Goodbye Jesus

I Shall Have To Say Goodbye My Friends.

Major Tom

I have always wanted a spiritual experience. I was once accused of allowing myself to become demon possessed in black magic rituals and my first thought was, 'Damn I wish!'

Shyone, I have always LOVED thinking about how we are not only made of 'star-stuff', we are the culmination of earth's history re-organized matter from thousands of people, plants, animals and minerals. Physical re-incarnation is fact and its beautiful. I don't worry about having a soul or an afterlife of consciousness because we really do know what happens to our bodies.

Being pregnant right now I think about this a lot lately. Everything I eat becomes a part of my body which then is used to form the basis for what will be a new person. The exact configuration of whom has never existed before nor will ever exist again. The air I breathe, the chicken I had for lunch, the potatoes that made up my french fries are all a part of that. Its plenty amazing enough on its own.

When I took the test it gave me UU as well, with New Age and Neo-paganism coming up behind. If you have the need to attend church, Major Tom, I'd give UU a try. I may give them a try myself sometime.

I attended a UU Church years ago. I don't feel the need to go anymore. My "thing" is science, philosophy, reading and meditation. This I can access from home on the web. Currently reading excerpts from The God Particle by Leon Lederman and Dick Teresa. It's a history of science advances from Democritus from about 600 BC to the present day search for the Higgs Bosun using the supercollider in Geneva Switzerland. Fascinating to read and I think I will have to buy the book.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Ok don't have time to go through all the 50+ replies. Just wanted to say hey Major Tom, I'm so glad to see you're still with us! :) Thought you'd left. Don't go anywhere now, K? ^_^

neo

Thank you Neo for that very kind post. FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

Edited.

I have become a Buddhist/Christian....

My seven year old thinks that she is an Angel.

My daughter, Jenelle, had an unusual dream two days ago, some of which is posted now at the Lion's Den. It is entitled, "Is my seven year old an Angel?" Please feel free to be your skeptical selves if you choose to read it, Be assured I have no need to proselytize you to my ever-evolving religious view, as I do not believe in Hell, or in the seemingly bipolar God that is depicted in the Bible.

Still, I would value your comments on her dream and my interpretation thereof, here or at the Den. Thank you.

http://www.ex-christ...__fromsearch__1

"Have fun storming the castle!"

"Think it'll work?"

"Not a chance!"

"Goodbye!"

LeslieWave.gif

We may not be so far apart, you and I, 'wilyfem', though you won't want to hear this. When I took the test to see what religion I was at http://www.beliefnet...liefOMatic.aspx I was informed that I was within a single point of being either a Neo-Pagan, a Universalist and a New Age. No mainstream religion will have me. Wendyshrug.gif

Now I am having a problem redefining myself... Perhaps I am not a Christian strictly speaking after all, but rather a Buddhist/Pantheist/Christian? Where will I ever find such a church? (lol)

Actually, the Unitarian Universalists would be glad to have you. The beliefs you describe would fight right in among the UU's I've met- even here in Kansastan.

Personally, I see no reason why you 'have to say goodbye'... unless you just want to. I wouldn't consider the beliefs that you've described to be 'christian' according to my own upbringing... or any of the more obnoxious christian standards. And you aren't preaching, so I don't see a problem here.

Now I am having a problem redefining myself... Perhaps I am not a Christian strictly speaking after all, but rather a Buddhist/Pantheist/Christian? Where will I ever find such a church? (lol)

Actually, the Unitarian Universalists would be glad to have you. The beliefs you describe would fight right in among the UU's I've met- even here in Kansastan.

Personally, I see no reason why you 'have to say goodbye'... unless you just want to. I wouldn't consider the beliefs that you've described to be 'christian' according to my own upbringing... or any of the more obnoxious christian standards. And you aren't preaching, so I don't see a problem here.

I am pleased to accept your hospitality and to stay here at the Forum. Thanks for your tolerance and kind words (most recenlyl by Rank Stranger.) In allowing me to remain a member of this crowd you all clearly show that you are an open minded bunch.

Being among people grounded in reality is a delight for me. IMHO agnosticism, atheism and skeptiicism are the only logical positions to take; This is the "default world view" that the free thinker must hold. I"m glad to be among people who despise as I do those religious organizations that promote fear-based obedience to doctrines, with fear-mongering tactics designed to enslave, and their foolish unscientifically-based opposition to the physical realities of the universe.

I am pleased to accept your hospitality and to stay here at the Forum. Thanks for your tolerance and kind words (most recenlyl by Rank Stranger.) In allowing me to remain a member of this crowd you all clearly show that you are an open minded bunch.

Being among people grounded in reality is a delight for me. IMHO agnosticism, atheism and skeptiicism are the only logical positions to take; This is the "default world view" that the free thinker must hold. I"m glad to be among people who despise as I do those religious organizations that promote fear-based obedience to doctrines, with fear-mongering tactics designed to enslave, and their foolish unscientifically-based opposition to the physical realities of the universe.

There isn't any requirement to conform to any particular belief, nor should there be. It helps if there are good reasons for holding some belief, but there is probably more disagreement between some of the "atheists" about how the universe is organized than between some christians and atheists.

Anyway, controversy makes life interesting.