Goodbye Jesus

Kanye And Vick

Dillinger

Marty: you are so rite about that PitBull thing I have known pits to be so friendly, it's the owners who are the ones at fault they are the ones who teach pits to be aggressive, the one Pit bull I knew his name "traveler " he was friendlier than our german shepherd we had. And guess what my dad had that german shepherd put into a training school to teach him to attack.

I can't believe that anyone is wasting the time being upset about something Kayne West did quite a while ago at some music awards.

As for Michael Vick, I find the OP's sentiments of wanting to watch him ass raped with his eyes clamped open every bit as disturbing as what Vick did. I'd rather be in a world where offenders have a limited punishment and a chance for rehabilitation than a world in which the OP made the rules. (I also find it distasteful, despite this being the rants section, that this is a site where people are allowed to wish extreme violence upon others. It's not something that makes me proud to be associated with ex-Christians). Vick was in jail for two years and it seems that the best possible outcome has occurred - that he's gone on to be a non-offending and productive member of society (even if you don't think pro football is a productive job, he pays a lot of taxes and his organization employs thousands of people, probably tens of thousands).

...I've never been attacked by a poodle...

I can assure you that it is only because Poodles are not generally chained up all day alone, denied affection, food, mental stimulation, and are not actually trained to be aggressive and look for fights. If you took a Poodle and treated it like a Pit Bull destined for fighting, you would get an aggressive Poodle that will roam the neighborhood looking for a fight.

I treat my dogs like they are my children (in fact, they are the closest I will get to being a father) and they love me and everyone they meet with the same affection. Sokki even sleeps with me, under the covers and between my legs when it is cold outside!

Kayne West is a worthless piece of crap and this is rants and raves, I actually blog'd this months ago maybe over a year I would have to check, and like the controversy.

not all rap stars suck or are worthless like Kayne West.

Kayne West = Wendyloser.gif

Michael Vic has paid his debt to society yet there are those on here who will continue to be an ongoing judge and executioner. You act like a bunch of Christians.

In my opinion it's the type of person that he is.

If someone can be OK with being that cruel to dogs, chances are he is not that far away from the same attitude towards humans.

OK, so he "paid his debt". That doesn't mean he isn't still an cruel asshole.

Also, I don't hear anyone throwing a fit over the living conditions of livestock, or bullfighting.

Really? Cos I've heard plenty.

I can assure you that it is only because Poodles are not generally chained up all day alone, denied affection, food, mental stimulation, and are not actually trained to be aggressive and look for fights. If you took a Poodle and treated it like a Pit Bull destined for fighting, you would get an aggressive Poodle that will roam the neighborhood looking for a fight.

Well, label me dubious. I realize some PBs are trained to fight, but most are naturally aggressive. My best friend's father owned 3 and I know for a fact he treated them well. They were still dangerous to be around and had to be controlled so they wouldn't hurt visitors. And if you spent some time googling, I seriously doubt you will find one case where a poodle attacked or killed a toddler, but you'll get thousands of hits, all coming up PB and Rottweiler if you search for dog attack. How they are raised has an impact, but it's not the only variable at play here.

On a slightly different topic, my theory is many PB owners have the same reptilian dysfunction monster SUV owners do. They feel small so puff themselves up to appear bigger to the world. That, or they have small dicks.

No offense if you have one for other reasons. But even PB owners have to admit, there is a certain stereotypical white trash element that rings true with most of the owners. Exceptions to rules like this always exists, so I'm not trying to box anyone in.

But even PB owners have to admit, there is a certain stereotypical white trash element that rings true with most of the owners. Exceptions to rules like this always exists, so I'm not trying to box anyone in.

In my area, pit bulls are preferred by Black Trash. White Trash prefer rottweilers. Though there's some overlap between the two.

Kayne West is a worthless piece of crap and this is rants and raves, I actually blog'd this months ago maybe over a year I would have to check, and like the controversy.

not all rap stars suck or are worthless like Kayne West.

Kayne West = Wendyloser.gif

I wasn't sure who the guy was, so I googled him and controversy.

