Goodbye Jesus

Evidence Against Masturbation

1AcceptingAThiest1

so how do I present evidence that everyman in in the world has masturbated? could i say.with 100% coconfidence to a stranger and tell him he cant lie to me and that he has played with the merchandise in the store?

if u dont have evidence for something does that mean it is not true? if that is the case this could open up slippery slopes. evidence is important evidence is extremly helpful but can it really used as the Throne of all truth in all circumstances? what happens if there is no evidence for something you seen happen with your own eyes? all u have is your mouth which most people wont take as truth. but innocent people have been put in jail because evidence wasn't there. so should evidence only be used to find truth in reality?

How many of single men with working arms and fingers have masturbated today? this week month? year? century? how can anyone prove you have or have not masturbated in your lifetime? show me the evidence u have not beat ur meat......now!

If you're telling me you saw something completely absurd happen, that I didn't happen to have the good fortune to witness myself - then fuck yeah, 'evidence only' is required for this absurd event to be truth.

I think it is highly probable that masturbation is only an issue for religious people especially Christians because they have labeled it as a sin. It is just part of normal human sexuality. Except for religious people masturbation is a non issue.

When sex is labeled as sin it becomes problematic on countless levels and the fallout from people trying to suppress their normal sexual desires has often had tragic consequences.  Christianities issues and teaching about sex is one of their most destructive and appalling tenets.  Christianity has screwed up so many people and couples sexually (no pun intended) it’s a travesty.

• Like 3

so how do I present evidence that everyman in in the world has masturbated? could i say.with 100% coconfidence to a stranger and tell him he cant lie to me and that he has played with the merchandise in the store?

if u dont have evidence for something does that mean it is not true? if that is the case this could open up slippery slopes. evidence is important evidence is extremly helpful but can it really used as the Throne of all truth in all circumstances? what happens if there is no evidence for something you seen happen with your own eyes? all u have is your mouth which most people wont take as truth. but innocent people have been put in jail because evidence wasn't there. so should evidence only be used to find truth in reality?

How many of single men with working arms and fingers have masturbated today? this week month? year? century? how can anyone prove you have or have not masturbated in your lifetime? show me the evidence u have not beat ur meat......now!

Are you trying to make some analogy between not being able to prove god and not being able to prove that 100 percent of all males masturbate?

If so ... lame.

Do we know that 100% of all males have masturbated? No. We do know that masturbation is physically possible and common. We have a lot of facts about it, and those facts can be investigated, scientifically, sociologically, anthropologically, etc. Even though we can't know that 100% of all males have masturbated, we can conclude by various studies that X% of men say they've masturbated, and if several studies produce similar results we can assume the study subjects weren't lying.

Now, if you think you've come up with a good analogy, please present your checkable, peer-reviewed, unbiased evidence for the existence of your god so that rational people can examine the evidence, scientists can do experiments to reproduce your results, and so on.

Nobody will expect you to prove 100% that god exists and that he takes the form you personally believe in. We'll just expect you to present evidence on par with the evidence that masturbation exists so we can check the evidence and draw our own conclusions.

• Like 1

i think he is trying to ask if any of you think jesus masturbated....

did jesus maturbate. and if he did, did he use left hand or right hand or both hands???

or did jesus father, yahweh masturbate,,,,

answer that,,,,,

so how do I present evidence that everyman in in the world has masturbated?

A scientist would not ask that question because a conclusion is already assumed in the question.  A scientist would ask a more mundane question, "What percentage of males have masturbated?"  He would set up an experiment, a survey if you like, to gather data.  Using statistics with a large enough sample and taking into account the likelihood of false responses from participants and other factors, this scientist would extrapolate the percentage to a larger population and conclude, for example, "Based on this study it is estimated that ___% of males have masturbated."  This experiment would have to be falsifiable and be able to be repeatable by others.

if u don't have evidence for something does that mean it is not true? if that is the case this could open up slippery slopes. evidence is important evidence is extremly helpful but can it really used as the Throne of all truth in all circumstances? what happens if there is no evidence for something you seen happen with your own eyes? all u have is your mouth which most people wont take as truth. but innocent people have been put in jail because evidence wasn't there. so should evidence only be used to find truth in reality?

I suggest you spend some time studying the terms:

"evidence"

"relevant evidence"

"empirical evidence"

"inference"

"deduction"

Why do women and their masturbatory habits always get left out of these debates?  You guys have all the fun....

• Like 6

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence ... Says one of the heros of non belief.

So lesser claims require lesser evidence. Where does evidence of masturbation fall on the scale of evidentiary requirement to be accepted?

Maybe consider a different analogy.

Btw, masturbation is always good all the time. Jesus, not so much. Masturbation never made me guilty, fearful or shamed.

Why do women and their masturbatory habits always get left out of these debates?  You guys have all the fun....

Everyone masturbates. Men just do it more frequently as we produce sperm incessantly. I have never actually heard a woman admit to it in RL. It is probably a culture thing as a male orgasm leaves evidence whereas a woman has no visible "solo" cum (usually).

Young males wake up with woodies daily. Not sure if women wake up with an equivalent.

As for the OP, cocks an pussies exist, sexual urges are real, they start long before marriage so it is a fair deduction everyone has masturbated some time or another. Even in marriage masturbation is still done b/c of the ladies cycle where most do not want to do it at that time b/c of the mess. This may be courtesy of the wife or the man takes care of himself.

• Like 2

Orgasms help relieve menstrual cramps.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

I'd really like to know what a "thiest" is so that I could better understand the person behind the name 1AcceptingAThiest1.  Can anyone enlighten me?

