Goodbye Jesus

Judging the spirits

spamandham

Tell us all about "the Jewry" Ssel.

And give you someone ELSE to hate?

You tell me about the Staff of Moses to show that you have at least gone to the trouble of understanding the document and then we can discuss it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ssel

• NotBlinded

• spamandham

• SkepticOfBible

nd give you someone ELSE to hate?

You tell me about the Staff of Moses to show that you have at least gone to the trouble of understanding the document and then we can discuss it.

In the absence of giving me something to hate I will accept your explanations for your hate. Hmmmm, this is what I know about the staff of moses. It might fit in a hippo's rectum. It might be made of wood. Peter Pan might know where it is. You might be full of pigshit. Oops, that had nothing to do with Moses., Sorry.

Hmmmm, this is what I know about the staff of moses. It might fit in a hippo's rectum. It might be made of wood. Peter Pan might know where it is. You might be full of pigshit. Oops, that had nothing to do with Moses., Sorry.

And with that, you have shown your true worth and why no one has bothered to explain such things to you.

Ssel, I take it you do not agree with the common interpretation of ancient mysticism that water represents the chaos from which order mysteriously emerged?

I would be interested in knowing how you derived that the meaning of water = issues/concerns.

If you are the one, then I will wait for more.

Trinity? :scratch:

One down...two to go! Just kidding! You're so damn funny! :grin:

Is this something that you have discovered or is this something you have studied? I only ask because I would like to view the source. It sounds a lot like what I have been reading. If you are the one, then I will wait for more.

I'm not sure what you are asking here. I'm NOT saying to merely take my word for it. I'm saying to consider it and find out for yourself. The translation causes the mystical events to begin to look far more like common sense events which are merely stated in a mystical manner.

Don't get defensive, I was just wondering if you have worked this out for yourself or if you have had some instruction. I understand the mystical nature religions were written in and I understand that there are keys to understanding it. I was wondering if you figured it out on your own...if so, then that is great.

Arguing over the literal version of ancient mystical scriptures is a lot like arguing whether superman is more righteous than batman.

I couldn't agree more.

If you wish to understand the documents, then it takes a little effort to translate them into your own terms. They were written in mystical form for a reason. But that is another issue.

You think? Sorry, but you are being defensive and accusatory for no reason here...remember, I want to hear what you have to say. :dumbo: I just don't want to hear it from an "I know more than you" stance.

We are told that the spirits can be judged by what they tell you. If a spirit tells you to do something you know is wrong, then it is an evil spirit. ...seems simple enough.

Now for the hard part (for Christians):

God told Abraham to kill his son. Apparently, Abraham didn't consider sacrificing your son to god to be wrong, or he would have recognized this as an evil spirit rather than god talking to him!

God told Joshua to commit genocide. Same thing.

How can you possibly judge god from a demon when god makes the same requests a demon might make?

To add further confusion to this quandary, consider Christ's 'know them by their fruits' advice. If a fig tree grows dates, we are supposed to take that as a sign that something is spiritually amiss - ie, something or someone is claiming to be one thing although it seems to be another.

God asking Abe to kill his son to prove his faith (to a modern xian) would seem like something evil. :scratch:

At any rate, the point is moot since it's all bullshit, anyway. :phew:

Ssel, I take it you do not agree with the common interpretation of ancient mysticism that water represents the chaos from which order mysteriously emerged?

On an abstract level the 2 meaning are equivalent if you are referring to the "sea"

holy water would not be referring to chaos nor pure water nor a river. The water which was turned to wine would not have been referring to chaos either.

The sea represents much more the idea of a chaos of efforts and issues and concerns of all living things.

So, no, I only disagree to use such an over simplified abstract interpretation of a single usage and apply it so many other instances where it clearly would not fit.

You think? Sorry, but you are being defensive and accusatory for no reason here...remember, I want to hear what you have to say. :dumbo: I just don't want to hear it from an "I know more than you" stance.

I really don't see the "defensiveness" in that...?

But if you choose to see only what a perceived favorable person will show you, then you will indeed have a long journey. Do you think that even your worst enemies have nothing worth knowing?

But if you choose to see only what a perceived favorable person will show you, then you will indeed have a long journey. Do you think that even your worst enemies have nothing worth knowing?

Ssel, you are talking to me/us like we know nothing. Please give us credit for being intelligent beings. Of course we can learn from everyone, even our enemies.

You could have said this entire quote above in this manner:

We can all learn from other people...even our worst enemies.

You need not mention how long my journey will be or to question my intellect by asking if I think my enemies have nothing worth knowing.

If you are the epitome of enlightenment, I will choose to surpass your learning.

If you are the epitome of enlightenment, I will choose to surpass your learning.

Please forgive me for my lack of social skills, but choose to surpass my learning anyway.

Please forgive me for my lack of social skills, but choose to surpass my learning anyway.

That is the most wonderful thing you could have said. Thank you.

Ah, good. Don't dare to touch NBBTB! :wicked:

On an abstract level the 2 meaning are equivalent if you are referring to the "sea"

holy water would not be referring to chaos nor pure water nor a river. The water which was turned to wine would not have been referring to chaos either.

...nor would the firmament that separates the waters be referring to "issues". Is "holy water" found in the Bible?

Water into wine could very well be an allegory for the emergence of order (life specifically, with wine being an allegory for blood thought to be the repository of life) from chaos.

Speak for yourself, SM. :wicked:

:HaHa:

And has nothing whatsoever to do with pluralism.

Well I thought by following you were alluring to plurism, where you mean they all talk about the same thing.

I offer an allegorical or metaphorical translation for consideration which will consistently fit ALL ancient manuscripts and scriptures whether they are about God, Satan, witchcraft, magic, Buddha, or any unseen mystical forces. And that is the word “water”. The word water in all ancient mystical references means the same thing. It is only one of very many translations to consider. It is a place to start.

Water = issues / concerns

I am merely referring to understanding the document, not attempting to worship this one or that one.

I don't christian worship the bible anymore than Muslim worship the quran. They do worship the concept of God which is described in their book.

Speak for yourself, SM. :wicked:

:10: