Goodbye Jesus

A REAL challenge for Christians...

BeccasStillSeeking

Yeah--didn't see that one coming!  :grin:

In all seriousness, though, if someone wants to make an ass out of themselves, I have a serving of snark with their username on it. If they actually want to try to answer the question, that's entirely different. If they're not obsessive, judgmental and bothersome about their Christianity, they're not going to piss anyone off anyway.

There should have been an Eleventh Commandment: Don't be an asshat.

It's really so stumblebum sad that it's very funny.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeccasStillSeeking

• Ouroboros

• Eponymic

• Croesus

I think you already knew my answers to these questions--- and I for one, have read the testimonies and understood them. I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring this thread.

I'm sure you'll have lots of responses from the debaters.

Tap

*snert* You don't need to take this quiz, you've passed it already. But I'll send you something sparkly jpegwise if you'd like.

This is most stupid, depraived,  wicked ,site that is full of Devil and his ministers,

Thanks for the encouragement from such a holy one!

Mind you Croesus, we are not standing behind Becca, we are standing in front of Becca.

Slight correction here for Scotter.

We are not hiding behind Becca but we are standing behind her. As you stated, we are standing in front of her and we are also standing by her side.

We have seen the enemy and we know what he looks like.

-Reach

Guest Challenger

(Croesus)

This is most stupid, depraived, wicked ,site that is full of Devil and his ministers

And since you examined every single ex-believer site out there, I'll take your word for it. Hope you enjoyed them.

This one is a bit involved, but bear with me.

1. Go to the Testimonies section and choose at least ten (10) testimonies to read.

I read more than ten and they are all the same Christ rejecting sinners, who blame there leaving because the sins of others, or being duped into science falsely so called, http://www.drdino.com/seeArticle.php?artid=59

Dr Dino....

Dr Fucking DINO!!!

Sorry, but you're someone with the mental capacity of a brain-dead ameoba...

I read more than ten and they are all the same Christ rejecting sinners, who blame there leaving because the sins of others, or being duped into science falsely so called, http://www.drdino.com/seeArticle.php?artid=59

Thanks "Croesus". A perfect example of what not to do.

Aaaah, and that link to habitual liar "Dr" Dino who claims to have taught high school science but lists sonar as an electromagnetic phenomenon... what a hoot!

You know, we can't always conclude so fast and so confident that a new poster is braindead, but in cases like yours... :pureevil:

It's a good thing they don't give out scores for life's challenges for real. There'd be some hurting fundies out there.

Of course, it'd be nice if we could. Then everything would be easier to see. Kind of like doing a Bill Engvall, 'here's your sign' for spiritual evolution.

:o i read that as 'kind of like doing a kill bill'.

i must admit, that would be cool.

You have thoroughly failed this challenge already [....]

BeccasStillSeeking, that was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Absolutely brilliant.

Giant group hug for Becca!

Why am I the creep? I told you the truth and I am t he creep?

The Bible is FICTION to us!!! FICTION!!!!

ONLY YOU (and other Christians) think its truth!

PROVE IT!!!

Excuse me while I go take some tylenol.

Ok, if you are going to keep on doing this, I might as well as start quoting Star Trek!

Response #1 (there is too much to say in just one post.)

I read more than ten and they are all the same Christ rejecting sinners, who blame there leaving because the sins of others, or being duped into science falsely so called,

Not exactly. I found that even if your god exists he is a liar who refused to stand by his own word and do what he promised to do. I refuse to worship a lying god who promises to protect and revenge those who are his. He didn’t do so. SO he is a liar and not worthy of my worship. It’s not so much what the so-called Christians did, it was what your god didn’t do. Like Becca was pointing out in her poem (hugs and thanks for that Becca, I defiantly can relate)

Jesus said they are stoney Ground hearers they heard and then fell away luk 8:14

For one you where never apart of are family you where a stoney ground hearer who needs Jesus to be saved and you will die and go into the lake of fire, you will be judged for your sins and not get off even if you are less wicked than the Jim baker's of the world or any other news cast of some infedel that has stood in a pupit

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Once enlightened? Um….. How could we be both enlightened but not ever part of the family? Nope not going to work. Even your own bible doesn’t agree with you. Imagine that, twisting your own spiritual book in order to understand that which you never will.

