Goodbye Jesus

Proof that God exists

Guest Thegoodbook

Guest Thegoodbook

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." Psalm 14:1

The true atheist is either foolish or wicked. Foolish because he ignores the evidence that God exists(http://www.proofgodexists.org/) or wicked because he simply refuses to believe God's evidence or live by His truths. We become atheists in practice when we rely more on ourselves, others, or things of this world than on God. The fool mentioned here is someone who is aggressively perverse in his actions. To speak in direct defiance of God is utterly foolish. To all believers out there reading this, do not belittle those who do not believe, simply pray for them.

If God's evidences contained within this message did not convince you, then that is the fruit of choice God blessed you with and no one is forcing you to either read, accept, or respond to this message. However, if anything contained within this message gave you any reasonable doubt to suspect God may possibly exist, He invites you to say to yourself right now where no one else needs to know: God, if You are real, reveal Yourself to me today and give me the ability to recognize when you do. If you say and sincerely mean this prayer, prepare to be answered. Take care, may God bless you all, I love you all and more importantly, so does He(John 3:16).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• crazy-tiger

• Skankboy

• quicksand

Now that I believe God, you don't need to convince me.

But you have an attitude problem.

It could been more preferrable like, "Hi everybody. Here is a website I found and I like to see your comments, further down I like to learn from a possible fruitful exchange....."

Think.

The true atheist is either foolish or wicked. Foolish because he ignores the evidence that God exists(http://www.proofgodexists.org/) or wicked because he simply refuses to believe God's evidence or live by His truths. We become atheists in practice when we rely more on ourselves, others, or things of this world than on God. The fool mentioned here is someone who is aggressively perverse in his actions. To speak in direct defiance of God is utterly foolish. To all believers out there reading this, do not belittle those who do not believe, simply pray for them.

If God's evidences contained within this message did not convince you, then that is the fruit of choice God blessed you with and no one is forcing you to either read, accept, or respond to this message. However, if anything contained within this message gave you any reasonable doubt to suspect God may possibly exist, He invites you to say to yourself right now where no one else needs to know: God, if You are real, reveal Yourself to me today and give me the ability to recognize when you do. If you say and sincerely mean this prayer, prepare to be answered. Take care, may God bless you all, I love you all and more importantly, so does He(John 3:16).

Why don't you go fuck yourself and the fucking horse you rode in on.

(....)

There is no evidence within this message for, or against the existence of god.....so how is anyone supposed to decide such a thing based on evidence not given?

Your so called "evidence" comes from a book that cannot sustain itself as being the verifiable word of god. When your proof isn't verifiable, how can you expect it to stand up as the ultimate evidence for a supreme being? Talk about trying to build a foundation on sand. :Doh:

Once again, another christian comes here assuming everyone here to be a pack of hard crusty atheists. Deists believe in god. We just don't believe in BIBLEGOD.

Which of course means we don't believe in christianity or any other religion either. Getting people to believe in god doesn't mean you get them closer to christianity. I'm not sure why you think it does. I guess it's that whole "us" or "them" thing you have tainting your entire lives. It's why you are compelled to be "proactive" around people who don't believe the same things you do. You can't just let them alone, live and let live.....you have to "fix". And you would feel that compulsion if you did not believe truly that something needed to be "fixed" in the first place.

Stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.

Or better, stop trying to break things so you can fix them.

I have books that say that morons believe in God, because there is no God, so I guess it's a matter of trusting one book over the other. Does your book tell the truth? According to you it does, but according to me it does not.

Isn't it funny that we have another thread where a Christian is arguing that we can't prove if God exists or not. You two are definitely not on the same page, and not the same kind of Christian, so which one of you two are the truthful one?

I did pray that prayer, while I was at the end of my faith. I started to doubt and couldn't handle it, and prayed a prayer very similar to that. I asked God to show himself, to reveal himself, to me, independent of other people, and not through other people. I wanted a personal, and direct, conviction from God. The next second I lost my faith, because I got no confirmation at all from God. And that was two years ago. And I'm still waiting...

You see, I wanted to keep my faith, and still believe, but God didn't answer the silly little request that he would strengthen my faith. Is that to test God? And God can't be tested? I only asked him of what the Bible says we can't have on our own, the only thing that he has to give us, Faith. If he didn't want to give it to me, either he's at fault, or he simply doesn't exist.

The true atheist is either foolish or wicked. Foolish because he ignores the evidence that God exists(http://www.proofgodexists.org/)

Stop right there...

The site you mention contains several links to "proof" that God exists... one of which is to an article about the "proof that prayer works"

EVERY SINGLE "PROOF" that this article refers to was either made up or done under very dubious conditions. (check up on Dr Bernard Grad... where that article claims that he did an experiment with 18 children. The problem is, HE NEVER DID!)

Would you mind explaining why we should believe anything from that site when it has been demonstrated to be flinging around lies and falsehoods as though they were the truth?

