Goodbye Jesus

Aarons Resurrection.....

Destinyjesus3000

Greetings Aman, hope you had a Happy New Year.

It started off with 5 days laying around in the house with a fever and severe cold. Aside from that non-stop party, I was able to get outside for several hours yesterday and enjoy the world, which was wonderful. So the 4 hours of it I've been able to see so far have been enjoyable. smile.png

Quick Question....Is it more reasonable for a the cause of something to have absolutely no charateristics of its effect, Personality, Morals etc( Big bang) or to have a cause that has all of its effects? (personal God) it should be understood that every effect must resemble its cause. This is because, simply put, you cannot give what you do not have, so it is impossible for an effect to possess something its originating cause did not have. That being the case, how can one believe that an impersonal, amoral, purposeless, and meaningless universe accidentally created beings that are full of personality, morals, meaning, and purpose? Only mind can create mind.

People have morals without religion. The church brags about its morals being given to it by god but historically and recently, the church has shown that its members are not necessarily moral people, which means religious beliefs are not a guarantee of morals. What they lack is empathy for their fellow man. Mixing religion with politics only creates a national religion. My mind is a creation of my life experiences, just like yours and anyone else whoever lived. My vision of a heaven would be different than yours, and your idea of heaven would be different even from another Christian's. Even your idea of morality is different from one person to the next. Ten Commandments have been posted in every court house in the US with no affect on crime. Christians lead the nation in murder, rape, robbery, suicide, spousal abuse. How do I know this? Because Christians claim they out number atheists, which would also indicate most crimes are committed by Christians--Once Saved, Always Saved. The universe's purpose is what you make of it. There is no grand scheme except to keep the mythology of Christianity alive and in everyone's face. No one needs religion to live a life with purpose. We are what we choose to be.

• Like 2

simmer down dimemr down, im still here, i work 12shifts people, i will respond, i do alittle bit a day i respond on my microsoft word, because if i respond here then i got new rebuttals and rejections to answer, and it will stack infintletly like dominoes. the mroe new questiosn you keep asking me more time it will take me to respond lol. So Shhhh. Again im outnumbered, unless you one want 1 sentence responses, then i will responses. But i want feed yall some corn and mashed potatoes not couple peanuts. The only reason i respond briefl;y as i have been is to let you know im here, but again i work 12hr shift and writing a book and movie, gona be talking with an agent soon. Spectrox thanks for posting those, i will have to respond to that on the next wave, if that is okay, so i can be fair to others here and get the responses out.

Also AKheia, listen, there is a better way to approach me and still say the same thing, you called me ignorant, would you say that to a family member a friend or co worker, or on an interview? You said i dont know @%@ about logic, or debate, if that is not negative, then what is it? Positive? bottom line no one else here has talked to me that way so why are you? there is no link between a bad argument and justification for your attitude towards me. Belittling me is unecessary and i dont want to waste my emotions on people that dont value them, at this point in my life i dont really need any negative energy in my young married life, if you are going to continue to be negative then i will respond to everyone else but you will be left unanswered. My wife reads what i write and what everyone posts, we are a team, we do just about everything together, when you attack me, she feels your attacking her, and her and i agree this type of demeanor wont be tolerated, we wont tell you what to say we simply encorage to rephrase what you say. Disagreements is fine that is how we grow, but loveless personal attacks, serves zero purpose. If there is anything that we have said that hurt you, offended you, we retract it instantly, willing to make amends at any point without question and willing to start afresh, but, If your reading this with a readied bow about to unleash a flurry of piercing arrows infused with emotional stimulation then please do something else more productive, because you wont get back the time you wasted trying to talk to us, you may have an audience here, but we wont have a ticket to the show, you can swing your sword but you will miss, like i said im willing to start over, but if next comments are out to bash my wife and me, im sorry i will no longer respond to you, even if there is an unrelentless itch to respond back to any false images you may present of us, we will let it go, you can try to throw a fishing line to reel us in but you wont pull back any bait....i promise you.

