Goodbye Jesus

Re: "dear Christian, I Am An Atheist..."

J-Sea

I have answers for all of you.

Unfortunately, your "answers" are just plain silly.

,..No matter what I say, you all won’t hear.

J-Sea, it's time you grew the fuck up and learned the difference between "not hearing" and "not agreeing."

I challenge anyone to show one true contradiction of the Bible and not point to something taken out of context.

A "loving" god that created a place of eternal punishment. No context is necessary.

Furthermore, I can tell you that the day you die, you are going to be without excuse, and this won’t be so funny to you.

You really are a sick and sadistic little bastard. Putting aside for a moment the fact that insentient, dead beings don't actually need excuses, your use of threats of violence just confirms that your religion has not made you a better person.

Where were you guys when the universe was formed?

Nowhere in particular... Which is exactly where you, J-Sea, and every single person you currently know and love will be 200 years from now. There is no evidence for eternal life, no matter what your book of myths claims.

Guest I Love Dog

Y’all think you have Science, but all you have theories that calm your consciousness. You all have no idea where we came from, how we got here, why there are so many completely different and complex languages, why us humans of all creatures have dominion over the world despite being some of the least ferocious creatures in ourselves on earth. Surely, if y’alls theory is true, other creatures would have developed many languages and have ability to create some for of technology on their own that is somewhat in proportion to what we have. If your theory is true, why are we the only creature that seeks comfort instead of living for the next meal?

Consider the book of Job when God says in the 38th chapter

4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

So all you atheist and God haters declare if thou hast understanding. Where were you guys when the universe was formed?

Many creatures seek comfort. Dogs are a prime example. All members of the ape family seek and give comfort.

Many creatures have a basic form of technology. Many birds and members of the ape family use various forms of artefacts when obtaining food.

There is now a very strong idea forming that human brains developed much faster than others when they started cooking their food.

Humans dominate due to many factors. Weapons, pure weight of numbers, machinery to enable land clearing, etc. Of course, hunting for pleasure has been a great destroyer of other animals on the planet and if there was a god, then that god certainly created the nastiest creature on the planet when humans were "created". No other animal kills for pleasure. No other animal destroys their own species by the million like humans do, inventing and building weapons purely for that purpose. Still, what can you expect when 25% of the planet's population worship Yahweh, the god of war.

Instead of ranting and raving and copying and pasting bible quotes, the writing of over-zealous scribes from the Bronze Age, step back, open your mind and think seriously and logically about the questionable things that you say.

I don't hate your god, I don't even believe that he/she/it exists, because if he did then he/she/it either doesn't have a mind and operates with blind and unplanned negligence or has one of the sickest, cruellest minds imaginable.

I'm glad that only 25% of the World's population is Christian and even more glad that only a tiny percentage are as angry and blinkered and as insulting as you are. That is my understanding.

I have answers for all of you. I can debate all day. You know what though, it’s vanity, because no matter what I say, you all won’t hear. So it’s useless, because you won’t hear me, and you all can’t convince me.

You all obviously have not this. So, it would be seemingly impossible to discuss the true things of the world with you. For while professing yourselves to be wise, you became fools.

This sounds a lot like you all. Just saying and further emphasizing my point. You guys accept not, because you desire to have control of your lives. You desire to decide for yourselves what’s wrong and what’s right. Newsflash, in Hitler’s sight, he was good, so obviously man is incapable of making such decisions on their own. Furthermore, I can tell you that the day you die, you are going to be without excuse, and this won’t be so funny to you. You’re not going to be able to hide behind, o, well, that theory made so much more sense to me… It won’t work that way.

Y’all think you have Science, but all you have theories that calm your consciousness. You all have no idea where we came from, how we got here, why there are so many completely different and complex languages, why us humans of all creatures have dominion over the world despite being some of the least ferocious creatures in ourselves on earth. Surely, if y’alls theory is true, other creatures would have developed many languages and have ability to create some for of technology on their own that is somewhat in proportion to what we have. If your theory is true, why are we the only creature that seeks comfort instead of living for the next meal?

Feel better yet? Did you sort out whatever you came here to sort out? Or do you need a couple more rounds to feel better about whatever is bothering you?

I'm bored so I'll respond. Not that I except anything real in response.

This sounds a lot like you all. Just saying and further emphasizing my point. You guys accept not, because you desire to have control of your lives.