Would you mind explaining why we should be convinced by anecdotes?

Would you mind explaining why you think anyone here is simple-minded enough to fall for the load of tosh that you keep spouting?

Would you mind explaining why you feel that quotes from the bible, a book that we consider to be fiction, are going to have some kind of effect on us?

No... I didn't think you would...

The true atheist is either foolish or wicked.

That's not what the verse in Psalms says. It says they are fools AND are wicked. Try reading it again. It explicitly states that there are none who do good.

Foolish because he ignores the evidence that God exists(http://www.proofgodexists.org/) or wicked because he simply refuses to believe God's evidence or live by His truths.
Ad hominem. Why does your proof for God start by attacking non-believers? Oh, because the remainder of what you have to say is utter garbage.

The site is cute, but it's wildly speculative. Without getting into a lot of detail, the proofs offered are somewhat strained. Take the page about evolution, for example, which I naturally gravitated to. The author uses a laughable technique to make it seem as though the Bible is endorsing evolution. The funniest, I thought, was that since the Bible seems to not indicate the diversification of the races that the process must have been so gradual that nobody noticed. We're to then believe that the author is having a eureka moment as though this stands as hard evidence of biblical-supported evolution when, in fact, she's simply treating the Bible as a ventriloquist dummy (to steal a phrase from Dr. Robert M. Price).

Nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about DNA, natural selection, mutations, or any of the things that are scientifically associated with evolution. No, instead we're given strange interpretations of the verses, as though the Bible authors themselves are talking in a code. If evolution was actually revealed to the ancients, they might not have used the same terminology, but they certainly would have described it in a way that would actually be clear and unambiguous.

And this is just one example. Not only are we dealing with someone who has a poor understanding of science, but a poor understanding of scripture as well. And for once, I think the majority of Christian who visit this site will likely agree.

We become atheists in practice when we rely more on ourselves, others, or things of this world than on God. The fool mentioned here is someone who is aggressively perverse in his actions. To speak in direct defiance of God is utterly foolish. To all believers out there reading this, do not belittle those who do not believe, simply pray for them.
Again, more adhominems.

There's a whole lot of preaching going on here. Where is your evidence?

Or was that silly website supposed to suffice?

Are you sure you have the right religion?

Qu'ran : The Cow 2:126 And when Abraham prayed: My Lord! Make this a region of security and bestow upon its people fruits, such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day, He answered: As for him who disbelieveth, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the doom of Fire - a hapless journey's end!

I will be seeing you in hell oh hapless disbeliever!

BTW... I am going to put on my prophet robe and Prophetize that THEGOODBOOK above is going to post a 4-Step Perfect Proof for God.

Takers?

BTW... I am going to put on my prophet robe and Prophetize that THEGOODBOOK above is going to post a 4-Step Perfect Proof for God.

Takers?

I wouldn't put it past him...

I wouldn't put it past him...

Kinda like......

Can I play?

I do not believe that the bible is the word of god. Bible quotes will get you nowhere.

The true atheist is either foolish or wicked. Foolish because he ignores the evidence that God exists(http://www.proofgodexists.org/) or wicked because he simply refuses to believe God's evidence or live by His truths.

I read part of your site, which, by the way does not quotes sources. At least none that I found in the first couple of links.

So I am a fool not to accept what they say is evidence without evidence to back up the evidence, or I am wicked for not following the vicious and evil ways of your cult. Stoned any adulterers lately? Nice.

We become atheists in practice when we rely more on ourselves, others, or things of this world than on God.

God has yet to provide a meal for my family, clothes, shelter or anything else what so ever. If I were to rely solely on god for these fundamental things, I would starve. I guess you do not work, or do anything for yourself, as god must provide such things for a believer such as yourself.

It is better knowing that it is my own effort that keeps my family going. I refuse to give credit where it is not due. The invisible sky man does not exist, and he will not provide you with anything but the false sense of hope that comes from a strong delusion. If this helps you go through your life, great. I do not need it, but thanks for the offer!

The fool mentioned here is someone who is aggressively perverse in his actions.

In what way? How do you know that all of the non believers act in a perverse manner? You know all of them? You have lived their lives and feel you are so high and mighty that you can judge their actions? Interesting.

To all believers out there reading this, do not belittle those who do not believe, simply pray for them.

The true atheist is either foolish or wicked.

And in the same post. Wow, do as I say not as I do. Anyone?

If God's evidences contained within this message did not convince you, then that is the fruit of choice God blessed you with and no one is forcing you to either read, accept, or respond to this message.

I was not forced, but it seemed like fun. BTW what evidence was in your post? All I saw was a bunch of assumptions and a link to a website lacking sources.

However, if anything contained within this message gave you any reasonable doubt to suspect God may possibly exist, He invites you to say to yourself right now where no one else needs to know: God, if You are real, reveal Yourself to me today and give me the ability to recognize when you do.

:lmao: Not the first to try to convert me or here on the forum, but one of the weakest to date, to be sure.

