Goodbye Jesus

A REAL challenge for Christians...

BeccasStillSeeking

This one is a bit involved, but bear with me.

1. Go to the Testimonies section and choose at least ten (10) testimonies to read.

2. Read them thoroughly. And WITHOUT antagonizing the poster.

3. As you read, notice when you start to become uncomfortable. Notice the immediate temptation to slip into knee-jerk judgmentalism in order to alleviate this discomfort: "Oh, she was never a true Christian", "It's all exaggeration", "Obviously this is all made up", etc. etc. etc.

4. When this happens, grab your Bible and open to Matthew 7:1. Read what is written there. Repeat it out loud to yourself. Get someone to explain it to you in detail if you just can't understand it, which of course, most Christians don't.

5. Continue reading your Testimonies. Every time your growing discomfort tempts you to distract yourself with "Oh, well, all these people *judgejudgejudgejudgejudge* *dismiss dismiss dismiss*" or some similar crap, repeat Step 4.

6. Once you have gained some tiny insight into why we're no longer Christian, ask yourself why you're here on this board. To antagonize us? To "defend" Christianity? To "win back" our souls? Ask yourself why you're so obsessed with us. We are no longer part of your "family", and not a one of us is ever returning to it. Nothing you can say or do is going to change that.

7. Consider, in depth, Luke 6:42. Ask yourself why you're so obsessed with other people's spiritual decisions instead of concentrating on your own.

8. Report back with your findings without using any Bible quotes to justify your position (the book "proves" things to you, but not to us), and without being rude, judgmental or dismissive.

Anyone who manages all eight gets...I don't know, some electronic artwork of mine. Somehow, though, I suspect that in all but one or two cases, this is a damn safe bet....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeccasStillSeeking

• Ouroboros

• Eponymic

• Croesus

Ask yourself why you're so obsessed with us. We are no longer part of your "family", and not a one of us is ever returning to it. Nothing you can say or do is going to change that.

7. Consider, in depth, Luke 6:42. Ask yourself why you're so obsessed with other people's spiritual decisions instead of concentrating on your own.

I think they may be a little bit envious. We don't need what they think they need. To quote just a little bit of Dubya: They are jealous of our freedom.

I think they may be a little bit envious. We don't need what they think they need. To quote just a little bit of Dubya: They are jealous of our freedom.

I think a lot of them HATE us for our freedom. The fact that we think for themselves is EVIL, in their eyes. I mean, look at me. Not only am I not Christian, but I'm not In Submission to my man, homemaking, popping out sprogs regularly in my birth-control-(and orgasm-)free Procreation Life (since even saying "sex" is EEEEVIIIIL). I play role-playing games, I write erotica (eek! More sex! I truly must be wicked!) and horror, I'm a hopeless fangeek in way too many genres which I am sure qualifies as idolatry, and, gackhorrors, I am a practicing medium with an interest in the occult and a whole slew of gay, Pagan, trannie and otherwise "unaccepable" friends.

Oh, and I don't honor my mother and father anymore. Since they never deserved it. :P

6. Once you have gained some tiny insight into why we're no longer Christian, ask yourself why you're here on this board. To antagonize us?
Don't think so.

To "defend" Christianity?
Nope.

To "win back" our souls?
No.

Ask yourself why you're so obsessed with us.
I don't believe I am.

We are no longer part of your "family", and not a one of us is ever returning to it.
Okay.

Nothing you can say or do is going to change that.
Agree.

I think you already knew my answers to these questions--- and I for one, have read the testimonies and understood them. I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring this thread.

I'm sure you'll have lots of responses from the debaters.

Tap

It does not suprise me that Tap was the first Christian to answer this thread.

I bet our visiting xians will be a no show.

Tap. I had to chuckle at how to the point your answers were. You don't mess around. hehe.

:thanks: A masterpiece IMHO.

:thanks: A masterpiece IMHO.

I agree.

Great thread Beccas!

Becca, your post is THE BOMB! You've said what was oft thought but ne'er so well expressed. :thanks:

Like DC, I suspect few of the Christian debaters, perhaps none, will answer.

Hi, TAP.

I think a lot of them HATE us for our freedom.

I don't think it's necessarily our freedom that they hate. I think we represent their worst fears: that it could happen to them and they could go to hell, which is where they believe we are going.

Beccas, Great post.. But I've never yet posted my testimony, so......

Kudos Beccas - good stuff.

I was always a sucker for fellow Evil Satanic Heathens™ you know... ;)

It does not suprise me that Tap was the first Christian to answer this thread.

I bet our visiting xians will be a no show.

Tap. I had to chuckle at how to the point your answers were. You don't mess around. hehe.

Not really a surprise here either. But then again, she doesn't strike me as the sort to need this poke-in-the-conscience in the first place.

Becca, your post is THE BOMB!  You've said what was oft thought but ne'er so well expressed. :thanks:

Like DC, I suspect few of the Christian debaters, perhaps none, will answer.

Hi, TAP.

Oh, er...thanks guys. I was hoping it came out right as textual clue-by-fours go....

