Goodbye Jesus

I Got Banned

Guest end3

Just got kicked off a Christian forum for supporting a guy that was advocating the Ephraim two-house "heresy". They didn't like my dragon avatar....implied I was a son of Satan. The senior guy said the guy with the heresy had a different spirit than the right one.

So I was defending the guy with the "heresy" and essentially called the senior guy a hypocrite for his disparaging remarks.

Anyway, son of Satan right here if anyone should care for an autograph.....get 'em while there "hot".

The point is, and I would like opinions please, the heresy is based on possible geneology to the nothern 10 lost tribes. Some people claim that gentiles could be just part of these lost Hebrews....particularly Ephraim.

So, the point was these boneheads were defining the level of faith and rules necessary to play "forum church". How nice.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Antlerman

• Shyone

• Brakeman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Super Moderator

A lot of Christians get testy with other Christians who don't agree with their particular interpretation of Scripture. I don't take sides in those debates as I consider the sacred writings too convoluted and irrelevant anyway.

That said, you and the heretic are as entitled to your views of the book as anyone else. The guy running the "forum church" is like the head theologian or preacher (and a hypocrite! Oh noes!) and entitled to make the rules. Still, he's a pompous ass and I wouldn't contribute to his building fund if I were you.

Wow End. They banned you for that? For something silly like that? How can the scriptures be discussed unless people are allowed to have different views?

That I have to admit is really funny. Who needs non believers and people other religions when Christians can't even agree among themselves.

To me what is entertaining is watching Christians argue with each other while I just sit back and watch.

And this suprises you..... because?

Christian forums are not about a free exchange of ideas, they are about conformity. Fall in line and comply, or get out.

The point is, and I would like opinions please, the heresy is based on possible geneology to the nothern 10 lost tribes. Some people claim that gentiles could be just part of these lost Hebrews....particularly Ephraim.

So, the point was these boneheads were defining the level of faith and rules necessary to play "forum church". How nice.

Sorry for your excommunication. Heresy, however, is in the mind of the believer, and one believer's heresy is another's religion.

Anyway, I've thought about the lost tribes of Israel, and I believe that their fate was mentioned indirectly in some parts of the OT (forgive me for not looking it up). Basically, it seems they were "transported" to other parts of the Assyrian Empire. Looking at a map, you can see that they extended their influence from Saudi Arabia to Turkey, and from Egypt to Iraq.

Basically, they're all Muslims now.

Wow End. They banned you for that? For something silly like that? How can the scriptures be discussed unless people are allowed to have different views?

They don't want true discussion of course. One of the great things about THIS forum is you practically have to be a spammer to get the ban hammer here. We can rant long and hard at each other without fear of banning.

Does this have anything to do with interpretation of prophecies? The two house thing I mean? That can potentially piss people off.

That said just consider yourself lucky the that you live in a country with the seperation of church and state, back in the day you could get killed for debating this sought of thing, and I'm not just talking about the catholics.

Just got kicked off a Christian forum for supporting a guy that was advocating the Ephraim two-house "heresy". They didn't like my dragon avatar....implied I was a son of Satan. The senior guy said the guy with the heresy had a different spirit than the right one.

So I was defending the guy with the "heresy" and essentially called the senior guy a hypocrite for his disparaging remarks.

Anyway, son of Satan right here if anyone should care for an autograph.....get 'em while there "hot".

Christianity.com, by chance?

They probably feared you were a Mormon. They're big into the lost tribes thing.

Personally, I think the "lost tribes" were absorbed into the empires around them, much like my "tribe" of dutch/swiss ancestors were absorbed into North America when they came here.

Either that, or they were long gone even before the bible stories were written as a nostalgic memoir of what once might have been. Kind of like how King Arthur stories represent an England that might have been.

Yes, I noticed the whole "fall in with OUR version of christianity, or get out" attitude early on, in fundie school, when I was a teen. I professed belief in Jesus, I believed I was on the christianity wagon...but wait, I wore sooo much black...and I considered evolution a valid theory...and, DEAR GAWD, I believe my dog has a soul! Oh yeah, and that whole thinking women are people thing, not cool. Standing up for my basic human rights as a woman, also not cool. I should have LET the creep molest me in school!