So riddle me this…

Why did you come and post this knowing the reception it would get? DO you really think you will gain converts?

The true atheist is either foolish or wicked. Foolish because he ignores the evidence that God exists(http://www.proofgodexists.org/) or wicked because he simply refuses to believe God's evidence or live by His truths.

.....snipped.......

See my signature down below for my response to this "fool" and "wicked" crack.

Take care, may God bless you all, I love you all and more importantly, so does He(John 3:16).

"For snarf so loved the world, that he chose to blind and damn a great portion of humanity in a lake of burning fire for the sin of not kissing his ass." -- Gontarg 3:16

"Love me or else." Sounds like a terrorist threat to me.

Thanks, but no thanks. With such "love" I can do without. :vtffani:

Guest Dragonblade

TheGoodBook........

Your god is a cocksucking, shit spewing, cold-blooded murdering lier who gets brainwashed asswipe sheep such as yourself to tell us of his divine love for us.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I fart in your general direction.

I choose to follow the opposition. Hail Satan, Lord of all!!!

DRAGONBLADE

The fool said in his heart, there is no Zeus.

I did pray that prayer, while I was at the end of my faith. I started to doubt and couldn't handle it, and prayed a prayer very similar to that. I asked God to show himself, to reveal himself, to me, independent of other people, and not through other people. I wanted a personal, and direct, conviction from God. The next second I lost my faith, because I got no confirmation at all from God. And that was two years ago. And I'm still waiting...

You see, I wanted to keep my faith, and still believe, but God didn't answer the silly little request that he would strengthen my faith. Is that to test God? And God can't be tested? I only asked him of what the Bible says we can't have on our own, the only thing that he has to give us, Faith. If he didn't want to give it to me, either he's at fault, or he simply doesn't exist.

Ah, you and me both! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks such a simple request is not so unreasonable.

Ah, you and me both! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks such a simple request is not so unreasonable.

Right. It should be the minimal requirement for a personal experience of God.

If God refuses to answer any other prayer, at least this one is of the most importance to him. That I get saved. So if I do want to get saved, then I want to get faith, and I ask him for faith, and he doesn't give me faith, then God decided that I was not worthy, or simply he doesn't exist.

• Admin
Kinda like......

That's hilarious!

From website:

There is one way to know for YOURSELF that God exists and that Christ is God. Suspect disbelief for a few moments, and take a leap of faith and have the courage to SINCERELY pray the following prayer. Now you suspend disbelief for hours at a time to watch a movie, or read a book, you can surely do it for sixty seconds to perform an important experiment!

Please tell me that's a typo and not a Freudian slip on their part...

Honestly, that is one of the most awful apologetic sites I've ever seen. :loser:

I know you think you're here doing "the good work", but honestly, you've got to be able to come up w/better than that. Remember, for the most part, we WERE christians. Hell, we've even got a former pastor or two floating around. So if you REALLY want to talk to us, not just regeritate this pap from a second rate website, by all means, give it a go...

IMOHO,

:thanks:

From Website:

Why there is suffering exists

Have you suffered? You have just received a painful medical inoculation against the illness of indifference. Anger and bitterness are nasty side effects of this hot but if you continue to grow, the anger and bitterness will fade away with the sweet passing of time. They will be choked out by better things in your Being. But the Compassion will grow in you for all Eternity, until it is a deep, primal, worldwide Forest of Love and Comfort. Have patience with yourself. A weed grows up overnight but it takes a long time to grow a Forest of Sequoia.

How the fuck does this answer why there is suffering in the world???

Elizabeth Hensley should immediately be signed up for double-lobotomy surgery, and a triple thick rubber wallpaper should be sent to her home. She is obviously a frothing at the mouth lunatic and a danger to herself and, via these derranged ramblings, a danger to the minds of any who might happen to read her gibberish.

The website was a terrible disappointment, especially the part about the anthropic principle. Having read Hawking's A Brief History of Time, I have been exposed to a more scientific and objective rendering of the principle. It requires no creator. For someone to put forth all the variables necessary for our universe to exist and citing the odds against it is akin to expressing astonishment that an asteroid, of all the places in the universe, struck your backyard. Your backyard has as good a claim to the impact as any other place. Besides, who can say there aren't an infinite number of universes? This blatant, self-serving misuse of the anthropic principle merely generates distrust among educated people and is thus counterproductive. Don't you worry that some any souls may be destined for hell because you directed them to a site that undermines trust in evangelists and apologists. They might have been ready to open their hearts to Christ, but now they have hearts hardened by disillusionment.

Why there is suffering exists

There is it again! What is it with these crap apologetic sites and their inability to use proper spelling/grammar!

:nono::loser::nono:

There is it again!  What is it with these crap apologetic sites and their inability to use proper spelling/grammar!

:nono:   :loser:   :nono:

Because from Master Yoda, they have learned.

Died for your sins he did. Repent you must...