This one is a bit involved, but bear with me.

1. Go to the Testimonies section and choose at least ten (10) testimonies to read.

I read more than ten and they are all the same Christ rejecting sinners, who blame there leaving because the sins of others, or being duped into science falsely so called, http://www.drdino.com/seeArticle.php?artid=59

2. Read them thoroughly. And WITHOUT antagonizing the poster.

3. As you read, notice when you start to become uncomfortable. Notice the immediate temptation to slip into knee-jerk judgmentalism in order to alleviate this discomfort: "Oh, she was never a true Christian", "It's all exaggeration", "Obviously this is all made up", etc. etc. etc.

Jesus said they are stoney Ground hearers they heard and then fell away luk 8:14

4. When this happens, grab your Bible and open to Matthew 7:1. Read what is written there. Repeat it out loud to yourself. Get someone to explain it to you in detail if you just can't understand it, which of course, most Christians don't.

Read 7:2 it doesnt say not to judge it say that what you judge you willed judged by read it and quit lying about it and then go and read 1cor 2:15 Jesus never said to not judge just that what you judge that will be the measure of judgement against the judge read it he who is spiritual judges all things.

5. Continue reading your Testimonies. Every time your growing discomfort tempts you to distract yourself with "Oh, well, all these people *judgejudgejudgejudgejudge* *dismiss dismiss dismiss*" or some similar crap, repeat Step 4.

I judge according to the word of God not according to mans judgement

6. Once you have gained some tiny insight into why we're no longer Christian, ask yourself why you're here on this board. To antagonize us? To "defend" Christianity? To "win back" our souls? Ask yourself why you're so obsessed with us. We are no longer part of your "family", and not a one of us is ever returning to it. Nothing you can say or do is going to change that.

Why are you on this board it obvious to lie in wait to decieve and make more rock ground herers Jesus talks alot about false converts and Paul said it no great thing if satan himself is appears as a minister,

For one you where never apart of are family you where a stoney ground hearer who needs Jesus to be saved and you will die and go into the lake of fire, you will be judged for your sins and not get off even if you are less wicked than the Jim baker's of the world or any other news cast of some infedel that has stood in a pupit

All souls are precious to God but you must repent of this wickedness

8. Report back with your findings without using any Bible quotes to justify your position (the book "proves" things to you, but not to us), and without being rude, judgmental or dismissive.

This is most stupid, depraived, wicked ,site that is full of Devil and his ministers,

Anyone who manages all eight gets...I don't know, some electronic artwork of mine. Somehow, though, I suspect that in all but one or two cases, this is a damn safe bet....

Why is it the smallest minded creepos all seem incapable of using the quote function properly?

Do you think it's a sin or something? :twitch:

Croesus, you are not a True Christian™ so you're going to Hell as well...

Why is it the smallest minded creepos all seem incapable of using the quote function properly?

Do you think it's a sin or something?  :twitch:

It's part of the fundamental belief structure, Jesus never existed, so the quotes of Jesus were not from him but a composite of other peoples sayings, so the religious people just follow suite and can't quote or cite sources, that's part of the illness.

Do you think it's a sin or something? :

Why am I the creep? I told you the truth and I am t he creep?

Do you think it's a sin or something?  :

Why am I the creep? I told you the truth and I am t he creep?

You didn't tell the truth, but a lie. Christianity is a cult and a lie, and you're not telling any truths, so yes, you're a creepo.

It's part of the fundamental belief structure, Jesus never existed, so the quotes of Jesus were not from him but a composite of other peoples sayings, so the religious people just follow suite and can't quote or cite sources, that's part of the illness.

What in the world are you talking about?

Read 7:2 it doesnt say not to judge it say that what you judge you willed judged by read it and quit lying about it and then go and read 1cor 2:15 Jesus never said to not judge just that what you judge that will be the measure of judgement against the judge read it he who is spiritual judges all things.

Kind of hard to take advice from someone who's writing at a 8th grade level. Work on your grammar & spelling there brother. It's more important than you think.

Why are you on this board it obvious to lie in wait to decieve and make more rock ground herers Jesus talks alot about false converts and Paul said it no great thing if satan himself is appears as a minister,

For one you where never apart of are family you where a stoney ground hearer who needs Jesus to be saved and you will die and go into the lake of fire, you will be judged for your sins and not get off even if you are less wicked than the  Jim baker's of the world or any other news cast of some infedel that has stood in a pupit

This is so cute. I know you're preaching fire & brimstone, but for some reason it's just so preciously cute to me. Maybe because I'm so beyond being affected by it that it just looks like a fuzzy bunny trying to naysay me.

All souls are precious to God but you must repent of this wickedness

Must I now?

This is most stupid, depraived,  wicked ,site that is full of Devil and his ministers,

Again, how CUTE is this? I just wanna hug you & squueze you & call you George.

Funny how you went on a judgement free-for-all without even giving his 8 step hypothesis a shot.

You may want to think about what good it's doing being so scathingly negative and vicious to people like you are in this post.