Peter 3:

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Again, this was written to the Christians. So how can one be led away from god if they were never god’s to begin with? Again, your own bible does not support the bile spewing from your lips.

Response #2

Read 7:2 it doesnt say not to judge it say that what you judge you willed judged by read it and quit lying about it and then go and read 1cor 2:15 Jesus never said to not judge just that what you judge that will be the measure of judgement against the judge read it he who is spiritual judges all things.

Okay, the rest

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

And

John 12:

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Jesus doesn’t even judge, so who the hell do you think you are to judge me? Or do you put yourself above jesus?

And again:

Roman 14:

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

1 Cor 4:

3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: F10 yea, I judge not mine own self. 4 For I know F11 nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God

It must really suck to have your own spiritual book used to show you how wrong you are. I suggest you read it before you dare come in here and tell me where my heart was.

Why are you on this board it obvious to lie in wait to deceive and make more rock ground herers Jesus talks alot about false converts and Paul said it no great thing if satan himself is appears as a minister,

Nope!! Here to gain support from those going through what I am going through and to support those who need support. Something an egotistical, arrogant, judgmental, Jackasses like you are incapable of understanding. Help one another? Is that such a foreign concept to you?

This is most stupid, depraived, wicked ,site that is full of Devil and his ministers,

Are insults and misquotes the only thing you are capable of? So far that is all I have seen from you.

Why am I the creep? I told you the truth and I am t he creep?

What truth is that? Not either reality or biblical truth has been presented by you. Or is it the truth according to Croesus? Looks like it. Or are you going to try another pat answer that isn’t supported by your own bible? I dare you, I would like nothing more than rubbing your face in your misunderstanding of the bible.

What lie did I tell and be specific I gave you the verse that Jesus called you a false convert and gave proof link to where piltdown man and neatherthall man theories are all false.

Again a misquote. The verse is talking about those who have been born again and received jesus gladly, but were led astray by the devil. You are so off, it really is too easy and funny to knock you down a couple of notches. Show me anywhere in your bible where it says that if you don’t stay a christian you never were one. Also show me one verse in the bible that states that it is ok for you to judge me. Just one.

Mind you Croesus, we are not standing behind Becca, we are standing in front of Becca.

Yep, I am here as well to lend my support to Becca!!

Proof

Aha, so this was the 'proof link'. :)

Language

Although my native language isn't English, could you please write down the grammatical categories and semantic roles that exist in your language? It's a bit hard to follow.

You judge as if you were God

I judge according to the word of God not according to mans judgement.
So the subject "I" in "I judge" isn't an exemplar of "man" in "mans judgement"? Are you God being able to discern what is the word of God and what is not?

"There exists no Kantian radically autonomous person, with absolute freedom and a transcedent reason that dictates what is and isn't moral." [Philosophy in the Flesh: The Embodied Mind and Its Challenge to Western Thought by George Lakoff] (thanks to chef for pointing out the book).

My motives

Why are you on this board it obvious to lie in wait to decieve and make more rock ground herers Jesus talks alot about false converts and Paul said it no great thing if satan himself is appears as a minister,
You disappoint me.

Expressive illocutionary point

This is most stupid, depraived,  wicked ,site that is full of Devil and his ministers,
I only watch the fruits. I deplore your rudeness...

Read 7:2 it doesnt say not to judge it say that what you judge you willed judged by read it and quit lying about it and then go and read 1cor 2:15 Jesus never said to not judge just that what you judge that will be the measure of judgement against the judge read it he who is spiritual judges all things.

Jesus didn't write 1 Corinthians. Paul did. He contradicts Jesus.

There should have been an Eleventh Commandment: Don't be an asshat.

If there was only one commandment and that was it, I wonder if Christianity would have as many judgmental followers as it does today.

Ok, if you are going to keep on doing this, I might as well as start quoting Star Trek!

I think this one applies:

"Definitely feeling agressive tendencies, sir." -- Worf, Insurrection

Jesus didn't write 1 Corinthians.  Paul did.  He contradicts Jesus.

Paul didn't write 1 Corinthians, his uncle Heiny Schwartzman did.

BeccasStillSeeking, that was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Absolutely brilliant.

Giant group hug for Becca!

Oo, hugs. Can never get enough hugs. Yay!

And thanks. I am working on using creative snark instead of lapsing into outraged screaming. Now when I can do it in person...that will be something. :)