Goodbye Jesus

Pantheism

Guest Babylonian Dream

Sort of like a modulation between "ego-driven mind" and the intuitive and counter-intuitive state of the "transcendental" mind. Although I like your explanation a bit better, especially about the music thing.

Thanks. I find it hard to explain the experience. I think Einstein said something similar to what you say about the intuition. If only I could always listen to that part of my mind!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Legion

• agnosticator

• lunaticheathen

I haven't encountered that yet, but no I don't believe the universe is sentient nor conscious, and I hope no one assumes I think such.

And I didn't assume you did. :)

Lol, I didn't think you thought I did. I was just clearing that up in case someone were to ask. :D

And I didn't think that you thought that I thought that you thought you did... :lmao:

On the other hand, can we say for sure that we know it isn't? If consciousness could take form within other kinds of complex structures, besides the brain, which allows processes, it perhaps could be possible that the quarks are part of some super-giant brain... :shrug:

Hey, who knows? Though such an incredible claim would require an incredible amount of evidence, though where would one get it?

I think it would be impossible to prove. To prove that the universe is conscious and can think you would have to figure out how to talk to it, which means be able to step up to the same level of existence as that being. We can't--at least not today.

On the other hand, a belief in such a being can only be a belief (without evidence), not a knowledge. So if someone believe this to be true, it's not based on evidence.

Guest I Love Dog

That was exactly the same experience I had a couple of months after my de-conversion. The details were of course different, but it was the same feeling.

I wonder if it's possible to do things to prime our minds for having this kind of experience. It was a blissful feeling for me. I don't know if I'd want to try and operate in that state of mind all the time, but it would be nice to be able to induce the experience. You know?

Yes, it's called "awareness". Just be aware at all times of what is going on around you.

My whole life is such as you describe and even after a long life I still find incredible joy in "nature", what happens around me regarding other life forms or the weather, rivers, lakes, the oceans, rocks, hills, mountains. I'm not a pantheist, although I'm a part of nature,as are all life forms on the planet. I have no "god", just life itself.