If this does have to do with belief in god, this is grabbing at straws in the extreme. If someone wants me to believe in a god based on multiple people's word where I have never actually seen HIM, and they offer no evidence except the writings of ancient people 2,000 to 4000 years ago in which they report that fantastic things occurred, none of which has happened since, and this someone wants me to dedicate my entire life to serve this invisible god  and give up any concern of earthly things, I would have to be insane to do so.  Yeah, and I once was insane, but I now I see the light, praise gawd.    bill

Re:female masturbation...My wife doesn't care for manual stimulation, so she doesn't do it, nor does she like me to "finger her". She has however put the hand shower on "vibrate" mode and had herself a good time! She also enjoys it when I penetrate her from behind and use my hand in combination to assist, but hands alone don't do it for her.

Just sharing a tidbit of fun information... hand shower on vibrate setting, a good tip for the ladies! ;)

lol never seen so many master debaters your good at what you do.So good in fact that perhaps u can help me understand if we dont believe anything without evidence does that mean a murderer can kill someone but as long as there no evidence for it this means the crime wasn't committed that he didn't do it? vise versa why innocent people are put in jail for lack of evidence? why is it that in court defense and prosecution look at exactly the same piece of evidence but they yet their logical conclusions are led in two different directions? how in those instances evidence has helped anyone?

The law of large numbers essentially guarantees that there are at least a few men who have never masturbated, even if you rule out the ones that are physically unable to do so.  You can never be 100% confident in anything, not even the sun rising tomorrow.

I don't see the usefulness of this particular argument.  Belief, after all, is an internal experience and I'm sure that more than a few people believe in things that are unlikely to exist in the physical universe.  In the same way that a believer need not prove that he believes, neither does anyone have to demonstrate that he does or does not masturbate.  Belief is commonplace, and so is masturbation, so neither falls into the category of "extraordinary claim."

Now, if fapping caused a six-pack of ice-cold celestial beer to materialize in one's room, it might be a better analogy to someone believing in and receiving a boon from their unproven invisible friend...

• Like 2

This is absurd. Just because you are doing it doesn't mean all your friends are doing it.

lol never seen so many master debaters your good at what you do.So good in fact that perhaps u can help me understand if we dont believe anything without evidence does that mean a murderer can kill someone but as long as there no evidence for it this means the crime wasn't committed that he didn't do it? vise versa why innocent people are put in jail for lack of evidence? why is it that in court defense and prosecution look at exactly the same piece of evidence but they yet their logical conclusions are led in two different directions? how in those instances evidence has helped anyone?

1. You're changing the subject.

2. In the case of a murder with no apparent evidence, it's not that there is NO evidence (because there is always evidence); it's just that the evidence hasn't been found.

3. Of course people can interpret evidence differently. That's one reason why the job of science is to amass and dispassionately evaluate large amounts of evidence from various sources. And of course some people believe various things -- even wild & crazy things -- without any evidence at all.

4. You know that people on this forum demand evidence for extraordinary claims. So if you don't have the kind of evidence for your god that will stand up to scrutiny here, why do you imagine that fuzzy claims and shifty subjects will accomplish anything?

show me the evidence u have not beat ur meat......now!

You can't prove a negative. What kind of question is this?

does that mean a murderer can kill someone but as long as there no evidence for it this means the crime wasn't committed that he didn't do it?

In a legal sense, yes. You can't label someone as a murderer unless you can prove that he committed a murder. 

Why are you asking these first-grade level questions? 

evidence can be found later to change an outcome. but my point is in specific moments where the evidence isn't there how do u find truth? just because evidence isn't there doesn't mean it didn't happen.

is there another tool to detect truth when evidence is absent? otherwise a serial killer is not a killer until there is evidence so as long as the evidence never shows up he is a free man and so why rely on evidence solely. when if it can't be found it's useless and murderers go free and innocent people are punished.

the bible says the Hittite civilization exists scientists said it didn't only to find out later the bible was telling the truth. they called it a book of fables yet it made scientists eat their own words.

evidence is powerful its helpful its good in many ways but im saying when there is a lack thereof it doesn't mesn s scenario is false you can say u won't believe without evidence but non belief doesn't erase existence and if someone kill ur family member and killer never found are u to say ur family didn't actually die because there no evidence of the killer? im not talking legally im saying in reality why deny it just because evidence isn't there?

Well, there are people who are asexual -- zero to very, very low sex drive. They just aren't into it. So they probably don't / haven't. 

Some men die young before they learn how. 

Some men are born disfigured or severely mentally impaired or had an accident or injury and physically can't. 

So no, not all men have / do. 

There. Not that hard to prove. 

Not really sure what your bigger point is. 

• Like 1

very good releah my bigger point is thst people rely on evidence for throne of truth yet when its not there to help in need it can prove catastrophic

How many of single men with working arms and fingers have masturbated today?

Just for fun, let's do some math -- No evidence to back it up.... let's just make some stipulations:

- that if the world's population is about 7 billion, then there are about 3.5 billion males. And let's say that half of those are past puberty, which makes the number 1.75 billion adult males.

- Now let's also say that .02 billion of those are bat-shit crazy Christians who would never jerk off, and another .01 billion who can't do it for whatever reason.

Just throwing out numbers here for fun, OK?

So that leaves us with 1.72 billion guys who play with themselves.

Now let's also say that the average guy jerks off every ten days. Yeah, I know that may be a low number but some are so busy with other people that they don't have time for more.

Now if my math (I'm absolutely horrid at math. Someone please check my numbers.) is right, there are 14,400 minutes in those ten days. I haven't the slightest idea how long the average guy spends on his homework but for ease of figuring, let's make it ten minutes, which means that in any given minute 119,444 guys are polishing the hardware.

It probably took you 30 seconds to read this post, so during that time 59,722 guys were probably having more fun.

• Like 1