Goodbye Jesus

Hello Christians!

daniel_1012

Mathew 8:20 [KJV] - The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

I must say, strong faith in Christ is not built on knowing you have a family that loves you. I think the best place to find the answers, is always at the very beginning... at the foundation where it all starts. Knowing that others support us is something equally beneficial to all people of all beliefs including Christianity. All people who believe all things are strengthened by numbers.

Strength in numbers is a consistent 'faith builder,' no matter what belief you happen to possess. Atheists are strengthened in this way, and they have formed groups of people they know to love them. Agnostics, Muslims, Hindus, and an endless list of others -- all faiths and all beliefs are this way. I remember being taught strength in numbers when I had my D.A.R.E. meetings in middle school. It was one of the factors that would help keep us away from drugs (oddly enough, it is the same factor that keeps people in drugs).

Knowing that in our hometown we are loved; knowing that when we go home there are people that will support us. Knowing that you have family and friends that love you -- these things are beneficial to faith, as they are to all faiths and all beliefs. I suggest however... no, I am telling you that a strong faith in Christ is not so, but it is built solely on knowing that even if that home did not exist, it is still Christ whom you will exemplify in your life. It is built on knowing that even if all forsake you, and there is no place to rest your head, it is still Christ whom has known you. (John 6:68) [KJV] - Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

So, that is the question... to whom shall we go? Who has the words? Who do you believe it to be?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• willybilly30

• iprayican

• Mythra

• quicksand

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mmmmmmmmmm..............

spam.gif

:lmao:

Looks like Jesus Wanker Boy is calling for reinforcements.

Do we allow spam in the Lion's Den?  :shrug:

101912[/snapback]

Do we allow opinions of what spam is? :shrug: If the answer to that question, I would expect to be reflectively similar. Since you gave your opinion as to what spam is, I guess the answer must be yes. :)

Do we allow opinions of what spam is?  :shrug: If the answer to that question, I would expect to be reflectively similar.  Since you gave your opinion as to what spam is, I guess the answer must be yes. :)

Well, spam (whether in meat or net text form) is, in my opinion, three things:

1) it's unasked for

2) it's repetitive

3) it's only to the taste (or use) or about 1% of the broadcast audience it's offered to.

....devotional....

101882[/snapback]

And? I really fail to see where you going with this. And dogma does assert that faith in Jesus is above all of paramount importantance, so all your doing is overturning that dogma.

From the Special Announcements section.

Finally, ExChistian Forums is not a "flock of sheep" for Christians to preach to, proselytize or otherwise engage in worship, etc. If Christian members wish to do any of the above, ChristianForums.com is avaialable.

Daniel_1012, you directed your post to CHRISTIANS.

WE are NOT CHRISTIANS.

THIS forum is NOT your private/personal fucking soapbox for preaching. You got something to say to "your fellow Christians"? Take that SHIT somewhere else.

You've been warned. :nono:

Thanks, Daniel

I think you are right. Being a Christian isn't about the community of others who are like-minded, it's a bonus, but it's really about a personal relationship, one-on-one with the creator of the universe. I've had the walk on the darkside and know what it is to do without that relationship and how my life choices led to consequences and I didn't like what I turned into. I learned God really knows what is best. I've also had bad things happen and not be able to understand why God didn't prevent them when I know He has the power. I have had to trust that I would be able to overcome it with my faith intact and found myself on the other side strengthened. I've also subjected my faith to trial intellectually testing for truth and gained insight, just like God said he would give me if I asked. I can't help but want other people to have what I have, a relationship with God.

Some are curious and want to figure out why we are still around, or they think they have it all figured out, but what they have figured out is the fake side of Christianity, and it's out there like dirty laundry. I think some people are afraid that we might be right and that's sometimes the reason they reject us so harshly. The beginning of knowledge is the fear of the Lord, but he isn't talking about a cowering fear, he talking about being in complete overwheming awe and respect of who He is. That starts the beginning of the relationship, then comes a more complete knowledge of Him which is a mix of the intellect and experience and with that comes a love of who He is.

I think that a lot of people have been in boats, so to speak, they were just not in God's boat, they were partial replicas. Those boats sunk somewhere out in the middle of the lake of life because they were so full of holes and the people in them think God is a fake now because they associate that sunk boat with Him. Those boats didn't hold up to their scruitiny. They don't like it when we tell them that but the truth is the Christianity they were shown wasn't complete. Satan knows this and he has used it since the beginning of time against us. He shows them a partial picture and it doesn't hold up. Most people don't understand the concept of free will, it's almost like trying to grasp infinity. Nor do I think people understand the exponetial consequences of having the knowledge of good and evil and how making one evil choice over time changed the structure of the world and humanity in the process.