DJ3, you know, the Universe loves you. smile.png

TO everyone else,

maybe this will help, i give a timeframe. By Saturday i should have something up regardless. I decided to respond every 2weeks considered me and my wifes works schedule and lack of time.

simmer down dimemr down, im still here, i work 12shifts people, i will respond, i do alittle bit a day i respond on my microsoft word, because if i respond here then i got new rebuttals and rejections to answer, and it will stack infintletly like dominoes. the mroe new questiosn you keep asking me more time it will take me to respond lol. So Shhhh. Again im outnumbered, unless you one want 1 sentence responses, then i will responses. But i want feed yall some corn and mashed potatoes not couple peanuts. The only reason i respond briefl;y as i have been is to let you know im here, but again i work 12hr shift and writing a book and movie, gona be talking with an agent soon. Spectrox thanks for posting those, i will have to respond to that on the next wave, if that is okay, so i can be fair to others here and get the responses out.

This may be a stupid question, but if you're soooooo busy, why do you bother posting here at all if you know you'll be peppered with questions you'll need to respond to? All you do in response to questions is say how you're soooooo busy, when instead of explaining how you're soooooo busy, you could actually be answering questions.

• Like 1

THanks Ouroboros we are in the universe and people love each other : ) off to works folks, i have to go to court for simple things help some people out, ta ta See yall saturday

thought2much because when i dont respond people think i ran away so i give them something to eat. and i cant respond to some rejectiosn i will respond to all. But expect to see some whether im finished or not on saturday okay? later peeps

rolleyes.gif

Hey I was wrong!  It's nice to see.  I'm glad you are still here DJ3k.  Do stick around.  Make me wrong some more.  :)

It started off with 5 days laying around in the house with a fever and severe cold. Aside from that non-stop party, I was able to get outside for several hours yesterday and enjoy the world, which was wonderful. So the 4 hours of it I've been able to see so far have been enjoyable. smile.png

Bummer, at least you're optimistic with such a bad start. Did you indulge in too much sweets over the holidays? I don't like getting colds, I try to stave off colds as much as I can but since I became vegan I don't get them as much. I think one time I willed one away. If I feel one coming on I'd drink fresh ginger and garlic. There are some natural concoctions we use that work. One time I felt that pain at the side of my throat that was warning me that I'm about to get a cold and I was like "Oh no!" It's miserable to feel sick, especially nights, you feel horrible. It really makes you feel empathy for people with chronic conditions and worse conditions. Anyway, I used a homemade heating compress (I used 2 cloths, some cling wrap and cold water) and kicked that cold to the curb!
So now I got to change my greetings to hope the rest of the relatively new year is happy for you.

DJ, just letting you know that just like we know Thumbelina never answers our questions, we're aware that you pop in, spew religion at people, then flee before you can be pinned down. If you can't respond to people's questions, don't start shit and there won't be shit. It's really lowering my opinion of you that you keep protesting how busy you are and how harrrrrrd it is to use your phone to post, but that doesn't stop you from proselytizing.

WWJD? Apparently he'd weasel every which way he could out of answering anything specific.

Oh wait

• Like 4

DJ, just letting you know that just like we know Thumbelina never answers our questions, we're aware that you pop in, spew religion at people, then flee before you can be pinned down. If you can't respond to people's questions, don't start shit and there won't be shit. It's really lowering my opinion of you that you keep protesting how busy you are and how harrrrrrd it is to use your phone to post, but that doesn't stop you from proselytizing.

WWJD? Apparently he'd weasel every which way he could out of answering anything specific.

Oh wait

<slow clap>

Bummer, at least you're optimistic with such a bad start. Did you indulge in too much sweets over the holidays? I don't like getting colds, I try to stave off colds as much as I can but since I became vegan I don't get them as much. I think one time I willed one away. If I feel one coming on I'd drink fresh ginger and garlic. There are some natural concoctions we use that work. One time I felt that pain at the side of my throat that was warning me that I'm about to get a cold and I was like "Oh no!" It's miserable to feel sick, especially nights, you feel horrible. It really makes you feel empathy for people with chronic conditions and worse conditions. Anyway, I used a homemade heating compress (I used 2 cloths, some cling wrap and cold water) and kicked that cold to the curb!

