Goodbye Jesus

Why were you once a Christian?

daniel_1012

Danial, Last week I was talking with a good friend of mine who happens to be a Captian in the Iraqi Army. Since religion is a big topic over here, the subject came up. He said that I was born a Christian, while he was born a Muslim. Now that just confirmed one of the issues that lead me away from Christainity - I was "born" into it. What if I'd been born somewhere else with a different religious belief? What if I'd been born to Athiest or even Satanist parents? Would I be that by default?

My Muslim friend believes it is God's will, that it is all god's will. But I don't buy it. Just having Christian parents who teach it does not make it right. There comes a time when we have to think for ourselves and make our own decisions. Which I did!!!!!

103626[/snapback]

Right on, Bluesman! If atheism and skeptical thinking is needed somewhere in the world, it's where you are now.

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fweethawt

• daniel_1012

• -Demona-

• Ouroboros

Danial, Last week I was talking with a good friend of mine who happens to be a Captian in the Iraqi Army. Since religion is a big topic over here, the subject came up. He said that I was born a Christian, while he was born a Muslim. Now that just confirmed one of the issues that lead me away from Christainity - I was "born" into it. What if I'd been born somewhere else with a different religious belief? What if I'd been born to Athiest or even Satanist parents? Would I be that by default?

103626[/snapback]

It's ironic when you go back into history the early skeptics and atheists would cite that very thing about muslim parents raising muslim children, Christian parents... etc. It is afterall a pretty simple to understand observation, once you strip the supernatual away. You're in good company. :grin:

Because of my parents.

I accepted Christ when I was in 5th grade and didn't really know what I was doing.

Parents still know everything when you are that young, so they had to be right, right?