And why did you turn to religion? To take control of your life?

Y’all think you have Science, but all you have theories that calm your consciousness.

Actually, it challenges all our presuppositions and unsettles the calm. The exact opposite of what you say. So how about you turning to religion? Isn't that to try to calm your troubled mind by believing a Savior will take care of business for you, "save" you, so to speak?

You all have no idea where we came from, how we got here, why there are so many completely different and complex languages,

Umm, no we have a great deal of information that very accurately and cosistentantly explains this things, verified again and again from any approach you really wish to take with it. I think what you're saying is that you have no idea because you rejected education out of your fear of the discomfort other information brings to your religious beliefs.

why us humans of all creatures have dominion over the world despite being some of the least ferocious creatures in ourselves on earth.

The size of our brains, opposable thumbs, tools, the creation of time through mental conceptual frameworks, etc. These and many, many more reasons why we were able to not simply be a part of the ecosystem (which we also are), but step outside it in a created worldspace of mind and material. I could go on for pages and pages talking about this, but if it's simpler to just think it happened by magic for you, go ahead and take the easy, more comforting path that keeps you safe and sound in your ignorance, if that's where you think salvation lies.

Surely, if y’alls theory is true, other creatures would have developed many languages and have ability to create some for of technology on their own that is somewhat in proportion to what we have.

The theory is valid and supported, and in fact explains why the other forms of animal life have in fact not done what we've done. It's all explained by it.

If your theory is true, why are we the only creature that seeks comfort instead of living for the next meal?

Because humans are not just biological animals, but we have evolved minds, a fully emerged mental worldspace within which we also operatate and interact. A dog doesn't have a concept of time, where it creates structures to support its mental worlds. Humans do and that's what all of your religion, science, and society is: structural supports for emerging mental worlds.

(*suspects this went sailing several miles above your place of seeing the world, "as a child", as the Apostle Paul would put it.)

So here's the choice:

1. "Godditit", shuts off brain and just sticks with what others tell you is the truth of some God as they see it

2. Open your mind, your heart, your eyes, your ears and learn and grow, never accepting what anyone tells you to believe, but always considering, evaluating, and internalizing everything in a sincere spirit in search of truth. Number 1 choice above disqualifies you as being sincere.

I think what you're saying is that you have no idea because you rejected education out of your fear of the discomfort other information brings to your religious beliefs.

+1

Contempt is self-protective. He is fragile.

Phanta

I challenge anyone to show one true contradiction of the Bible and not point to something taken out of context. I challenge any man to show me a piece of scripture that has been proven wrong. As English speakers, I require that all submissions come from the KJV and NO other version.

Here's a list of only 101 of them: http://www.skeptically.org/bible/id8.html

Here's another: Gen 22:14 vs Exodus 6:2-3. How can it be that the name YHWH was first revealed to Moses and Moses was told Abraham didn't know the name YHWH and yet Abraham named a place after the name YHWH (hry hwhy)?

Paul creates a logical contradiction in Titus 1:12 when he says that all Cretans are liars and he knows this because a Cretan told the truth about how they all are liars. It's a textbook contradiction: "12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said , The Cretians are always liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true." Either the Cretan prophet is a liar and wrong about all Cretans being liars, or the Cretan prophet is telling the truth and not all Cretans are liars.

I'm sure these contradictions are 20-30 IQ levels above your head, but give it a try at least to understand them. (I know you won't anyway, but I'm an optimist at times...)

This sounds a lot like you all. Just saying and further emphasizing my point. You guys accept not, because you desire to have control of your lives. You desire to decide for yourselves what’s wrong and what’s right.

Reason is a better tool to discern right from wrong than religious experience and emotions. Something isn't right or wrong just because you feel like it. It's right or wrong because there are reasons to them to be.

Newsflash, in Hitler’s sight, he was good, so obviously man is incapable of making such decisions on their own.

One man's opinion about himself doesn't discern if he's good or not in the social context. I'm not what they call vulgar relativist. I believe there are some moral constraints that are objective from very reasonable arguments.

Furthermore, I can tell you that the day you die, you are going to be without excuse, and athis won’t be so funny to you. You’re not going to be able to hide behind, o, well, that theory made so much more sense to me… It won’t work that way.

I'm not sure what you ramble about...