So now I got to change my greetings to hope the rest of the relatively new year is happy for you.

I didn't indulge in sweets so much as really great food. Gained 5 pounds, which I promptly lost having no appetite for 5 days. Fever broke after 5 days, and I'm still regaining my strength a little each day. All this too while I'm looking for a new job after leaving my previous position 2 months ago. Today I accepted a new position, so that's great. But still fighting off a cough and runny nose through all of this. Really tired of this damned cold. So probably next week start my new job, which should be really cool. Big opportunity.

Happy new year to you as well.

<slow clap>

Yay! It still works!

This thread has become infected with Ms. Passive Aggressive.  Just watch what happens next.

I didn't indulge in sweets so much as really great food. Gained 5 pounds, which I promptly lost having no appetite for 5 days. Fever broke after 5 days, and I'm still regaining my strength a little each day. All this too while I'm looking for a new job after leaving my previous position 2 months ago. Today I accepted a new position, so that's great. But still fighting off a cough and runny nose through all of this. Really tired of this damned cold. So probably next week start my new job, which should be really cool. Big opportunity.

Happy new year to you as well.

I've come to realize that great (tasting) food does not necessarily mean healthy. The reason I asked is because I heard, I think it was a doctor, say that people call the holidays the flu season because people tend to indulge more during that time. Glad to know you're recovering. There's a male in my household that started to get sick recently and he was given a tea made with water, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, fresh lemon and sweetened with agave (because he's diabetic) and it helped him.

Congratulations on the new job, hope it's enjoyable for you.

For coughs I heard that it's good to mix thick honey with diced onion then after it marinates, strain it and take 1 tsp every now and then.

Thanks for the well wishes.

I did not intend to take this thread off topic, sorry.

To everyone thanks for the wait, it just turned saturday got a lot going on, also to start off, im not a good debater, because well, I don’t debate, I discuss…So don’t expect a fight or argumentative spirit. Im here to engage in meaningful conversation. For each person I have split it up in categories so I can address your responses as a whole instead of statement by statement, If there is a better method please let me know, i will use it next wave of responses, I will try get pregnant with that idea and produce, water it feed it and change its Diap..................Ahem.

Byyy the wayyyy...Thumbelina and Antlerman Do you know guys know each other in uh real life you guys seem to get along pretty well i think thats pretty cool : ) Welp....in any case, thanks everyone for their patience, had an emergency happen so i couldnt get to all the responses. I will be posting PART 1 by 9pm tonight after work florida time zone i will try to post PART 2 by sunday or early in the week......In the meantime feel to check out my debate http://www.debate.org/debates/WIFE-vs-HUSBAND-ROUND-1/1/

if there is christians here keep me i your prayers got a family situation, for anyone else no need to pray feel free to send positive vibes my way, you guys are more than capable of being ethical and loving so no one needs to rebuttal me there right? Hope you all had a good week, again thanks for your patience, we are not mere words on a scree but real people with real lives, never know what unexpected things may happen in our lives its always best to treat each other with love respect and kindness. Thanks for doing the same with me

My personal quote for the week.....there is a difference between running from the past and putting the past behind you, when you run, the Past is standing there aiming it sights with a loaded gun, waiting to pierce you the second you stop running. When you put the past behind you, that means you faced it,  you dont have to run anymore, you may be left with a scar but the past will no longer poison your future.

Sorry to hear about the emergency, DJ -- Take a deep breath, take things one at a time, and block out a few minutes here and there to relax and regroup.  Hoping everything works out for the best.

Dude, you're only half right there.

You don't debate OR discuss.

You do the typical Christian weasel act of ignoring stuff that's challenging. You hurl shit at the wall to see what sticks and then you run away. You do it all with a very sweet smile and a friendly persona, but you don't engage. You've typed out half a page of meaningless words here, and often post these rambling notes that say nothing of substance, and somehow in all of them you have not addressed a single, single, single thing anybody's asked you to discuss.

I guess I don't know what else I expected. But whatever this emergency was, I hope things are working out for you and that when you return, it's to fulfill the promise you made before your living God.

