Goodbye Jesus

The Obedient Wives Club

Darklady

He's entitled to his opinion.

Of course. We all are. But I find that awareness of the opinions of others often saves me a lot of time.

But I am sure you would love to silence him because you disagree with him.....;)

On the contrary, I am a great supporter of freedom of speech. What reason do you have to think otherwise, apart from the fact that I often disagree with you? :shrug:

You either mock or don't understand the argument.

I'll assume you're mocking, which I find pretty strange as I expected you to argue logic but whatever.

Take it from me~DeGaul is not capable of mocking. He doesn't have a sarcastic bone in him.

I'll assume you're mocking, which I find pretty strange as I expected you to argue logic but whatever.

Take it from me~DeGaul is not capable of mocking. He doesn't have a sarcastic bone in him.

I'll take that under consideration in the future.

Its a pity however. Sarcasm provides much comic value in an otherwise overly serious life.

Still, each to their own.

I'll take that under consideration in the future.

Its a pity however. Sarcasm provides much comic value in an otherwise overly serious life.

Still, each to their own.

Being funny is not about being flippant or frivolous – it's about being genuinely humorous and encouraging other people to have a good laugh. And yes. Each to their own.

Did you know? Gödel died in Princeton on January 14, 1978 at the age of 71. His death certificate records the cause of death, tragically, as “starvation and inanition, due to personality disorder.”

Did you know? Gödel died in Princeton on January 14, 1978 at the age of 71. His death certificate records the cause of death, tragically, as “starvation and inanition, due to personality disorder.”

I did.

He's entitled to his opinion.

Of course. We all are. But I find that awareness of the opinions of others often saves me a lot of time.

Ooops, missed this post.

I'm not too fussed about spending some time to make sure that something easily shown to be incorrect is indeed incorrect.

DeGaul has his opinion which may sway some to his argument but I believe people should be made aware that he is interpreting research papers incorrectly and claiming facts where there are none.

The jury is still out on the development of the frontal lobe and at what age that happens but it appears to be normalised about 21-22years of age based on limited studies.

The key words there are normalised. That means there will be those who develop earlier and those who develop later. The results will follow a normal distribution curve which provides probability distributions.

Thus the chances that there will be no 17 year olds with minds of adults are going to be extremely remote. The odds far favor that there will be substantial numbers of them.

Another question. Why is the death penalty not appropriate for youth under the age of 18?

http://www.act4jj.org/media/factsheets/factsheet_12.pdf

A society has to draw the line somewhere. The law's existence merely shows that the state acknowledges the likelihood that a minor does not fully understand his actions; it does not hold that it is necessarily so. And if it did, well, who said laws had to be 100% right?

Another question. Why is the death penalty not appropriate for youth under the age of 18?

http://www.act4jj.or...actsheet_12.pdf

Why is it appropriate for anyone? But that's right if your hubby had his way he would exterminate all of us seeing we don't deserve to live. Or something.

A society has to draw the line somewhere. The law's existence merely shows that the state acknowledges the likelihood that a minor does not fully understand his actions; it does not hold that it is necessarily so. And if it did, well, who said laws had to be 100% right?

Seems that some people need the law to tell them what their opinion should be :wicked:

Some will argue that the death penalty is not appropriate at all for anyone.

Especially those of use who live in countries where we exist quite well without it. Thank fuck we don't have it, imagine having DeGaul or Burnedout on your jury. Kiss you ass goodbye then :)

• Like 1

Isn't my husband impressive!?! I love you, DeGaul.:kiss:

Obedient wives club??

Especially those of use who live in countries where we exist quite well without it. Thank fuck we don't have it, imagine having DeGaul or Burnedout on your jury. Kiss you ass goodbye then :)

One of the best arguments against the DP I've seen.

• Like 1

Yes. Some people will argue that.

This is my final attempt at being clear, take it or leave it (I know most of you will leave it.), but here it is:

Here are my facts:

1)The human animal is entirely physical.

2)The human brain is the physical organ which carries on the processes which we refer to as "mind".

3)The frontal lobe of the brain is the portion of the brain which "involve the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, to choose between good and bad actions (or better and best), override and suppress unacceptable social responses, and determine similarities and differences between things or events."

4)At 17, the frontal lobe has not reached maturity and so is not functioning at its full potential.