Y’all think you have Science, but all you have theories that calm your consciousness. You all have no idea where we came from, how we got here, why there are so many completely different and complex languages, why us humans of all creatures have dominion over the world despite being some of the least ferocious creatures in ourselves on earth. Surely, if y’alls theory is true, other creatures would have developed many languages and have ability to create some for of technology on their own that is somewhat in proportion to what we have.

Eh... no, the theory does not lead to that at all. It shows that you don't understand the theory of evolution at all. You haven't even touched the cover of an "Evolution 101" book in the bookstore yet.

It's like me saying, "Your Christian belief is wrong because pixies are blue, not yellow!"

Did it make sense? No, it didn't. And why doesn't it make sense to argue pixies against Christianity? Because Christianity doesn't talk about pixies at all. The same with your argument against evolution above: you're showing 100% complete ignorance.

And when it comes to the end of our lives, I rather be alive inside and see the beauty of the world in its full glory, facing the truth and reality with open eyes, than to be dead inside from religious dogma and lies, like you. You are already dead. I'm finally alive. Religion kills.

If your theory is true, why are we the only creature that seeks comfort instead of living for the next meal?

I have studied live apes. Have you?

I have seen gorilla babies seeking comfort in the arms of their mothers. I have some poor quality pictures too, but I won't bother to post them because you're full of shit and stupidity. My proving anything wouldn't fix your religious asshat brain.

And these are only OT contradictions. NT certainly has it's share of them.

Reread your post. Is this the love Jesus showed? If yes, I want no part of it. I'd rather be in hell as long as I'm separate from his hate. If no, I want no part of whatever religion you're toting. Either way, you just proved our point about Christianity being hateful.

• Like 1

I have answers for all of you. I can debate all day. You know what though, it’s vanity, because no matter what I say, you all won’t hear.

So you admit to being prideful. Okay good on you. That's one sin down.

So it’s useless, because you won’t hear me, and you all can’t convince me.

Therefore as Jesus once said brush off your sandals and move on.

I challenge anyone to show one true contradiction of the Bible and not point to something taken out of context. I challenge any man to show me a piece of scripture that has been proven wrong.

As English speakers, I require that all submissions come from the KJV and NO other version. And being as though as I have witnesses for all things in the Bible that will testify to the events spoken of in it, I believe that means that the burden of proof falls on your shoulders. Some of you, have reluctantly already proven my point.

First, Which point?

Second see above posts.

Some have slandered me, which is cool, I don’t mind,

In print its called libel and you would actually have to prove damage to your character.

but it just proves that truth is the last thing you guys or interested in, or you wouldn’t have lied about me, and if you all are so good, you wouldn’t have hated as you did… Again, it doesn’t hurt my feelings. I’m just merely pointing it out.

The 'truth' is exactly what everyone here is after. What we have discovered is that the bible is ancient literature and to be honest not even that good. Has been translated and re translated and edited by so many hands most stories should be equated with the Illiad, which is a better story.

The simple fact is many here are very well spoken and well researched on the bible and all that it contains. I personally am not. However, I'll take a stab at it.

Paul wrote in his first epistle to the church at Corinth in chapter one:

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

First Paul was an idiot.

Second, this is one Paul's many letters. Paul spent most of his life founding churches all over the Agaen and West Med costs. He was attempting to create a hegemogeny in the early chruch. Since at this time they were little more then hippies preaching truth, love, and anti-estabilishment.

Third, all that is being adressed in these verses are divisons in the Corinthian church. This is due to the fact that Corinith was a Greek trading city and therefore had many nationalities and religions all over the city. My interpertation is that Corinth had started to do what the Catholic church actually did centuries later and co-op pagan practices and give them Christian meaning, therefore corrupting the foundation of the church in Jesus.

Taken out of context, as you have so generously done, it appears as a admonishment to trying to talk to unbelievers. However, in context, it seems to me that it would be more appropriate to say that without the foundation in Jesus, it us usless to try to talk to anyone about Jesus.

As many of us here had a foundation in Jesus and found it made of sand you prove your own ignorance.

Consider the Psalmests words in the 111th chapter

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

You all obviously have not this. So, it would be seemingly impossible to discuss the true things of the world with you. For while professing yourselves to be wise, you became fools.

Tying into what you posted above, kudos for that BTW. You quote the entire verse yet you only hear part of it. Fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom. However, you are cherry picking. You pulled part of verse out of the OT testement where god is a malevenant being to both enemies and friends alike, and paired it with NT where god is not.