• Like 3

My personal quote for the week.....there is a difference between running from the past and putting the past behind you, when you run, the Past is standing there aiming it sights with a loaded gun, waiting to pierce you the second you stop running. When you put the past behind you, that means you faced it,  you dont have to run anymore, you may be left with a scar but the past will no longer poison your future.

DJ3000 ... I think most of us here are quite bright enough to work out that there is a difference between running from the past and putting our past behind us.

I find it rather offensive to even be remotely stated I might be running from the past! I perfectly now understand the dangers in what I was brainwashed with from birth. In fact I feel VERY SAD now when I visit neices and nephews with their kids, and see affection and praise being hugely given to 2 year old kids that can barely say "Mamma" saying "Amen" at the end of a prayer and receiving reward for this! Just like a drug dog being rewarded for finding drugs! Very sad! It helps me understand why this mythological ROT will be VERY hard to remove from humanity!

• Like 1

To everyone thanks for the wait, it just turned saturday got a lot going on, also to start off, im not a good debater, because well, I don’t debate, I discuss…So don’t expect a fight or argumentative spirit. Im here to engage in meaningful conversation. For each person I have split it up in categories so I can address your responses as a whole instead of statement by statement, If there is a better method please let me know . . .

Usually there are two good ways to go.  If you have an idea and you don't know much about the topic you should ask questions.  Try to work your way into asking deep questions.  On the other hand if you know enough about the topic then you might try to say something about it.  For that it is best to build a case.  You want your case to be as solid as possible so that it can survive rigorous examination.  That examination might reveal that your idea needs to be scraped, that it needs to be slightly modified or that it has merit.  So people can learn a lot from the process even when the idea fails.  So far you have been using a strategy of ad hoc.  That isn't a good idea.  That is why you wind up with a dozen people pointing out what is wrong and you have to spend so much time trying to invent new excuses to get you out of the old excuses.  Ad hoc is a horrible strategy. 

If I were going to be in a debate and I get to be on the side of one plus one is two then it would not matter if I had one opponent or a hundred.  I would simply lay out a mathematical proof and then laugh at anybody who tries to distract from that.  You can have a thousand opponents and it wouldn't matter if you build a strong case.  Of course if you choose the wrong side of a debate you won’t have a case.

BUT i must say just because i dont put forth a good argument doesnt make my argument nontrue. innocent people got put in jail because their lawyer couldnt present their case well, lack of a good argument doesnt nullify the possibility of something being true, furthermore, non belief does not erase existence.

There's hope for you.  You can use logic.  I've seen many xians who can't.  Now you need to take it a step further and examine your own logic that starting with an assumption without evidence has virtually no hope of being true given an infinite number of possible explanations.  Evidence is how we narrow down the playing field objectively waiting to see where the evidence leads, not assuming we already know.   

An ancient book is not evidence.  It's merely a baseless claim. 

what time is it where you guys are at? lol also welcome Newcomes you will have a brain to feast on 9pm tonight been rough responding to everything. i even backed all my notes on a external hard drive just i case something happenned. I got 3000words recorded probably will be about 10,000 when i finish. I sorry i cannot post any here yet because again it would create a domino effect, where i ahve new and fresh rebuttals before i got the chance to answer the old ones. Also i like to chat with people here normally to get to know one another and not necessarily always talk business, understanding people is appropriate in civilized discussion.

Thanks My mistake that for your positivity, although i do not know what ad hoc means.

Vigile Thanks appreciate that, i actually learned to question things by being here back in april or july, and i took a loooooonng azzz break because of it.

Akheia, you did say one thing positive so i retract what i said about not responding for now, please refrain from negativity, to my understanding you had an abusive husband, and you seem like a strong woman who put up with alot and if i offended you in anyway, i apologize. As i stated above, i have been responding to each response just not on here because of the domino effect.

off to bed everyone From Aaron and Sara see yall at 9

Thanks My mistake that for your positivity, although i do not know what ad hoc means.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hoc

"for the particular end or case at hand without consideration of wider application"

(emphasis mine)

And while not the best source it can be useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hoc

If you build an idea right from the ground up then it should stand up to all investigation without the need to invent extra excuses.