Goodbye Jesus

Do You Have Experience With Supernatural?

DayLight

This is probably the wrong thread for arguing reincarnation. Could be fun though. Is there a reincarnation thread somewhere already that we could go to?

I just started one here in the Sprituality forum. I am intriqued by all the different ideas of reincarnation presented in this thread and would like to carry it on.

I have had 3 paranormal 'musical experiences' and I am so happy to say that 2 times a witness was with me to verify the 'weird' musical noise. And let me tell you - it was weird.

[snip]

I can't explain any of this? I don't know why it happens. I try today to be VERY logical, but I cannot deny that I've had these experiences. Wendyshrug.gif What do you think it is? Is it that our brains are very sensitive?

Margee, could you elaborate on the music one?

I love foresight accounts. Mine only come in dreams and are always of just insignificant things, and i mean insignificant!

I've fabricated one theory to explain visions of past and future having to do with the nature our own energy and the nature of moment, which as i said above, is integral to consciousness. I don't want to try to elaborate on it here. We could have a million other theories too, trans-dimensional, spiritual, mythical... I like mine, it tends toward scientific.

Voice, I was hoping nobody would ask because I wouldn't blame anyone for not believeing me.

Two of the musical encounters were right after my sister died and my girlfriend (who is a sceptic) was right there with me when it happened both times. It was my mom's piano and it was now in my sister's livingroom. I was 'dying' inside with grief because my only sister died and this friend was staying with me. We were just sitting there having a cup of coffee when this music (we called it 'heavenly chimes') started coming from, what we think was the back of the piano!! Wendytwitch.gif We both were shocked and stopped talking immediately. I asked her what the hell that was and she didn't know. We both heard it and jumped up, pulled the piano from the wall and did our research.....

The next day - same thing!! eek.gif Played this weird 'heavenly chimes' for about 30 seconds. It never did it again. I have that piano in my house now and it has never done it again. Wendyshrug.gif As far as my friend is concered to this very day - she believes that someone was trying to give us a message that they were 'around us'.

[snip]

You say 'heavenly chimes'. can you describe? Have you ever tried to play what you heard? Did it sound like someone playing the keys, or just the strings playing themselves?

You say 'heavenly chimes'. can you describe? Have you ever tried to play what you heard? Did it sound like someone playing the keys, or just the strings playing themselves?

Voice, I could never describe the 'music' these heavenly chimes made. Maybe, as close as I could get, would be those very loud chimes that people have hanging off their homes in the summer....but they just 'tinkle'.....these had a definite 30 second 'song'? This happened in February and it was right in the living room............behind the piano....I know...I'm crazy........wacko.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen 'spirits.' I use quotations because I do not know what exactually they are. This is actually a really big reason I left Christianity. I'm really glad you started this thread, because I've been afraid to say anything about my deconversion because of this. I've experienced a lot of judgement for this throughout my life. Either my peers think I'm making this up, or they think it's something evil. Truth is, I never tried to see spirits. I just do. It's not something I searched out. Even if I did, I don't know if that's really 'evil.' To me, evil implies harm of the innocent. Contacting something from beyond out of curiosity isn't harming anyone. I'll admit that I don't know much about spirits and/or paranormal subject matter in general, because I don't really know where to begin researching it.

Here is my supernatural experience. I was playing fetch with a dog in a park, throwing a tennis ball with a ball launcher. Each time the ball would land in about the same 10-20 square foot area. We were doing this for a good 10 minutes and the dog would bring the ball to me each time. Then I threw the ball and suddenly the dog couldn't find it. He was running around in circles with his nose to the ground confusedly looking for it in the area where we both saw it land. So I walked over there and I couldn't find it either! The grass was not very long at all and there were no holes in the ground whatsoever. I thoroughly searched the entire area for at least 15 minutes looking for any holes in the ground or anything that might explain it's disappearance. The dog did not swallow it.

It may be a stretch to say this was supernatural but I don't know what happened to it. I didn't see it vanish into thin air because my eyes weren't glued to it but I did see it bounce and come to rest as usual and the next thing I saw was that the dog couldn't find it.

• 3 months later...

On two different occasions in two different apartments I smelled roses when there weren't any around.

My ex and I heard and felt a hard knock on the box springs under us as we were lying in bed. Right after the hard knock I heard a man say, "Get out". I asked, "Did you hear that? What the fuck was that?" And he said it was probably my cat Vega. I said, "But didn't you hear "Get Out!"?" He denied it. We looked under the bed. Neither Vega nor Sugar Bear were there. It really scared me 'cause this was the same ex whose mother dreamt of choking someone the same night I dreamt of being choked. I really started to believe those were signs that I wasn't supposed to be around that family and that there was evil surrounding that apartment complex....

A belief in ghosts and the supernatural was one of the last things keeping me tied to Christianity. It was when I started to realize the lack of anything supernatural in my life that I was able to dump the whole supernatural load.

My husband's late professor and mentor told his students about a time when he witnessed a table levitate..they asked him what he thought it meant. He said it didn't tell him anything..that experience didn't answer any profound questions or enrich his life in any significant way.

I had a scary experience once before in my sleep…

One night I was lying in bed about I think three or four in the morning and I remember partially waking up where I was half asleep and half awake and I remember I felt something enter my room, it was almost like I was in a dream state but I was awake at the same time. What ever came into my room and hovered over me I felt was not peaceful and I felt it wanted to hurt me in all intensive purposes.

I felt the thing claw into my back after telling me that I belonged to it and I still have the scares from it.

Now my emotional side wants to tell me it was some kind of spirit but I know through rationality it was probably a night terror since I have sleep apnea and the two claw marks have a distinctive look of stretch marks but it is a strange coincidence I woke up with them next morning.

Another time I was a small child and I thought I had experience with “Satan” and it felt real too. That night at church the pastor said that if Satan bothered you then you just say “in the lords name I banish you” well that night I wanted to test it out so I challenged Lucifer to take over me and as I did I felt this force start to come over me starting with my feet and going up, it was very heavy. I said the magic words and poof it receded back.

It was more than likely my over imagination as a child since the mind is prone to fabricate such things but both of my experiences where with “evil”

O I thought I saw the “death dog” thing once when I was like six, the thing that kills you after you see it three times and gives you good luck if you see it once… lucky me.