Goodbye Jesus

Do You Have Experience With Supernatural?

DayLight

I have a great amount of experience with the natural world, roughly four billion years of experience. And I'm telling ya. It's complex.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw three ravens sitting on the roof over the door way of my bosses house. I told him they were oracles of death this morning and asked if anyone in his home were ill. He said no. We drove out of the driveway and got a call to come back to his house because his father passed away moments ago.

Actually, you saw Edgar, Allan, and Poe.

I live in a town I affectionately refer to as "Sunnydale North", so... yeah.

My own personal experiences? Too many to count, though I will note I have a knack for divination, particularly with the Tarot of the Cat People, and I have a weird mystical "thing" going with cats.

I have a big problem with this sort of thing. I'm mentally ill so any experiences I have are automatically counted as craziness.

Anyway though, once I had an experience other people had seen too. Some of my coworkers went on a tour of haunted places. When they came back to the nature center, they said a ghost followed them. The girl looked at something and screamed "go away!" and suddenly the water cooler bubbled and the trash can lid moved at the same time. Ehh maybe not that impressive, but weird.

Other possibilities was when I got text messages that had the name of my favorite character followed by gibberish that came from nowhere, seeing the same time often on clocks (11:11 phenomenon) seeing bright blue winged entities at night, etc...

I have a big problem with this sort of thing. I'm mentally ill so any experiences I have are automatically counted as craziness.

Anyway though, once I had an experience other people had seen too. Some of my coworkers went on a tour of haunted places. When they came back to the nature center, they said a ghost followed them. The girl looked at something and screamed "go away!" and suddenly the water cooler bubbled and the trash can lid moved at the same time. Ehh maybe not that impressive, but weird.

I don't like the idea of ghosts anything else 'weird' bothering people. A friend of mine said a ghost visited her and it scared her half to death. My first reaction was 'how rude'. If you're dead you had your chance and shouldn't be harassing the living. I'd tell the ghost to get lost or I'll find a way to cause you some real trouble. I'll find some other ghosts to beat your ass for scaring little girls, you fucking bully. I really hate that kind of shit, I don't put up with it. I was tormented when I was younger and now it just pisses me off.

What is the number's phenomenon? Often I'll glance at a clock for no apparent reason at it'll be 11:11, 5:55. 2:22. etc.

The numbers thing there are different theories about it... from "it means nothing" to "it's the other side trying to communicate"

• 2 weeks later...

I've been at places where I'm filled with the feeling "GTFO. You shouldn't stick around". Never questioned it, just obeyed.

I had the exact same feeling the infrequent times I attempted to sit through church services, and that was when I was a staunch Christian. :lmao: Seriously, it happened!

It felt like a wave of something wicked, no matter what type of church it was. I don't think there was anything supernatural about it, although at the time I thought maybe god was trying to tell me that churches were not places he approved of, so he didn't want me there. I now think it was just my natural aversion to the entire concept.

I can't say that I've ever had any supernatural experiences that could not be explained some other way. I had an out-of-body experience many years ago, but I now see that as nothing more than a trick of the brain that caused me to lose the sense of my body. Perhaps I will reconsider that some day.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad you hate me.

• 3 weeks later...

you don't deserve this

Another time in my old apartment while I was standing in the kitchen talking to my husband, my bathroom light just switched on. Both of us tried to debunk it.

Did you try calling an electrician?

• Like 1

I didn't say anything of importance here either.

Another time in my old apartment while I was standing in the kitchen talking to my husband, my bathroom light just switched on. Both of us tried to debunk it.

Did you try calling an electrician?

Naw...we were getting ready to move to a different state and just forgot about it. What could an electrician tell me that I don't already know about light switches? Down = off Up= on? The light switch was Down/Off when I left the bathroom. You know why? cause I used my little fingers to switch it off. We are in the kitchen.....the light flicks on.....we go investigate and see that the switch is in the up/on position. What do you think an electrician could tell me about that? That sometimes electrical currents will do that from time to time? I believe if that if that were the case I would have heard a pop and seen black soot around the switch from that kind of force.

Electrical wiring degrades as it ages, especially if it is faciliated by rodents and roaches. Next time that happens, call an electrician because you may face a fire.

Electrical wiring degrades as it ages, especially if it is faciliated by rodents and roaches. Next time that happens, call an electrician because you may face a fire.

sound advise.

I suppose that sometimes I just hallucinate too. I guess I suffer from intermittent schizophrenia. :shrug:

You might be fantasy prone. It's not an illness that can be treated (not an illness at all), but can lead one to see things that really aren't there. Take a look at this methodology and see if you fit any of them.

I suppose that sometimes I just hallucinate too. I guess I suffer from intermittent schizophrenia. :shrug:

You might be fantasy prone. It's not an illness that can be treated (not an illness at all), but can lead one to see things that really aren't there. Take a look at this methodology and see if you fit any of them.

Never heard of this study. I don't like the implications. Makes me feel kinda like a child. Like a big kid that's not connected to reality. I feel ashamed.

No need. It's good for creativity.

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamt I saw a demon, it looked like Bat Boy. At breakfast the next morning my dad told me he saw a demon in his dream, he didn't tell me what it looked like though. I didn't tell him about my dream though because he would have been frightened.

Never heard of this study. I don't like the implications. Makes me feel kinda like a child. Like a big kid that's not connected to reality. I feel ashamed.

No need. It's good for creativity.

I have a feeling that it's people like me that have created the Bible..God..and other spiritual nonsense. Seems likely that fantasy prone people are to blame for spreading bullshit. What a joke we are. Ah the sweet taste of disillusionment.

I've changed my mind. I've read more about fantasy proneness and I really don't believe that it applies to me. I wasn't hypnotized or daydreaming at the times I saw the girl or the "shadow person". It just doesn't fit.

When I quit believing in the supernatural, I did loose a bit of my creativity. I had been tapping into it (and other internal resources) by trying to have out of body experiences and/or find the astral plane, and sorta hoping/wishing that people can do magic like telepathy and telekinesis. A few years later I did manage to start meditating by telling myself I was doing it for the stress management and other good, non-superstitious reasons. It's only lately I've really started to believe myself when I say that those experiences were valuable and worth repeating, even if I no longer believe them to have a reality outside of me. Try to be too "realistic" and "practical" is neither when I'm busy denying parts of myself. It's just... harder to reach those states of consciousness without the force of belief behind it. But hey, at least I no longer think there's a god to be mad at me for dabbling in the occult.

I have had some creepy but vague experiences related to sensing auras, the most impressive where someone described what they saw and it happened to match a strong image I had in my head but had never shared with anyone. I almost succeeded in having an out of body experience following directions I found on the internet, but when I got to the part where I had a strong feeling of motion (like I was jiggling myself loose from my body) I was so startled that I snapped out of it. That may well have just been biochemical, I don't know. I also had strong visualizations/altered states of consciousness where I experienced things in altered states of consciousness that I later found out are common themes for people who say they've visited the astral plane. Not really sure what's going on there, but it's kinda neat to have such a vivid experience that makes me feel connected to other people instead of delusional and different. But everything I've experienced personally has been "inside my head". The few times I've had other people say they can sense things about me have been interesting and useful, but may well have been someone who was good at cold reading and didn't realize that's "all" they were doing.