Are you refering to this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West West has had several controversies throughout his career. On September 2, 2005, during a benefit concert for Hurricane Katrina relief on NBC, A Concert for Hurricane Relief, West was a featured speaker. When West was presenting alongside actor Mike Myers, he deviated from the prepared script. Myers spoke next and continued to read the script. Once it was West's turn to speak again, he said "George Bush doesn't care about black people." At this point, telethon producer Rick Kaplan cut off the microphone and then cut away to Chris Tucker, who was unaware of the cut for a few seconds. Still, West's comment reached much of the United States.[94][95] Bush stated in an interview that the comment was "one of the most disgusting moments” of his presidency.[96]

In January 2006, West again sparked controversy when he appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone in the image of Jesus wearing a crown of thorns.[97]

What's the big deal? Bush deserves a lot worse and mocking Jesus is just hilarious.

I'm not crucifying him. I only barely know the story from second hand sources like this board. I'm certainly unable to empathize with him though and my empathy levels toward the underdog are probably higher than 99% of the people out there. How could the guy honestly be ignorant about laws and moral outrage toward dog fighting? If he was, it doesn't matter. Like I said, society is right to force a penalty on him to ensure it doesn't happen again with him and others. I see that as a good thing.

He was probably aware of the laws but dim about the moral outrage aspect. I came from a world where if someone was fucking with you, the way to deal with it was to beat the shit out of him until he stopped moving, or at least make an honorable go of it before he beats the shit out of you until you stop moving. If anyone were to suggest a more civilized way of handling disputes we'd be like "what the fuck kinda shit is that!?" :twitch: It took me a good while to adjust to... uh... more bourgeois ways of dishing out and responding to aggression. Now, every time I encounter some smarmy prick my initial impulse is to bark out "parking lot, motherfucker!" But I can see how one's understanding of 'moral outrage' outside one's narrow subculture could be dim.

Then again, if this guy's in the pros, he must have spent at least one or two years in college. :shrug: But then again, I've taught top-level university athletes, and....

Training pit bulls for dog fighting is a very recent phenomenon because they have a natural propensity to want to please the owner (like they were original bred for). In centuries past, it was the bull dog that was the vicious dog fighter to stay away from--they look the way they do because the folds in the skin pool blood away from their face, the loose skin prevented serious tearing, and the large under bite locked in whatever they have caught in their grip; over time, their viciousness was bred out once bear bating and dog fighting were outlawed, but they can still be "red zone" dogs if not trained and exposed to different stimuli properly.

The most dangerous dogs now are the pure breeds due to inbreeding, but the Caucasus Mountain dog (which is very rare breed outside of the Caucasus Mountains) remains the absolute most dangerous dog.

but the Caucasus Mountain dog (which is very rare breed outside of the Caucasus Mountains) remains the absolute most dangerous dog.

Valieva%20%231.JPG

That thing?

but the Caucasus Mountain dog (which is very rare breed outside of the Caucasus Mountains) remains the absolute most dangerous dog.

Valieva%20%231.JPG

That thing?

Yeah. They are so aggressive, they oftentimes have to be separated from the rest of their litter lest they nearly kill their litter mates. But with some proper training, they can shown in the dog circuits.

• Super Moderator

You're getting off track with Vick. It's not just about illegal dog fighting. He very cruelly tortured the dogs to a miserable death. The dogs were lucky if they got killed in a fight. Not a guy who should be in the position of role model.

Well, label me dubious. I realize some PBs are trained to fight, but most are naturally aggressive. My best friend's father owned 3 and I know for a fact he treated them well. They were still dangerous to be around and had to be controlled so they wouldn't hurt visitors. And if you spent some time googling, I seriously doubt you will find one case where a poodle attacked or killed a toddler, but you'll get thousands of hits, all coming up PB and Rottweiler if you search for dog attack. How they are raised has an impact, but it's not the only variable at play here.

On a slightly different topic, my theory is many PB owners have the same reptilian dysfunction monster SUV owners do. They feel small so puff themselves up to appear bigger to the world. That, or they have small dicks.

No offense if you have one for other reasons. But even PB owners have to admit, there is a certain stereotypical white trash element that rings true with most of the owners. Exceptions to rules like this always exists, so I'm not trying to box anyone in.

No offense taken, I don't need to over-compensate for a small penis! I also do not own a 140 decibel motorcycle either... :HaHa: I own a pit mix cause he was adorable, not for any other reason. I still do have to take issue with the statement "most are naturally aggressive". It is totally not my experience at all. I agree more with Ophelia, they want so badly to please their owner, and I do suspect inbreeding has a lot to do with aggressiveness. Perhaps there is a line bred for their aggressiveness, idk. I honestly have more experience with small, -20 lb dogs biting and attacking people, and again, I likened that to inbreeding.