Additionally, your choic of the KJV is also cherry picking. A better translation is AWE of god not fear. However, according to websters fear means awe. In archaic language then, fear of the king would mean awe. In less archaic language "a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined" So then, this implies that god is evil? So god is then a source of impending danger and pain? But he loves you. :Doh:

In Romans one it says

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

So now you throw out more of the judgement of god and his wrath at the unbelieves and also attempt to take us down the Roman Road.

First, context. Unlike the above where he founded the church, Rome was a place he had never been. The church there had been founded long before him. Recently it had also had a purging. The Jews and Jewish christians had taken to infighting and Claudis said GTFO. So this chruch was mainly gentile, and therefore had many trappings of typical Roman religion. Idols being the biggest offender.

Second, they knew who Paul was but the didn't know what he stood for. So this is one man's testimony and belief in the gospel. Therefore, this is one ancient man's opinion. Great. So what?

Since there is just so much wrong with this passage. Just go here

This sounds a lot like you all. Just saying and further emphasizing my point. You guys accept not, because you desire to have control of your lives. You desire to decide for yourselves what’s wrong and what’s right.

Now who is being libelous.

Second, you don't know me, just as I don't know you. Thus generalities are the sign of closed mind.

Third, you are absolutely correct. I do desire to control my own life, and I have even when I was a christian. It was my choice to act or not that caused certian events to happen. My life is of my own making. God did hand me a masters degree. I earned that.

Newsflash, in Hitler’s sight, he was good, so obviously man is incapable of making such decisions on their own. Furthermore, I can tell you that the day you die, you are going to be without excuse, and this won’t be so funny to you. You’re not going to be able to hide behind, o, well, that theory made so much more sense to me… It won’t work that way.

Again CONTEXT. Hilter was the head of one of the most corrupt, destructive, manipulative, and insidious organizations ever created. He created it. He ruled it and in that context he was good. The rest of the world didn't think so, but only AFTER the reality was uncovered. Up to that point, there were just stories.

Also hitler was basicly on crystal meth thanks to his doctor who was trained in the messed up world of nazi germany. So gee can't imagine why things were messed up when the leader is a drug addict.

On the day that I die I will travel to house on mountainside overlooking a peaceful lake. There I will reflect on my life and lesson learned and karma made and burned. Then I will prepare for my next life.

1 Timothy 6:20

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

This is basically Paul being Polonius sending his son to college.

Anyway, Paul is basically saying don't talk about your faith with anyone, thus contradicting the entire point of setting up churches in foreign lands to begin with. If you never share your faith, how do you win converts.

Consider the book of Job when God says in the 38th chapter

4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

So all you atheist and God haters declare if thou hast understanding. Where were you guys when the universe was formed?

First on theory, learn the terms in context.

Second, every animal evolved to fit a specific niche. This is the definition of fittest. We learned early on to band together to find food and protect ourselves. We never needed to be ferocious. Animals may be ferocious and faster and stonger, but that comes at a cost. A gazelle can run up to 30-40 miles an hour over short distances and timeframes Humans can run at 4-5 miles an hour for hours over many miles. Early hunters didn't need to make a quick kill they just need to wear the prey out.

Language developed as a means of improved communications. This is only possible once the brain size reaches a certain point. It was recently discovered that dolphins have names they call each other. So there is one animal that developed it, BUT many people also regard dolphins as sentient beings, therefore on the same level as humans.

Where was I when the universe was formed? As a conscience entity somewhere on the astral plane perhaps. When you as a non sequiter expect smartass comments.

Last we are not god haters. To hate something said thing would have to exsist first. Since many on here find no evidence of that, it can not be hated. Therefore, we can not be haters.

EDIT: :needs to learn how to correctly mulit quote:

• Like 1

The Bible has never been disproven.

Neither has Harry Potter!

Does that mean Harry Potter is true too!? :lmao:

Anyone who believes in talking snakes, talking donkeys, virgin births, zombies, angels, devils, demons, etc (all "real" in the Bible), needs to be checked into their local mental hospital asap and separated from the general population as certifiably insane! :lmao: :lmao:

You religious kooks really crack me up!! :funny:

Do you believe in warewolves, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Man on the Moon, too?? :lmao: :lmao:

Cuckoo, cuckoo! :crazy: :crazy: