation bias, but then i thunk what the heck. There are forces in the works that may not add up to 2012 but they do add up to a breaking point for humanity.

There is Yellowstone park due to go pryroclasim any moment now, there is the Human tendency to entropy in to fascism, the Sun spot stuff, the growing awareness of the common person...(that i may be pretending cause the people near me are still quite stupid with the love for big daddy government)

Point is, Tention. With all the prophecy ideas and crys out for SOMETHING to make things better, and the utter inability to make it happen, nor agreement on what is the right ways to live and let live....

Crowd psychology suggests that the camel's back will snap. And the Sub-human Animals will charge blindly.

True Prophecy or no, my dream for the outcome of the hype is the common realization that we could use this date as a catalyst, a start date, a reason to climb on board the Human Evolution train. We could use this date as a world wide sit-in against tyranny, against forced obedience to athority, against unwise leaders and against all the things that steal the acts of personal freedom from us.

But ahhhhh..... for some reason we will say that being a more altruistic race is um... unrealilaistic.

What a strange breed we are. I hope the Vulcan mothership comes and takes me home.

IZM

2012: Different year, same stuff.

It'll just be another boring year. Even the Mayans have denounced their own prophesy. Maybe the idiot sheep should too.

NASA has already debunked 2012: http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Q: What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in 2012?

A: The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012. Then these two fables were linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 -- hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?

A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

The only thing I can think of that could be the end of the world for 2012 is if Palin ran for president and won.

The only thing I can think of that could be the end of the world for 2012 is if Palin ran for president and won.

OK, now you're scaring me. :twitch:

That woman is frighteningly stupid.

As to the whole 2012 thing, I'm definitely a bit of a skeptic-- my big concern would be if some sort of coronal mass ejection were to occur... but then again those can happen at pretty much any time. Hmmm, knocking out our entire satellite constellation, electricity all over the world, all sorts of other fun and interesting things. 2003 New York riots on a global scale.

Fun!

(First post, whee. I've mostly been abusing the chatbox up till now. :) )

That woman is frighteningly stupid.

As to the whole 2012 thing, I'm definitely a bit of a skeptic-- my big concern would be if some sort of coronal mass ejection were to occur... but then again those can happen at pretty much any time. Hmmm, knocking out our entire satellite constellation, electricity all over the world, all sorts of other fun and interesting things. 2003 New York riots on a global scale.

Fun!

(First post, whee. I've mostly been abusing the chatbox up till now. :) )

Welcome. I too worship Jimmi Hendrix. His record sales have risen!

• 1 month later...

The long and short of it. Nothing. Its another part of that doomsday dementia that's circling the earth right now. Even the Mayans that live today will tell you it was never mean't as a dooms day prediction. But look at this. Fundamentalism not to be out done says we all die on May 21, 2011. Now its kinda hard to explain how we die twice in a little over a year?