5)An organ which is not fully functional cannot function as well as a fully functional organ.

Here is my opinion:

Wisdom just is "the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, [and] to choose between good and bad actions (or better and best).

From my opinion and the facts, I draw the conclusion that a 17 year old (who does not have a fully functioning "wisdom" organ, if you will) cannot have wisdom in the same capacity as an adult with a fully mature and functioning "wisdom" organ. The amount of wisdom that a 17 year old can possess does fall across a spectrum as one does a random sampling of 17 year olds, but the maximal limit of wisdom a 17 year old can have just is the physical limit of his underdeveloped frontal lobe. Thus, all other things being equal (this is what I mean by my perfect case), a 17 year old cannot have more wisdom than an adult with a fully functioning frontal lobe.

That's it. That is my thought on this issue, with as much clarity as I can provide it.

And yes, I don't look to 17 year olds for wisdom and I don't find them beautiful. (I generally don't think babies are beautiful either, so there is another reason for people to demonize me.) I don't have a problem with human extinction, (In the words of my favorite philosopher, "For me, a desert island is no tragedy."), and I generally only find two things in this life beautiful: my wife and snow covered mountains. So.....I hope that puts an end to that.

• Like 1

No one is demonising you. Mate I was married to a cold logical robot much like yourself for many years. There is always a reason behind those who intellectualise everything and have such a profound hatred for mankind. Doesn't happen in a vacuum, but sure does make me wonder what the hell happened to you.

What value does your love have when you pass it around like a cheap whore would do with her OOOOPS.

What value does your love have when you pass it around like a cheap whore would do with her cunt.

Oh good gawd. I can feel the barometer dropping dropping fast.

stuff

How very mature. :|

Here's the thing that gets me: When I state my opinion on a thread and nobody likes it, I'm cool with that. I'll argue my case, of course, but I really believe people are free to think I'm dumb or my views are misguided. Everybody has got that right. But if I state my opinion on a thread and Galien doesn't like it....watch out buddy, because you are gonna get personally attacked.

Galien, if you believe in the power of love, then I gotta say, whatever it is you think love is, I don't want any part of it, because apparently it has made you a cruel and bitter human being who feels the need to attack the character of anyone who she finds disagreeable or whose thoughts and opinions don't fit into her world.

I may be an angry, cynical man who cares nothing for the continuation of the human race, but at least I've got the decency to not attack a person's character when I don't care for what they are saying.

• Like 2

stuff

How very mature. :|

Huh? What? I thought sarcasm was comical around here? I'm confused about the rules I guess.:shrug: Sorry. Sarcasm is only comical when vulgar words aren't used?

Here's the thing that gets me: When I state my opinion on a thread and nobody likes it, I'm cool with that. I'll argue my case, of course, but I really believe people are free to think I'm dumb or my views are misguided. Everybody has got that right. But if I state my opinion on a thread and Galien doesn't like it....watch out buddy, because you are gonna get personally attacked.

Galien, if you believe in the power of love, then I gotta say, whatever it is you think love is, I don't want any part of it, because apparently it has made you a cruel and bitter human being who feels the need to attack the character of anyone who she finds disagreeable or whose thoughts and opinions don't fit into her world.

I may be an angry, cynical man who cares nothing for the continuation of the human race, but at least I've got the decency to not attack a person's character when I don't care for what they are saying.

Not attacking character, making a comment based on the things you have said. I wouldn't want you on my jury because whatever has happened to you to make you angry and cynical is colouring everything you say, and by extension the decisions you make. Take it from an expert at that caper mate, it leads nowhere but to more anger and cynicism.

What are you actually doing to deal with whatever the shitty thing(s) were that happened to you? Anything at all, or are you just going to stay in this place of numbness or whatever it is that keeps these demons from your door?

What value does your love have when you pass it around like a cheap whore would do with her OOOOPS.

Well I guess that depends on whether you have your own ideas on the value of love and not what you read in a book somewhere that sounded good at the time. The reason I don't listen to these "philosophers" is because I like to make my own decisions, not spew out someone else's.

How many times a cunt has been used, does not make it any less a cunt. If you think your love is something special, to be clasped to the bosom and dispensed only to the "deserving" you are still gonna have a shitload of it at the end of your life. Your love is not any more special than anyone elses.

Your whole philosophy seems based on the premise that you are in some way superior.