It has honestly saddened me to read in this thread that so many people still have ideas that Pits are naturally aggressive. Even my mother has changed her tune since Sokki came into my life. I don't know what else to say, I have known about 8 Pits in my life and every single one of them has been the most friendly, loving animal...

Well, label me dubious. I realize some PBs are trained to fight, but most are naturally aggressive. My best friend's father owned 3 and I know for a fact he treated them well. They were still dangerous to be around and had to be controlled so they wouldn't hurt visitors. And if you spent some time googling, I seriously doubt you will find one case where a poodle attacked or killed a toddler,

Girl, 7, Hospitalized After Poodle Attack

GRASONVILLE, Md.- The Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Office says a 7-year-old Grasonville girl had to be taken to the hospital after being attacked and bitten by a large poodle.

http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?S=10769319

Lawsuit filed in poodle attack

By Chris Foreman, TRIBUNE-REVIEW

An Indiana couple is suing the estate of a deceased Fayette County woman whose miniature poodle allegedly attacked their 5-year-old son at her Bullskin Township home in 2002.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_396850.html

Punish the Deed, Not the Breed

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/OtherBreedBites/AllDogsBite.htm

I think I'm gonna get a pet alligator so that I can feel oppressed when the neighbors don't like it. Or maybe a rattlesnake- kept on a leash in the front yard.

Punish the deed- not the species!

I'm afraid the numbers aren't friendly to pit bulls: http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Attacks%201982%20to%202006%20Clifton.pdf

I tried to post them, but the formatting made the chart unreadable. PBs account for 50% of all attacks and the numbers are spread out across all other breeds, with none of them showing the same kind of statistical significance except for Rottweilers, which make up another 25%.

Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, has conducted an unusually detailed study of dog bites from 1982 to the present. (Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.) The Clifton study show the number of serious canine-inflicted injuries by breed. The author's observations about the breeds and generally how to deal with the dangerous dog problem are enlightening.

According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price.

http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html

^ So much for poodles never attacking like you claimed.

I blame bad owners. Pit bulls will disproportionately be put into negative environments due to their perpetuated stereotypes. According to the American Temperament Test Society, Pit Bulls pass the test with flying colors with scores of 82% or higher. Pit Bulls have also long served as therapy dogs. In fact, Helen Keller's canine helper was a Pit Bull.

This is a good show - Pit Bulls and Parolees

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/pitbulls-and-parolees/

Just to be clear, I never said Pits do not have a violent history. I merely tried to stress that it is the owner and not the breed.

But of course, statistics are proof positive that it is the Pits themselves that are naturally violent, and should be banned at all costs. However, rising Muslim violence is just a product of media bias and does not show that Islam is inherently violent by nature at all, it is only a few (continually rising) set of isolated incidences... :Wendywhatever:

I think I'm gonna get a pet alligator so that I can feel oppressed when the neighbors don't like it. Or maybe a rattlesnake- kept on a leash in the front yard.

Apples and oranges, nice try.

Apples and oranges, nice try.

Would've been more convincing if "deed" and "species" rhymed.

^ So much for poodles never attacking like you claimed.

My exact words: "I seriously doubt you will find one case where a poodle attacked or killed a toddler." Not exactly a claim. Rather an expressed doubt.

@Marty: I'm not suggesting they should be banned. I am just doubtful about the claims they aren't disproportionately dangerous. Far be it for me to offer a nanny state solution or to argue the stats make all or even most of them bad.

A better bumper sticker slogan is "Punish the deed, not the breed."

You're getting off track with Vick. It's not just about illegal dog fighting. He very cruelly tortured the dogs to a miserable death. The dogs were lucky if they got killed in a fight. Not a guy who should be in the position of role model.

yes he did kill those dogs in such a horrible way and only got two years for it. I was in Federal prison when this happened and Most Black guys I talked to though Michael Vick got a raw deal, "they were useless stupid dogs that were of no use and needed to die coz they was bring no money" not in those exact words though. not rite in the head you said it so well dude. its odd that so many people think its ok what he did and shouldnt have gone to Prison..

CRAZY