God didn't want that to happen, but He also didn't want people forced to have a relationship with him, He wanted us to want that relationship. We decided to take the test. That's why this test is not long, He knows it's too difficult to endure for long. The test is long enough to determine who really wants to know Him and who doesn't. Some people think God created Satan to test us with evil, but that's not true either. Satan had free will, too, just like we do. God can use the good with the bad. I think a lot of people went back to square one, they became skeptics after being hurt or disappointed in what they found in Christianity. Now they are tearing apart God's word and Christanity with a vengence either in a sincere search for truth or in a mocking blinded bias that they can't possibly find it. I hope we can help them, the last thing I want to do is hurt them.

From the Special Announcements section.
Finally, ExChistian Forums is not a "flock of sheep" for Christians to preach to, proselytize or otherwise engage in worship, etc. If Christian members wish to do any of the above, ChristianForums.com is avaialable.

Daniel_1012, you directed your post to CHRISTIANS.

WE are NOT CHRISTIANS.

THIS forum is NOT your private/personal fucking soapbox for preaching. You got something to say to "your fellow Christians"? Take that SHIT somewhere else.

You've been warned. :nono:

101959[/snapback]

I concur. Absolutely. Positively. Wholeheartedly.

Daniel, why don't you just get a free blog or live journal and post that there, if that is the kind of thing you want to post? You might find a more appreciative audience elsewhere, anyway.

Daniel when you realize people here don’t give a damn about the bible and the bible god and quit trying too make us give a damn you’ll be a lot better off. If we still cared about that we would not be in the ex Christian forum.

Being a Christian isn't about the community of others who are like-minded, it's a bonus, but it's really about a personal relationship, one-on-one with the creator of the universe.

101961[/snapback]

Much of medival theological effort from Origen to Augustine, through the Cappadocian Fathers, wrestled with the evolving trinitarian doctrine which this statement of yours is all but too predicated upon.

It's funny how you Christians today assert this stuff and do not remember or pause to consider the long road to this doctrine that has never been logically resolved, but accepted only on faith on the authority of that dogma that even a child can poke holes through.

Since I understand this, I can only roll my eyes at your alledged "relationship" with the creator.

He threatens us with hell and you say he don’t force us too love him.

Explain that too me. How is a threat something done out of love

God didn't want that to happen, but He also didn't want people forced to have a relationship with him, He wanted us to want that relationship. We decided to take

I learned God really knows what is best. 

101961[/snapback]

God know's best when he orders his faithful to rip open the bellies of pregnant women, to dash babies brains in, to drown other babies, to burn other babies to a cinder with fire and brimstone. Yep...god knows best.

Yuck does the bible say too do that. I have not read the whole bible.

I think that maybe I should. If it says shit like that, I know I will be cured of the fundy disease forever. That is so sick.

Iprayican how on earth do you call that a loving god?

Throw them scriptures up there and I'll wade through them with you. There is only one of me so I would appreciate some help from my side. I have some heavy research and a baby on my shoulder asleep right now so I am just buzzing through. I also have a completely booked week but I do care about answering your questions, however, since I haven't committed the entire Bible to memory please use references, it will speed up the process of my response.

Oh, and can someone tell me how I can replace that label "doubter" to something more appropriate. I'd hate to confuse folks!

Throw them scriptures up there and I'll wade through them with you.  There is only one of me so I would appreciate some help from my side.  I have some heavy research and a baby on my shoulder asleep right now so I am just buzzing through.  I also have a completely booked week but I do care about answering your questions, however, since I haven't committed the entire Bible to memory please use references, it will speed up the process of my response.

101986[/snapback]

We could throw Bible quotes around till the cows come home, but that does nothing for us.

Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Bible is true?

Throw them scriptures up there and I'll wade through them with you.  There is only one of me so I would appreciate some help from my side.  I have some heavy research and a baby on my shoulder asleep right now so I am just buzzing through.  I also have a completely booked week but I do care about answering your questions, however, since I haven't committed the entire Bible to memory please use references, it will speed up the process of my response.

101986[/snapback]

What? Don't know them? Should read your bible more. Once again the heritics know more than the belivers.

Some are curious and want to figure out why we are still around, or they think they have it all figured out, but what they have figured out is the fake side of Christianity, and it's out there like dirty laundry. 

101961[/snapback]

Oh yes. If only. If only we could have been around a true christian, such as yourself. Perhaps we wouldn't have fallen. Lost our way. sigh.

post-389-1131162068_thumb.jpg

Oh, and can someone tell me how I can replace that label "doubter" to something more appropriate.  I'd hate to confuse folks!

101988[/snapback]

How 'bout "deluded"?

I have asked that question repeatedly. No one ever answers it.

They say it says it is true. That does not make it true. Then they say they feel it is true.

That does not either.