Ok, so maybe that's a little extreme at the end there, but you get the picture. I was hell-bound demon spawn to the good christians of Baptistville High (not actual name, but you get the idea) simply because my beliefs about the world, and some about Jesus, didn't match with theirs. And they thought "christian love" meant shunning, taunting and teasing until I became suicidal. Personally, I'm now happy I've never been baptised.

Oh yeah Lunatiheathen...women are cursed because of Eve. Tempters of godly men and unreliable emotional beings. Christian mysogyniy at it's finest.

What gets me is the fact they didn't like your cool dragon avatar and somehow managed to connect it with Satan. How boringly conservative and extreme.

I'm sorry you got excommunicated, if not surprised. I don't know enough about the Ephraim thing but it sounds to me like the "senior guy" doesn't know how to deal with debate other than to put a stop to it.

They probably didn't like the idea of talking about imaginary things and booted you.

mwc

Come to the dark side, we have cookies...

Sorry you had to put up with those morons End.

As I've said many times, the only thing a Christian hates more than an atheist it's another Christian. But not to just pick on Christians, it should be noted that Muslims spend most of their suicide bombers blowing up other Muslims.

Wow, getting banned by a Real Christian® sucks! You could ask that bozo if he is one of the real Christians encouraging the murders of innocent people in Uganda, since he claims to have the Real Holy Spirit®, then he must be a member of the same Real Church® as Pat Robertson. Atheists do not have to debate about the existence of god or Iesus since Christians do so much for our entertainment that proves there is no god. Christians are their worst enemy.

See what you people have done to me....damn it, now I am corrupt.

Cookies? Cookies did you say? :scratch:

I guess what pisses me off most is the rhetorical bullshit and action with no decent argument for it's logic.....not even from my wacky point of view. The guy was saying he felt sure that all the God believers within the 10 tribes had returned to Jerusalem and no possiblility for mixing with gentiles and further dispersion. Hell, I have a mixed bunch of believers/non-believers within my immediate family of five.

And here's the kicker...if we shut the doors on someone's path, then we are closing alot. They are even shutting doors on their own kind.

Thanks all for the comments :thanks:

End3,

I think you have finally started to realize why some of us are so pissed off at most Christians. :HaHa:

Most of them argue from emotions, feelings, thoughts, imaginations, and rarely from any solid evidence or logic. That's what we've been saying here for years. There are of course a few who do try or sometimes even succeed implementing sound reasoning in their debate, but they're not that common. You managed to convince me a couple of times, you know, even with your wacky logic, but that's because you want to get it right. It's all about honesty, honesty to yourself. Do you want to fool your own mind by using emotional arguments without any solid foundation? Or do you want to find the truth by looking at what is out there and reason your way to new understanding, regardless if it would change your current belief? That's the hardest, yet bravest, decision a person can make.

Just got kicked off a Christian forum

Way to go, End! Congratulations and here's to many more.woohoo.gif

Just got kicked off a Christian forum

Way to go, End! Congratulations and here's to many more.woohoo.gif

End,

I concur with par!

You should be proud!

I sometimes consider joining a Christian forum and just being myself to see how long it would take before they kicked me off.

There should be a place in our profile next to our forum posts that tallies how many christian sites booted us off.

See what you people have done to me....damn it, now I am corrupt.

No thanks necessary; It's our job.

Glad to see that it's proceeding apace. Everything right on schedule with our Evil Atheists Agenda. It's nice when it's like that.

May have to remove the "Authentic" qualifier from "Christian Believer." :HaHa:

May have to remove the "Authentic" qualifier from "Christian Believer." :HaHa:

Ouch! I would say no. People are authentic whatevers if they say they are, and even if they aren't doing it according to the way of their own scriptures.

If we used your criteria, there would be NO true believers.

Hmmm....

You've learned a sad, sad lesson about just how controlling and petty Christians can be, end. I offer you both an "I'm sorry, that totally sucks" as well as a "Congratulations, have a beer!" :beer:

Oh, and just to be a nitpicky heathen know-it-all: your avatar isn't a dragon. It's actually a wyvern.

(Technically though a wyvern is a type of dragon. So maybe just ignore me. ;) )